Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

geera posted:

Howard tweeted out this AGT promo video last night. Looks pretty fun, I loved the quick shot of Howard dancing on stage near the end.

This is cool.

I saw a few acts from the show I went to like the black kid with the red hair doing that weird body tweaking thing. He loving killed it and the crowd was going crazy for him.

He was actually a street performer in San Francisco and Howard was making him real emotional. He started crying and it was really sweet :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

geera posted:

Howard tweeted out this AGT promo video last night. Looks pretty fun, I loved the quick shot of Howard dancing on stage near the end.

That legit looks like a good show. I hate reality TV, I hate talent competitions, but I will give it a chance.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

ultraviolence123 posted:

That legit looks like a good show. I hate reality TV, I hate talent competitions, but I will give it a chance.

That's because they didn't show all of the filler bullshit - people standing outside screaming, Nick Cannon doing man on the street interviews, the thoughts of the contestants about how they feel before, during, and after they perform, segments about the dramatic life stories of the contestants and how their small home town America is rooting for them. And endless recaps, teasers, and suspense while America votes. Barely twenty minutes of material spread out over the hour. DVR was invented for these shows.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

FogHelmut posted:

That's because they didn't show all of the filler bullshit - people standing outside screaming, Nick Cannon doing man on the street interviews, the thoughts of the contestants about how they feel before, during, and after they perform, segments about the dramatic life stories of the contestants and how their small home town America is rooting for them. And endless recaps, teasers, and suspense while America votes. Barely twenty minutes of material spread out over the hour. DVR was invented for these shows.

Now if only there was an invention to erase Nick Cannon from TV permanently.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
They don't have a results show do they? Those are just disgusting. Here's 10 seconds of actual content, but hey, how about a live performance by UB40?

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
and jackie be 50

seriously one of my favorite jokes from fred ever

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Holy Calamity! posted:

Hahahaha the blackhead surgery on Howie, I'm really looking forward to watching every second of Howard on AGT

That was an awesome trailer, one of my favorite parts is where Howard asks the little girl something about her father and she's like "what about your father" and Howard tells her she doesn't want to know. What exactly was that exchange?

I hope the contestants mix it up with Howard like that more.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So a buddy and I were talking and we came up with a show idea so awesome, it would implode upon itself.

Ben Stern hosting an updated version of Kids Say The Darndest Things.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Kids Pop the Darndest Boils

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I didn't realize that Nick & Artie were syndicated on the Bone in Tampa, same station that Bubba does mornings.

Also in semi-Bubba related news, Spice Boy announced that he is no longer going to be on either Bubba's show nor the RadioIO show and is now going to do a night show on the Bone as well.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I didn't realize that Nick & Artie were syndicated on the Bone in Tampa, same station that Bubba does mornings.

Also in semi-Bubba related news, Spice Boy announced that he is no longer going to be on either Bubba's show nor the RadioIO show and is now going to do a night show on the Bone as well.

That kinda sucks. I don't listen to Bubba since he left Sirius XM, but I loved it when Spice Boy would (intentionally or otherwise) get Bubba all kinds of pissed off and he'd flip out at him. Especially because Bubba seems to make more wacky grammatical errors when he's amped up.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

prefect posted:

That kinda sucks. I don't listen to Bubba since he left Sirius XM, but I loved it when Spice Boy would (intentionally or otherwise) get Bubba all kinds of pissed off and he'd flip out at him. Especially because Bubba seems to make more wacky grammatical errors when he's amped up.

Yeah he was great at that & he's actually decent at running the show when Bubba would be out. Plus, the guy was busting his rear end as the program director at IO, having to do the FM show and the horrible uncensored show, coupled with another specialty show at night. Considering what a flop IO is (although I do like the Shannon Burke show but there's rumors he's leaving too), I would leave too.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Spice Boy is an incredible talent and can really run his own show. The Bubba show will really be different without him him unless Manson/Ned speaks up more. Expect to hear more non stop NASCAR talk. Spice was always the one to get him back on track.

And yes, Spice trolling the gently caress out of Bubba is always gold.

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
Losing spice is is to bubba like howard losing robin and artie at once. I don't think bubba's show will be as strong.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Spice Boy is an incredible talent and can really run his own show. The Bubba show will really be different without him him unless Manson/Ned speaks up more. Expect to hear more non stop NASCAR talk. Spice was always the one to get him back on track.

And yes, Spice trolling the gently caress out of Bubba is always gold.

Spice is gold. I just hope he takes Manson with him.

CapnPyro posted:

Losing spice is is to bubba like howard losing robin and artie at once. I don't think bubba's show will be as strong.

Bubba's already on the ropes. Such is life, however.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

ultraviolence123 posted:

Same here. I've never watched AGT but I'll definitely check it out now.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

If he lets Brent back into the studio it will go Total Atheist Libertarian all the time. I usually listen to the previous night's Nick and Artie podcast in the morning anyway, so an evening Spice show (that isn't like Happy Hour) could be a good thing.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Szyznyk posted:

If he lets Brent back into the studio it will go Total Atheist Libertarian all the time. I usually listen to the previous night's Nick and Artie podcast in the morning anyway, so an evening Spice show (that isn't like Happy Hour) could be a good thing.

Brent is STILL not back in the studio?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Millstone posted:

They still have him on a squawk box like Booey, but instead of inspiring him to be a more professional producer I think he just hides in the back reading about chemtrails and working on his serial killer show.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

They still have him on a squawk box like Booey, but instead of inspiring him to be a more professional producer I think he just hides in the back reading about chemtrails and working on his serial killer show.

Or running for elected office.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Brent kinda scares me after that whole on air meltdown. I remember his wife being on air one time and talking about how, every night, he gets really high and paranoid thinking that no one on the show likes him at all.

If he ends up in a clock tower one day, I would not be shocked.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Brent kinda scares me after that whole on air meltdown. I remember his wife being on air one time and talking about how, every night, he gets really high and paranoid thinking that no one on the show likes him at all.

If he ends up in a clock tower one day, I would not be shocked.

The worst part is that Bubba did step over the line with it. I'm sure he thought it would be a great bit, but then 'using' it to confront Brent's issues was a tad too much. Brent's paranoia was probably heightened by that because it was true: Bubba did have an ulterior motive that he covered up for via a bit. And Brent seems like the type who craves attention and fame yet can't handle the shockjock atmosphere of forced masculinity and constant, neverending betrayal and openness. If anything, he doesn't deserve to be in the studio, he deserves to be in a faculty until he gets his poo poo straightened up. He takes things way too personally, and you can tell that Spice and Manson were very put upon when Bubba started calling Brent out on the air to chastise him publicly. That wasn't helping at all, and Spice was trying his best to take away the venom and say 'this guy needs help, and he's not a bad guy.'

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Hopefully we will get more Brent Hatley concerts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgrWyoJTNDQ

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Nice!

I just remembered how much I liked Manson.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

The whole thing foolishly being predicated on the Cream Machine ever actually running.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Bonzo posted:

You can actually get most of these on iTunes if you're so inclined.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So I know AGT is going to be full of filler, but I really want to watch it because Howard seems like he really is jazzed about it after watching that promo. I stopped listening to the show because it just fizzled out for me, but I will totally be tuning in to AGT.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Millstone posted:

On Thursday Bubba said Brent was back in the studio, but didn't know how that happened. I think he does spend some of his time on the squawk box though.

They have Bubba's sister siting in for Spice the next 2 weeks and then they are going to have a win Spice's job, like Stern did when John left.

I wonder how low the level of talent will be? 25 Cent, Tom The Treeman, and Tuddle? They also said it was open to fans. Is Cabbie still around?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

They should bring back Gene Lasker

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Bonzo posted:

They should bring back Gene Lasker

They brought him back and then Bubba got into another fight with him so he's off the show again.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Ronnie nearly came to blows with the Ugly Meter guy this morning and it was frightening. At first i thought it was going to be forced and lame but Ronnie seemed genuinely pissed for reasons that made no logical sense and a lot of the crew got pretty freaked out.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Can someone find the Brent freak out with Moonshine, which I think is what everyone is talking about. I can't seem to find it on Youtube.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009
I love how the ugly app guy remained so calm and smug while Ronnie was screaming like a rabid monkey. Some of the funniest poo poo yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW49pm-lDIY
short clip

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Brent was in, and during the ten minutes I had the show on it was "legalize pot", "We're not really free", and some poo poo about the senator for Batista-istas Marco Rubio. Dogshit jones. N&A podcast willy.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea, I want to see the HowardTV of that one, going to need the visual to make everything come together. Ronnie has little man anger issues so bad.

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.
"He spit in my face. Oh God. I hope zero's not contagious." :smug:

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Watch out, don't tell Ronnie he's ugly or his granddaughter aged girlfriend will leave him. What a pathetic weirdo he is.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Just a heads up: Artie will be on Spice's show on The Bone in about 10 minutes.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

Performula posted:

I love how the ugly app guy remained so calm and smug while Ronnie was screaming like a rabid monkey. Some of the funniest poo poo yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW49pm-lDIY
short clip

I thought the app guy was great, he wasn't afraid to make fun of the staff (including Howard) and stirred poo poo up.

When he was doing JD's pic, Howard asked him why he had a look on his face. And replied "I'm looking at his picture."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Welp, I can die happy. I got a rise out of Nick at the top of tonight's third hour. Called him an idiot for telling Artie that hanging up on a listener wasn't funny.