Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

Luminous Obscurity posted:

In other news, mr. liveblogger just discovered SBaHJ and has predictably flipped the gently caress out.

I need a link to this. SBaHJ is unironically my favorite part of MSPA and I need to see his puny Troper brain flatten like a bad souffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

This is probably for the best. After the newness of Tavrisprite wore off, it would have just been body horror forever, even if the two personalities somehow managed to come to an understanding.

If the kernelsprite itself was actually destroyed by the *tavrisplode* and not merely reduced to the pre-prototyped state, this probably means we won't be seeing any of the other dead trolls come back as sprites. Kind of a shame, but the fakeout was worth it.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Bobulus posted:

We really should go easy on him. He's apparently 15 years old, and everyone thinks they know everything at that age. Even the TvTropes bullshit is forgiven. :unsmith:
That actually explains a lot. I was under the impression he was a CS student in college.

Dice Dingus posted:

I need a link to this. SBaHJ is unironically my favorite part of MSPA and I need to see his puny Troper brain flatten like a bad souffle.

http://manvshomestuck.tumblr.com/post/21369923235/lets-read-sweet-bro-and-hella-jeff-the-following

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

15 or not, the dude is projecting waaaaay too much anger on to Rose. Any time he mentions her it's either to call her a bitch or wish that she would die. Kinda getting weird.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tuxedo Ted posted:

15 or not, the dude is projecting waaaaay too much anger on to Rose. Any time he mentions her it's either to call her a bitch or wish that she would die. Kinda getting weird.
Man his head is going blow itself in half when Vriska shows up.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Man this kid is bad at appreciating comedy. I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't laugh their rear end off at SBaHJ.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

Bobulus posted:

We really should go easy on him. He's apparently 15 years old, and everyone thinks they know everything at that age. Even the TvTropes bullshit is forgiven. :unsmith:

Strongly disagree. Internet humiliation has and continues to teach me valuable lessons.

Also, how can he hate Rose? Dislike I can understand, but it's not like she doesn't add to the story or doesn't have funny moments.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rose is verbose and he hates reading.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I was 15 when I discovered Homestuck, and I just rolled with it v:shobon:v

Pretty sure the guy just doesn't get what's a joke and what isn't, and automatically thinks Hussie is purposefully yanking his chain at any opportunity he can get.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Pretty sure the guy just doesn't get what's a joke and what isn't, and automatically thinks Hussie is purposefully yanking his chain at any opportunity he can get.

Hussie doesn't yank chains at every opportunity he can get?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

WAR FOOT posted:

Hussie doesn't yank chains at every opportunity he can get?

Well not specifically to piss off one single tumblr user, as this guy seems to think.

Or maybe he does.

Maybe when Homestuck is done he'll release his notes. They start out coherent but soon devolve into mad ramblings, punctuated only by a single check mark, signifying that this plot development will indeed piss off respected Tumblr User ManvsHomestuck.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Well not specifically to piss off one single tumblr user, as this guy seems to think.

Or maybe he does.

Maybe when Homestuck is done he'll release his notes. They start out coherent but soon devolve into mad ramblings, punctuated only by a single check mark, signifying that this plot development will indeed piss off respected Tumblr User ManvsHomestuck.

Best possible ending to the comic imo.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

He'll release his notes after Homestuck. It will be a single text document with all the troll names and nothing else.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

He'll release his notes after Homestuck. It will be a single text document with all the troll names and nothing else.

It will be all the troll names and their relevant TVTropes links, because this is all for Mr. Man vs. Homestuck.

(Also, it seems weird that a 15 year old went for 'man' vs. Homestuck.)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, John is thirteen fourteen and he is now a man. He got a note and everything.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
So, do you think this kid is actually getting mad at these fictional characters, or is he just pretending to get mad because he thinks getting mad on the internet is funny to people?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

^ Probably the latter. I'd suggest flash audio reacts, since it's way harder to fake anger in those, but I'd feel creepy suggesting that to a kid.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

All y'all 15-year-olds are making me feel old. :(

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Well, John is thirteen fourteen and he is now a man. He got a note and everything.

Well, when ManvsHomestuck can submit evidence of lifting a safe I'll rescind my comment. :colbert:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Bobulus posted:

^ Probably the latter. I'd suggest flash audio reacts, since it's way harder to fake anger in those, but I'd feel creepy suggesting that to a kid.

All y'all 15-year-olds are making me feel old. :(

It's cool, I turned 17 today!

(That didn't help much, did it?)

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Oh thank god, dead on arrival as predicted.

Well, arrival give or take a minute of indescribable wrongness.

No, wait, it can be described...

quote:

TAVRISPRITE: i AM, a STUTTERING, rEPELLENT, uNHOLY.......,
TAVRISPRITE: a8OMIN8TION!

There we go.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Meanwhile the Vriskachat thread was at 17 pages when I looked last, and it's tripled in size to near 50. :allears:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
It is a good thing indeed that sprites don't have feet, because otherwise Tavris would have socks, sandals, AND skrillex hair. More like dude-that-would-make-you-elbow-your-friend-if-you-saw-him-in-the-foodcourt-sprite

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Well, you're precisely 10 years younger than me, then (27 today - the big... um... three cubed!)

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

Seoinin posted:

It is a good thing indeed that sprites don't have feet, because otherwise Tavris would have socks, sandals, AND skrillex hair. More like dude-that-would-make-you-elbow-your-friend-if-you-saw-him-in-the-foodcourt-sprite

Put him in a bathrobe and beach shorts. The Dudesprite.

All his advice would be made cryptic only because it was poorly enunciated, pockmarked with expletives, and broken up by drinks of white russian.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Look, man, basically... you're trying to perform this Ultimate Alchemy poo poo and... sorry you mind if I do a jay?

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
You pee'd on my loving sprite!

Am I doing it right?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Andrew Percival Hussie was not superstitious, but he did believe in omens, and he sat right back down behind his desk and made a cryptic notation on his memorandum pad to look into the whole suspicious business of the Manvshomestucks right away. He wrote his reminder to himself in a heavy and decisive hand, amplifying it sharply with a series of coded punctuation marks and underlining the whole message twice, so that it read:
Manvshomestuck! ! ! (?) !

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think Hussie did this for a few reasons:

-It obviously made the fanbase, or specifically a very vocal part of the fanbase, go ballistic.

-Since the bodies have been destroyed, there is effectively no way for Vriska to come back, period. So people hopefully will learn to let it go. The only other avenues would be the bottled blood or Beta Vriska, neither of which strike me as likely options.

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.

Nate RFB posted:

-Since the bodies have been destroyed, there is effectively no way for Vriska to come back, period. So people hopefully will learn to let it go. The only other avenues would be the bottled blood or Beta Vriska, neither of which strike me as likely options.
When you've brought people back from the dead as many times as this story has, it's pretty hard to convincingly close that option off forever.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Wasn't there a rule that the only people who stay dead in any form of comics were Uncle Ben, Bucky and Jason Todd?

And then they all came back to life anyway?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Hell, I'm 20, and somehow I feel old due to you.

You're cool though.

Time to see how that Vriskachat thread is going.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

WAR FOOT posted:

Wasn't there a rule that the only people who stay dead in any form of comics were Uncle Ben, Bucky and Jason Todd?

And then they all came back to life anyway?

Also, troll parts in refreigerators.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

Dice Dingus posted:

Put him in a bathrobe and beach shorts. The Dudesprite.

All his advice would be made cryptic only because it was poorly enunciated, pockmarked with expletives, and broken up by drinks of white russian.

Seoinin posted:

Look, man, basically... you're trying to perform this Ultimate Alchemy poo poo and... sorry you mind if I do a jay?

TAVRISPRITE: hEY, tHAT'S jUST, lIKE, yOUR oPINION, mAN.
TAVRISPRITE: The Dudesprite A8ides
TAVRISPRITE: <::::{

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Nate RFB posted:

We've already seen that people in dream bubbles can interact with beings that aren't in dream bubbles when Fefiri contacted Jade when she was asleep, and we also saw Fefiri heal WV through a bubble where she hit God Tier. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point we have the mass dreambubble breakout everyone used to talk about.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I guess Hussie could have done this somewhat for the shock value (okay who am I kidding, he didn't have to use Tavros and Vriska), but I would really be surprised if his primary motivation wasn't to show a previously unknown game mechanic-- kernelsprites can self-destruct, and maybe even unprototype themselves, which I guess we'll find out is the case provided that the focus stays on Jane.

I'm not particularly worried that Nannasprite, Jaspersprite, or uh... Jade are going to go kamikaze any time soon, but it's probably worth keeping in mind that the remaining sprite is doomed...

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Isn't it possible that hussie just did it because it was hilarious?

Because it was pretty hilarious.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kjoery posted:

I like to think that, since some of the crazier fans work on the assumption that they are being trolled by Hussie seemingly at all times, he wanted to show them what it's like when he actually is trolling them.

In other words yes it was pretty hilarious.

Yeah Man
Oct 9, 2011

And if you had, you know, a huge killer robot at your command, yeah, that would just clutter things up; and a lesser person might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but you know - where's the challenge in that?

Nate RFB posted:

I think Hussie did this for a few reasons:

-It obviously made the fanbase, or specifically a very vocal part of the fanbase, go ballistic.

:bravo:

I don't ever want to go through that many pages of Vriskachat ever again, you hear me? :mad:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Yeah Man posted:

:bravo:

I don't ever want to go through that many pages of Vriskachat ever again, you hear me? :mad:

Vriska is a universal constant. Vriskachat will never truly be gone. :getin:

Besides, we still have to deal with her and Tavros's inevitable conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Kjoery posted:

The question to ask yourself is: When was the last time Hussie did something that was hilarious, that DIDN'T end up being important at some point later in the story?