Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Hey, does anyone know anything at all about Wallander season 3? A friend of mine adores Kenneth Branagh and eats up absolutely everything he does, and she's been bugging me to find out about the next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Thomas Wanker always gave me a laugh when his name popped up in the Buffy credits.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

lazyjane posted:

Not a British show but the co-producers name on the credits of 'Once Upon a Time' always makes me laugh.

Brain Wankum.

Poor bloke :(

Heh, I noticed him too :)

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Rostrum Camera: Ken Morse

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Mickolution posted:

Nice one. Looking forward to it, though those types of things are often a little self-indulgent.

I'm guessing you're not an AIOTM fan?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Strawman posted:

I'm guessing you're not an AIOTM fan?

I haven't really listened to it, tbh. Listened to the first one and it didn't grab me. Keep meaning to go back, though.

When I said self-indulgent, I was thinking more of those Robin Ince/Josie Long podcasts where they'd get guests on and literally not say what they were famous for before everyone tried to show how smart they were. It was fine when it was someone like Stewart Lee, but there was one where I got around half way in before I knew it was one of The League of Gentlemen they were interviewing.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

thehustler posted:

Rostrum Camera: Ken Morse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_AHV50LHw

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Isn't Herring's Edinburgh fringe podcast still on iTunes? It will be like that again - some good episodes, some bad. But it's a comedian interviewing a comedian so there's obviously a level of self-indulgence in it.

That now that he's married obviously he won't be as funny. /excharliebrookerfan

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Louis Theroux tonight

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01gnsvx

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_AHV50LHw

loving brilliant.

Charlie Brooker showed his picture on Screenwipe didn't he?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Louis Theroux with autistic kids. :smith:

Benzene
Feb 1, 2007
So viel Spaß für wenig Geld.

Szmitten posted:

Louis Theroux with autistic kids. :smith:

Only 15 minutes in and it's a very tough watch.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Really tough for the parents as well :(.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Nicky googling Louis was pretty amusing though.

This might be really sad, but it's not as sad as the title of what's on ITV2 at the moment, Olly : Life on Murs.

Brown Moses fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 19, 2012

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
No Brian leave the kitty :stare:

I really shouldn't make light of any of this.

Benzene
Feb 1, 2007
So viel Spaß für wenig Geld.

Szmitten posted:

No Brian leave the kitty :stare:

I really shouldn't make light of any of this.

First thing I said to my flatmate was 'that cat is going to get hurt' :(

Nicky is awesome. I felt really bad for him when they were giving him a (gentle) bollocking for making threats. As much as it's important that he knows how to interact with both good and bad situations, he shouldn't have to go through that bullshit at school. Poor guy.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
They haven't spoken to him directly but the big round kid with black hair and glasses genuinely seems pretty cool.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Grandma's House S2 starts in 10 minutes or something for the Amstell lovers.

dos4gw
Nov 12, 2005

incredible bear posted:

Grandma's House S2 starts in 10 minutes or something for the Amstell lovers.

Nice! The mother's boyfriend (can't remember his name but it was Glenn from the Thick of It) was brilliant.

God his stand up was terrible though. Just an endlessly neurotic stream of consciousness with no humour involved, and what observations he did make about himself were on the level of a 16 year old. I never understand how somebody over 30 could be making a living talking about stuff like that and not just want to scream "I'M WASTING MY LIFE" and blow their own brains out.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

dos4gw posted:

Nice! The mother's boyfriend (can't remember his name but it was Glenn from the Thick of It) was brilliant.

God his stand up was terrible though. Just an endlessly neurotic stream of consciousness with no humour involved, and what observations he did make about himself were on the level of a 16 year old. I never understand how somebody over 30 could be making a living talking about stuff like that and not just want to scream "I'M WASTING MY LIFE" and blow their own brains out.

Regardless of the fact that I find some of his standup enjoyable (at times, to an extent!), if I could be well-paid and successful making shallow observations to audiences across the country I'd be laughing all the way to the bank. Kill myself? I'd never want that swindle to end!

dos4gw
Nov 12, 2005

Captain Mediocre posted:

Regardless of the fact that I find some of his standup enjoyable (at times, to an extent!), if I could be well-paid and successful making shallow observations to audiences across the country I'd be laughing all the way to the bank. Kill myself? I'd never want that swindle to end!

Yeah sorry if you liked some of his stuff, I didn't mean it to come across quite so badly. It just confused me because he left Buzzcocks to do something more meaningful and although Grandma's House is fictional, there's clearly a lot of himself in his character and his apparent desire to do something artistically worthwhile is one of the main themes in that.

Then you see his stand up and it's just mediocre, derivative nonsense. Maybe he just wants a platform to share his insecurities with the world but I didn't think that anything he said was really 'new' at all and it all seemed quite self-indulgent in a very adolescent way.

You're right about being able to make money from it and maybe that is his real motivation but I really do think that he's trying to express himself and might have to acknowledge the fact at some point that he just doesn't have as much to offer as he might have thought he did. That seems like a very odd lesson for a man in his 30s to learn.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Different strokes etc. etc. I think Amstell is a very good stand up.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Also we had this discussion on the last page. Grandma's house was pretty good I thought, that "I'm stilted in real life!" line was good (I wonder if he is that neurotic/detached in real life though.)

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
All the meta stuff about his acting ability will always make me laugh

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

The new series of facejacker is good, perhaps not as good as the previous one although I quite like the enthusiastic scouser.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Al2001 posted:

Also we had this discussion on the last page. Grandma's house was pretty good I thought, that "I'm stilted in real life!" line was good (I wonder if he is that neurotic/detached in real life though.)

I really enjoyed it as usual, but I'm not sure about bringing back Clive. It felt just a bit forced and I don't know how they can expect to drag it out for even just six episodes.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Finished watching State of Play after seeing it mentioned in here a few pages back. Really enjoyed it, any similar political/journalism/espionage thrillers out there that anyone can recommend?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

You might very well think it worthwhile to watch House of Cards, but I couldn't possibly comment.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

atomic gog posted:

Finished watching State of Play after seeing it mentioned in here a few pages back. Really enjoyed it, any similar political/journalism/espionage thrillers out there that anyone can recommend?

An oldie but a goodie is Edge of Darkness. It's a true classic.

Also maybe check out The Shadow Line from last year. I quite liked it, but there are some people I know who really didn't.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 20, 2012

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Trin Tragula posted:

You might very well think it worthwhile to watch House of Cards, but I couldn't possibly comment.

You might very well think that it goes completely off the rails towards the end of the first one and is much the worse for it

and I'd agree.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

You might very well think that it goes completely off the rails towards the end of the first one and is much the worse for it

and I'd agree.

Yeah, I enjoyed House of Cards, got to the end and wonder what the hell had went wrong.

Read the plot for the second one and realised that train wouldn't re-rail.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Trin Tragula posted:

Been meaning to watch that for ages, might give it a go over the weekend.

See David Fincher is doing a remake for Netflix?

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Cheers, will have a look at all of those.

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006
I've always been one of those "I hate talent competitions on TV" people, but I can't bring myself to hate The Voice.

Everyone is just quite nice to each other. Even if there's a rivalry, they're not hyping themselves up and talking about how they didn't enter to make friends, etc.

Plus, it made me like Will.I.Am as a person, something I thought could never happen.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

chazzared posted:

Plus, it made me like Will.I.Am as a person, something I thought could never happen.

That happened for me when it was reported that he punched Perez Hilton. Shame he didn't actually do it.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

chazzared posted:

I've always been one of those "I hate talent competitions on TV" people, but I can't bring myself to hate The Voice.

I'm watching it now for the first time. Are all the acts usually this poo poo? They sound like people who would get booted off an audition on the X Factor

Oh, and Jessie J makes me want to hurt myself.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Snooker's back! Snooker's Back! The only sport the Beeb can keep hold of, Snooker's back!
e: also, the latest trinket from the pillaging of Danish telly, The Bridge, is on right now. It looks pretty much exactly like The Killing if I'm honest.

Flatscan posted:

That happened for me when it was reported that he punched Perez Hilton. Shame he didn't actually do it.

Jeremy Clarkson once punched Piers Morgan. If only Morgan managed to punch Jeremy at the same time.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 21, 2012

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Snooker's back! Snooker's Back! The only sport the Beeb can keep hold of, Snooker's back!

The only time where I really miss being unemployed. No Steve Davis this year, shame, I like his old man safety game. It's a weird time for Snooker, Mark Selby as world number one just doesn't sound right. I guess late nineties old guard have to give in some time, and at least Judd Trump seems quite fun.

I loving hate Shaun Murphy and I hope everybody else does too.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Is Murphy the one who looks like a giant baby ? I love watching Snooker, but I can't be arsed to follow the names.

Although I will make an exception for Judd 'Viz Character' Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

I'm a snooker fan for two weeks per year as well.

And I'm normally a calm and easy going person, but looking at Judd Trump's face and hair - and having to listen to the gormless monkeys that accompany him screaming "GWAN JUDD" after every shot - makes me fantasise about ferociously pummelling him for hours with a bat until his remains are nothing but blood and ooze.