Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Oh yeah, HRC use them on the RC-Vs, a few WSBK teams use them as well.

Cool. Maybe someday in the future I can find an ex racebike on ebay for a song and have the unobtaniumiest calipers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Has the world really come to this? Pining for a Nissin before a Brembo?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

Cool. Maybe someday in the future I can find an ex racebike on ebay for a song and have the unobtaniumiest calipers.

Those would be the ridiculous MotoGP Brembos, which are made of lithium-alloy or something similarly ridiculous.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Has the world really come to this? Pining for a Nissin before a Brembo?

I'm a caliper hipster. I admit it. Where's my NAPA brand DOT4?

Besides every jerk with a checkbook can get brembos.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 19, 2012

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

I'm a caliper hipster. I admit it. Where's my NAPA brand DOT4?

Besides every jerk with a checkbook can get brembos.

You should be totally underground and get a PFM set-up: http://www.bikehps.com/pfm/pfm_gallery.html

HOW DO THOSE DISCS WORK

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

You should be totally underground and get a PFM set-up: http://www.bikehps.com/pfm/pfm_gallery.html

HOW DO THOSE DISCS WORK

Those are awesome. One day when I'm rich I'll have the most amazing oddball bike parts. :3:

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

Those are awesome. One day when I'm rich I'll have the most amazing oddball bike parts. :3:

Check out the master cylinder!

Look at that thing!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Look at that thing!

Is it for stunters :stare:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2009/10/30/when-all-else-fails/

This has undoubtedly been posted before, but gently caress. So many old celebrities on old bikes. Triumph was very well represented back in the day.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

2ndclasscitizen posted:

HOW DO THOSE DISCS WORK

That doesn't look safe.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

invision posted:

That doesn't look safe.

If it's good enough for TT riders it's good enough for us mortals.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
WashingtonDC.flv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds4bRTZfS3g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds4bRTZfS3g

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That is really quite brilliant. You see, not only has the rear end in a top hat driver stopped the bike for no reason, but he's probably messed up his door more than the bike. Even better, with his door open that provides convenient access for the rider to verbally and physically accost him.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Look at that thing!

gently caress me, a dual rate independently adjustable lever? That is sweet as hell. Way over the top of course, but still sweet as hell.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

nsaP posted:

That is really quite brilliant. You see, not only has the rear end in a top hat driver stopped the bike for no reason, but he's probably messed up his door more than the bike. Even better, with his door open that provides convenient access for the rider to verbally and physically accost him.

Not to mention causing damage to the car on the left, as if having an angry biker stare you down wasn't bad enough. AND blocking traffic in possibly both lanes. Brilliant.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

nsaP posted:

As one of the comments points out, the trunk is open. The car is a taxi. Dude probably thought he could get out of the car real quick and didn't check for a bike illegally lanesplitting. I think that's also him out the car helping to pull the bike back.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

KozmoNaut posted:

Not to mention causing damage to the car on the left, as if having an angry biker stare you down wasn't bad enough. AND blocking traffic in possibly both lanes. Brilliant.

NOBODY PASSES #3 AND I WOULD TOTALLY BE #3 THE DALE REINCARNATE IF MY WIFE WOULD LET ME PAINT IT ON THE SIDE OF MY TEMPO!!!

ppl r dum

redheads on motorcycles are not dumb. bonus possible Rossi fan.

edit: Yeah, might have been just getting out to get to the trunk. I think lane splitting is illegal in DC anyway so why check mirrors. Also -1 for chick on a bike because it's a Suckzuki. :mad:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Silver fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 19, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Silver posted:

edit: Yeah, might have been just getting out to get to the trunk. I think lane splitting is illegal in DC anyway so why check mirrors.
I don't think that was DC by the look of those plates.

Edit: Not motorcycle related but this showed as a related video for me.

Go to 2:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq5fUG2FILk&feature=related

slidebite fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 19, 2012

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's pretty clearly not DC. Charlie was joking, but he is right that it's what traffic is like, and someone probably would open their door purposely.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Endless Mike posted:

It's pretty clearly not DC. Charlie was joking, but he is right that it's what traffic is like, and someone probably would open their door purposely.

It happens pretty frequently. There's a lot of idiots that get personally offended by pretty much anything on the road.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

[edited by request]

I am a gigantic rear end in a top hat and said something I really shouldn't have.
I'm sorry to everyone, especially anyone I might have offended.
I hope you can forgive me and I will choose my words more carefully in the future.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 20, 2012

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Look at that thing!

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this configuration, could someone explain it?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

What are they expecting to achieve? To hurt the biker? Or is just because they can, like seeing someone run past you and not being able to resist tripping them?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Ola posted:

What are they expecting to achieve? To hurt the biker? Or is just because they can, like seeing someone run past you and not being able to resist tripping them?

The trunk is open, and the traffic is basically stopped. My guess is that he was trying to mess with the back or the lid popped open by accident or something, and he figured he could jump out and deal with it before the road started moving again, but he didn't look in his mirror before opening the door. If lane splitting's legal then he's at fault but I don't think there was any malice involved.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Well that's fair enough then. Might be a dumb accident, but still just an accident.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this configuration, could someone explain it?
Second lever and mc for the rear brake.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Silver posted:

Also -1 for chick on a bike because it's a Suckzuki. :mad:

Here's a girl on a Honda instead to cheer you up!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
When did Honda start coming with roundels and duolever forks?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

KozmoNaut posted:

Stuntaz sometimes have a foot and handlebar brake?

Ola posted:

I can only assume they have malicious intentions. Probably something like... "this'll teach that rear end in a top hat"
I'm guessing these same people get seriously offended when someone cuts in line.

The taxi drivers are just oblivious idiots though.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 19, 2012

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Nidhg00670000 posted:

It even says BMW Motorrad down in the corner! 10 second pit penalty.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Ola posted:

It even says BMW Motorrad down in the corner! 10 second pit penalty.

I think it's a joke. Someone incorrectly referenced a BMW as a Honda somewhere round these parts a couple weeks ago.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

In that case, I'll accept a double 10 second pit penalty and a slap by a grid girl.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nidhg00670000 posted:

:thurman:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I think it's a joke. Someone incorrectly referenced a BMW as a Honda somewhere round these parts a couple weeks ago.

"Someone" being Suzuki fan #1 himself

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
I found a picture of a chick on a really nice CB60/5

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Indeed. That was the joke.

I'm down with keeping the chicks on bikes theme going. DOING MY PART!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Olde Weird Tip posted:

:thurman:

Ohkayyyy I was trying to be nice and not point fingers.

Sagebrush posted:

I found a picture of a chick on a really nice CB60/5

This is the best troll.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nerd alert

rstar/IMG_1409.jpg[/IMG]

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Quiztime: her name?

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

KARMA! posted:

Jewel right

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
This is probably somehow sexist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.

KARMA! posted:

Is that sand or did they pave the beach?