Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

If you take the pic from the street I don't think anyone can actually say poo poo. If you're on his property I think he can tell you to get off but that's about it. When people start posturing with me I just take it to extremes fast and it usually works out. I'm more apt to do it when in full gear since I look a lot more imposing. My favorite line is, 'Hit me or STFU, I can't start it but I can finish it."

Having several years of MMA experience to back it up is helpful. As sometimes they choose not to STFU...

I just say "killuminati all thru ya body like a 12 gauge shotty" then they back up because im 2pac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ima get u out of that wack-rear end crystal prison

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

Having several years of MMA experience to back it up is helpful. As sometimes they choose not to STFU...

It certainly would! Is that before or after you stopped competing as a professional roller skater? :allears:

EDIT:

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

If you take the pic from the street I don't think anyone can actually say poo poo. If you're on his property I think he can tell you to get off but that's about it. When people start posturing with me I just take it to extremes fast and it usually works out. I'm more apt to do it when in full gear since I look a lot more imposing. My favorite line is, 'Hit me or STFU, I can't start it but I can finish it."

Badass, what do you when people make fun of you on the internet?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Zool posted:

Badass, what do you when people make fun of you on the internet?

Shout at his screen and flex.

And personally when someone is acting like an idiot I try to respond like an adult and not escalate a situation, but hey. Guess thats why I'm not an mma fighter.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If you take the pic from the street I don't think anyone can actually say poo poo. If you're on his property I think he can tell you to get off but that's about it.

You can take a picture of anything you can see while standing on public (or your own) property. There are two main exceptions: first, things that have some relevance to national security, which used to basically mean military bases and some government buildings but post-PATRIOT act can include anything from oil refineries to freeway overpasses; and second, areas in which a person has "a reasonable expectation of privacy", such as in their bedroom window. As usual, enforcement depends on how pissy the cop is and how brown you are.

The parking lot he was in was likely private property, but even in that case the worst the property owner can do is ask you to leave. And if you're standing on a public sidewalk you can take as many pics as you please (until you get beaten up).

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

BotchedLobotomy posted:

It certainly would! Is that before or after you stopped competing as a professional roller skater? :allears:

Before, during and after. The place I was going to in town here closed recently, but I was working on my BJJ and Muay Thai. My dad got me into it as a kid, I've studied a lot of different styles from Tae-Kwan Do, American Karate, Jeet Kun Do and Judo. As for skating, I started that at 7 and quit around 19 with time off in between for injuries. I've done a lot of different things and I hate sitting around doing nothing. I was home schooled and had a ton of free time.

As for when people make fun of me on the internet I crawl into a ball and cry, my poor little ego just can't take it...

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Homeschooled in Jeet Kun Do, now that's something different.

Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel
:siren: post a picture of your bike in a trailer park :siren:

http://i.imgur.com/qldVTl.jpg

:siren: Your bike next to some road kill :siren:

(bonus points for bigger animals)

Edit: image size..... fixed

Detroit117 fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 19, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Jesus man, maybe don't post or just do a link until you're home then.
Edit: And roadkill is sad :(

slidebite fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 18, 2012

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
:siren: If you're posting an imgur image, you can scale it by putting "l" (lowercase L) immediately before the file extension! :siren:

Like so, for the above image:
full size - http://i.imgur.com/qldVT.jpg
large thumbnail - http://i.imgur.com/qldVTl.jpg

You can definitely do that on a phone or whatever.

⇩ ⇩ Anytime. Also you can keep it in [img] tags so it's still an inline image. ⇩ ⇩

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 18, 2012

Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel

Boat posted:

You can definitely do that on a phone or whatever.

Thanks for the tip.

slidebite posted:

Roadkill is sad :(

It's the circle of life my friend.

Detroit117 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 18, 2012

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Detroit117 posted:

:siren: Your bike next to some road kill :siren:

(bonus points for bigger animals)

God, it's like animals have stopped running out in front of cars. Either that, or road kill is lumped in with generic debris when I ride, and I ignore it other than to not run over it.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams

Safety Dance posted:

God, it's like animals have stopped running out in front of cars. Either that, or road kill is lumped in with generic debris when I ride, and I ignore it other than to not run over it.

I was considering killing something and staging the scene after riding around all day to no avail.

I did stop by the side of the road and see some Reindeer.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
I saw what was left of .... well, something, on the way home, but there wasn't any place safe to stop to snag the picture.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its been raining for like 10 days straight here, otherwise I would snap one next to a deer that I drive past every day.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Cycle Asylum > Riding Game: Excuses Megathread

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
I found some roadkill and started to slow down and get a pic, but then I realized it was a skunk....

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Oh wow. I hit a mouse going to work yesterday, but didn't get a pic because I thought this was gonna be a no-contest 4-hour response. I may meander the backroads for a bit. I'll stop for a skunk.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I encountered a six-inch-deep pile of guts and gore all over the highway that I'm assuming was once a full-grown doe hit broadside by a tractor-trailer...but my bike is still in pieces.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Sagebrush posted:

I encountered a six-inch-deep pile of guts and gore all over the highway that I'm assuming was once a full-grown doe hit broadside by a tractor-trailer...but my bike is still in pieces.

What are you doing posting in this thread?

Sagebrush posted:

I call bullshit. That doesn't look like any hospital I've ever seen. Is it an animal hospital or something? :colbert:

[e]

To be honest, yeah. I will refrain from posting in this thread until my bike is put back together and I can contribute a photo.

I didn't do this challenge because screw you challenge poster, you take a picture next to roadkill. Blegh.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hurry up before I roll my bike out to a crushed snail on the sidewalk and call it good

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Posting from phone on bike in suicide lane.

e: back home. That wasn't too bad.

:siren:Your bike at a waterpark/pool:siren:

It's over 90 here today, and all the pools are packed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

babyeatingpsychopath fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 20, 2012

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.
You can never have too much roadkill, right?

Detroit117
Mar 28, 2012

Wings Of Steel
Right you are.....

Passed this guy on the way back from work.

Do not get what all the fuss was about. I see roadkill just about every day, and dead animals are not that gross.

:v: Cowboy up guys

Detroit117 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 21, 2012

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

:siren: Your bike under a puffy cloud. :siren:

No high clouds or overcast skies. Now go chase some clouds.

Lord_ExDeath
Nov 21, 2005

That's how it's done...
Does it still count if the bike made the cloud? :v:

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

MotoMind posted:

:siren: Your bike under a puffy cloud. :siren:

No high clouds or overcast skies. Now go chase some clouds.

I went for a ride, but didn't bring my SLR. I did manage to get a snapshot with my GoPro.

:siren:Use your seat as your Lunch Table:siren: Fit all items upon it. For example; hot dog, chips and drink.

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 23, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Chriskory posted:

Why, I think that's the prettiest shot in the thread so far. Where is that?

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Why, I think that's the prettiest shot in the thread so far. Where is that?

overlooking a ski slope in Chatanika, AK. Chilly.

_Dav
Dec 24, 2008

Chriskory posted:

I went for a ride, but didn't bring my SLR. I did manage to get a snapshot with my GoPro.

:siren:Use your seat as your Lunch Table:siren: Fit all items upon it. For example; hot dog, chips and drink.

Black triple buddies :cool::hf::cool:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Chriskory posted:

OK, this might not be the location you were looking for, but I was legitimately working in the garage for a bit during lunch so I thought I'd take a photo. If it isn't appropriate or what you were thinking, I'll certainly acquiesce with no problems.

Glass of water, PB sandwich and some dried apricots for the side. Still munching on the apricots as I type this.

However, if it is OK:

:siren: TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF A HIGHWAY POINT OF INTEREST SIGN :siren:

Bonus if the sign is both readable and mildly interesting.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

slidebite posted:

:siren: TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF A HIGHWAY POINT OF INTEREST SIGN :siren:

Dammit, I don't think that there's any Secret Nuclear Bunker signs in Kent :(

We don't have Highway Point of Interest signs in the UK - the closest thing are the National Heritage tourist information signs I think.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

slidebite posted:

OK, this might not be the location you were looking for, but I was legitimately working in the garage for a bit during lunch so I thought I'd take a photo. If it isn't appropriate or what you were thinking, I'll certainly acquiesce with no problems.

Glass of water, PB sandwich and some dried apricots for the side. Still munching on the apricots as I type this.

However, if it is OK:

I'm impressed with balancing the water, that was the hardest part for me.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

edit- nevermind

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Angrymog posted:

Dammit, I don't think that there's any Secret Nuclear Bunker signs in Kent :(

We don't have Highway Point of Interest signs in the UK - the closest thing are the National Heritage tourist information signs I think.

If that's what I think it is, a little sign that talks about something that happened in the area in the past, that's perfect.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

slidebite posted:

If that's what I think it is, a little sign that talks about something that happened in the area in the past, that's perfect.

If you can find any little signs talking about something that's going to happen in the future, that could be interesting too.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Safety Dance posted:

If you can find any little signs talking about something that's going to happen in the future, that could be interesting too.

There are signs around here that say "gusty winds may exist." So that's something that may or may not be happening from the past towards the future, if, in fact, at all. Most existential signs ever.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

There are signs around here that say "gusty winds may exist." So that's something that may or may not be happening from the past towards the future, if, in fact, at all. Most existential signs ever.

Sign Not In Use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Linedance posted:

Sign Not In Use
We've got one of those locally atm, but it's on a motorway juction, so a bit dangerous to stop at.

re: Odd signs - I was walking along the sea front one evening with friends when we saw a sign that said, "Unexpected Wave Motion"

• Locked thread