Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Bongo Bill posted:

We already know that all prototypings will take place post-entry and therefore not affect the underlings at all.

I'm referring to in general, not just in context to the Beta session.

Color Printer posted:

Unless you mean in general, in which case well poo poo yeah. I think that goes from "unwinnable" to "Sburb has performed an illegal operation and needs to close".

This, essentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Color Printer posted:

Unless you mean in general, in which case well poo poo yeah. I think that goes from "unwinnable" to "Sburb has performed an illegal operation and needs to close".

This is how they will defeat Lord English.

Imagine the flash. Skaia is just sitting there, glowing slightly... then everything gets darker, and darker, and Skaia's colours change from blue and white to grey and grey, then black and red, then Windows XP theme blue and grey. Then everything starts freaking out like when the game disk was scratched.

Zoom in to Lord English, his eyes freaking out. Then they slow down, slowly, slowly, then two 8 balls, then two cue balls. A single tear falls runs down his cheek, dripping off his gold tooth. In the reflection of the tear drop, Jake, looking confused, then Hussie laughing.

Flash ends, que up Jailbreak: Second Incarceration.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Vriska no you are better than that stop it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Aww, Tavros and Vriska made up. Sort of kin-

Vriska posted:

Some inexplica8le forces out there are loving with us. They are doing everything in their power to make sure that when we're not 8eing totally humili8ted, we are staying completely irrelevant.

Ding ding ding

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 20, 2012

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
That Huss in the background. :allears:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

gently caress poo poo up. Yessss.

Fucknag posted:

No.

N.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Fucknag posted:

She's using her powers for good! Even if they're kind of slimy.

In my various re-reads of Homestuck, I like Tavros more. He'll never beat out the high tier trolls, but I appreciate him. Plus I'm glad that Vriska is back in the picture. :getin:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Hey, hey... check the clock real quick for me. Guess what time it is.

mother fuckin vriska tiiiime

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tavros posted:

TAVROS: i LIKE BEING DEAD,
TAVROS: i LIKE IT HOW THERE ARE NO RESPONSIBILITIES, oR PROBLEMS, uSUALLY,

Oh, for the love of God, stop being such a-

Tavros posted:

TAVROS: yES, i WILL DEFINITELY,
TAVROS: cOOPERATE WITH YOU WHOLE HEARTEDLY,
TAVROS: dAMMIT,
TAVROS: oKAY, fINE,

Much better.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I was all excited when Vriska mentioned "the orange guy" because I was expecting some sort of new character. Then I realized who it was and died.

This is pretty exciting, though! I'm not sure how I feel about Vriska possibly coming back, but it's about time SOMEBODY hosed poo poo up.

...could this explain who was killing the Horrorterrors?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

quote:

VRISKA: We can't let them toy with us, then just sweep us under the carpet like that. I'm not going to let our relevance 8e marginalized anymore, Tavros.
TAVROS: wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO,
VRISKA: I think it's time to start loving some poo poo up.
TAVROS: oH, nO,,,
Oh yessssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

VRISKA posted:

VRISKA: 8etween you and me, I'm starting to think we are getting jerked around here. You know?
VRISKA: Some inexplica8le forces out there are loving with us. They are doing everything in their power to make sure that when we're not 8eing totally humili8ted, we are staying completely irrelevant.
VRISKA: We can't let them toy with us, then just sweep us under the carpet like that. I'm not going to let our relevance 8e marginalized anymore, Tavros.

The hilarious thing is that not only is this really meta, but with Vriska's already well-established paranoia this is still a perfectly natural thing for her to say.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm not sure if this counts as the author interfering with his creation or not, but it is certainly funny.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm not sure if this counts as the author interfering with his creation or not, but it is certainly funny.

Just wait for Hussie to appear inexplicably, guns blazing in the final showdown against Lord English to save Vriska.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Quick somebody get a contrabass clarinet!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Is... this the first time Tavros has sworn?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, he spent part of the afterlife trading sick fires with Dave, something had to have leaked through.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Man, and I thought Rose ransacking her planet was crazy. This is going to be utterly magnificent.

[Edit] Holy poo poo. I think we just might get to see what's been killing the Horrorterrors if this pans out.

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 20, 2012

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Haha. I love how Vriska's growth as a person is always two steps forward, one step back. :allears:

Waffnuffly posted:

Man, and I thought Rose ransacking her planet was crazy. This is going to be utterly magnificent.

[Edit] Holy poo poo. I think we just might get to see what's been killing the Horrorterrors if this pans out.

Yeah, that was my first thought too.

Well, my second thought. After "gently caress YES."

EDIT: Actually more than anything I hope that Tavros and Vriska spend the rest of the comic bumbling around the fringe of the story Rosencrantz and Guildensterning it up without any of Vriska's plans ever coming to fruition.

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 20, 2012

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Funny how Hussie is now dead. It means he can't keep Tavros and Vriska irrelevant or humiliated. Maybe Lord English could carry that torch, but he's got places to already be at.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wonder if Vriska and Tavros retain the sprite knowledge pertaining to Jane's quest and her friend's session? That sounds like it would come in handy.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Mazerunner posted:

Is... this the first time Tavros has sworn?

He swore in the rap he tried to troll Dave with way back in Act 4!

This is the best way that could have ended. I assume we're going to cut away soon, but I want to follow Vriska and Tavros's adventures for a while now.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Vriska still seems mildly repentant, Tavros very mildly more assertive! Character progress!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Gabriel Pope posted:

EDIT: Actually more than anything I hope that Tavros and Vriska spend the rest of the comic bumbling around the fringe of the story Rosencrantz and Guildensterning it up without any of Vriska's plans ever coming to fruition.
I hope they do the existential equivalent of flipping over cops cars while saying ten-pound cusses and sticking their middle fingers up. fudge the police.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cabbit posted:

Vriska still seems mildly repentant, Tavros very mildly more assertive! Character progress!

I really noticed this too. The characters have totally grown between the last times we've seen them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh boy, time for another Vriska/Tavros adventure :allears:

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Guys something is wrong with my watch

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Guys something is wrong with my watch

The bottom left Vriska is at 8:00, so clearly it's the correct one.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I like Vriska and Tavros best when they're together, they're each other's best foils and partners (even if John's influence was vastly positive on Vriska).

They seemed to get into things pretty quick. I guess I expect a little more pause, some awkward start and stop considering the last time they met they were trying to kill each other (with some success). Then again they just shared a mind and have had a lot of time to come around on the idea of being dead, so maybe it really does feel practically minor. The two of them come off as really unsurprised to both be dead, in a way, like they both knew this is how it was going to end up.

They also both sound a little different. Tavros is definitely more assertive, both about the value of their brief merger and about what to do next, and not even in a fake way. Vriska isn't quite as insulting (despite the usual "I'm gr8 and you're not" routine"), a little apologetic, and seems more interested in bringing Tavros along. The mind-meld seems to have had some effect. Just how much is hard to judge right now, but it wasn't a wasted opportunity at least as far as development goes.

I really enjoyed Vriska just obliquely referencing how the comic keeps trying to sideline them and write them off as side characters who don't matter any more. It's very meta, but the good sort of meta where a character is aware of what they'd look like to an observer. Considering how many arguments there have been about who's an important character and what that means and whose arc is going where, it's neat to see Vriska simply insist that she and Tavros are going to be relevant even if they have to gently caress some poo poo up along the way.

edit: VVVV Are you suggesting perfection needs improvement?

Dolash fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 20, 2012

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Now why can't Equius get this treatment?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Moving forward if someone ends up composing an original song for Tavrissprite I hope they at least consider titling it "8ehind tHE 8-bULL,"

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

WAR FOOT posted:

Now why can't Equius get this treatment?

Equius and Nepeta seem like they'd be the happiest with being in the dreambubbles. What more could either of them want than a Legion of Robobabes and a Loving Karkat, respectively? I don't know about Eridan and Feferi, though.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I decided to check after one day and the amount of creepy Tavrisprite fanart is loving surreal.

This comic is like a channel for a very specific kind of perversion.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Natural selection in fandom: to gain notoriety (and therefore reblogs) for your fanart, you need a comparative advantage in speed and weirdness. After several generations the results can clearly be seen: fanart has evolved to appear almost immediately and fully embrace the most disturbing implications of the source material.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

nerdbot posted:

I don't know about that. Kernelsprites are attracted to dead/doomed things. Beta Dave was not dead, but he might as well have been, so entering the Kernelsprite was essentially as much of a revival as it was to Nanna and Jaspers, and I believe Hussie said something to the effect of this long ago on his Formspring. That doesn't mean Davesprite CAN'T die, but he isn't "destined" to like anyone else who comes from a beta timeline, and I think his survival is enough proof, as it stands out compared to the swift deaths of everyone else who came from a beta timeline.

Think of it this way, if Beta Dave had simply stopped John from rocketing off to face his denizen and then promptly died, if Dave tossed his corpse into the Kernelsprite then, would he still be doomed? Probably not. So I don't think the Kernelsprite cares either way.

That's a good point, I hadn't considered those implications of self-prototyping. :)

But more importantly, guys. GUYS.

Tavros is finally likeable.

And Vriska is still the best.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
If anyone was not going to take being dead lying down, I guess it figures it'd be Vriska.

And hey you're right, Tavros isn't completely awful anymore.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

Correction: Tavros is less awful than he was before, which was not at all. :colbert:

I'm so pleased about the development of these two characters. I could never have imagined feeling this way when Vriska and Tavros were interacting in Hivebent.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I like the idea that Tavros is more assertive/confidant because he's dead. He doesn't have any worries, doesn't have any responsibilities or anything so who cares if he messes up, what's the worst that could happen, he's already dead. A year(?) long break from Vriska with only his friends probably helped too.

But now that he's tagging along with her, maybe they'll start slowly ramping things up. Instead of dumping him into the deep end of the pool, Vriska will maybe take things slow so that he gets more used to increasing levels of danger/assertiveness, so that he doesn't even realize he's become confidant. Like boiling a frog.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Totally unrelated to the update, but I made a Terezi grub plushie to be friends with the Aradia grub plushie I made a few months ago! Some more pictures here.

(Also, this may not be the best place to ask this, but does anyone know a good tutorial for how to adjust the color balance of photos? Terezi came out a lot less teal in the pictures than she is in real life, and I tried fooling around with some color settings in GIMP but I have no idea what's the right way to do it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Yessssssss! TIME TO gently caress poo poo UP!!!!!!!!

Will this pay off? Will we see Vriska and Tavros wreak some havoc? Will it happen off screen or will it be relevant to the rest of the plot?

I can't wait to find out. 8888D