Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icen
Jun 1, 2007

Who is Josh Groban?! KILL YOURSELF!
Hello Music forum! There is a team participating in a trivia contest that runs for 54 hours straight. We have a couple music clip questions that we have to identify the song for. I am coming to you to see if you will help us in this adventure. There is a stickied thread in GBS that explains how to help, if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreYouStillThere
Jan 14, 2010

Well you're just going to have to get over that.

Rollersnake posted:

I don't know why it would be this track from the Serial Experiments Lain soundtrack, but it does fit your description exactly.

Sadly no.

Matlock posted:

It wasn't Kanye West's Runaway, was it?

These are so close but not quite the song I'm looking for. If it helps, I am just about positive one of the Youtube videos I heard it in was a 10 minutes or so CGI movie of giant white robots taking over Tokyo. The only sound was this song. And, of course, I can't find this video, otherwise I'm sure I would have identified the song by now :(

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

AreYouStillThere posted:

These are so close but not quite the song I'm looking for. If it helps, I am just about positive one of the Youtube videos I heard it in was a 10 minutes or so CGI movie of giant white robots taking over Tokyo. The only sound was this song. And, of course, I can't find this video, otherwise I'm sure I would have identified the song by now :(

Giant white robots taking over Tokyo, you say? Sounds like Evangelion to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12TvP5nMVg

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Ugh, one of my elusive online buddies shared this song and I have no idea what it's called, I just remember the music video. These five explorers with elaborate black and white facepaint are on a fancy airship, and some goddess figure follows them as they explore a frozen wasteland. I cannot remember the title or the band, just that I liked it. :(

E: Never mind, I found the guy again. It's Of Monsters and Men: Little Talks.

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 23, 2012

AreYouStillThere
Jan 14, 2010

Well you're just going to have to get over that.

Allen Wren posted:

Giant white robots taking over Tokyo, you say? Sounds like Evangelion to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12TvP5nMVg

Not quite :(

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

listening to DC101 (Washington DC rock station) they were playing past live performances from the yearly Kegs and Eggs concert. One really great one included a line like "now I see who I should be" or "now I know who I should be" and had a really repetitive chorus. I can't for the life of me find the song based on just that snippet

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Pristine Shits posted:

listening to DC101 (Washington DC rock station) they were playing past live performances from the yearly Kegs and Eggs concert. One really great one included a line like "now I see who I should be" or "now I know who I should be" and had a really repetitive chorus. I can't for the life of me find the song based on just that snippet

probably wrong guess

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
There was a terrible pop song from the 90s that I had completely forgotten about until now. It was on a movie soundtrack and was a minor hit if I am right, but I can't think of anything that would help me find it in Google, so I'll turn to you.

Female singer; it may have been a cover, but I don't know. The chorus went something like:

Because I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you I do

So you can see why it's hard to find. There maybe another "I love you" or two in there.

I don't want to hear it again, maybe if only to settle my mind, but it's driving me insane and I'll obsess over this until I find it. You know how that goes.

What it's not: Stevie B or Natasha Bedingfield.

bengraven fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 25, 2012

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
Cover of Nights In White Satin?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
So I saw Coldplay in concert, and one of the openers was Metronomy. One of their songs was this all instrumental (the only one they played without lyrics), and it started with just the keyboard guy and main singer both playing keyboards. Then when their "phrase" was over, everyone played a few powerful notes in a row together as the chorus before the next "phrase" began.

It was really cool, but when the guy tried to announce the title, he mumbled it and I couldn't hear.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm looking for IDs on two song clips that play in the beginning of this music video http://youtu.be/Ur7mtOA1ST4

The first song starting at 0:05 and the second song starting 0:55.

Horatio TB irdbath
Mar 13, 2012

(^-^*) DREAMY MAN (*^-^)
I have searched and searched to no avail. the song would have been on Rage in the late 90's..
basic memory: 1 woman and 1 man "made of sand" in a small room, and their body parts, they were pulling off, I distinctly remember one of the pulling off a shoulder blade and possibly putting it in a jar... ring any bells? it was a heavier song of some description. Also the parts the pulled off grew back I think. and the jars were put in a little cupboard in the wall.... It has haunted me for over a decade.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Isn't that a Tool video? I seem to remember a video like that which was kinda white and bright, with the two people pulling pieces off each other like one of those medical cross-section dummies or something. I had a quick look around Youtube's awesome 240p collection of Tool videos but I can't spot the one I'm thinking of

e: actually now I've found a watchable version it's the first one I thought of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I6pFbwhWU
Not bright like I thought so maybe I'm confusing it with something else

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 30, 2012

Horatio TB irdbath
Mar 13, 2012

(^-^*) DREAMY MAN (*^-^)

baka kaba posted:

Isn't that a Tool video? I seem to remember a video like that which was kinda white and bright, with the two people pulling pieces off each other like one of those medical cross-section dummies or something. I had a quick look around Youtube's awesome 240p collection of Tool videos but I can't spot the one I'm thinking of

e: sorry I forgot to mention that the people were covered/made of sand, it is quite close to what you posted though

Horatio TB irdbath fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 30, 2012

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Horatio TB irdbath posted:

yes that is almost definitely what I am thinking of!!!! Fits perfectly with the image in my head.

Yeah now I think about it, I'm definitely thinking of a different video than the one I just posted - the bright one was something like two people facing each other, like taking turns to peel pieces off each other, but I can't remember what it is. If it's not a Tool video I wouldn't be surprised if it's connected somehow

Horatio TB irdbath
Mar 13, 2012

(^-^*) DREAMY MAN (*^-^)
sorry I just edited my post to say that they were covered/made of sand... doesw that sound familiar??

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

It didn't, but maybe this? He's sandy and he puts his shoulder blob in a jar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pLGIgyfjw

Hell just watch through all the Tool videos, they're all kinda made up of the same elements so chances are you'll find one that looks similar anyway :v:

Horatio TB irdbath
Mar 13, 2012

(^-^*) DREAMY MAN (*^-^)

baka kaba posted:

It didn't, but maybe this? He's sandy and he puts his shoulder blob in a jar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pLGIgyfjw

Hell just watch through all the Tool videos, they're all kinda made up of the same elements so chances are you'll find one that looks similar anyway :v:

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
This is it!! Thank you so much....... decade of haunting is over!!!

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
This is a sample of an audio track that has haunted me for years. I cannot find the name of the song. I can also try to find a longer sample if this isn't enough. It has been used in the past for a few advertisements.

Please let me know if you can find this track? Thanks for your time. :)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Can someone identify this classical piece that was used in a recent Simpsons episode?
It reminds me a bit of Saint-Saens but I don't recognize it. I suppose it could have been written just for the episode, but I hope not cause it's pretty.

For some reason I couldn't get Tindeck to play it so here's a link to the recording itself:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=799366

Thanks!

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 1, 2012

Dr. Quigley
Jun 28, 2008

9/24/2012 never forget:qq:
I think this should be pretty easy, but I'm looking for this jazz song that starts out slowly with some basic drums and random "jungle" sounds.. I haven't heard it in a while, but I've heard it a couple of times and I think it's pretty well known. I associate it with Herbie Hancock in my mind but no luck thus far tracking it down. Just a weird itch I need to scratch badly for some reason right now.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
House of Mirrors by David McCallum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch9p-PQlTQE

Ron Burgundy fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 2, 2012

Dr. Quigley
Jun 28, 2008

Ron Burgundy posted:

House of Mirrors by David McCallum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch9p-PQlTQE

I like it, but it's a different song. The more I think about it, the less I can remember. The track starts out with a beat or a weird noise and is very simple. Slowly, other sounds are added in. Honestly it might not even be a jazz song, but I feel like it turns into jazz towards the end.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
What's the song in this youtube video? It's an instrumental track featuring classical guitar intermixed with violins and a drum machine.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older

Sagebrush posted:

Can someone identify this classical piece that was used in a recent Simpsons episode?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba4WzGC692c

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Dr. Quigley posted:

I think this should be pretty easy, but I'm looking for this jazz song that starts out slowly with some basic drums and random "jungle" sounds.. I haven't heard it in a while, but I've heard it a couple of times and I think it's pretty well known. I associate it with Herbie Hancock in my mind but no luck thus far tracking it down. Just a weird itch I need to scratch badly for some reason right now.

Watermelon Man by Herbie Hancock? He's recorded a couple of different versions but I think this might be the one you're thinking of. Even if it's not, it's frickin' brilliant. Trivia: was a popular track amongst skateboarders back in the day due to its use in an important skate film.

ThatsSoNotPLUR
Nov 29, 2011

I'm not sure where else to post this but it doesn't really warrant a thread. Does anyone know if it's possible to legitimately buy bassnectar's album beatfreak bohemia? I can't find it anywhere.

Dr. Quigley
Jun 28, 2008

Tenterhooks posted:

Watermelon Man by Herbie Hancock? He's recorded a couple of different versions but I think this might be the one you're thinking of. Even if it's not, it's frickin' brilliant. Trivia: was a popular track amongst skateboarders back in the day due to its use in an important skate film.

This is exactly it. I guess I was coming across other versions of this song. Thanks a ton!

sharts
Jul 3, 2008

a̸ ̕s̡cŗeam͟i͠ng͞ ͘sk͏u̢l̨l i̡s y͝o͡ųr o͡n͟l͞y ͢comp̛ani̡o͞n͝
OK, I have another request, this time not a song but an animated gif;

I'm guessing it's the cover from some post-hardcore/emocore single/album/EP/whatever. I have no idea where it's from but I've been curious about it for years. Halp

vvv Thanks :(

sharts fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 3, 2012

SlumPrincess
Jan 1, 2006

Soon....soon I'm gonna make you a star

Zenith Nadir posted:

OK, I have another request, this time not a song but an animated gif;

I'm guessing it's the cover from some post-hardcore/emocore single/album/EP/whatever. I have no idea where it's from but I've been curious about it for years. Halp

Against Me! - Sink, Florida, Sink

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wonderful, thank you :)

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
I googled around a bit but had no luck trying to find this song.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/231310/gethappy.mp3

Its in Japanese (I think) so I really have no clue what I should be searching for besides "get happy"

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Tokit posted:

I googled around a bit but had no luck trying to find this song.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/231310/gethappy.mp3

Its in Japanese (I think) so I really have no clue what I should be searching for besides "get happy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z8E1npmtfM

(In my defense, I got this from googling)

tank9900
Mar 27, 2004

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkbpfPmqqbw&ob=av2n

tank9900 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 4, 2012

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

pangstrom posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z8E1npmtfM

(In my defense, I got this from googling)

My google-fu sucks, thanks. :toot:

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Gonna be way out there with this one but Betty Hutton's "It's Oh So Quiet" sounds exactly like another song to me but I can't remember what. It's mainly when she sings the actual "It's oh so quiet" lyrics at like 0:11. The only difference is the song I'm remembering never gets upbeat or loud.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

aw yiss posted:

Gonna be way out there with this one but Betty Hutton's "It's Oh So Quiet" sounds exactly like another song to me but I can't remember what. It's mainly when she sings the actual "It's oh so quiet" lyrics at like 0:11. The only difference is the song I'm remembering never gets upbeat or loud.

Well, aside from the obvious answer of Bjrk's version of that song... the only song that came to mind, which is probably not it, was At Last by Etta James.

deftcleft
Oct 24, 2008
I feel like I've heard a rap song that samples the bass line from Roll Right - Rage Against the Machine at 1:30.

Any ideas?

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I know this isn't much info but I think this is a new song maybe 2011 or 2012? I'm not sure though.

It's got a funky beat that goes something like "dun-dun-dun-dun-dadadada" with a bass guitar. The lyrics go "saw you last night, saw you last night, saw you last night etc...when i saw youuu last night, lalalalala"

Also, what is the sample in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_jjOhioqRc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiken
Feb 7, 2005

hah ha ha
Anyone know what the piano piece over the final sketch/end credits of this programme is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUxfaVONNso&feature=youtu.be&t=8m35s

FanofPortals posted:

This is a sample of an audio track that has haunted me for years. I cannot find the name of the song. I can also try to find a longer sample if this isn't enough. It has been used in the past for a few advertisements.

Please let me know if you can find this track? Thanks for your time. :)

This reminded me immediately of Capercaillie, particularly the voice. That track isn't right, but the intro sounds similar, it's possible that it's something by them. Maybe not though. another similar-sounding one, still not it I could be way off cause that clip sounds quit synth-y but they do use synths a fair bit.

seiken fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 9, 2012