Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

quote:

Should Brighton be investigated for Saturdays game ?
Seriously.

I havent seen it, but I've picked up on a few comments about just how bad it was.

I know Wham must have been pumped up after Friday's defeat for us, but even that doesnt explain the scoreline, imo.

People can argue that Brighton still had a chance of a play-off place, but how often does 6th place win the playoffs ? Everyone knows how much of a lottery it is, which is why we are so desperate to avoid it.

And quite frankly, I trust Poyet about as far as I can throw him. With my little finger.

If it was thrown, the evidence must be out there somewhere, and if it EVER got traced back to Wham, I would throw them out of the League for good, after the Tevez business.

*cue lunatic comments, because of course it NEVER happens.....*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

quote:

I was sat in a pub on Whitehall Friday afternoon and four scousers came in and sat on the next table. No colours, no talk of the game. I said to my wife, "Reds," She said "How do you know?" I said, "I know." (Actually, they looked like the kind of people who would cripple a cripple.)

Next pub outside the Sussex Leicester Square, six scousers on the next table; no colours, no talk of the game. I said to my wife, "Blues," She said "How do you know?" I said, "I know." Two minutes, later on the other side of the street ,a bloke walks by in,a Po from the Teletubbies suit. Six scousers all start singing, "Red and white shite Red and white shite hello." Po waves, we all laugh, And I say to my wife, "That's how I know."

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

youtube comments posted:

quote:

quote:

i miss the real liverpool with the real spirit!
alonso riise gerrard garcia torres babel benayoun mascherano crouch kuyt reina and and and gently caress benitez destroy liverpool!
Ulansananelan 1 year ago

Funny, because apart from Riiser and Gerrard, Benitez bought all of those players. gently caress's sake some people are thick as poo poo.
UJSupanova in reply to Ulansananelan 1 year ago 32

He never brought Carragher, Hypia, Kewell. Obvoisly youre not a Liverpool supporter!
Cassinator8 in reply to UJSupanova 10 months ago 55

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Haha, Kewell, that was a sad state of affairs.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Yes, the lack of Ryan Babel is Liverpool's problem now. That's it.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

vyelkin posted:

For fucks sake

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

The Mash posted:

Yes, the lack of Ryan Babel is Liverpool's problem now. That's it.

To be fair, I'd prefer Babel to Adam.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sonic H posted:

To be fair, I'd prefer Babel to Adam.

Nah mate, wrong position. He usually played on the left wing for us, which means you have to compare him to... Downing.

Babel: cost ~£11.5M, scored 10 goals in 49 appearances first season.
Downing: cost ~£20M, has scored 2 goals in 40 appearances so far.

Oh dear.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug

Sonic H posted:

To be fair, I'd prefer Aquilani to Adam.
I think Kenny/Comolli ended up selling him for the same price they spent on charlie.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
I think it's incredibly shameful for a team striving to be European champions to allow themselves to be completely dominated and still call it a "win"

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
best day in a long while

quote:

Me to! Rhight now I could destroy everything, but most of all Didier "Old" Drogba, who cannot stand anymore! I really think he has to end his carrer if he cannot play anymore! His show today was more than Penaldos! Unbelievebal!
How many chances did we had? 100? 1000? And we played a really brilliant game, so nobody can say Barca had problems with Chelsea! This result is pure luck- no more than luck!
And if I think back on yesterday match howmany chances Bayern had! Puh why is Fotbal sometimes so unjustice?

quote:

It was so clear that cesc was somwhere else with his head, posting stuff liek LONDONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! on his social network isn't going to help him, he needs to focus, he is soooooo SLOOOOOOW I can't even believe. The only reason he started cause he is peps pet :'' (

quote:

It.s painfull 2 see that big teams use that "park the buss " tactic and they get away with ie , i mean u can expect that from Getafe , levante , osasuna but chelsea , RM and 2 be honest united didnt atack much in the final also , they had like 3 atempts . Sad very loving sad . Now i have to go to work tomorrow and listen 2 retarded ppl talking about the fact that barcelona is poo poo ...... Ibrahimovich > Sanchez !

quote:

I can't believe how freaking poo poo the finishing from our team is ( apart from Messi ), why don't they work on it more?

quote:

Sometimes, there's just no justice in football.

Drogba is the biggest loving flopping oval office in all of football and gets a goal.

quote:

I almost got my rear end kicked today... I ws watching the match. Evry rear end hole was supporting Chelsea, like every loving decision going their way and they shout like they've won the CL. And in the final move of the game we hit the post and busi()misses such a chance! I just grab whatever I could, throw it in whichever direction I could first see, almost broke the loving TV where we were watching the match!! And I just couldn't ctrl myself, just walked out furiously... I did hear some body throwing some thing at me

catharsis

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
He did look slow as hell tbf

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

The Anti-Semite posted:

He did look slow as hell tbf

we can rebuild him

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

The Collector posted:

I think Kenny/Comolli ended up selling him for the same price they spent on charlie.

honestly, while aquilani has been great for us when he's been healthy he's continued to be incredibly fragile and has started maybe 10 games or so in the league so far this year, coming on late in maybe 10 more.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Yeah, while there's lots of things can be laid at the feet of lots of people, Aquilani's not one of them. He's just a signing that didn't work out for no reason that makes sense. It happens.

brapbrapbrap
Jan 18, 2010

by T. Mascis

quote:

If we had continued with Bruce as a manager SAFC would not exist in 5 years times. We are locked into an ideological battle to the death with the mag at the moment, only one of us can survive. We had the opportunity after MR Sbragia relegated him tyo finish off the mag once and for all and drive them out of existance once and for all. Bruce failed to do this and eventually allowed the mag to gain the upper hand.
Rest assured if the mag has the oppostunity he will not hesitate to destroy us and all that we stand for.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Who's "the mag"?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euroboy posted:

Who's "the mag"?

I'm guessing it's Newcastle. As in "the magpie".

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

brapbrapbrap posted:

Is that from RTG?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

euroboy posted:

Who's "the mag"?

The Mag Menace

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
the Minnesota Twins have recorded their own version of Leeds United's popular FA cup B-side Leeds Leeds Leeds (Marching On Together). Its pretty bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4ZoqdLtio

brapbrapbrap
Jan 18, 2010

by T. Mascis

Oh Em Gee posted:

Is that from RTG?

It is yes. Some wallys on there mind but good for a laugh every now and then.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

quote:

This is trully one of the saddest days of my life. Nothing can describe what I feel right now. It hurts to see Madrid celebrating with their dirty diving acting wasting time game, specially in Camp Nou. This is not right. Not even going to talk about the ref because he was a bitch too. And I wont congratulate Madrid because they dont deserve it at all. And also considering that Madrid couldn’t beat Barça in the SEVEN matches prior to this one, they are pretty big-headed right now.

Personally I think we played okay (propably thinking already about Chelsea), but not a “poo poo” one like many people are saying. We missed important players and played with no urgency at all, coupled with bad touches and bad finishing, but still managed to outplay Madrid on the ball. I saw the players fighting the whole 90 minutes. Sometimes luck is not on your side, kind of like what happened at Stamford. My pride is hurt, we lost to the rival. But we will get up, just like we’ve done so many times. We are stronger than any other team, than any adversity. We have the CL and Copa del Rey and we will win. We have no reason to be ashamed of the boys, they gave everything. We, as fans, have to support them now, so they’ll feel ready for CL Match. I would like to ask all my fellow culés to unite, and support the team insted of bringing them down. We are a family, remeber that.. and a Family is always there. On good times and bad times. Today I feel more culé than ever. Thank you Barça for teaching me so many things ...you made me love football, you gave my life a new meaning.

As for Pep. At first I was angry at him and blamed him for everything what went wrong tonight. And you know what? After a while of calming down I feel quite happy. We played well and we had the guts to put on a few youngsters like Tello and Thiago. We scored, we didn’t give up, we fought for 90 mins. You know what other teams would do, right? They’d just lose faith, give up and defend. But we didn’t. We try our best for the full game. I’m a proud Cule and all you other Cules should be too. This is what I call, losing with style. Learn for us Madrid, you’ll need it. Madrid went 3 years without winning La Liga. And they won’t keep it for much longer. Next season, it’s ours. Visca el Barça!

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

peanut- posted:

lmfao

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

peanut- posted:

Please don't repost from my livejournal without my permission tia

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010
I FINALLY KNOW WHAT REAL, CFC, MAN U, ARSENAL, AC MILAN, FANS HAVE BEEN FEELING LOOSING ALL THESE YEARS TO THE GREATEST TEAM EVER. ITS NOT A GOOD FEELING IM MAD AS HELL BUT BY FAR THE BEST CLASSICO IN A WHILE. SORRY FOR ALL THE BAD COMMENTS EVERYONE IM MAD AND NOW I WILL GO SLEEP IT OFF. ONE LOVE BARCA SOCCER/////

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

My favourite bit was "they'd lose faith, give up and defend" as if defending is akin to admitting defeat (see also oliwan in the La Liga thread..)

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

The Mash posted:

My favourite bit was "they'd lose faith, give up and defend" as if defending is akin to admitting defeat (see also oliwan in the La Liga thread..)

The La Liga thread brings out the worst in everyone

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

appledan posted:

The La Liga thread brings out the worst in everyone

I thought it was keeps the worst in one place?
Like a secret version of this thread.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

quote:

Was Rooney's headed goal even legal? Surely if you use transplanted pubes to glance the ball in, it can't be? It would be like scoring with the aid of a wooly hat ;)

He's one ugly c@nt!

Chungo posted:

Andy Carroll is my favourite ever player

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
It's spelt "Chuggo"

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

RAWK at its best posted:

Hey there. Hey there big man, do you need holding? Close your eyes. Go on, close them. I don't know how tall you are relative to Rafa, but imagine yourself in his manly arms. [You may need to be crouched down/standing on a box to make this role play work]. Rafa's pressing you into his ample tum, and he's got one arm around your neck, and the other across the small of your back. Are you feeling that? He's wearing a lovely cologne, you can't place it, but it's really manly and reassuring, and it briefly reminds you how you used to feel when you got a cuddle from your Grandad when you were a little kid. As you sink into that relaxed and loved state of being, you become aware that Rafa is whispering in your ear. He's saying 'it's okay, it's okay, I've gone, I've gone, but I'm still here in your dreams". You can almost feel the bristles of his goatee tickling your earlobe. It's like the first time you kissed a girl. Remember how excited and thrilling that felt. You felt unbeatable. You felt the anticipation and you felt loved. It made you a man. But listen; the soft Spanish mannerisms of his accent envelope you in a warm fuzzy moment of joy, and for a moment you're transported back to the feeling you and when you climbed up the ropes in primary school. You forget about Roy, and FSG, and Kenny Dalglish and you breathe deeply and easily.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Imagine the scenario, you watch football, you enjoy football, you like to think you know a fair bit about football (it’s not complicated after all). Then you have a run-in with a ‘real’ football fan. After which you begin to question…what the flip happened to that man (or woman) to make him (or her) backwards and be so vociferous in his views nonetheless? Not just that, what made him think his point of view would have any effect on me, an educated man, and my views?

Here are some of the arguments I’ve had thrown my way during my football supporting career:

You Shouldn’t Be A Glory Supporter – I’m a Man United fan from Halifax. I get told regularly that I should be ashamed of that fact. Why? I made the decision when I was 7 years old. If somebody had said to me when I was 7, you realise that the decision you have just made will be held against you for the rest of your life, I’d have said ‘how childish’. When I was 7 I wanted my team to win trophies, I’m 23 now, I still want to see my team win trophies. I’ve not changed teams since then, I’ve always followed United, even during those seasons when we didn’t win the league. It was hell. People say, ‘oh look at all the supporters that have come out of the woodwork since Chelsea and Man City have been taken over.’ So what. Let people support whoever they want, they shouldn’t have to justify themselves.

You Must Support Your Local Team – Well here you have to be clear about how you define support. Do I follow FC Halifax’s results and hope they do well? Yes I do. Would I go and pay to see them play? No I wouldn’t. I believe I ‘support’ them the right amount. I’m not ashamed about supporting Man United so don’t have me believe that I should be. It’s like I said before, support whoever you like. If you want to support your local team then do so, by all means, if not then don’t.

You can’t be proud of being a club with a ‘Sugar-Daddy’ – Why not? If you were to say to me that you wouldn’t want your team to have the spending power of Man City then I could in all confidence call you a liar. ‘Yea but if you win the league you haven’t earned it, you’ve bought it!’ I don’t think they acknowledge that in the history books. If you have the most points over 38 games then, yes, you have earned it. It’s not cheating to buy the best players and any club would want that kind of financial clout.

It’s Bad To Be An Armchair Supporter – ‘Have you ever been to Old Trafford to watch United play? ‘No.’ ‘Oh, you’re an armchair supporter then, you’re not a real supporter.’ Hmmm, interesting theory. I can disprove that with simple maths. Man United have a fan base of millions. Old Trafford has a capacity of just under 80,000. Where would everybody sit should every single United fan go to a game? Or there is this other little equation I have. How much does a ticket cost? Roughly £40. How much are you willing to spend? Not £40. Do I still support United despite not being present at the games? Yes.

You Aren’t Allowed To Complain About Bad Decisions If You Support A Big Club – Every team experiences their fair share of bad luck. If you’re a smaller club playing against a bigger team then you expect a few dodgy decisions to go against you.  Those decisions piss you off and you have every right to be pissed off. So why if a decision goes against a bigger team are they NOT allowed to be pissed off? Why have they to just accept it? Stinks of hypocrisy, if you ask me.  

You Must Support English Clubs In Europe Even If They Are Your Rivals – What a load of bollocks! I wouldn’t support Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City in European competition. EVER. They wouldn’t support Man United, that’s the whole point of being rivals. Everton fans wouldn’t support Liverpool, Leeds fans wouldn’t support United, Fulham fans wouldn’t support Chelsea, Spurs fans wouldn’t support Arsenal. Next season, when Newcastle are dicking Barcelona in the Champions League, they won’t get any support from Sunderland fans.  You want to see your rivals lose every single game, whoever they are playing.

Football Gets More ‘Real’ The Lower Down The Football League You Get – Go figure. What does ‘real’ even mean? I ask because I’m pretty certain I haven’t imagined the Premier League being the most entertaining league in the world. ‘The Premier League isn’t real football; real football is your Mansfields or your Orients or whoever.’  Ask a Mansfield fan or an Orient fan or whoever if they’d like their team to play in the Premier League and the answer you’d receive would NOT be no.

You might think that this article smacks of elitism and arrogance and it’d be a fair assumption. The point I want to make is football is an unsavoury game full of unsavoury characters; players, managers, owners, fans, journalists, even holier-than-thou bloggers who think they’re better than everybody else. You need to derive all the pleasure you can from the game considering there are so many of aspects of it that are detestable. If you want to take it that seriously that you put in place these pseudo-rules to live your life by to be considered a true fan then so be it. Just don’t be telling me that I have to do the same thing. Otherwise, I’ll get the old typewriter out and write more of this poo poo!

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

I want that person to die.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

You Must Support English Clubs In Europe Even If They Are Your Rivals – What a load of bollocks! I wouldn’t support Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City in European competition. EVER. They wouldn’t support Man United, that’s the whole point of being rivals. Everton fans wouldn’t support Liverpool, Leeds fans wouldn’t support United, Fulham fans wouldn’t support Chelsea, Spurs fans wouldn’t support Arsenal. Next season, when Newcastle are dicking Barcelona in the Champions League, they won’t get any support from Sunderland fans.  You want to see your rivals lose every single game, whoever they are playing.

hes right about this

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

TelekineticBear! posted:

hes right about this

a hosed clock twice a day

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
We're going to ruin Barca imo

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
It Really Is Hell When Your Team Doesn't Win The League

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Stop pasting my twitter feed into a single wall of text please, guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

britishbornandbread posted:

:words:
I'm unaccountably angry about this.

I'm glad he cleared up that smaller clubs should expect to get shafted by the refs every week, maybe QPR will learn that this is just how football is and next time they won't bother appealing.