Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Slow wakeup, quick and good eight-hour drive up the state to cap off a great vacation and great baseball and SNL episode to cap off the day. Solid, productive week ahead with the farmer's market returning, plenty of new books and magazines to read, and a promising job lead and/or at least tuning out the crumminess of the present job. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Vigilante Banana posted:

He told me he likes me.

I love posts like this. They make me go all :3: inside.

:3:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I'm starting a pretty fantastic stretch. I spent the whole weekend sleeping, which I needed pretty badly. Today I kicked butt on a midterm AND a quiz. This next weekend I have two major, fun events and I get to see family I haven't seen in a while. And in the next month I have a good friends wedding, my best friends tour de cure race, an orientation to volunteer somewhere I've been wanting work for almost a decade and my sports teams start (softball, kickball and ultimate frisbee).

I'm really excited about it all!

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
Goontleman friend asked me to the movies tomorrow. :3: I'm baking him lemon cookies to sneak in.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Plenty of awesome things going on this week, and just got YOTJ'd today after 2.5 years of waiting! :woop:

E: also we're not pregnant!

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 07:17 on Apr 18, 2012

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Plenty of awesome things going on this week, and just got YOTJ'd today after 2.5 years of waiting! :woop:

What is a YOTJ?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Ishamael posted:

What is a YOTJ?

SAclopedia posted:

YOTJ
Posted by stubblyhead on March 7, 2012
Year of the Job. A number of regular posters in SH/SC got out of lovely jobs and into really awesome ones in 2011, leading to it being dubbed the Year of the Job. Often used as interjection or verb.

Also applies to 2012 now because the trend has continued. :)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Sprint randomly shipped my new phone next day instead of standard shipping, but didn't charge for it. :toot:

Silent Bobble
Apr 14, 2007

Where do you get these wonderful toys?
Won a $50 gift card at work today for answering safety questions correctly last week!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Tax refund.

Oh and my yesterday was awesome because I ran on a treadmill completely pain-free for the first time in probably a decade and I had a Muppet roommate date.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
Aw yeah also getting a tax refund!
And I called in sick to work today. It's the best kind, I'm sick enough that I don't feel guilty calling in, but I'm not so sick that I can't enjoy my day and relax a bit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

After about three months of absolutely no fish, I found the holy grail. Smoked Salmon, 300g, for a Pound and a half.

Imagine, a two foot baguette, stuffed to the brim with salmon and assorted tasty sandwich accessories.

I know what I'm eating the next two days.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Just found out I get to drive to Big Bear with the donation collector we built for the parks service. I'm sure it'll be all business and I'll be told Monday to get back asap, but I think I'll bring a swimsuit anyway juuust in case the director was serious about her kayaking offer. :D

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Renewed my driver's license (after much red tape and hassle owing to my recent move), registered to vote, and became an organ donor all in one fell swoop :toot: Also I have a new credit card with a big fat limit coming my way! My birthday is Monday, but we're going out for sushi on Saturday so my sister can go too.

And I'm seeing Cute OKCupid Boy on Friday after work :3:

ZanderZ
Apr 7, 2011

by T. Mascis
I realized that I'm sick of hanging out with smart people in my free time. I have to spend 10 hours a day working with smart people, talking to smart people, trying to make myself not seem like an idiot, come here to write posts to smart people when I'm dicking around on the internet. Programing is making me an idiot. I have to use my brain so much between 9am and 7:30pm that when I get off work, I'm a drooling nincompoop.

I took a personal day today, in order to make prison wine. Hung out with my weed dealer and his friends this morning and it was awesome. They're roofers from the south shore with thick Boston accents. Instead of always trying to be articulate and accurate, I got to shut my brain off and be all, "Yah dood, fahkin, you saw the Bruins the otha night? Fuckin sick man, fahkin Lucic blastin the poo poo outta Laich." So yea, made new friends with people who aren't pretentious.

This morning, I saw someone in the gym with an Insane Clown Posses shirt. He looked like the opposite of a Juggalo. As far as I could tell, he had no hatchet man tattoo, so I figured it was just a hand-me-down workout shirt or something. I sarcastically asked him if he knew of the band's wonderful work. He laughed abd said "This shirt was a joke gift from my friend, but it doesn't stop people from shouting WOOP WOOP at me." I recommended he watch the American Juggalo documentary on Vimeo and he freaked out, having not known there was an hour long documentary dedicated to Juggalos.

Then most recently, I was checking my email and getting coffee in Starbucks and a few girls were waving in the window. I coulda sworn they were waving to a friend inside, but they just kept waving. I finally waved back, they giggled and then started talking to each other and smiling at me.

Been the best day in a while :D

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

The weather has been AMAZING lately and I've been wanting to bike to work. But my bike was stuck at a shop since I couldn't find time to go get it after taking it in for a major tune-up. But today, I picked up my bike, added front and rear lights, changed the seat to a WAY more comfortable one and I'm ready to bike to work tomorrow!

Also, I got to skip a midterm today since I've already done so well in the class. So instead of being cooped up in a classroom tonight, I went shopping and bought myself new shoes and a pretty new dress :3:

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green? :(

Today was awesome.

I got my car back from the repair place and no longer have to ride the bus. Which means I don't have to leave home an hour and a half earlier and get home an hour later every day. Which means I get to sit around in my pajamas watching Stargate (yes I put them back on after I got my car so what).

That would be a simply good day.

What bumps us up into awesome my friends, I was offered a job making about 15% more than I do now in Denver with a differential that on weekends will get me about 50% more per hour than I make now. I was really starting to feel kind of... no good at what I do. I started applying for jobs out of state about a year ago when my lease was ending and got nothing, not even an interview. This time my lease is ending, I had 4 in a week and I have one more in Portland on monday. Unless they make me a really great offer I don't imagine I'll accept Portland, but I paid for the ticket and hotel so I may as well go and check it out and have a mini-vacation anyway.

This isn't awesome because of the money or moving out of my parents house. I do fine and live in downtown Austin. Its awesome because it means I don't suck. Getting hired out of state in healthcare ain't easy. Getting a raise don't hurt neither.

Edit: Also tomorrow is my birthday.

Merou has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Apr 20, 2012

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I recieved my first credit card in the mail today! Another step closer to being a functional adult.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I got my period! I don't care if I'm going to die of horrible pain! I got it!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I scheduled a date for next weekend. :dance:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Merou, enjoy the gently caress out of your birthday. Congratulations on everything!

Today is awesome because it's Saturday, after an awfully long week. And I forgot my current company treats someone like crap when they're in the position that I'm leaving and then always plays hardball when they realize that an individual is slowly walking toward the door. Suddenly there are higher positions open, and I just got a message from a manager in another of the company's divisions asking if I could speak to him.

It's nice to feel wanted, and even nicer to give a resounding mental "yes" after about three seconds when I ask myself if I'm doing the right thing.

Today is going to be a good day.

novak
Aug 8, 2006

Turnin' on the screw
We went out to play a few rounds of laser tag on date night! I guess I can check that off the bucket list!

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Got to have lunch with my folks, who I only see every few months, and found out that they got tickets for my pops and I to see Springsteen in August, which is wicked.

Also, they offered to help fly my girlfriend and I out to Vancouver for a marathon she wants to run. Goddamn I'm spoiled...

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I've been lying in bed all day with some kind of horrible crud, leaking snot from my nose and coughing up nearly solid gunk that looks suspiciously like Nickelodeon Gak, texting back and forth with some friends because I don't have the energy to do much else. I mentioned to one of my friends that all I really feel like eating is a bag of microwave popcorn. About an hour or so later my doorbell rings and she's brought me a box of popcorn, a huge-rear end can of chicken noodle soup and some Vitamin Water. Totally made my feverish, phlegm-filled day.

Gay but Spooky
Oct 25, 2005
Discovered this awesome song. Oh my god!! So good!!

http://tindeck.com/listen/rznv

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I saw some old friends, laughed very hard, and got to talk to a girl I used to have a crush on. :3:

Also, my shirt (that used to be a little too small on me) felt a little loose today, I actually felt confident tucking it in! I even got a few compliments on my new jeans and jacket. :)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Got a haircut and the scale finally registered 130lbs. More work to do, but good progress for me!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I got to see a taping of Jeopardy and was VIP seated in the third row. I was then able to meet Clarence Page and Lewis Black right after the show.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I grilled out. Sausage, onions and peppers, sweet potatos...I love grilled food so much I would marry it.

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
Today was my birthday. I went to a science fiction convention, got to hang out with friends and get autographs of my fiance's favourite writer (because he works second shift and couldn't be there)and when I came home, my daughter had baked me a cake from scratch, all by herself.

White cake with lemon/lavender icing, plus a shot of Bushmills. I was so proud of her I could burst! :3:

Last week we found mold in the house we're renting and I'm horribly allergic so we have to move, but all our friends found out and have been sending us apartment listings and house listings and offering to help us :getout:.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I had an amazing weekend where I got to spend time with my best friend for the first time in weeks, see family I only see once a year at best, get to play unlimited pinball, and I got to dog sit (I love dogs).

Plus, I'm feeling super productive. With my tax refund money, I just paid off my car registration, registered for the GREs, bought a wedding gift for a friend, and bought some new and much needed items.

novak
Aug 8, 2006

Turnin' on the screw
I don't know why I find myself in this thread so often all of the sudden, but I guess life has just been awesome lately!

Just turned in my thesis today. I was bouncing my way all the way out of the campus because I had a little trouble containing myself. Greatest feeling in the world!

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
Having fresh rainbow trout grilled on the bbq for supper tonight. It's only lunchtime and I am so excited.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's a gorgeous day outside after a hot weekend. I have a flu or something like it but can work through it without too much trouble. And a job interview in a minute for a position I don't really need (so no pressure!)

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
I went for a 9 mile bike ride today. Didn't think I was going to make it back home because it got really windy when I got far away from my house, so I had a really strong headwind that made it almost impossible to keep going. Well I stopped somewhere along the side of the road and rested in the shade for about 20 minutes, and I made it back home. And it felt good.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Today's my 26th birthday and in old lady fashion I changed into my jammies right after I got home from school and have no intention of leaving the house tonight, or even really my gooncave of a room, except maybe to get Panda Express. But tomorrow I do have Date #3 with the same guy I've been seeing!

Awesome.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Sex Hobbit posted:

Today's my 26th birthday and in old lady fashion I changed into my jammies right after I got home from school and have no intention of leaving the house tonight, or even really my gooncave of a room, except maybe to get Panda Express. But tomorrow I do have Date #3 with the same guy I've been seeing!

Awesome.

Happy birthday!! Also, that sounds like an amazing birthday!

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

novak posted:

Just turned in my thesis today. I was bouncing my way all the way out of the campus because I had a little trouble containing myself. Greatest feeling in the world!

This is gonna be me Friday night. Less than a week, I can feel it! SO drat CLOSE. For now, I will live vicariously through you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm a PhD student in developmental psychology and it's so difficult to get access to kids to test. After almost 8 months of trying get into local schools I finally got to test kids today. Got 12 kids in one day and barely made a dent in the consent forms they got back. I was really worried that I was falling behind in my research, but it looks like I'm back on track!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Made a big breakthrough in my research today, and more importantly I was able to re-produce it. Got some good ideas for what to do the rest of the week.
Also I had a splitting headache when I got home from work, but I just puked my brains out and now my head doesn't hurt so much anymore :buddy: Still probably going to go to bed early though.