Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Wrist Watch posted:

I would not be surprised if we saw eventually that Tavros failing to reach God Tier

Was Tavros' ancestor getting wings just a mark of pupation or something equivalent to God Tier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

We have only biased sources to go by, but it seems like god-tier adorns you with the signs of your superiority, and wings on trolls are uncommon but possible.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
John's sign was getting stabbed through the chest again!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So Gabe Newell did an podcast interview with Seven Day Cooldown.

This has nothing to do with Homestuck, except the intro music is awfully familiar...

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

SatansBestBuddy posted:

This has nothing to do with Homestuck, except the intro music is awfully familiar...

I can't place it. Is it a Homestuck song? Sounds a bit like one of tensei's.

e: yep, it's spider8reath

tinaun fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 21, 2012

Yeah Man
Oct 9, 2011

And if you had, you know, a huge killer robot at your command, yeah, that would just clutter things up; and a lesser person might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but you know - where's the challenge in that?

tinaun posted:

I can't place it. Is it a Homestuck song? Sounds a bit like one of tensei's.

e: yep, it's spider8reath

Gabe is a Homestuck fan and a brony.

Oh god. :stonk: The end is near.

v Good job ruining the joke.

Yeah Man fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 21, 2012

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Yeah Man posted:

Gabe is a Homestuck fan and a brony.

Oh god. :stonk: The end is near.

More likely that someone at 7DC is a Homestuck fan.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I follow the Dota scene quite a bit, so I stumbled on this interview earlier today, and that was quite a surprise.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Tears ahoy! It seems like we're about to hear a little more about what the Condesce has been getting up to, unless the conversation is disrupted by a robot. If there are no humans (other than Dirk and Roxy) then who is there? Can't just be attack drones, surely. They'd make for a pretty lovely civilization. More sorts of robots, perhaps.

(Also, hmm, sounds like possibly Jake was expecting to hear something else.)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Tears ahoy! It seems like we're about to hear a little more about what the Condesce has been getting up to, unless the conversation is disrupted by a robot. If there are no humans (other than Dirk and Roxy) then who is there? Can't just be attack drones, surely. They'd make for a pretty lovely civilization. More sorts of robots, perhaps.

Exiles, seagulls, and mutant cats. Maybe also trolls, and probably some of Jake's friends from Hellmurder Island.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Aw, I was kind of hoping to see the rest of the Tavros/Vriska conversation :(

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Jake's having a memory dream, right? Wonder when this will go off script, or who will intrude on the dream bubble.

EDIT: Also Jake described Avatar's characters as Tavros and Vriska.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 21, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Aw, what a heartwarming conversation. Dirk is going stir-crazy in his ocean pad, so he reaches out to the only person he knows in the same situation.

And of course Jake believes it all. :3

I guess that makes Jane the only one not in on the secret.

I hope we actually get some exposition on how the Condensce's take over plan worked, and not just a derail into robot-fighting shenanigans or a dream-bubble intrusion.

Nate RFB posted:

Aw, I was kind of hoping to see the rest of the Tavros/Vriska conversation :(

No way, dude! If the audience had heard Vriska's plan, it never would have worked. Now it has a chance...

A big flaming stink posted:

EDIT: Also Jake described Avatar's characters as Tavros and Vriska.

Haha, I totally missed that.

edit: Random thought: Presumably someone lives in all those houses around Roxy in the future. It's not humans, and I doubt it's Dersites/Prospitians if they're scavenging. Did the Troll Queen wait until the Sburb-Alpha came out to invade because she needed the sburb tech to alchemize a matriorb? Are all those houses full of trolls?

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 21, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Actually, new post because this is a new thought. How many things can we think of that the bad guys have done that we don't know the reasons for yet? Presumably everything that Lord English's crew has done has a reason, and if we look at the things we don't know reasons for yet, we might figure out what they're planning.

Let's see:

- Kanaya was 'groomed from a young age' to be a Rainbow Drinker. Presumably by the Doc Scratch that visited her as a child. Why? Collecting a bunch of troll-blood for some reason?
- Speaking of troll blood, we saw Doc Scratching talking to Gamzee during Cascade. It might have been only to mock the protagonists for being SUCKERS, but Gamzee tells him that 'That's all done' and asks 'Now what?', like he's getting instructions. Is Gamzee's currently time-travel / corpse-throwing shenanigans part of these instructions?
- Roxy believes that the Batterwitch wants the B2 kids to play Sburb. She creates the program, presumably makes sure Jane is in the alpha, etc. But we also see her minions act to stop the kids. Killing their dreamselves. Someone sent that mailbomb. It sometimes seems like the Troll Queen on Earth and the one on Derse are working at cross-purposes. Bears looking at further. Either that, or she just wants the sesssion to be generated, but wants to be able to kill the kids off quickly after it happens.
- Okay, seriously, are we ever going to find out why Karkat was told by Doc Scratch not to turn his back on the bodies? Was DS just loving around again? Will this actually pay off somewhere in a definite way? (probably)

I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 22, 2012

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
so.

1. If Dirk and Roxy are the only humans alive, chances are pretty high that they are unknowingly kept alive by the Condensce. This pretty strongly implies that the B2 kids are going to ultimately serve the condensce, which possibly gives further credence to the English-is-English theory?

2. Jake/Dirk as an item has been a very long time in the making.

Bobulus posted:

- Roxy believes that the Batterwitch wants the B2 kids to play Sburb. She creates the program, presumably makes sure Jane is in the alpha, etc. But we also see her minions act to stop the kids. Killing their dreamselves. Someone sent that mailbomb. It sometimes seems like the Troll Queen on Earth and the one on Derse are working at cross-purposes. Bears looking at further. Either that, or she just wants the sesssion to be generated, but wants to be able to kill the kids off quickly after it happens.
I have a feeling the batterwitch is planning on betraying LE at some point; killing the kids once they're in the medium might be her (inherently doomed) way of preventing LE's creation or whatever.

Bobulus posted:

- Speaking of troll blood, we saw Doc Scratching talking to Gamzee during Cascade. It might have been only to mock the protagonists for being SUCKERS, but Gamzee tells him that 'That's all done' and asks 'Now what?', like he's getting instructions. Is Gamzee's currently time-travel / corpse-throwing shenanigans part of these instructions?
Gamzee wents nuts directly after the matriorb got destroyed, right? then it totally makes sense that this stuff is an effort on his part to revive the race.

hussie has so many irons in the fire.

snucks fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 21, 2012

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

quote:

TT: You've spent too long alone on that island as it is. I kinda worry about you.
TT: A man can only spend so much time in the middle of the drat ocean with nothing but popcultural detritus and his own thoughts to keep him company.

Protesting a bit too much there, eh, Dirk?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Bobulus posted:

Actually, new post because this is a new thought. How many things can we think of that the bad guys have done that we don't know the reasons for yet? Presumably everything that Lord English's crew has done has a reason, and if we look at the things we don't know reasons for yet, we might figure out what they're planning.
Perhaps she's aware of the Null and Void sessions and wants to prepare one for the other? Maybe she just wants to herd the kids down the path to the outcome she desires: one that will propagate another Universe for her master and permit the rebirth of her race.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

snucks posted:

Gamzee wents nuts directly after the matriorb got destroyed, right? then it totally makes sense that this stuff is an effort on his part to revive the race.

It's possible, but unlikely. During the walk-around flash that directly precedes the matriorb being destroyed, Karkat comments about how no one has seen Gamzee for a while. So he did not witness the destruction of the matriorb first hand for sure, and he was probably already in the process of freaking out when it happened.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some people on tumblr are a hell of a lot better at analysis and theorycrafting than I will ever be :(

Exhibit A

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
This universe just keeps getting more and more depressing. :smith:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Any character who's been in contact with Doc Scratch (or instructed via terminal by Snowman) has been manipulated into doing Lord English's bidding as a result. Accounting for all of them and their subsequent actions would be prudent. Gamzee in particular is worrisome, because he has also communed with Lil Cal, and who knows what that puppet is capable of.

As for the Condesce, we don't know the exact sequence of events that led to her going from A2 to B2, just that she entered B2 from B2's session via Skaia portal. Her activities in the session would at least partly be for the sake of facilitating travel through that portal. We also know a copy of her ended up in B1 and, despite being largely ineffectual, did manage to accomplish a few important things like making Gamzee snap. She's well-informed, but she's not omniscient, so it's possible she'll make mistakes. Not to mention B2 has a powerful Void noble (recall that Equius' and his ancestor's void powers were one of the few things capable of thwarting Doc Scratch's omniscience.

The thing about collecting blood strikes me as pretty significant. The colors of billiard balls are red, yellow, blue, purple, orange, green, and maroon. He's got five of those colors now, or maybe six if you fudge fuchsia, plus one redundant shade of blue, and we know who has the missing ones.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

We also know a copy of her ended up in B1 and, despite being largely ineffectual, did manage to accomplish a few important things like making Gamzee snap.

See, this is part of what throws me with the Troll Queen. After she turned to Alternia and is enslaved by Lord English, we've seen her influence in three places:

a) B1 Earth, where she raised Nanna and gave Dave a copy of the ICP song that made Gamzee switch to Murder Mode.
b) B2 Earth, where she hid as Betty Crocker, invaded, seems to have converted Earth to an ocean paradise for herself.
c) B2 Medium, where she is ruling Derse as a queen and having her minions kill off dreamselves.

Assuming she was on the battleship when it invaded Jane's neighborhood, she either has a way to go back and forth between Derse and Earth (feasible but tricky) or she's in both places at once (Also feasible, either due to time travel or more than one instance of the Troll Queen)

I guess my questions are:
a) Are these all the same Troll Queen? Is the B1 a copy or the same person?
b) If the B1 version is a copy, how did she come to exist, and where did she go?
c) If B1, B2-E, and B2-M are all the same person, what order are they doing things in? Is each attempt a fall-back plan when their earlier plans fail (at some future point in the story) or are all three working in concert towards one plan?

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 22, 2012

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Bobulus posted:

See, this is part of what throws me with the Troll Queen. After she turned to Alternia and is enslaved by Lord English, we've seen her influence in three places:

a) B1 Earth, where she raised Nanna and gave Dave a copy of the ICP song that made Gamzee switch to Murder Mode.
b) B2 Earth, where she hid as Betty Crocker, invaded, seems to have converted Earth to an ocean paradise for herself.
c) B2 Medium, where she is ruling Derse as a queen and having her minions kill off dreamselves.

Assuming she was on the battleship when it invaded Jane's neighborhood, she either has a way to go back and forth between Derse and Earth (feasible but tricky) or she's in both places at once (Also feasible, either due to time travel or more than one instance of the Troll Queen)

I guess my questions are:
a) Are these all the same Troll Queen? Is the B1 a copy or the same person?
b) If the B1 version is a copy, how did she come to exist, and where did she go?
c) If B1, B2-E, and B2-M are all the same person, what order are they doing things in? Is each attempt a fall-back plan when their earlier plans fail (at some future point in the story) or are all three working in concert towards one plan?

One thing to keep in mind is that the Handmaiden was granted expanded time travel powers when she became LE's servant. The Condesce doesn't have the link to time travel like Aradia did, but when we glimpsed her in [S] Prince of Heart: Rise Up, her trident was glowing with LE's crazy kaleidoscopic time travel energy aura.

So everything's either less convoluted or more convoluted than we can possibly imagine.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Some people on tumblr are a hell of a lot better at analysis and theorycrafting than I will ever be :(

Exhibit A

Isnt that just because Roxy only has an appearifier? You cant sendificate with an appearifier. That would be crazy talk.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Tollymain posted:

Exhibit A

Dirk is conspiratorial in ways that would make Doc Scratch dance. That isn't real analysis right there, it's kind of whitewashing. Kant would have a few things to say about the 'selfless devotion' of using people for romance.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
One thing to note is that the Troll Empress seems to have a pretty poor grasp of the game mechanics. The reason why she messed with Nanna and Grandpa was so that they wouldn't have kids, with the assumption that Grandpa and Nanna would have John and Jade. She seems to have no idea that John and Jade were literally made from Grandpa and Nanna via ectobiology instead of being made naturally and that any attempt to stop this would be futile.

This might also explain why she's trying to kill Jane. She doesn't understand that Jane needs to start up SBurb in order to set up the session in the first place. By killing her before that moment, Jane would be unable to set up SBurb and thus get the session and everything in it started. It might also explain why the Empress killed everyone after she invaded B2; it was a brute-force attempt at wiping out any potential SBurb players. Skaia might've known this, and thus sent Roxy and Dirk to the 2,400s to avoid the Empress from wiping them out during her huge purge of every human.

The question is; why is LE letting her screw with Nanna/Jane in the first place and try to prevent stuff about SBurb from happening in the first place?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

MrBims posted:

Dirk is conspiratorial in ways that would make Doc Scratch dance. That isn't real analysis right there, it's kind of whitewashing. Kant would have a few things to say about the 'selfless devotion' of using people for romance.

Some people theorize that Dirk isn't manipulating Jake into a traditional earth romance, but, since he's familiar with troll terminology and stuff, wants a :d: to help curb his puppetmasteryness. Be the Karkat to his Gamzee. Which would be way less selfish than trying to trick Jake into loving him.

I suspect some of the people theorizing that are just uncomfortable with Dirk being gay, though, so I don't know what to think about the theory.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

closeted republican posted:

The question is; why is LE letting her screw with Nanna/Jane in the first place and try to prevent stuff about SBurb from happening in the first place?

Because while there are many timelines where she succeeds, those timelines are not the alpha. Think about it. The timeline where John died, nobody created the heroes, Jade never entered the medium and instead died, Bec never got prototyped so Jack never entered the troll session, which from the point of view of the trolls he already had done. There's like two unresolved paradoxes right there.

Anyway, what are the bets that considering the complete lack of other humans around, Dirk and Roxy has Lusii? I really doubt the Condesce would have raised them. Then again, she was the adopted mother of of Jane and Jake in the beta universe, and was again the adopted mother of John and Jade in the alpha, so who knows what's going on there. On that note, if she was so determined that Jane and Jake not have kids in the beta universe, why not just take a more active approach? Seems like if she wanted them to not have kids, the easiest solution would be to have killed them.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
The first official confirmation that Dave and Dirk are from Texas!

Bobulus posted:

I've always assumed that Scratch's instructions here involved gathering everyone up on the roof, since that's what Gamzee was doing just prior to seeing that conversation. I have no explanation for why Scratch would want that though.

Anyone want to take a bet that this is Aranea talking to Jake to start a dream bubble?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

creationist believer posted:

Anyone want to take a bet that this is Aranea talking to Jake to start a dream bubble?

It'll be an unknown A1 troll he'll talk to this time. :unsmigghh:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

closeted republican posted:

It'll be an unknown A1 troll he'll talk to this time. :unsmigghh:

I hope Hussie goes all the way and Act 6.5.1 portrays the full A1 Sgrub session. :getin:

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?

KoB posted:

Isnt that just because Roxy only has an appearifier? You cant sendificate with an appearifier. That would be crazy talk.

While I had the same thought when I read this, I think it's important to note that the sendificator and appearifier are the one piece of Crockercorp technology that Dirk and Roxy can't live without, respectively. Though this tumblr user is probably over thinking things re: wanting to hang out with their friends, this does say a bit about them.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I hope Hussie goes all the way and Act 6.5.1 portrays the full A1 Sgrub session. :getin:

Don't know about you, but I think some people joke about this. I don't. :getin:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The first official confirmation that Dave and Dirk are from Texas!

What was unofficial about the meteor impact screen?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Regy Rusty posted:

What was unofficial about the meteor impact screen?

That meteor easily could have been over Oklahoma.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

That meteor easily could have been over Oklahoma.

There were exact co-ordinates given. Same with John and Jade and Rose, you can actually plug them into google maps and check out the real places.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Have more music. I think I'm getting the hang of this chiptune thing!

I'm wondering though: Should I make it faster? It's 150bpm now, but maybe booting it up to 160 will make it better without becoming a mess.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Have more music. I think I'm getting the hang of this chiptune thing!

I'm wondering though: Should I make it faster? It's 150bpm now, but maybe booting it up to 160 will make it better without becoming a mess.

I ran it through Audacity and changed the tempo to 160 and it sounded fine. I also tried to see what it sounded like at 180 and it sounded pretty good at that tempo as well.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Popo posted:

It' probably old hat by now but gently caress me
I just want to point out how surprised and pleased I am that your avatar, which was purchased by 3 people, has somehow withstood the test of time (and updates) and can still be seen today in this thread. Warms my heart. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

MrBims posted:

If this thread-- or, really, the entirety of Homestuck-- needs anything, it's more use of the categorical imperative. I want an inventory modus based around it.