Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
edit:

Acidophilus posted:

Roxy is already a great Rogue, stealing stuff from the past to feed to the hungry carapaces.

She's a temporal Robin Hood.

Roxy handing out pumpkins makes me grin like an idiot. It's just really drat cute.

quote:

gently caress this witch i have lots of guns and reckless bravado and i want to stop her.

Jake understands being a hopeless revolutionary too well.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

quote:

TT: She attempted to enforce "blood casting" through efforts to genetically alter people's blood color. That was an ugly chapter. Lotta fuckin' people died from that debacle.

Could this be a potential origin for UU/uu? Maybe they're some kind of futuristic human/troll genetic abomination (or human/Carapace mix) left behind after Dirk and Roxy enter the game.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Acidophilus posted:

Roxy is already a great Rogue, stealing stuff from the past to feed to the hungry carapaces.

Don't forget, that's how she met Jane and Jake: She's been taking Pumpkins from first one and then the other.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Oh my god I'm loving this.

Also, is that Scratch Rose's silhouette?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Looking forward to Rose and Dave vs. Sea Hitler. I am sincerely hoping for a flash of it.

Though, I get the bad feeling that as Dirk says they're still alive, they've ended up in a similar fate to the The Wiioniic.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Oh my god I'm loving this.

Also, is that Scratch Rose's silhouette?

Looks like it. It's a visual callback to Mom standing on an overlook with baby Rose way back in Act 4.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Wow, that's much more specific information than I was expecting. It seems a lot of this is just the Condesce being homesick. :smith:

And, as previously suggested by Doc Scratch, a Gl'bgolyb-like creature seems to be calling the shots to some degree, or keeping her in line in any case. Still unclear how much of what's been going on is her own agenda and how much is Lord English's.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Love the touch of the Horrorterror choking the frog temple, too.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

WAR FOOT posted:

Though, I get the bad feeling that as Dirk says they're still alive, they've ended up in a similar fate to the The Wiioniic.

I'm pretty sure Dirk meant they were still alive in Jake and Jane's time, not his and Roxy's. Which doesn't necessarily mean they aren't being kept alive by the Condesce's powers, but so far I'm not sure there's evidence to say that they are either.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Oxxidation posted:

He's actually fifteen.

Up to you to decide whether or not that's worse.

You phrase this as though these two things are mutually exclusive.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Man, no wonder all these kids are messed up. :( I mean, at least Roxy has hungry carapacians to hang out with/run away from. But Dirk doesn't have anyone.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Could this be a potential origin for UU/uu? Maybe they're some kind of futuristic human/troll genetic abomination (or human/Carapace mix) left behind after Dirk and Roxy enter the game.

I was actually thinking the same thing and it is an interesting possibility. It would make UU/uu's name significant. They are the bridge between human and trollkind.

It sounds to me that, in her own twisted way, Her Imperious Condescension thought she was helping humanity by making it more troll like. Every step she took toward molding man into her image failed miserably or was blocked by some outside force, though. When that happened she freaked out and took her aggression on the local population.

The years between Her Imperious Condescension's takeover and the extinction of humanity must have been horrific.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Okay, let me get this straight, the Condense is either Feferi or Meenah?

I'm loving this extrapolation on the story. It's something that Homestuck has been lacking throughout (not that it's been a bad thing), but it's great to finally get some straight-forward explanation for everything that's been so forward in everyone's heads for such a long time.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Radio Paranoia posted:

Okay, let me get this straight, the Condense is either Feferi or Meenah?

The Condesce is Feferi's ancestor, and the post-Scratch (or A2) version of Meenah.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is the Condesce in the Medium before, or after her stint on Earth?

...Or does she somehow posses a dreamself?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Color Printer posted:

The Condesce is Feferi's ancestor, and the post-Scratch (or A2) version of Meenah.

Okay, got it. I think. :psyduck:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

YggiDee posted:

Is the Condesce in the Medium before, or after her stint on Earth?

...Or does she somehow posses a dreamself?

I think it's either timey-wimey poo poo or the Condesce somehow commutes between the Medium and Earth.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

WAR FOOT posted:

Looking forward to Rose and Dave vs. Sea Hitler. I am sincerely hoping for a flash of it.

GT: They were the rebels you mentioned? Are they alive right now?
GT: I mean in my time?
TT: Yes.

Also, Dirk and Roxy already said that adult Rose and Dave were dead long before their birth. Edit: Or more accurately, their arrival on meteors.,

MrBims fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 23, 2012

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

YggiDee posted:

Man, no wonder all these kids are messed up. :( I mean, at least Roxy has hungry carapacians to hang out with/run away from. But Dirk doesn't have anyone.

Whoa there!
You're forgetting the C-Man.
Don't disregard the C-Man so easily.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Words cannot express how badly I want to see proper drawings of mom-Rose Lalonde and all adult versions of B1 kids.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Zeruel posted:

Whoa there!
You're forgetting the C-Man.
Don't disregard the C-Man so easily.

Dirk also has Squarewave (and Sawtooth before he left to travel the world).

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Really interesting stuff... I really like the idea of Roxy ganking food from all over time and space to feed the carapaces. :3:

OHHHHH! What if when the B1 kids arrive WV leads a rebellion against Condesce? I mean, she is basically using the fact that she is a Queen to make them Obey her and they follow her because of the baked in chess instincts, but it's clear that those instincts can be subverted if the right leader would appear... None other than WV! :D

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
So I just realized something.

The Kidtroll Sloppy Makeout Asteroid is currently hurtling through Paradox Space, towards the Nobles' session, at the speed of light.

How exactly do they plan on stopping?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The sea monster the Condesce has - is that another horror-terror, then? Is it acting on behalf of the horror-terrors, or Lord English? Or do the horror-terrors obey Lord English? They made some (futile) attempts to prevent his creation, although with the way time works they might've just been doing that because the Alpha demanded it.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Dolash posted:

The sea monster the Condesce has - is that another horror-terror, then? Is it acting on behalf of the horror-terrors, or Lord English? Or do the horror-terrors obey Lord English? They made some (futile) attempts to prevent his creation, although with the way time works they might've just been doing that because the Alpha demanded it.

I'm pretty sure it's Feferi's lusis, so it's acting on behalf of the horrorterrors.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

pumpinglemma posted:

I'm pretty sure it's Feferi's lusis, so it's acting on behalf of the horrorterrors.

Feferi's lusus was put in a sprite so it isn't the same one.

I like how last night there was that linked tumblr post gushing over how selfless Dirk is compared to Roxy, and we get a picture of young Roxy giving out pumpkins to her neighbors.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahaha yeah okay that's definitely egg on my face.

E: Oh yeah I had a reason for coming to the thread here. Concerning Sburb RPG chat, I think modifying Old School Hack would probably have really good results. It's rules-light, and has a points mechanic that literally runs of of funny/awesome things happening.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 23, 2012

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Y'know, it just occurred to me. B2 Rose, Dave and Jade all got their revolution on and fought against the batterwitch. John was a derpy old prankster.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tollymain posted:

E: Oh yeah I had a reason for coming to the thread here. Concerning Sburb RPG chat, I think modifying Old School Hack would probably have really good results. It's rules-light, and has a points mechanic that literally runs of of funny/awesome things happening.

I think you'd be better off looking at Danger Patrol; you could use the "pick a style, that gives you abilities; pick a role, that gives you other abilities" creation mechanic for the "Job of Thing" Sburb-style classes.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

creationist believer posted:

The first official confirmation that Dave and Dirk are from Texas!

I've always assumed that Scratch's instructions here involved gathering everyone up on the roof, since that's what Gamzee was doing just prior to seeing that conversation. I have no explanation for why Scratch would want that though.

Anyone want to take a bet that this is Aranea talking to Jake to start a dream bubble?

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Gamzee either writing that poo poo on the kids walls, or influencing them to do so. And wasn't that used in a code to make the stuff to create LE? Either way, I'm pretty sure that was the orders Gamzee was given by Doc.

Zorak posted:

Some whiny dude dislikes Homestuck and blogs about it to be an attention whore, people give it attention because self-awareness eludes them apparently.

In actual talking about Homestuck news: So it turns out that the entirety of humanity beyond Roxy and Dirk really are dead, not just extinct. I suppose that means the rest of their planet is just inhabited by neo-trolls or whatever. I wonder what the Condesce has used to repopulate Earth with her kin?

No, there shouldn't be any of the new trolls left. They were all killed by the extra horrorterror the queen somehow had whenever they were born. The only things left on earth are the derse and prospit people. I think.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Sprite141 posted:

No, there shouldn't be any of the new trolls left. They were all killed by the extra horrorterror the queen somehow had whenever they were born. The only things left on earth are the derse and prospit people. I think.

And Calmasis. The human with split personalities that believe they are trolls.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Luminous Obscurity posted:

So I just realized something.

The Kidtroll Sloppy Makeout Asteroid is currently hurtling through Paradox Space, towards the Nobles' session, at the speed of light.

How exactly do they plan on stopping?

They might not be. They may be just planning on jumping off as it passes close by. No idea.

There is one possibility, though...

So, we know of one meteor that has to make it through the skaia defense portals on B2: The Frog Temple. It's different from the version John visited, because it didn't arrive with a Bec, it presumably arrived with a GCat.

But as far as we know, there's not going to be reckoning, since no meteors showed up when Jane started playing.

So what propels B2's frog temple into Skaia? Could it be...being smacked with another asteroid? A little planetoid pool?

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Well this update was just depressing as hell.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Sprite141 posted:

That was posted before the update that said this :ssh:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think the most interesting part of a Sburb tabletop game (or maybe optimize it for the inevitability that it'll be played over the internet, because remember that the main characters never met in person prior to the start of the game) wouldn't be the system itself, but the DM's guide describing how to make the content for it. Describe the typical functionality of the system, with these gigantic tables for creating and populating the planets, how to fudge the cost and stats of alchemy-produced items so that they're an appropriate challenge, examples of denizens' bargains, advice for convincingly faking time shenanigans, all that sort of Gygax-meets-Campbell thing. Homestuck proper went off the rails compared to how it's usually supposed to; inter-universal shenanigans, recovering from null sessions, alien contact, and the looming threat of Lord English belong in modules, rather than the core.

That's what I think, anyway.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I actually really like this update. Something about Roxy giving pumpkins to the Carpacians is just adorable. :3:

.....and sad :smith:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So how can two human children, born and raised completely removed from human society, without any kind of parent or guardian or teacher, be as normal as Dirk and Roxy are?

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
They have been raised entirely by pop culture.

Yeah Man
Oct 9, 2011

And if you had, you know, a huge killer robot at your command, yeah, that would just clutter things up; and a lesser person might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but you know - where's the challenge in that?
That... explains Dirk far too well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Since I haven't seen it mentioned here, new Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.