Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
But what does it mean... :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Fucknag posted:

Y'know, it just occurred to me. B2 Rose, Dave and Jade all got their revolution on and fought against the batterwitch. John was a derpy old prankster.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I hope it was just a cover and that he was really the friendleader of the resistance.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Boneless Jogger posted:

Since I haven't seen it mentioned here, new Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.
:golfclap:

Truly, Hussie, you are a poet.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
That guitar in the background is going to be really important.

...the guitar is key

And which character is most associated with a guitar? Vriska. And who's in the background and recently vowed to gently caress poo poo up? That's right, Vriska. And she's rocking out (celebrating like a bard) while the foreground character gets shat on by a bull.

What I'm trying to say is Tavros is going to poop on someone and Vriska's gonna laugh at them. This poo poo is water tight.

VVVVVVV
Dammit you made that while I was writing mine :mad:

But look! Two independent sources it's gotta be true!

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 23, 2012

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The bull is Tavros (self-explanatory). Hella Jeff with the guitar represents Vriska (electric guitar is often used as a leitmotif in her character songs). Sweet Bro represents the dreambubble-blowing horrorterrors, which Tavros and Vriska will buck off and poo poo on (metaphorically).

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

So how can two human children, born and raised completely removed from human society, without any kind of parent or guardian or teacher, be as normal as Dirk and Roxy are?

The biggest question is how they didn't starve to death as babies, and learn how to talk and interact with their surroundings, etc.. This is something that's bugged me with Jade as well, since her grandpa died when she was a toddler, but in the case of Dirk especially, it's even more extreme.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Starmaker posted:

...the guitar is key

I think you'll find that gun is key, pretty consistently in fact. :colbert:

Guitar is probably some kind of useless handled chopping device which doesn't even begin to compare to the utility of lipstick.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Midnight Raider posted:

The biggest question is how they didn't starve to death as babies, and learn how to talk and interact with their surroundings, etc.. This is something that's bugged me with Jade as well, since her grandpa died when she was a toddler, but in the case of Dirk especially, it's even more extreme.

Well, Roxy probably had some carapace people to help her. They don't all seem feral, after all.

Jade had Bec to feed her and presumably socialized a lot with the Prospitians.

Dirk? No loving clue how he survived, but we can presume he got all his social cue and language from old books, tv shows, and movies.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Wait, since the meteors were duplicated, does this mean we have another Mayor somewhere? :v:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Looks more like a bass to me, at least going by the SBaHJ where we see it close up.

Jade?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Boneless Jogger posted:

Since I haven't seen it mentioned here, new Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.
Obviously foreshadwoing Tavros' complete domination of Dave in a rap battle.1

1See Dogg, Snoop; Bitch Please 2: "Did you poo poo on these fools twice, Dre?"

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

But what does it mean... :tinfoil:

Well, for starters, apparently 43 and 44 are happening simultaneously...

And yeah, I'd associate the green and bass with Jade more than Vriska.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Kazy posted:

Wait, since the meteors were duplicated, does this mean we have another Mayor somewhere? :v:

Whoa! Now there's a question.

Actually, two questions. One is, was our Warweary Villein a Derse-dweller before he was a Skaian serf, or was his creation dependent on the prototyping of the Skaian battlefield? Did the poor guy exist in this timeline at all, or was his purpose cut off at the knees before he could even be created?

The other is, wow, yeah, his meteor should have been duplicated, shouldn't it have? Is Roxy friends with the Mayor? Is Roxy friends with two identical Mayors, each cast out by an entirely different world-killing session-wrecking Green Sun-powered tyrant monster who killed the rightful Queen and King of Derse to usurp their power?

Iny fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 23, 2012

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Kazy posted:

I think the idea is that not all meteors get duplicated and some never reach Earth at all. Then again the medium exists separately from Earth so it doesn't make sense for this to be the case. I guess the B1 kids' session reckoning got relegated to a later date or got more spread out? There's still going to be a gently caress-off huge meteor looming over the Pacific eventually, though the Batterwitch may have the means to destroy it.

Actually gently caress I just realised

Holy poo poo

We know meteors only change the time of their arrival and not their location since the kids are at the same places as before

And there's the ruins on Jake's island

Just waiting to spit out a Bec prototyped Jack out of a pod :shepicide:

e: v Right, forgot that only a few meteors get redirected. The spires more or less prove this really should not be the same meteor, especially since IIRC that's the same meteor Bec arrived on Earth with.

YF-23 fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 23, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
We've seen it specifically confirmed that the Scratch redirects only a few very important meteors. Definitely the ones carrying babies, no clear word on any others, although there's also meant to be no proper reckoning at all - and there really wouldn't be much point in having it happen centuries later at a time when the universe is (or may be) about to get hit with Red Miles anyway.

The frog temple on Jake's island is not quite identical to the B1 frog temple, so it can't be the same. We don't yet know how it got there, but it can't just be the same meteor landing. (If it is, somebody messed with it and built a bunch of extra spires around it for some reason. Not entirely impossible, but I don't think it's that likely at this point.)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if UU somehow taught Dirk how to talk through bizarre, convoluted means. She's taking care of EVERYTHING.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 23, 2012

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

What obvious joke? He is actually who he claims to be.
That's the joke (on him).

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

nerdbot posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if UU somehow taught Dirk how to talk through bizarre, convoluted means. She's taking care of EVERYTHING.

Maybe he knows how to read and write, but not speak. That would actually be pretty funny and go well with Dave's mute Bro doing all kinds of crazy poo poo without a single word.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.

MSPaintadventures.com posted:

I will go to some this year. You should come too. First two on the list, and only ones set in stone for now are:

Toronto Comic Arts Festival - May 5th - 6th

San Diego Comic Con - July 12th - 15th

I'll have specific signing times for both events, but I don't know exactly when those times will be yet! I will let you know when I do.

If only Hussie was going to toronto one week later, I might have been able to go. But this is cool news. Is this his first comic con? Isn't San Diego the big mommy wommy of comic cons? Either way, means he's doing pretty good for himself, I think.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

MSPAdventures.com posted:

San Diego Comic Con - July 12th - 15th

Dear God. It's going to be an even bigger clusterfuck than usual.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Zorak posted:

That was posted before the update that said this :ssh:

:doh: Woops, sorry.

MrBims posted:

And Calmasis. The human with split personalities that believe they are trolls.

Wait, what is this?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

It's possible that the Empress isn't as evil as we've seen. She may be orchestrating B2's session for a larger purpose (like destroying LE?) To that end, she may have helped the kids thrive. I mean, if she really wanted them all dead I'm sure she wouldn't have any issue eliminating them with a snap of her fingers.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?

WAR FOOT posted:

Dear God. It's going to be an even bigger clusterfuck than usual.

Oh dear. Like, before that he'll have been to TCAF twice but like... TCAF is peanuts compared to Comic-Con it's held in a drat library and he was STILL swamped with commission drawings on a several hour backlog LAST year.

This will be carnage.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

She can't kill them because that would cause a paradox. Their existence is necessary in many ways - they needed to build the robot bunny, for example, which gets sent back to the pre-scratch session to finish various time loops which were all necessary for Lord English's creation.

It could be that the Condesce knows this and does everything she does while conscious of what she can't do yet (like kill the last two humans) because she needs to ensure her master's creation. Or maybe she doesn't know, but because it's fated to happen she just plain fails to kill them (apparently her horror-terror stops her from doing certain things - is it enacting Lord English's will?).

That they're just wrapping up what they're fated to do may be why the Condesce has suddenly gone all-out on killing them, since it might actually be possible to do so without causing a paradox now. With Lord English created and the list of necessary events to prevent a paradox dwindling it will soon be time to kill the remaining threats to his power (such as the players), but not until everything's ready.

What I'm curious about is whether this session being void is something Lord English wanted. Does he intent to commandeer the new universe Jade is bringing with her? That must be it, if he intends to keep propagating. That should mean that once the players arrive and meet up with their scratched peers that Lord English will no longer have any need of them except for getting their universe off them.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Kit Walker posted:

It's possible that the Empress isn't as evil as we've seen. She may be orchestrating B2's session for a larger purpose (like destroying LE?) To that end, she may have helped the kids thrive. I mean, if she really wanted them all dead I'm sure she wouldn't have any issue eliminating them with a snap of her fingers.

I don't know, on the one hand the Empress seems totally psychotic and on the other she seems like the type who can't stand to take orders from anybody. I wonder if she still has the entire human population's DNA from her weird breeding program stashed away somewhere. It seems like the sort of thing a thief of life would do, and she might know enough to think that the kids could help her destroy Lord English. She could try bargaining or coercing them into helping her.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
The more important thing is: does the Empress still have info on how to create more trolls? If so, there's an easy for for Kanaya to remake the trolls without having to alchemize a Matriorb.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Renaissance Robot posted:

I think you'll find that gun is key, pretty consistently in fact. :colbert:

Guitar is probably some kind of useless handled chopping device which doesn't even begin to compare to the utility of lipstick.

Your key is out of bullets

(and your lipstick out of gas)

Acidophilus
Aug 27, 2009

What's all this then?
Dirk said he raised himself right? Barring Cal being terrifyingly mobile in this instance, (which I think Umbrage would have commented on during their conversation) the only way I can figure out how Dirk could have been reasonably cared for was that he built a robot as a preteen or so, and then sent it back in time to take care of him. Maybe a little one with instructions to build itself up to a reasonable size. If he can only send it back to Jake and Jane's time then I think it could still work out.

Dirk building and programing the robot would count as him "raising himself", in an extremely odd way.
Maybe I'm just too scared of the idea that Lil' Cal is truly alive.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Andrew hussie posted:

"Feel free to completely swamp this thing with Homestuck characters. Let's outnumber all the storm troopers, animes and Spider Men combined. We will show up on the news under the headline, 'COMIC CON RUINED FOREVER: HOMESTUCK OFFICIALLY REPLACES STAR WARS.'

I give you my blessing to make this happen."

:stare:

"So this is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause."
- Captain Picard

I'm almost positive it was Picard that said that...

TOAST7312 fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 23, 2012

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
So where are you guys seeing all these things? It's not on MSPA's front page unless it's hosed up for me. (totally within the realm of possibility) It's not on his tumblr either, if he even plans on using that again. It's too long for twitter, and I don't see it there anyway. Did I miss something?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Boneless Jogger posted:

So where are you guys seeing all these things? It's not on MSPA's front page unless it's hosed up for me. (totally within the realm of possibility) It's not on his tumblr either, if he even plans on using that again. It's too long for twitter, and I don't see it there anyway. Did I miss something?

The quote TOAST7312 posted is from an MSPA news post, though that part wasn't there when Hussie originally posted it. Possibly it's a weird caching issue of some sort, people have those sometimes.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Yeah, that's weird, the last post for me is the ColoUrs and Mayhem Universe B one, and there's no text at all in that one. I've tried ctrl + F5 and that didn't work, then I deleted my cache and that didn't help either. Oh well, I'll figure it out.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The last time stuff wasn't showing up for people, it was because they were using mspaintadventures.com instead of www.mspaintadventures.com

So, uh, try that.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Nope, I'm not seeing it either.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Hussie just functionally put out a hit on Comic Con.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Seoinin posted:

"Feel free to completely swamp this thing with Homestuck characters. Let's outnumber all the storm troopers, animes and Spider Men combined. We will show up on the news under the headline, "COMIC CON RUINED FOREVER: HOMESTUCK OFFICIALLY REPLACES STAR WARS." I give you my blessing to make this happen, and reserve the right to renounce all personal responsibility." -Andrew Hussie

Well guys you heard him, get out your best Homestuck costumes.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

psychoticBacofoil posted:

"Feel free to completely swamp this thing with Homestuck characters. Let's outnumber all the storm troopers, animes and Spider Men combined. We will show up on the news under the headline, "COMIC CON RUINED FOREVER: HOMESTUCK OFFICIALLY REPLACES STAR WARS." I give you my blessing to make this happen, and reserve the right to renounce all personal responsibility." -Andrew Hussie

Well guys you heard him, get out your best Homestuck costumes.

I want to see at least five hundred Lil' Cals.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Bobulus posted:

The last time stuff wasn't showing up for people, it was because they were using mspaintadventures.com instead of https://www.mspaintadventures.com

So, uh, try that.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I already tried both https://www.mspaintadventures.com and mspaintadventures.com. It doesn't work on either. I dunno, I guess I'll just wait for an update and see if that fixes things before worrying about it more.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Seoinin posted:

The Sand Diego Convention Center will sink into the ocean under the weight of a thousand Vriskas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel
May 2, 2009

To everyone talking about TCAF, please, don't cosplay. The people who run it got very mad and disappointed at people cosplaying, because it's not a convention. There was a lot of posts on Tumblr about it a few weeks ago (I can't find it currently sadly), but even on TCAF's main page, they specifically say no cosplay. Homestuck cosplayers were the main culprit last time.

http://torontocomics.com/about-tcaf/ posted:

So can I still do convention-type stuff at it? Like cosplay, skits, walking around ‘in-character’, etc.?

We recommend against it.

Conventions are held in dedicated spaces, and these become ‘safe’ spaces for attendees to express themselves creatively. TCAF takes place in a public building, and TCAF exhibitors and attendees mix with members of the general public and library patrons and that’s what makes it special, but it also makes for a very different vibe than a convention, and one that might not welcome your particular brand of creativity.

We put it like this: You probably wouldn’t wear your Captain America or Karakat Vantas costume to the library on the weekend before TCAF, so you probably shouldn’t wear your costume to the library on the weekend of TCAF. All of us that run the show support personal creative expression through costuming and performance, but TCAF just isn’t an appropriate venue for that.

We have the utmost respect for all of our attending publishers, authors, and their fans, and we want everyone to enjoy themselves. We’re not singling any one or any fandom out. This is about TCAF and the way we do things, and we decided from the get go that this was going to be a literary festival and not a con, and that means that some attendees are going to need to find a more appropriate venue for their cosplay, their performances, and/or their meetups.