Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Dacap posted:

Yup, I've been trying to check out but it keeps crashing and making me log back in

Same. If you're going to have a major limited web sale you should... I don't know... make sure your web infrastructure can handle it? Or how about just make enough copies for everyone...? Mine hasn't gone passed the No data received error page for about 10 minutes.

Edit: New page... RSD :psyduck:

LooksLikeABabyRat fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

I was probably the 100th person in line when I showed up right when the store opened, but managed to grab most of what I was interested in:

Phish
Botch
Feistodon
St. Vincent
Minus the Bear

Probably going back later today when the hype has dies to comb through again, but I expect it to be picked pretty clean.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Same. If you're going to have a major limited web sale you should... I don't know... make sure your web infrastructure can handle it? Or how about just make enough copies for everyone...? Mine hasn't gone passed the No data received error page for about 10 minutes.

Edit: New page... RSD :psyduck:

Yeah, they're essentially getting DDOS'd right now

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

I've gotten logged in and all the way to the check out button, then it logs me out. Sigh.

Edit: I'm jamming out to my Turbonegro record on the floor of my living room smoking cigs with my laptop. It's making me feel better.

OMG it took me to kill the 8's web tools login page... I don't know what the gently caress :psyduck:

LooksLikeABabyRat fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 21, 2012

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

It keeps loving dropping it from my cart

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Dacap posted:

That happened to me too, then one time when I logged in I had 3 in my cart. YRMV

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Dacap posted:

It's doing that to us and then inexplicably remembering it minutes later. This is the worst thing. I can get as far as entering my shipping info and then it fucks up.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Parachute Underwear posted:

It's doing that to us and then inexplicably remembering it minutes later. This is the worst thing. I can get as far as entering my shipping info and then it fucks up.

same here

Aerobic Robot
Dec 11, 2007

ASK ME HOW I HAVE CRYING MELTDOWNS ABOUT BEING A GAY FURRY. PS, I'M 16 YEARS OLD
jfc since i cant find it anywhere on the rsd website, do all participating record stores open up at 8 AM or is that only a select few?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

I got to shipping options and it says there's no options for my area... (I live in SF btw)

LooksLikeABabyRat fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 21, 2012

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I got to shipping options and it says there's no options for my area...

Same here. I wish they'd process their poo poo via Amazon or something.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Yeah Kill the 8 is a terrible storefront

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

I just feel a little better that we're all on here commiserating. Makes waking up at 6:45 to buy a loving record not seem so desperate.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Aerobic Robot posted:

jfc since i cant find it anywhere on the rsd website, do all participating record stores open up at 8 AM or is that only a select few?

Depends, my local store opened at 9 am so you will want to check with the store.

Admin Understudy
Apr 17, 2002

Captain Pope-tastic
I got some 7" I had a little interest in and that Animal Collective thing. The past few years have brought some interesting stuff I was excited about but not so much this year.

However going off that hidden code on the Black Keys 12" a couple years back I still check the blank space on everything I buy. I studied the code on the back of the M83 Mirror single for a while, I was convinced there was a 1-800 number in there where I could call and they'd mail me a secret album but I don't think that's the case :(

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been locked out of the entire site now and I'm only getting 502 errors.

gently caress your piece of poo poo shop Last Gang.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Dacap posted:

I've been locked out of the entire site now and I'm only getting 502 errors.

gently caress your piece of poo poo shop Last Gang.

It's back up for me, but I'm back to the "Enter Shipping Info > No Available Shipping" loop.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Do you think that's an error, or did they lock out international shipping for it?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Do you think that's an error, or did they lock out international shipping for it?

I'm in Canada, so unless they're trying to promote Canadians also going to stores to pick it rather than ordering online, I don't think so.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I got most of what I was looking for. Starfucker LP, Childish and LCD 12", and the Michael Buble single. Surprisingly, the single copy of the Lana Del Rey 7" was gone right off the bat, but oh well. Now to go home, eat lunch and listen to my new stuff, and go back in at 2 for trivia, music, and just some browsing.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I walked down to check this out today. I think the only thing I'd vaguely hoped to leave with was the minus the bear 7". Unfortunately, that wasn't there, probably snatched by the 50+ people ahead of me in line. What a loving shitstorm that place was.

I did see the nice tomahawk box set for 40 bucks, but did not have the cash :( I wouldn't have minded giving that a few spins.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Keep on keepin' on Last Gang website...

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Parachute Underwear posted:

I'm in Canada, so unless they're trying to promote Canadians also going to stores to pick it rather than ordering online, I don't think so.

Yeah, this is odd that Canadian addresses aren't working.

Has anyone successfully purchased one yet?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

I just looked at a different board for this. To get the shipping to unfuck itself, add another item. A 0 dollar gift card or a dollar pin will work. For whatever reason, doing that will give you proper shipping options. Go!

Edit source

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I managed to snag the only copy of the Gorillaz single my local store had, which I'm pleased about. Also managed to grab The Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK picture disk and The White Stripes - Hand Springs. Just missed out on the Ramones single, last one was taken right before my eyes, oh well was good fun this year.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Vegastar posted:

I just looked at a different board for this. To get the shipping to unfuck itself, add another item. A 0 dollar gift card or a dollar pin will work. For whatever reason, doing that will give you proper shipping options. Go!

Edit source

DO THIS. WORKED IMMEDIATELY.

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

Vegastar posted:

Edit source

WORKED! YES THANK YOU!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

gently caress the page is loading extremely slow, If I don't get this after 2 hours of trying I am going to be so pissed.

Peacebone
Sep 6, 2007

Vegastar posted:

Edit source

Did this. Went through. Hopefully this works! Thanks!

On another note I went to the only record store I think we have in Baton Rouge and they didn't have much except for The Flaming Lips thing. I really wanted to get Destroyer - Rubies.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Got the two my buddy and I needed. gently caress Last Gang and Kill the 8 forever though, that was the worst fuckin process. Cheers for the tip.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

Vegastar posted:

Edit source

Oh my GOD thank you.

Now that that's done, let's hope there's a Mclusky Do Dallas left in the brick&mortars for me :ohdear:

Crawford
Jul 8, 2010
Holy Christ I love you for that, now I can actually leave to a real Record Store instead of screaming at my computer for the next 4 hours.

thebigpicture
Nov 14, 2007
I woke up late and was trying to make the decision to head out for RSD or not. I was really only interested in getting Phish - Junta, but by the time I got to the store the copies were all gone. Ended up picking up The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends release. The tie-dye colored vinyl is pretty awesome (as are the tunes).

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Nice! Managed to snag a copy of DFA1979. poo poo! I overslept and my local store opened 30 minutes ago. Gonna make a trail and see what happens.

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007
My RS had already sold out of both Gorillaz and The Flaming Lips, so now i am scouring discog and ebay for a reasonably priced copy of either

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

To interrupt the RSD talk for a second, though. I've got a record that shouldn't exist. Lifetime - s/t in 2006 was pressed black and red, red limited to 250. My order took about 3 weeks longer than most for the red, and when it came, it was pressed in a really deep rose color. Every picture I've seen is a bright, vibrant red, the represses were on orange and white. What the hemmohraging gently caress do I have and how can I find out anything about it?

Mind you, I ordered this when it came out, and I've just been sitting on it eating at the back of my head for 6 years trying to figure out what happened.

Edit: a quick comparison. Left is what every other one looks like. Right are shots of mine.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 21, 2012

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I went to Sound Cat (formerly Paul's) in Pittsburgh around 11:30, and while I didn't get any of the RSD releases, I didn't make out too shabby. $49.75 for the following:

The Menzingers - On the Impossible Past (new, CD included)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada (new)
Trash Talk - Awake 7" (new)
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up (used)
Year Future s/t EP 12" (used)

All in great shape, and the Year Future release is a pretty slick orange color. I also grabbed Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory and a green vinyl edition of The Rapture - In the Grace of Your Love double LP at Urban Outfitters last Saturday for $10 each. Been a good week for records, pics available if anyone wants them.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Second in line at my favorite shop. 35 minutes early, not bad.

Plus the DFA release.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Pookdaddy G posted:

My RS had already sold out of both Gorillaz and The Flaming Lips, so now i am scouring discog and ebay for a reasonably priced copy of either

http://flaminglips.com/shop/item/1417/the-flaming-lips-and-heady-fwends-%28rsd-release%29/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007

Isn't that for the UK only?