Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Farty Face posted:

Does anyone actually leave the Nuvaring in during sex? It's too loving weird/uncomfortable and we have to take it out every time. I assume most people do the same?

Never had issues leaving it in, been using for like 5 years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard
May 8, 2007

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.
So I had a Mirena coil put in this morning. I previously had an Implanon but was bleeding sometimes 3 weeks out of 4. I was tried on Cerazette as well but completely lost my libido, it's still not come back. The Implanon had been in nearly 3 years anyway so thought I'd try something else, I couldn't go on the pill because I have migraine with aura so despite not having any children the Mirena was the best option.

Pain on insertion was pretty bad, although it was about the level I was expecting, and it was over quite quickly. However I then went into cervical shock - they don't warn you about this one. Heart rate went down to 40 and I apparently turned grey. The nurse said I fainted but I'm not sure I actually did, or only for a few seconds if so. At least I didn't go into cardiac arrest, reading about cervical shock on the internet now it seems this can sometimes happen. I was in so much pain, much worse than actually having it put in. This lasted about half an hour - after I was sick I felt a bit better. Now, a few hours later, I just have some period like cramping, which I can deal with. I guess half an hour of that every 5 years is worth it but I really thought they'd done something wrong, and if I had any energy in me to talk I would've been screaming for them to take it out.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

Farty Face posted:

Does anyone actually leave the Nuvaring in during sex? It's too loving weird/uncomfortable and we have to take it out every time. I assume most people do the same?

I always left it in and my partners could never feel it. It kind of hid up behind my pubic bone. In fact, it kind of made a perfect bullseye for my G-spot.

Anyways, checked my strings today and they were somewhat back to normal. Augh.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Shnooks posted:

Anyways, checked my strings today and they were somewhat back to normal. Augh.

Don't worry about it. Your cervix moves around a lot during your cycle and it's normal for your strings to go with it.

Christabel
Apr 18, 2003

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
I wish I understood what was going on in my bits. I've had my IUD for a week now, and have been spotting a little. Like two spots a day, if that. Yesterday I went for a short run, and I started cramping pretty hard and bleeding a fair amount. Now it's back to spotting with no cramps. Should I assume that exercise just shook stuff loose? And why is it spotting, anyway?

Grushenka
Jan 4, 2009

Custard posted:

Pain on insertion was pretty bad, although it was about the level I was expecting, and it was over quite quickly. However I then went into cervical shock - they don't warn you about this one. Heart rate went down to 40 and I apparently turned grey. The nurse said I fainted but I'm not sure I actually did, or only for a few seconds if so. At least I didn't go into cardiac arrest, reading about cervical shock on the internet now it seems this can sometimes happen. I was in so much pain, much worse than actually having it put in. This lasted about half an hour - after I was sick I felt a bit better. Now, a few hours later, I just have some period like cramping, which I can deal with. I guess half an hour of that every 5 years is worth it but I really thought they'd done something wrong, and if I had any energy in me to talk I would've been screaming for them to take it out.

Crap are you me? I'm coming off Cerazette (no libido issues thankfully) to get a coil next month. Thanks for sharing your story, as scary as it sounds!

So how long does it take before you can get back in the saddle or exercise?

Custard
May 8, 2007

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Grushenka posted:

Crap are you me? I'm coming off Cerazette (no libido issues thankfully) to get a coil next month. Thanks for sharing your story, as scary as it sounds!

So how long does it take before you can get back in the saddle or exercise?

Does "getting back in the saddle" mean sex?? If so, 3 days without sex, then 2 weeks using condoms, and also 2 weeks without tampons. No exercise for the rest of the day

ann disaster
Jan 27, 2007
Garbage and dogs are not part of a balanced diet.
Okay, women (and unusually knowledgeable gentlemen!) - I am on Micronor, a progestin-only pill. I had sex with my partner Tuesday night without a condom, then missed a pill by five hours on Wednesday. I took it as soon as I remembered Wednesday night and am back on schedule today (Thursday) and have not had sex without a backup method since Tuesday.

My question is, do I need to be flipping out about a lapse in protection for sex that I had BEFORE I missed my pill? I can pick up a dose of EC tomorrow if I need to and still be within the requisite 72 hours, but it always makes me horribly sick and I have to work all day tomorrow :(

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

You have to train harder to make it to nationals.
Do you have your pill instructions handy? It usually has stuff about those situations. I don't know if yours is different, but when I was on Yaz, it said that if I took a pill as soon as I remembered, that I was still safe.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

uberwekkness posted:

Do you have your pill instructions handy? It usually has stuff about those situations. I don't know if yours is different, but when I was on Yaz, it said that if I took a pill as soon as I remembered, that I was still safe.

I don't know if this matters in this particular case, but I know Yaz (as an estrogen-containing pill) is more forgiving than progestin-only formulas.

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks

ann disaster posted:

Okay, women (and unusually knowledgeable gentlemen!) - I am on Micronor, a progestin-only pill. I had sex with my partner Tuesday night without a condom, then missed a pill by five hours on Wednesday. I took it as soon as I remembered Wednesday night and am back on schedule today (Thursday) and have not had sex without a backup method since Tuesday.

My question is, do I need to be flipping out about a lapse in protection for sex that I had BEFORE I missed my pill? I can pick up a dose of EC tomorrow if I need to and still be within the requisite 72 hours, but it always makes me horribly sick and I have to work all day tomorrow :(

The reason POPs are so time-critical is because they don't always prevent ovulation, and a significant part of their contraceptive action is actually in affecting your cervical mucous and making the environment hostile to sperm. Sperm can survive in the body for several days, so missing a pill days *after* having sex can still result in a lapse in contraceptive coverage.

For POPs, the upper limit is about 4 hours. You're *probably* okay at 5 hours, but it's definitely something of a risk. You should consult your specific pill's insert to see what you're supposed to do with a missed pill. I can understand wanting to avoid using EC, but it is likely to be worth it, in this case.

ann disaster
Jan 27, 2007
Garbage and dogs are not part of a balanced diet.
The insert in the Micronor packet says 1) Take a missed pill as soon as you remember that you missed it; 2) Go back to taking pills at your regular time; 3) But be sure to use a backup method every time you have sex for the next 48 hours.

It doesn't mention anything about the window of protection BEFORE you miss a pill.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
So, it's my understanding that Diane/Dianette is not available in the US. My wife has PCOS, so we were wondering what combined oral contraceptive would work best for her to help reduce her symptoms and prevent pregnancy...her gynecologist prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe 1/10 and I'm pretty convinced she's a complete idiot (trying to find another one).

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Christabel posted:

I wish I understood what was going on in my bits. I've had my IUD for a week now, and have been spotting a little. Like two spots a day, if that. Yesterday I went for a short run, and I started cramping pretty hard and bleeding a fair amount. Now it's back to spotting with no cramps. Should I assume that exercise just shook stuff loose? And why is it spotting, anyway?

It's ok. I spotted after working out hard for the first month and it slowly tapered away. It's just that its sort of jiggling around in there and hasn't settled. Don't worry :)

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Anyone taking birth control pills containing drospirenone (Yaz or its generic variants) might want to be aware of this! The FDA just made an announcement stating that drospirenone-containing pills have a greatly increased risk of blood clots than do other progesterone-only pills. Some studies are reporting a three-fold increased risk. If clots are of concern to you, it might be time to talk to your doctor.

FDA Safety Alert

DRP Solved!
Dec 2, 2009

Bagleworm posted:

The reason POPs are so time-critical is because they don't always prevent ovulation, and a significant part of their contraceptive action is actually in affecting your cervical mucous and making the environment hostile to sperm. Sperm can survive in the body for several days, so missing a pill days *after* having sex can still result in a lapse in contraceptive coverage.

For POPs, the upper limit is about 4 hours. You're *probably* okay at 5 hours, but it's definitely something of a risk. You should consult your specific pill's insert to see what you're supposed to do with a missed pill. I can understand wanting to avoid using EC, but it is likely to be worth it, in this case.

The upper limit is actually closer to 3 hours, so if I were a woman taking it I would likely get Plan B to be on the safe side.

Powdered Toast Man posted:

So, it's my understanding that Diane/Dianette is not available in the US. My wife has PCOS, so we were wondering what combined oral contraceptive would work best for her to help reduce her symptoms and prevent pregnancy...her gynecologist prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe 1/10 and I'm pretty convinced she's a complete idiot (trying to find another one).

Any estrogen-containing oral contraceptive will probably work just as well as another.

Aceofblue posted:

Anyone taking birth control pills containing drospirenone (Yaz or its generic variants) might want to be aware of this! The FDA just made an announcement stating that drospirenone-containing pills have a greatly increased risk of blood clots than do other progesterone-only pills. Some studies are reporting a three-fold increased risk. If clots are of concern to you, it might be time to talk to your doctor.

FDA Safety Alert

To give numbers for context, the risk of blood clots with a levonorgestrel-containing oral contraceptive (like Alesse) is about 1 per 10,000 women per year compared to 2-3 per 10,000 women per year with a drospirenone-containing oral contraceptive (Yasmin/Yaz). Pregnant women have a risk of blood clots of about 6 per 10,000 women per year.

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009

Powdered Toast Man posted:

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and my gyn prescribed Loestrin FE 24. Yasmin is another brand that gets prescribed for PCOS from what I've read, though it didn't help me a huge deal in that regard. YMMV though.

Candygram
Mar 25, 2009

Flowers? Plumber? Wait. I-I'm only a dolphin, ma'am.
Update on my Implanon progress! My period was pretty heavy and crampy for 5 days, then was really light for about another 3 days. It's gone now which gives me a huge sense of relief in that my body is adjusting well. I was afraid of having a never ending period for 3 months like other girls I know have reported. My previous birth control was Seasonique, and to this day I am still having the "Oh poo poo I forgot to take my pill!" feeling every night when I'm lying in bed. I don't mind having a normal period on a schedule, but now I'm hoping for amenorrhea eventually...

Implanon is the best decision I made. It's so nice having such peace of mind and feeling completely spontaneous with my boyfriend. Another nice plus is that I have been able to orgasm much more easily lately. Weird, but I'm not complaining.

jai Mundi
Jun 17, 2005

Kiss my shiny metal heinie

Ceridwen posted:

Buy a heat pack ... That made the single biggest difference for me.

I enthusiastically second this. I bought the generic Walgreens Capsaicin heating patches. They came in a three pack.

Ceridwen posted:

The ibuprofen won't make the actual insertion any easier but might reduce how badly you cramp afterwards. For most women, the strong cramps are restricted to the actual insertion itself, with much milder cramping going on in the hours/days after the insertion. The big cramps I got when the doc sounded my uterus and when he placed the IUD are the type that would normally have been curled up in a ball, the ones that occurred once the insertion were over weren't even as bad as the ones that normally come on the first couple days of my period (I had my first Mirena inserted on day 3 or 4 of my period).

I had one big cramp on insertion, and then some mild cramping. I worried a lot about the pain, but I think it was worth it to take the ibuprofen. I took three about an hour before my appointment. I also had my paragard inserted on the heaviest day of my period.

Ceridwen posted:

As for the stuff you are supposed to insert before the insertion, it's called cytotec, and there isn't really any good evidence for using it for IUD insertion. While it softens the cervix, studies don't show any benefit to it's use for inserting IUDs...

I took this as well. This is my first IUD, so I can't say what it's like without, but I was willing to try just about anything to make it as comfortable as possible.

This thread rocks, and thanks to everyone who has posted. There's a lot of junk on the internet about IUDs. This thread was a useful tool for me to get some actual, non hysterical experiences about IUDs.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I know it isn't even my regular date to get my period, but I'm nervous. What if I don't get it? I mean, I did use the emergency pill an hour after the accident so I should be fine, but it is the first time I've had this happen and I'm extremely paranoid.

I just got regular birth control pills, so whenever I start my period I won't have to go through this again. I was prescribed Yasmin, a friend had great results with it dealing with menstrual cramps.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
The Plan B is a ginormous dose of the same hormones as BC. It's quite a bomb to throw at your system. Your body may react by doing any or all of the following things:
- skipping a period entirely
- getting your period super late
- getting your period super early
- spotting for weeks without getting a proper period
- heavier period than normal
- really light period
- really long period
- really short period
- ???

Within an hour is about as safe as you can get. Chill out and try to feel relaxed. Stress can also delay your period. If it gets more than like a week late take a test, but I wouldn't suggest worrying even then.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Thank you, I know I'm being way too paranoid about it, and can't really chill out. But I'm trying not to.

Becoming pregnant right now would be awful for me in every way, so I'm taking this way seriously, even if I should be ok. I had never had it happen before.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Sweet As Sin posted:

Thank you, I know I'm being way too paranoid about it, and can't really chill out. But I'm trying not to.

Becoming pregnant right now would be awful for me in every way, so I'm taking this way seriously, even if I should be ok. I had never had it happen before.

Oh I would totally be freaking out too. But I am trying to help so telling you to chill out is basically obligatory. :glomp: It'll be okay.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Thank you, I should have it two days from now and I'm already getting innards pain, which is a good, usual sign that shark week is coming. I had a brief panic attack some hours ago, but rationalized it away :ohdear:

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Hey ladies,

Any tips on when to take a pregnancy test when I've had a IUD (Mirena) for so long that I don't get periods anymore? I'm totally okay with taking one a week for a month just to be sure, but I'd prefer to not have to spend all of that money. I have literally zero idea of when my body should have a period.

The only reason I'm worried about this is that I've had a string of oddities all in close proximity to each other. Two weeks ago I got a yeast infection, which is odd in and of itself because I've only had one once before and nobody in my family is prone to them. I don't believe that I had any reason to get an infection in the first place, since I do the typical preventative measures. After that cleared up, I started to have breast tenderness and increased mucus production, which are two symptoms that I really haven't seen together since before I got my IUD. I know that my real risk factor for pregnancy is something insignificant because my IUD is definitely still in place.

I'm really not all that worried, since this could very well all be due to stress - I'm a grad student and it's finals time. I'm also probably overly sensitive to any changes, since I did just have that yeast infection. My fiance and I just would really like to make sure I don't have something crazy like an ectopic pregnancy.

Edit: I'm also due up for a general checkup at the woman's clinic on campus, so I was going to make a visit there anyways after finals are over.

Aceofblue fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 20, 2012

lou reed
Aug 20, 2005

How is babby made?

Aceofblue posted:

Hey ladies,

Any tips on when to take a pregnancy test when I've had a IUD (Mirena) for so long that I don't get periods anymore? I'm totally okay with taking one a week for a month just to be sure, but I'd prefer to not have to spend all of that money. I have literally zero idea of when my body should have a period.

The only reason I'm worried about this is that I've had a string of oddities all in close proximity to each other. Two weeks ago I got a yeast infection, which is odd in and of itself because I've only had one once before and nobody in my family is prone to them. I don't believe that I had any reason to get an infection in the first place, since I do the typical preventative measures. After that cleared up, I started to have breast tenderness and increased mucus production, which are two symptoms that I really haven't seen together since before I got my IUD. I know that my real risk factor for pregnancy is something insignificant because my IUD is definitely still in place.

I'm really not all that worried, since this could very well all be due to stress - I'm a grad student and it's finals time. I'm also probably overly sensitive to any changes, since I did just have that yeast infection. My fiance and I just would really like to make sure I don't have something crazy like an ectopic pregnancy.

Edit: I'm also due up for a general checkup at the woman's clinic on campus, so I was going to make a visit there anyways after finals are over.

If you were to be pregnant (with the odds being that you're not) the test would be positive even before showing any symptoms, right? You should just buy the test and take it to clear your mind. In my experience all it takes is one $15 test to get your body back on track regardless of what's going on.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

lou reed posted:

If you were to be pregnant (with the odds being that you're not) the test would be positive even before showing any symptoms, right? You should just buy the test and take it to clear your mind. In my experience all it takes is one $15 test to get your body back on track regardless of what's going on.

.. Oh. That is a great point that I didn't even think about. :downs: I know a lot more about preventing offspring than I do about what happens once they're in there, apparently. Thanks!

Aceofblue fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 20, 2012

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

If you are far enough into a pregnancy to be having symptoms a test should come up positive. Buy and 2 pack and repeat it in a week if you are still worried.

It's likely nothing though. After 6 YEARS of no periods b/c of the Mirena I got a couple of days of lots of fertile cervical mucus, followed two weeks later by heavy spotting out of nowhere. I freaked out because it was so unusual but it didn't mean anything. My IUD was still in place and doing it's thing.

Medium Blue
Jan 19, 2012
Hmm, cervical mucus-wise, I've noticed that since having a copper IUD put in, the volume of fertile cervical mucus that my body produces per cycle seems to have increased fairly dramatically. Like the first time or so that it happened I thought I was spotting or something :stare: Definitely something I didn't expect. Seems also mildly ironic. Maybe it's the same sort of mechanism that makes periods heavier??

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I got my period a day early. I'm going to celebrate this!

This also means I can start my oral BC and won't worry like this again :3:

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Hey ladies.

Today I got my Mirena inserted. I didn't have a lot of pain upon insertion, but afterwards I've been kind of a mess. I'm just glad I had my mother pick me up from the doctor's office.

Right off the bat I was super pale and my GI tract got super upset. Abdominal cramps plus uterine cramps are a fun time.

After I got home and had some diarrhea I felt a little better and my color returned. I took a few Motrin and tried to sleep without any luck. The pain is constant; like a normal period cramp but it never lets up. I tried a heating pad but our heating pad is apparently from around 1975 and has two settings: tepid and surface of the sun. Not feeling like getting into my car and finding one that wouldn't burn the house down, I said screw it.

Right before I started writing this post I was hit with a nasty dizzy and nausea spell and puked up the water I had been drinking. I feel better now after having puked, but still pretty drat lovely. Oh what a mess.

I am bleeding more than I thought I would be, but.. well, it's a long story. I tried Depo back in November after having a ovarian cyst burst. Everything was great with that till I got my period and kept having said period for over a month. Hell, I've had my period since roughly the middle of December. A combination of insurance tomfoolery and my work schedule kept me from getting my Mirena till now. A great way to cap off my vacation! Just wish I didn't feel like I was dying...

My pamphlet says nausea and vomiting happens to around 3 and 100 patients post insertion. Just lucky I guess. :gonk:

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
I am a spaz and got my days wrong - I thought it was Saturday because I'd been out and about all day, but in fact it was Friday. I realised this immediately after taking a pill I thought I'd missed on top of the one for that evening. I know what to do if you're late with a pill, but what if it's too early? I just skip today's, right? It's Microgynon so I know I'm not going to get pregnant or anything, I just wanted reassurance that skipping today, rather than dosing again, would be the sensible thing to do.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Bollock Monkey posted:

I am a spaz and got my days wrong - I thought it was Saturday because I'd been out and about all day, but in fact it was Friday. I realised this immediately after taking a pill I thought I'd missed on top of the one for that evening. I know what to do if you're late with a pill, but what if it's too early? I just skip today's, right? It's Microgynon so I know I'm not going to get pregnant or anything, I just wanted reassurance that skipping today, rather than dosing again, would be the sensible thing to do.

Taking it early isn't going to hurt you. I'd say keep taking it regularly as if you had started it on purpose. Ooh I read this wrong. I would still go ahead and take your pill on time. Your cycle will be one day off but I'd be inclined to get back on schedule rather than skip.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

I tried a heating pad but our heating pad is apparently from around 1975 and has two settings: tepid and surface of the sun. Not feeling like getting into my car and finding one that wouldn't burn the house down, I said screw it.

Wrap it in a towel. It will help. :sympathy: I'm sorry it's so rough for you.

Eggplant Wizard fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 21, 2012

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Bollock Monkey posted:

Yes, if you have taken one pill today, wait and take another tomorrow. You should not take two in one day unless you missed a pill.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Hey ladies.

Today I got my Mirena inserted. I didn't have a lot of pain upon insertion, but afterwards I've been kind of a mess. I'm just glad I had my mother pick me up from the doctor's office.

Right off the bat I was super pale and my GI tract got super upset. Abdominal cramps plus uterine cramps are a fun time.

After I got home and had some diarrhea I felt a little better and my color returned. I took a few Motrin and tried to sleep without any luck. The pain is constant; like a normal period cramp but it never lets up. I tried a heating pad but our heating pad is apparently from around 1975 and has two settings: tepid and surface of the sun. Not feeling like getting into my car and finding one that wouldn't burn the house down, I said screw it.

Right before I started writing this post I was hit with a nasty dizzy and nausea spell and puked up the water I had been drinking. I feel better now after having puked, but still pretty drat lovely. Oh what a mess.

I am bleeding more than I thought I would be, but.. well, it's a long story. I tried Depo back in November after having a ovarian cyst burst. Everything was great with that till I got my period and kept having said period for over a month. Hell, I've had my period since roughly the middle of December. A combination of insurance tomfoolery and my work schedule kept me from getting my Mirena till now. A great way to cap off my vacation! Just wish I didn't feel like I was dying...

My pamphlet says nausea and vomiting happens to around 3 and 100 patients post insertion. Just lucky I guess. :gonk:

Is there any way you can take anything to relax a bit? That might help you feel slightly better. Maybe try taking a Benadryl? I took one after my insertion and slept for about 14 hours and woke up not giving too much of a gently caress.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Reformed Tomboy posted:

Yes, if you have taken one pill today, wait and take another tomorrow. You should not take two in one day unless you missed a pill.
Maybe I explained badly - I took two last night because I thought I'd missed one. But I hadn't. Taking today's on top of them seems like a silly idea?

Christabel
Apr 18, 2003

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Good Lord, I want the spotting to stop. I spot all day, then have a mega bleed and cramp attack any time I exercise. I wish I wasn't so paranoid about ramming my Diva cup in there, I've never used pads before and I am distinctly grossed out (and going through loads of pads as any trip to the bathroom means I will be changing pads). And the bloating is insane! Also, my tits are loving massive and sore. Perhaps my body thinks my IUD is a sweet plastic baby?

Whine, whine, whine. I hope this all solves itself soon.

On the upside, my moods are totally stable and cheery.

DRP Solved!
Dec 2, 2009

Bollock Monkey posted:

Maybe I explained badly - I took two last night because I thought I'd missed one. But I hadn't. Taking today's on top of them seems like a silly idea?

Take one today and continue as if nothing had happened.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Shnooks posted:

Is there any way you can take anything to relax a bit? That might help you feel slightly better. Maybe try taking a Benadryl? I took one after my insertion and slept for about 14 hours and woke up not giving too much of a gently caress.

I popped two Benadryl after I was able to keep food down (I was unable to for a few hours after that original post for some weird reason) and slept like a baby for the rest of the night and into the afternoon. Woke up feeling much better, just kinda average period-y feeling. Glad the worst is over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

Bollock Monkey posted:

DRP Solved! posted:

Take one today and continue as if nothing had happened.

Ah, ok. I agree with DRP then.

• Locked thread