Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
Is that an original copy of that Ride LP? I know Light in the Attic has a reissue coming as part of their newest imprint, potential future releases from which I'm kind of excited about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

It is most definitely a re-release, from last year I believe. However, I love the record enough that I'm happy with any version on vinyl. I'd love to find an original Creation pressing, but I'm scared to think how much that thing goes for these days.

Handshake Drugs
Oct 21, 2010

Dr. Lariat posted:

Crazy, I was told it was cancelled at one store and didn't see it at the 2 others I checked.

Got 6 of 8 releases I wanted (I wasn't getting my hopes up on the Gorillaz release) and a some other random stuff.

hey Bullmoose buddy! :)

I was first in line at my store this morning and managed to grab everything I wanted:
Tomahawk box set (only one they had)
Phish - Junta
White Stripes 7"
St Vincent 7"
Deerhoof/Of Montreal split 7"
Wilco and Billy Bragg Mermaid Ave. CD/DVD set

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yo guys, sorry to bug you with SA Mart poo poo on RSD but I just stuck put a couple of hundred records in my collection in SA Mart. There is some really awesome poo poo in there as well as some really lame poo poo.

Please check it out I spent the whole afternoon making this list ha.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3480548

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Was pretty musical day for me. I went down to East Street in West Seattle and checked out what they had. There were only three things I wanted which were Death Grips, Flaming Lips and Animal Collective. No luck on the AnCo, but the other two were successful. I also got some other stuff.

I went to a few garage sales and bought some stereo equipment. New speakers, a receiver (later found out the right channel doesn't work) and this awesome as gently caress AM-FM Receiver/Cassette Recorder/8-Track Player for a total of $15

I already had a few cassettes that I had no way of listening to, so this is perfect. Although I have to listen with headphones, but that makes it a more intimate kind of thing I guess.

Check out this sick as gently caress tape that came with it...

Music wise I managed to get a hold of:

Death Grips - The Money Store
The Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic
Boris - Heavy Rocks (2011)
The Flaming Lips - The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends (ordered online to be sure I'd get it!)
and Planning for Burial - Remember cassette which is limited to 25; oooOoOOOoooooh....

I'm hoping to be able to pre-order the Dweller on the Threshold record from Enemies List tonight, but that might happen tomorrow. Anyway, RSD was rad; how was your RSD?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Handshake Drugs posted:

hey Bullmoose buddy! :)

ButButBut....But-I went to Bullmoose too....I even mentioned it in my swag post....:sigh:

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

WASDF posted:

Was pretty musical day for me. I went down to East Street in West Seattle and checked out what they had. There were only three things I wanted which were Death Grips, Flaming Lips and Animal Collective. No luck on the AnCo, but the other two were successful. I also got some other stuff.

I went to a few garage sales and bought some stereo equipment. New speakers, a receiver (later found out the right channel doesn't work) and this awesome as gently caress AM-FM Receiver/Cassette Recorder/8-Track Player for a total of $15

I already had a few cassettes that I had no way of listening to, so this is perfect. Although I have to listen with headphones, but that makes it a more intimate kind of thing I guess.

The Flaming Lips - The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends (ordered online to be sure I'd get it!)
and Planning for Burial - Remember cassette which is limited to 25; oooOoOOOoooooh....

I'm hoping to be able to pre-order the Dweller on the Threshold record from Enemies List tonight, but that might happen tomorrow. Anyway, RSD was rad; how was your RSD?
I have those same Sony speakers hooked up to my stereo and turntable, they're great.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
He sorry, dunno if it's similar labels or something, I'm in east Phoenix. Did my shopping at Zia Records, Hoodlums Music and The Ghost of Eastside Records.

In other news I picked up the old family Hitachi ps-38 tt from my mom's today, needs a new stylus but still in great condition, something to put in the sitting room for when we have guests. That thing has the swankiest rubber record mat on it.

Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

WASDF posted:

Hey fellow West Seattle vinyl buddy. Easy Street is like a block from my apartments but I didn't really see any releases that would have made braving the RSD funk worthwhile. Looks like you did alright. I still need to pick up Clouds Taste Metallic. Was that the last copy?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

It was the last copy, unfortunately. I'm a hawk for their new Flaming Lips imports.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Jeff Wiiver posted:

I have those same Sony speakers hooked up to my stereo and turntable, they're great.

Yeah, they're sounding great so far. Real nice deal I think for $5

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Here are my RSD pickups. Queued at 6am outside Mono in Glasgow.

St. Vincent - KROKODIL
Uzala - Uzala
Human Don't Be Angry - Human Don't Be Angry
Mika Vainio - Rasputin 3000
Zomby - Where Were U In '92?
Animal Collective - Transverse Temporal Gyrus
Various - Smugglers Way
Prurient - Time's Arrow
Field Music - Actually, Nearly
Carter* Tutti* Void* - Transverse V2/V3 Edits
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Sigur Ros - Ekki Múkk
Beach House - Lazuli
White Stripes, The - Hand Springs
Neon Indian - Hex Girlfriend
Flaming Lips, The / Mastodon - A Spoonful Weighs A Ton
Chuck Persons - A.D.D. Complete

Also ordered Heady Fwends online.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

A dude on reddit's copy of Heady Fwends came SIGNED by Wayne. Holy poo poo.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.

traveling midget posted:

A dude on reddit's copy of Heady Fwends came SIGNED by Wayne. Holy poo poo.

I've seen people on a few board get signed ones. He went to the plant earlier this week and signed 40-60 random copies.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
I decided to be conservative this RSD so I only got two things.

The Preteen Zenith LP is pretty swank. Both the disc and the art cover are hand numbered and of course all the swirl discs are slightly different.

For those of you who don't know, Preteen Zenith is the new side-project from Tim DeLaughter of Tripping Daisy and Polyphonic Spree. If you like either of those bands you'll like PTZ.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.

Xarthor posted:

I decided to be conservative this RSD so I only got two things.

The Preteen Zenith LP is pretty swank. Both the disc and the art cover are hand numbered and of course all the swirl discs are slightly different.

For those of you who don't know, Preteen Zenith is the new side-project from Tim DeLaughter of Tripping Daisy and Polyphonic Spree. If you like either of those bands you'll like PTZ.

That Preteen Zenith album is great. I just wish I got one of the cooler covers.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

A few weeks ago I posted about taking early inheritance of my parents' records. Well I've just taken most of them to my place. It is a good day. :)

I'm exhausted from getting these boxes down out of the attic and carrying them to/from my car. Also, I don't know what my parents were smoking in the 70s but there's at least four copies of Ram in here.

How many IKEA Expedit units do you think will be needed to store all of this? (Plus about 15% more, then space for future acquisitions.) Gonna have to pick some up next week.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Umbriago posted:

A few weeks ago I posted about taking early inheritance of my parents' records. Well I've just taken most of them to my place. It is a good day. :)

I'm exhausted from getting these boxes down out of the attic and carrying them to/from my car. Also, I don't know what my parents were smoking in the 70s but there's at least four copies of Ram in here.

How many IKEA Expedit units do you think will be needed to store all of this? (Plus about 15% more, then space for future acquisitions.) Gonna have to pick some up next week.

I probably have 70 records in each expidit square.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I have a sealed Refused Shape of Punk to Come from RSD if anyone wants to trade?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

The debut album of the newest ELHR artist is available for purchase and download. Dweller on the Threshold:

Click to learn more

It's pay what you want and it is fantastic. Holy poo poo I had no idea this album was gonna be like this.

WASDF fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 22, 2012

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

WASDF posted:

The debut album of the newest ELHR artist is available for purchase and download. Dweller on the Threshold:

Click to learn more

It's pay what you want and it is fantastic. Holy poo poo I had no idea this album was gonna be like this.

I like the check-out screen:

I'm not gonna get probated for it being a macro, right? :ohdear:

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Yesterday I received a 7" I ordered almost four years ago. It was supposed to be a split between Adam Franklin of Swervedriver covering a Wolf Parade Song and Handsome Furs doing a Swervedriver song. It was a pre-order, so I wasn't expecting it straight away. In early 2009 I asked for an update, and they said it should arrive in the next couple of months. Of course it didn't come, so I ended up just writing it off. So it arrived, and now it's all Adam Franklin, with the Wolf Parade song along with a cover of a song by The Clientele. Seeing as I ordered it for Handsome Furs song it's a bit disappointing, but as I thought I would never receive this I'll live with it.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I like the check-out screen:

I'm not gonna get probated for it being a macro, right? :ohdear:

That would be silly.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

WASDF posted:

That would be silly.

Macro without intent to distribute.

Peacebone
Sep 6, 2007
If anyone is wondering, The Avalanche - Since I Left You Vinyl Reissue is available.

http://amzn.to/If8OGd

Not sure if it will come to release in America, but it's currently $30.

Also, if anyone wants to sell the Destroyer - Rubies (RSD) to me that would be dope.

Race Warp
Mar 10, 2005

I swoon over Alex Smith's dreamy eyebrows

WASDF posted:

Click to learn more

Glad I was able to jump on this one. Still bummed I missed the Deathconsciousness vinyl

Edit: And if anyone doesn't want their Cursive - Burst and Bloom RSD release, I'll take it

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I wish I had bought a second Burst&Bloom just to have another. Cursive didn't even have any to sell when they played a show like two weeks ago.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Peacebone posted:

If anyone is wondering, The Avalanche - Since I Left You Vinyl Reissue is available.

Also, if anyone wants to sell the Destroyer - Rubies (RSD) to me that would be dope.

fuckkkkk i hope this comes to America

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang
e: sorry thought this was the lips thread

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

WASDF posted:

Click to learn more

This is pretty sick. At first I was all "Pretty sweet chill stuff goin on" and then Crumbling House came on and I was all "drat!"

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

Z.S. Ghost posted:

e: sorry thought this was the lips thread

Nope, it's the DFA1979 thread.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Peacebone posted:

This has been out there for about a month now. Hopefully it comes here soon, day 1 purchase for me.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
You can use the code aprilstorewide15 at Insound this week to get 15% off your order until the 27th.

WASDF posted:

Click to learn more

Jesus God, this is incredible.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Is there going to be a non limited edition version that Drokk album based on Judge Dredd? I want it on vinyl but not for whatever that huge box costs.

edit: well there you go.

http://www.amazon.com/Drokk-Geoff-Barrow-Ben-Salisbury/dp/B007LYB6WE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335205931&sr=8-2

alg fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 23, 2012

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

So Record Store day was pretty good, didn't go too crazy, just dug for 45s at Euclid Records NOLA and dropped in at Skullyz in the french quarter.

Sunday however, something you don't come across every weekend.

My friend calls me and says he and some friends are digging at Eddy's 3-Way, a former record shop. The story: in the 60s black record stores wouldn't get record shipments until the white stores did. So Eddy's scraped together what they could and essentially became a distributor. They were right by the projects so they had a captive audience and were well known to local artists so they often got given large amounts of records in person. Plus they had a radio show and a TV show. The store kept going until 1992 when the founder's son, at the time running the store, caught a stray bullet from the street right in the neck while he was in the store. Got nerve damage, moved the records into the attic, started opening it up to people on a case-by-case basis.

So that leads us to here. And this is only a corner of the place.

I climb up a ladder and through a door, see two people stumbling over records in the dark. One hands me a flashlight. I later realize I didn't unpack my car from a camping trip so I bring a lantern up. Seriously piles and piles of records, stepping on 45s wherever you go, nearly falling through the roof in other parts, mostly gospel, funk, nola r&b. There's weird clumps of certain records (I was joking to my friend "never thought I'd be digging and groan over another Eddie Bo" (not really that valuable of one)). My friend says this place had been a known digger spot for a while, that DJ shadow and friends were dropping in in the 90s. There's still some pretty great stuff, but for 8 bucks a 45 I couldn't go that crazy. Unfortunately I don't think I'll go back anytime soon since he wants at least $100 to come out and open the place up. Mind you, this guy has serious nerve damage and can't even walk up the ladder to see what's up there. Definitely a trip though.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
That looks killer, but yeah, $8 a pop is tough. It's probably been turned over a couple of times but there's still gotta be decent stuff there. I'd probably pitch something like $150 bucks to just get in the door then $3 a 45 after that? I dunno, given a bunch of time to dig I'm sure you'd come out ahead. (I mean, I don't get to see a lot of NOLA 45s around here so I'd way happy with $3/$4 copies of Check Your Bucket/mid-rangers with a slight chance of a Dap Walk, Barbarin, or something.) Basically walking away with a good stack of clean 45s would make my month, even if I didn't get over like crazy.

My fav RSD find: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW6ZaE9Mzqk

Crawford
Jul 8, 2010
So uh, this Arcade Fire RSD release is supposed to be played at 45, right? I mean... it sounds like it should.
gently caress I dunno.
It's a normal size record but sounds weird as hell if it's played at 33.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Crawford posted:

So uh, this Arcade Fire RSD release is supposed to be played at 45, right? I mean... it sounds like it should.
gently caress I dunno.
It's a normal size record but sounds weird as hell if it's played at 33.

Some 12" records are meant to be played at 45 RPM. Is it a single or EP?

Crawford
Jul 8, 2010

CPL593H posted:

Some 12" records are meant to be played at 45 RPM. Is it a single or EP?

It's 2 remixed singles that are pretty long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Crawford posted:

It's 2 remixed singles that are pretty long.

I'm guessing it's a 45 RPM record. This is usually the case with 12" singles.