Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Oh btw if anyone cares I did some quick and dirty testing with the dragorn mask and the illusion is about 35 dps flat increase with 19 and 21 delay weapons. Slightly more with faster weapons/with more haste. Seems it'll be almost completely meaningless later on, pretty ok at around my level. I think it also probably doesn't stack with some similar +weapontype damage boosts, like drunken monkey style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I came back after many years recently and my only real character was my 65 necro. I found that the hotzones really are worth it but you can also get great aa exp in all sorts of odd places. I decided I wanted this daft wand so I read up on it, went to the camp and ended up getting 20 or so aa just waiting for the fucker to drop it. The camp is insane but there are many corners of the million zones that are great at a specific level. The trick is finding those little areas and I wish I knew more of them.

Anyway, from 65 to 70, The Steppes is basically cheap exp. Nothing much is social except for the leopards and spiders and they're mostly in specific places. Also, if you run through the easy quests to get to the final Blackfeather Roost island it's great aa exp at 69ish and nobody is ever there.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012

Nurge posted:

I started in hole library first but it seemed really slow so I moved to crypt of nadox, which was somehow even slower and the stuff had a shitload of hp. Honestly, of the places I've tried so far droga and chardok b might be the fastest exp. It's still not stellar though. I guess grieg's end might be worth another shot. Note that the 5 hours also included a lesson, so yeah. I'm definitely doing something wrong I think.

I have been doing pretty well on the mist drakes in 65+ zone next to the messa (the opposite sideof from the harpy zone). Its a hot zone, easy single pulls, and best of all theres rarely anyone but me there. Then again as a solo sham at 65 I have limited pull options. I need to really start finding groups that don't have boxed shams :)

As a fairly new member of SA dot com community though I am trying to avoid J4G traps as best I can though.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Hooray, finally got 95. I hate grinding regular exp so much. Now I can attend an open raid on T1 and T2 Alaris raids tomorrow. I'm pissed there aren't any knight weapons until T3 though.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

You can get a T2 shield though, which is a great upgrade from group gear.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Sgt Froggy posted:

I have been doing pretty well on the mist drakes in 65+ zone next to the messa (the opposite sideof from the harpy zone). Its a hot zone, easy single pulls, and best of all theres rarely anyone but me there. Then again as a solo sham at 65 I have limited pull options. I need to really start finding groups that don't have boxed shams :)

As a fairly new member of SA dot com community though I am trying to avoid J4G traps as best I can though.

Sadly there are no groups without boxed shams! I think 85%+ of our guild has a pocket shaman because they're just too awesome + easy as hell to box. We don't care about J4G though, nothing expensive goes into the guild bank and EQ's not competitive, so have fun :)

Node - Aoth and a couple other raid SKs bitch constantly about the abysmal knight weapon drop rate in VoA, so better start saving that currency :( The 2her is sick though and totally worth it

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Just read through the OP and am installing now. I remember I went to the mall with mom like 10 years ago and came home with this and a big grin on my face, only to have my lovely computer and dial up fail me...so who's laughing now :dance: I can finally waste a good amount of time now!

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
For anyone who hasn't figured this out, if you regularly check the bazaar you can find the rank II spells for cheaper than what the rank I spells sell at the vendor. From what I've found the normal price for people just trying to unload them is 500pp regardless of level. I've been able to pick up some of the more important ones, and save a ton of plat doing so.

This is on Luclin.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Pilsner posted:

All in all, it wasn't really that much fun, so I strongly suspect you'll need at least lvl 85, if not 90, for it to be really fun and painless.

Gratz on the new kid!

As to the headshot, your heroic stats really effect the proc rate of headshot from what I have read. Therefore 80+ is when you will really see the proc rate increase when you can stack enough dex heroic stat. Tell me if im wrong, but thats what i have read.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Haven't been on my actual EQ account since... God. The first expansion I think? :staredog: I'm amazed I actually remembered my login (and that it let me update my e-mail stuff). Well, time to get my mind blown by how confusing everything is and how back in my day, we were mauled by random grizzlies/murderous NPC zealots and didn't enjoy it!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I disappeared for a week to interview out of town for a job and now the entire guild is 81+ :smith:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Speaking of 81+, if anyone has any HoT T1 no drop pieces rotting in the bank, I'd love to make use of it :). I need everything but boots.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
If anybody happens to be passing thru the following zones and has high forage I'm looking for a few items.

Frontier Mountains - Gold Nugget (Apparently two types I've only gotten the one I don't need. The one I do need apparently says "Can be used in trade skills"

Burning Woods - Radiant Meteorite

Warsliks Woods - Petrified Redwood

Karanas - Plains pebble

Obviously as an iksar monk my foraging abilities suck and I'm sick of being stuck in these zones trying to forage up this crap with a 50/50 foraging skill. If anybody can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

Clutch
Oct 22, 2002

Stack of Scabs posted:

Anyone play on Bristlebane?

Been on Bristlebane since release, Jozath (71 BST) returning after a long post-Anguish break.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I've hit a wall for exp gain now that I've hit 95 as a paladin. I can swarm all the ghosts in Hills of Shade, but some of them are green and that really hurts the exp. Undead in Feerott have so much more hp that it's even slower.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

What's up with all this banning talk? Did someone actually get banned or is Beo just being a jerk and trying to fill up my PM inbox because I've been playing LoL the last few days?

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Apparently an elaborate troll about you getting banned for the MG exploit, as well as Beo quitting because they were rolling back characters that were leveled by it.

Also you rage posting goatse on the official forums to get your other accounts banned in a massive sperg-out.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ckwiesr posted:

Apparently an elaborate troll about you getting banned for the MG exploit, as well as Beo quitting because they were rolling back characters that were leveled by it.

Also you rage posting goatse on the official forums to get your other accounts banned in a massive sperg-out.

HAHAH :wtc:

I wish I'd been there to see Beo dropping the troll, but I guess it wouldn't have happened if I had been. Sheesh, don't log on for 36 hours and look what happens

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Node posted:

I've hit a wall for exp gain now that I've hit 95 as a paladin. I can swarm all the ghosts in Hills of Shade, but some of them are green and that really hurts the exp. Undead in Feerott have so much more hp that it's even slower.

I've stayed at 90 for awhile for just this reason as a monk. I can rip-disc down giant swarms for some pretty legit AA at 90, but I'm worried what 95 aaing will be like and I want to get all my important stuff out of the way first. How bad did it slow down at 95?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Tolain posted:

I've stayed at 90 for awhile for just this reason as a monk. I can rip-disc down giant swarms for some pretty legit AA at 90, but I'm worried what 95 aaing will be like and I want to get all my important stuff out of the way first. How bad did it slow down at 95?

One out of every four of the ghosts in Hills of Shade turned green, and they give like 1 or 2% of an AA per kill when they are green. It sucks. I can't really give you any definite number but I can say it has significantly slowed down. But I'm limited as a paladin to swarming undead since I do jack poo poo damage against anything living.

The best option I've heard is to have a cleric bot cast shining armor on you and swarm the entire zone of Kaesora, which gets you about 10/11 AA per pull. But that would require me getting an 89 cleric, which I don't want to invest time in. I would be so giddy if someone had an 89+ cleric they would be willing to sell, but I'm pretty sure that is against the rules.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Welp, game is down for the entire day on Monday

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=185802

quote:

Important: We will perform maintenance beginning at 12:01AM Pacific* on April 23, 2012. This will impact the following services:

Login for our games WILL be affected from 12:01 AM Pacific* to approximately 11:59 PM Pacific*
Commerce transactions, including purchases on our websites and in-game marketplaces will be unavailable between from 12:01 AM Pacific* to approximately 11:59 PM Pacific*
Account management will be unavailable starting 12:01 AM to approximately 11:59 PM Pacific*
All Games will be unavailable starting 12:01 AM to approximately 11:59 PM Pacific*
We apologize for this interruption and will resume all affected services as soon as the maintenance is completed.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I figure since I made the offer in guildchat earlier, I'll go ahead and make a post here.

Anyone in Ominous who is ready for some t1 HoT visible is welcome to whatever I have stocked up, so long as you provide the tradeskilled item for the slot, and the 2100 pp it costs for the 2 other items from the merchant. Anyone not in the know, refer to http://hot.eqresource.com/visibles.php for all you need for HoT visible info.

Currently I have 7x Head Remnants, 3x Arm Remnants, 1x Wrist Remnant. I'll try to keep this post updated as this changes. First come, first serve.

Trowadeath
Jan 13, 2007
drat maintenance... what am I supposed to do now? Study for my finals next week?
Yeah right.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.
Who the gently caress does 24 hours of maintenance? I've been an engineer in major data center, and nobody with a paid service has that kind of outage on purpose. This poo poo better be worth it.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Wild guess? With all the stability issues SoE games have had lately, they may be making some significant changes with that infrastructure, and are likely making it a solid 24 hour downtime rather than guessing at how fast they can get it done.

Trowadeath
Jan 13, 2007
Also, maybe surprise EQplayers release?

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.
If it's to implement new infrastructure and features, I reserve the right to cynically expect a metric fuckton of issues and downtime over the next couple weeks. Prove me wrong, Sony. I WANT TO BELIEVE

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Bah that sucks. Had today off and wanted to play this game for the first time since 2004(?).

Back then I had a bard and at about Level4 you get the drum runspeed song. After that I pretty much kited those giants in Rathe Mountains for days at a time. I remember kiting so much that my Defense skill never got past like 20 which means even-conned mobs would own the hell out of me. Did/do skills like that really have that much of an affect or did I just have like poo poo gear?

And if I make a rogue and hire a tank merc will I end up at the same fate?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

darkhand posted:

And if I make a rogue and hire a tank merc will I end up at the same fate?

I'd say no. if you're really bent on raising skills as you're levelling up, suspend the merc every few levels or so and pull a mob near the zoneline and just autoattack it until near death and zone. bind wounds or just regenerate [Or have an alt with a cleric merc heal you] and repeat until you're at a satisfactory level.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Trowadeath posted:

Also, maybe surprise EQplayers release?

It still boggles me that they just took the original one down. Just "oh those features you were using? gently caress those, GONE. We'll give a new one when we're ready."

I left my toon logged in last night, so hopefully he's still there this evening. Tomorrow I go on vacation for a week, and I'm already behind a lot of people as it is. I'm like 15 AA from 1000 so I thought that'd be an easy goal for tonight, provided I can play.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Since the game is down I guess I may as well post about the game instead of doing something else. I started prepwork for the monk 1.5 epic yesterday. Did everything leading up to the first fight. I'm guessing I'll need help for all of them since the stuff hits hard and has like 150k+ hp. I'm curious, do you still need to do all the trials in Justice for it, and how long would those take if I had help on it?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Nurge posted:

Since the game is down I guess I may as well post about the game instead of doing something else. I started prepwork for the monk 1.5 epic yesterday. Did everything leading up to the first fight. I'm guessing I'll need help for all of them since the stuff hits hard and has like 150k+ hp. I'm curious, do you still need to do all the trials in Justice for it, and how long would those take if I had help on it?

Yep - I had some goons run me through them all in about an hour or two. Most of it is just sit-and-wait-for-poo poo-to-spawn-then-instantly-die-so-you-wait-some-more.

Except for the Tribunal fight, that still took some time, guy has a lot of HP.

Also - I have poo poo in my guildbank left over from when I did it. I can save you some tradeskill work and time. You'll still need high tailoring (go to Crystal Caverns, spider caves at the end, and farm until you got like 200-300). I think you'll need high pottery too, I can't exactly remember. But I have extra of some liquid you have to make, and I have extra frying skillets that I used when leveling baking up (which you need for 2.0).

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

xZAOx posted:

It still boggles me that they just took the original one down. Just "oh those features you were using? gently caress those, GONE. We'll give a new one when we're ready."

I left my toon logged in last night, so hopefully he's still there this evening. Tomorrow I go on vacation for a week, and I'm already behind a lot of people as it is. I'm like 15 AA from 1000 so I thought that'd be an easy goal for tonight, provided I can play.

Don't think staying logged in does anything. I did it last night for buffs and I was disconnected this morning

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Yea I actually have a good chunk of the day to play and forgot that today was massive maintenance day :\ I really hope what they're doing helps some of the stability issues that have been going on. Otherwise I'm not sure what taking your service down for 24 hours is going to accomplish.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Vomik posted:

Don't think staying logged in does anything. I did it last night for buffs and I was disconnected this morning

Dammit.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

xZAOx posted:

I left my toon logged in last night, so hopefully he's still there this evening.

Sony hosed up and said it was only the login servers originally, but they eventually went back and edited to say game and login servers would both be down for the 24 hours.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Well my video card exploded last night in the middle of a LoL match and I have no $ to buy a new one since I'm moving soon. 4boxing EQ on my laptop isn't really possible, so see you guys in a while :(

If any of you regulars want to box Kodaji for fun and profit, shoot me a PM. All I ask is that you don't get him banned and you put my plat in the bank and don't steal it :v: I'll be on Steam a lot from here on out playing LoL I suppose, if anyone who doesn't already have me added wants to come play smurfs with me! I'm getting semi-not-terrible and my Steam is MrTheDevious

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

MrTheDevious posted:

Well my video card exploded last night in the middle of a LoL match and I have no $ to buy a new one since I'm moving soon. 4boxing EQ on my laptop isn't really possible, so see you guys in a while :(

If any of you regulars want to box Kodaji for fun and profit, shoot me a PM. All I ask is that you don't get him banned and you put my plat in the bank and don't steal it :v: I'll be on Steam a lot from here on out playing LoL I suppose, if anyone who doesn't already have me added wants to come play smurfs with me! I'm getting semi-not-terrible and my Steam is MrTheDevious

But my boots!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seriously every single day I have off the EQ servers go down. Such bad luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
If/when the servers come back up, any recommendations on where to plough from level 77 to 80 this week? I want access to the crazy gear I see everyone using.

My old spots are turning light blue and only good for AAs.