Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yeah, all that Dondarrion poo poo is awesome and pretty close to what I want. He won't reappear until next season though, right? poo poo, I just want to go read his parts again now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
^^^ Did that the other day. B. Don is the poo poo.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The idea of the holy sword having naked ladies on its hilt titillates me.

Your arousal is arousing.

I really hope GRRM pulls a George Lucas and has someone else finish Winds and Dream, then he goes back and removes Ned dying, adds more Dany making GBS threads, puts in extra characters and monsters, changes all the scenes around, has Ned sent to the wall where he tells Jon the truth (he's the lost son of Robert and Cersei), and makes prequel books about the adventures of young Robert Baratheon that alter the timeline and previously established events.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The idea of the holy sword having naked ladies on its hilt titillates me.
That sounds really Hindu to me. That pantheon and mythology has a poo poo ton of nakedness, loving, killing and ending the world anyway.

A sword with naked ladies on its hilt is something Shiva could wield while preparing to destroy all creation.

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Tony Danza Claus posted:

^^^ Did that the other day. B. Don is the poo poo.

Your arousal is arousing.

I really hope GRRM pulls a George Lucas and has someone else finish Winds and Dream, then he goes back and removes Ned dying, adds more Dany making GBS threads, puts in extra characters and monsters, changes all the scenes around, has Ned sent to the wall where he tells Jon the truth (he's the lost son of Robert and Cersei), and makes prequel books about the adventures of young Robert Baratheon that alter the timeline and previously established events.

Apparently in the blu-rays of season 1 during Ned's beheading the sept of Baelor is made entirely of cgi feces.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Dear GRRM, please rewrite the season 4 episode so Joffrey lives and Olenna poisons Tyrion.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Dear GRRM, please rewrite the season 4 episode so Joffrey lives and Olenna poisons Tyrion.

But then the show watchers will never ponder where whores go!

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

I always assumed Tyrion was setting that up for 'on my penis'.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Urdnot Fire posted:

But then the show watchers will never ponder where whores go!

Give all of Tyrion's ADWD chapters to Sansa, since she's pretty much written out.

She can kill Tywin and ride a pig.

And since there's no Reeds, just have Bran become the tree outside Winterfell in season 2, so we don't have to sit through 4 seasons of him talking to the nobody that isn't there because wise decisions are being made with this show.

Lastly, just cut the Red Viper altogether. We've already had a Tyrion trial by combat, so have Olenna kill Tyrion, then Sansa kills Tywin and her and Shae have pig riding adventures and season 5 is now freed up to just be about them finding out where whores go while riding pigs.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
That would be 100% better than AFFC/ADWD.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Lastly, just cut the Red Viper altogether.

But then we won't get the casual racism over his black fuckbuddy and we won't get that scene Gurm lifted from The Princess Bride word for word!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

But then we won't get the casual racism over his black fuckbuddy and we won't get that scene Gurm lifted from The Princess Bride word for word!

I'm ok with that. The point of this story isn't great characters doing cool poo poo.

It's about whores and monologues. And Sansa's hairdos. And sex scenes. And Lena Headey looking like she smells a fart.

So just cut Arya and the male characters and have Ros take the iron throne and Shae and Sansa go east to find whores.

Boob of Boobs Season 5 will be spectacular.

Oh yeah, and write out all that stuff with the wall. It's boring. More whore boobs and Sansa talking about her hair.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
If you write out the wall then no one gets to visit that town full of underground whores.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

run DNC posted:

If you write out the wall then no one gets to visit that town full of underground whores.

That's where whores go, silly.

We'll have Ros go there and everyone can snowball Dolorous Edd.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
I have this idea. I think Martin doesn't really want to write a fantasy story.

The plot he actually cares about, the King's Landing war of five kings stuff, was all resolved in the third book. There's a reason why, whenever someone becomes involved with the magic, they get separated from the main plot either by going to the Wall or Essos or loving around int he Stormlands or Oldtown and they never interact with any of the other characters again.

He's already said he was really interested in writing a pastiche of the War of the Roses without being limited by the outcome being a foregone conclusion, as it would be in a historical novel. I think he either had to, or felt he had to, tack on fantasy elements to get the thing to sell in the current market, and now that the part he actually wanted to resolve has been resolved, he has a bunch of tacked on fantasy poo poo that he was making up as he went along and he has no idea left where to go with it.

It's a shame, since he has a real gift for prose (occasional excesses like his food fixation and awkward sex scenes), and with tighter plotting an excision of the cliche fantasy elements, he could have elevated his work above genre fiction and written something really deep.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Ambiguatron posted:

It's a shame, since he has a real gift for prose (occasional excesses like his food fixation and awkward sex scenes), and with tighter plotting an excision of the cliche fantasy elements, he could have elevated his work above genre fiction and written something really deep.

You mean like his other works?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You laugh now, but the pear shaped man will be as unnecessarily praised in 2063 as Lord of the Rings was in 2003.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

So it's going to get 10 hours worth of an epic trilogy?

Somehow I can see my aged self going to see it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Urdnot Fire posted:

So it's going to get 10 hours worth of an epic trilogy?

Somehow I can see my aged self going to see it.

If I live to see 84 (fat chance, I'll probably punch my ticket before 40) I'll camp out in front of the theater to see that poo poo mega-3D hologram.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Tony Danza Claus posted:

If I live to see 84 (fat chance, I'll probably punch my ticket before 40) I'll camp out in front of the theater to see that poo poo mega-3D hologram.

You're old. How does it feel to be old, you... you... old?!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

You're old. How does it feel to be old, you... you... old?!

It's like being young, but my balls dip into the toilet water and my car insurance is insanely cheap.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
If they cut Obgyn Martell I will be sooooooooo maaaaaaaad

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tony Danza Claus posted:

You laugh now, but the pear shaped man will be as unnecessarily praised in 2063 as Lord of the Rings was in 2003.

Would that make :Wildcards: the Silmarillion?

Or I guess ASOIAF would be since he is gonna die without ever finishing it

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

crazylakerfan posted:

Would that make :Wildcards: the Silmarillion?

Or I guess ASOIAF would be since he is gonna die without ever finishing it

I don't know, the Silmarillion is about as gurmey as Tolkien gets.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Dear GRRM,
Please give me Syrio back. Is that so much to ask? One good swordfighter?
Also, no ponies. I don't want a pony.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Dear GRRM,
Please give me Syrio back. Is that so much to ask? One good swordfighter?
Also, no ponies. I don't want a pony.

You get Daario~ as your swordfighter and you will like him.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Urdnot Fire posted:

You get Daario~ as your swordfighter and you will like him.

It's like you asked for something highly specific and your grandma got the idea right but the details horribly wrong. Jack LaLane's Putting Challenge.

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere

Arnold of Soissons posted:

It's like you asked for something highly specific and your grandma got the idea right but the details horribly wrong. Jack LaLane's Putting Challenge.

Would you like to hear Dany poo poo some more?

You have selected, "No".

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hailthefish posted:

I don't know, the Silmarillion is about as gurmey as Tolkien gets.

Things happened in it though.

And parts of it were good.

Also I don't think it was ever really intended to be a published book.

Furthermore it is about as anti-Gurm as possible in that it provides concrete evidence that Tolkien knew what the gently caress he was doing with his creation and had planned ahead in a way that wasn't posting blogs about football and inappropriately touching females at nerd conventions and scrawling story ideas on empty pizza boxes with his own feces covered manhood just kidding Gurm doesn't have story ideas and his manhood has receded into his fathood.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Ambiguatron posted:

I have this idea. I think Martin doesn't really want to write a fantasy story.

The plot he actually cares about, the King's Landing war of five kings stuff, was all resolved in the third book. There's a reason why, whenever someone becomes involved with the magic, they get separated from the main plot either by going to the Wall or Essos or loving around int he Stormlands or Oldtown and they never interact with any of the other characters again.

He's already said he was really interested in writing a pastiche of the War of the Roses without being limited by the outcome being a foregone conclusion, as it would be in a historical novel. I think he either had to, or felt he had to, tack on fantasy elements to get the thing to sell in the current market, and now that the part he actually wanted to resolve has been resolved, he has a bunch of tacked on fantasy poo poo that he was making up as he went along and he has no idea left where to go with it.

You should probably read Sandkings or Tuf Voyaging. Either of those elevate themselves above genre fiction with ease.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Azure_Horizon posted:

You should probably read Sandkings or Tuf Voyaging. Either of those elevate themselves above genre fiction with ease.

I had a very small doubt that you were trolling, but it is now gone. You gave it away, AH, you really did have me until now.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Azure_Horizon posted:

Today I decided to read Gormenghast (on an ancient recommendation from a friend, knowing that it was never finished) and so far I have not been disappointed.

It has shades of GURM, or rather seems to have inspired a lot of the better parts of his, uh, work.

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere

IRQ posted:

I had a very small doubt that you were trolling, but it is now gone. You gave it away, AH, you really did have me until now.

There's no way IRQ and AH are not the same person.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
Apparently Tommen gets to be the king and hold the Iron Throne well into his 60s at least.

EatDirt
Nov 13, 2009
Hopefully a "GurmSlayer" will impale him.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

IRQ posted:

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Sandkings and Tuf Voyaging are fantastic sci fi works.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

bigmcgaffney posted:

If they cut Obgyn Martell I will be sooooooooo maaaaaaaad
They can't cut him. Who would deliver all the babies?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Nurse Gregor. He's quite well-practiced at handling children.

e: eugh, I just wanted to look at pretty paintings of cats and bubbles, but this came up in the guy's gallery instead.

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 22, 2012

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Dany the Red-Nosed Targaryen.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

IRQ posted:

Things happened in it though.

And parts of it were good.

Also I don't think it was ever really intended to be a published book.
Yeah. I had found it an incredibly boring read. The only reason I ever finished it was that I had taken it with me when I was at a hospital and my choices for passing the time were reading the Silmarillion or staring at the ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Factor_VIII posted:

Yeah. I had found it an incredibly boring read. The only reason I ever finished it was that I had taken it with me when I was at a hospital and my choices for passing the time were reading the Silmarillion or staring at the ceiling.

That's kinda the thing with it. Christopher Tolkien apologized for ever publishing it, because it isn't a book, it's a massive stack of worldbuilding notes.