Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

HardDisk posted:

I just got ME2 and started a playthrough and :zaeed:, the FemShep is ugly compared to ME3's FemShep.

Is there anything to tick off when you are importing the save in ME3 to use at least the default ME3 FemShep face?

Also, I feel that the missions in general are better in ME2 than in ME3.

You can change to the new default Femshep face in ME3 when you import. They also allow you to edit your imported face this time too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putin It In Mah ASS
Nov 12, 2003

Omni-gel superlube is great stuff!
My engineer in 3 uses a viper as his only weapon. It's light enough that I get 196% tech recharge rate and 1 weapon is all you need. I think the 1 shot sniper rifles are better in the hands of the infiltrator or soldier due to the bonuses, but I don't feel too gibbed since I have relatively little trouble stripping defenses and then finishing off with the rifle.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I love the Geth Pulse Rifle as a Sentinel. Spam Overload to wreck everything's shields, blast away the remaining bits with pulse rifle fire, then Warp or Reave/Warp combo (Kaidan is so drat crazy) the leftovers.

Naturally I have Tech Armour and Barrier stacked so that I can laugh at anything trying to actually hit me.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect

Putin It In Mah rear end posted:

My engineer in 3 uses a viper as his only weapon. It's light enough that I get 196% tech recharge rate and 1 weapon is all you need. I think the 1 shot sniper rifles are better in the hands of the infiltrator or soldier due to the bonuses, but I don't feel too gibbed since I have relatively little trouble stripping defenses and then finishing off with the rifle.
but the viper is such a horrible gun and it's the worst ever?

if you have the n7 valiant collector's gun you should try that out, or the carnifex with a scope guaranteeing you one-shot kills with head-shots on most enemies.

ungulateman posted:

I love the Geth Pulse Rifle as a Sentinel. Spam Overload to wreck everything's shields, blast away the remaining bits with pulse rifle fire, then Warp or Reave/Warp combo (Kaidan is so drat crazy) the leftovers.

Naturally I have Tech Armour and Barrier stacked so that I can laugh at anything trying to actually hit me.
I used to think the geth pulse rifle was bad, and then I saw this.

I've yet to really try out a sentinel in 3, would you recommend a shot-gun/face punching build with it?

Banjodark fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 23, 2012

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
remember to use nothing except a scoped Scorpion w/ cyro ammo (except at the Eva Core fight, because you will Lose The Game in that case)

Putin It In Mah ASS
Nov 12, 2003

Omni-gel superlube is great stuff!
I like the magazine size on the viper. Doesn't really bother me much if it's not optimal. The engineer could run around weaponless for the most part.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
While we're on the subject of ME1, is there a way to cheat/mod/whathaveyou all the achievements and bonuses for ME1? I neglected to back up whatever file holds those settings and would like to play ME1 again with the bonuses I had before without having to beat it 2-3 times again.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'm playing as a power focused sentinel right now, I took Slam as my bonus power. I probably should use something more optimal like Barrier or Armor Piercing Ammo but it allows me to do this.

Slam picks them up, shoot them with Scorpion grenades, Slam throws them to the ground and they bounce high into the air and explode.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect

Viperix posted:

While we're on the subject of ME1, is there a way to cheat/mod/whathaveyou all the achievements and bonuses for ME1? I neglected to back up whatever file holds those settings and would like to play ME1 again with the bonuses I had before without having to beat it 2-3 times again.

I'm not sure how you hack the achievements on but the majority of ini hacks etc are here; http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Tweaks

I really recommend hacking the mako to have infinite jets so you can just fly around levels rather than deal with that poo poo.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Banjodark posted:

I've yet to really try out a sentinel in 3, would you recommend a shot-gun/face punching build with it?

My personal experience is that you're better off speccing for midrange combat with ludicrous amounts of damage protection (max out Tech Armor ASAP and consider grabbing Barrier or Fortification for your bonus power). Armor and shields doesn't mean poo poo between chain Overloads and extremely fast Warp recharges. Warp one-shots Husks when it's maxed out on the default difficulty and I think on Veteran as well.

It's great fun running at people and Warping them in the face, too.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I finally beat this game for the first time.

I have one question about future DLC. I accidentally picked the wrong ending at first. I just walked straight into Synthesis when I really wanted Destroy. Once Shepard jumped into the light and I got the Achievements, I said "oh poo poo" and quit the game. Then I played the end-game again, and picked Destroy, and watched everything (even Shep gasping), and it eventually started me back on the Normandy. I'm worried now that any future DLC will now take the wrong choice into account. Or am I fine since I ultimately made the "correct" choice?

I also have a question about the end game, regarding Anderson. The "Anderson lives" thing is just him not getting shot by Illusive Man, and having a short conversation with me as he dies, right? There's no real "Anderson gets up and walks away and lives happily," right?

Also, I know it's probably tiring to hear about it again, but the Indoctrination Theory is the only thing that is even close to making sense with that ending. I'm personally certain that's what they were going for, even if they never flat-out say it.

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 23, 2012

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Crows Turn Off posted:

I finally beat this game for the first time.

I have one question about future DLC. I accidentally picked the wrong ending at first. I just walked straight into Synthesis when I really wanted Destroy. Once Shepard jumped into the light and I got the Achievements, I said "oh poo poo" and quit the game. Then I played the end-game again, and picked Destroy, and watched everything (even Shep gasping), and it eventually started me back on the Normandy. I'm worried now that any future DLC will now take the wrong choice into account. Or am I fine since I ultimately made the "correct" choice?

I also have a question about the end game, regarding Anderson. The "Anderson lives" thing is just him not getting shot by Illusive Man, and having a short conversation with me as he dies, right? There's no real "Anderson gets up and walks away and lives happily," right?

Also, I know it's probably tiring to hear about it again, but the Indoctrination Theory is the only thing that is even close to making sense with that ending. I'm personally certain that's what they were going for, even if they never flat-out say it.

-All we know about future DLC at this point is that it will probably take place before/during the ending (think like a mission about retaking Omega). So your choice of ending has no impact on any DLC maybe probably.

-yes you are right about everything here

-unfortunately there have been notes and such from the writing stages that basically say, nope what we got is what they were going for

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What is the Indoctrination Theory?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

-unfortunately there have been notes and such from the writing stages that basically say, nope what we got is what they were going for
Know where to see those? I've read a lot about it so far and I haven't come across them.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The easiest way to find out is to Google and YouTube it. But, basically:
Shepard has been undergoing the Reaper indoctrination process throughout all of ME3. That's where the little kid dreams come from. The little kid is the indoctrination "taking hold" in Shep's mind, making Shep get some emotional attachment to the kid (who returns later). The theory states that in London, after Shep gets hit by the Reaper laser, everything from that point on in the game is actually in Shep's mind. The decision you make in the game is actually Shep's mind rejecting the indoctrination (Destroy), or accepting it in some fashion (Synthesis, Control). Then the little kid shows up again and tries to convince you to not destroy them (because, again, it's a manifestation of the Reaper indoctrination). Ideally, you'd pick Destroy, and reject the idea, and then if you were really good at the game you see Shep gasp for air in what looks like the ruins of London (because again, you didn't actually leave London and were knocked out the entire time from the Reaper laser).

Here are a couple of links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOyeFvnhiI

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Apr 23, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I tried playing a Sentinel with Barrier as the bonus power, specced both for damage protection and shield recharge, and activated both simultaneously. On Normal, I can apparently take multiple rockets to the face and still have barely 50% shields which then regenerates seconds later anyway. The cooldown becomes a bit too much though.

Edit:
I meant I activated Tech Armor and Barrier at the same time. I also wore armor pieces that boosts shield and shield recharge. I think this might work if I play a melee built.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 23, 2012

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

The MSJ posted:

I tried playing a Sentinel with Barrier as the bonus power, specced both for damage protection and shield recharge, and activated both simultaneously. On Normal, I can apparently take multiple rockets to the face and still have barely 50% shields which then regenerates seconds later anyway. The cooldown becomes a bit too much though.

Another way to pump your damage reduction is to take Reave. So long as you have an active Reave on a target, you'll have an extra 15-40% damage reduction depending on how you evolve it. I think barrier only gives you a max of 30% for comparison.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Tank-tastic :stare:

I really ought to do a Sentinel run after my Infiltrator. Sentinel was one of my favourite classes in ME2, and the Tech Armour was a big part of that. I was kind of saddened when I saw how Tech Armour works in ME3 because it seemed antithetical to how I liked using it in ME2.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

HenessyHero posted:

Another way to pump your damage reduction is to take Reave. So long as you have an active Reave on a target, you'll have an extra 15-40% damage reduction depending on how you evolve it. I think barrier only gives you a max of 30% for comparison.

We're talking severely diminishing returns with a third defensive power. Percentage of a percentage of a percentage or whatever.

Not that that matters with reave being so good offensively of course.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
ME1 question: On Virmire, is there any way to talk to that Krogan doctor before all the husks and stuff start attacking. It always feels like I've done something wrong.

Also, where did he get his medical degree?

It's amazing how I'm still finding new stuff in ME1. I only discovered the second entrance to Saren's base (the sewers one) a few months ago. And I still haven't done every permutation of getting a garage pass on Noveria (how do you get Parasini and Analeis to shoot each other?).

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

sassassin posted:

It's amazing how I'm still finding new stuff in ME1. I only discovered the second entrance to Saren's base (the sewers one) a few months ago. And I still haven't done every permutation of getting a garage pass on Noveria (how do you get Parasini and Analeis to shoot each other?).

What? Sewers? Shoot each other? gently caress me, what? I never knew about ANY of this.

IoCaster
Feb 19, 2011

sassassin posted:

ME1 question: On Virmire, is there any way to talk to that Krogan doctor before all the husks and stuff start attacking. It always feels like I've done something wrong.

Also, where did he get his medical degree?

Take the evidence to Anoleis instead of Lorik and he'll call Parasini into the office. They shoot it out and you can pick-up the garage pass off the floor. You can also go back to Lorik after that and blackmail him for some extra credits.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

IoCaster posted:

Take the evidence to Anoleis instead of Lorik and he'll call Parasini into the office. They shoot it out and you can pick-up the garage pass off the floor. You can also go back to Lorik after that and blackmail him for some extra credits.

That's strange. The last time I did it I took it to Analeis. Giana Parasini was waiting for me in the bar at the time, I think.

Does it make a difference whether you tell Analeis your plan before you go get the evidence I wonder?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dush posted:

What? Sewers? Shoot each other? gently caress me, what? I never knew about ANY of this.

Just after you do all the little side bits on the base attack (comms tower, flyers etc.) you cross a bridge and fight two Krogan & two geth snipers. Usually after that you go right, enter the base and shut off (or turn on) security.

What you can do instead is go left a bit and drop down under the bridge. On the far left is an unlockable door that lead you through some sewer tunnels to a room full of indoctrinated Salarians. After which you can enter the base and shut off (or turn on) security.

It makes very little difference tbh, as I usually go out of my way to kill everyone anyway.

I also didn't know you can turn off the alarms once you're inside and save Kirrahe the hassle of dying if you want.

IoCaster
Feb 19, 2011

sassassin posted:

That's strange. The last time I did it I took it to Analeis. Giana Parasini was waiting for me in the bar at the time, I think.

Does it make a difference whether you tell Analeis your plan before you go get the evidence I wonder?

Honestly it's been a few years since I played the game and I don't remember the exact sequence of events now. I might have spoken to her in the bar and turned her offer down first and then told Anoleis. It was a renegade run where I basically screwed over everyone I could in the game. *shrug*

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Banjodark posted:

Scorpion or falcon + Disruptor ammo

the AOE will prime everything for a tech burst, which you can detonate with double throw. The tech armor cooldown penalty doesn't matter so much for an ability like throw. Take squadmates who can set up other tech bursts/biotic explosions for your throw.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It's bullshit and is nothing but the fevered dream of fandom.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
:aaa: I had no idea you could actually get Parasini and Anoleis to shoot each other. Def. gonna do this in my current Renegade Goongeneer Shepard run

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Piedmon Sama posted:

:aaa: I had no idea you could actually get Parasini and Anoleis to shoot each other. Def. gonna do this in my current Renegade Goongeneer Shepard run

Like I've been saying, people need to get over the bad gunplay and enjoy the game. Since I didn't play ME2 until 2011, I had over 3 years of ME1 and I investigated every permutation possible. There's a lot more variation than there is in the following games.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't think I could ever kill Parasini. :(

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Trast posted:

It's bullshit and is nothing but the fevered dream of fandom.

And yet it somehow makes more sense than taking the ending at face value.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

HoveringCheesecake posted:

Like I've been saying, people need to get over the bad gunplay and enjoy the game. Since I didn't play ME2 until 2011, I had over 3 years of ME1 and I investigated every permutation possible. There's a lot more variation than there is in the following games.
I'm playing on casual because I just want to not be a goody two-shoes. Last time I had all Paragon all the time. Now I'm actually making the choices I would actually make. I'm also going through conversations more quickly because I'm not made of time.

I'm also going to tweak some things because gently caress the Mako.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A shame you get the Falcon on the second last mission of the game.

Cleatcleat
Mar 27, 2010
But on replays you can use it from the start. Really fun to use on Soldiers with the A-Rush and all that. It's like being back in MP, pre-nerf, and hosting. It lands all the time, staggers everything, and pretty effective at killing too. Ammo is a bit of a problem in SP but there tends to be ammo supplies nearby ya can camp.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Like I've been saying, people need to get over the bad gunplay and enjoy the game.

That's a hell of a thing to ask, considering you spend like 75% of the time shooting at things.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Since I didn't play ME2 until 2011, I had over 3 years of ME1 and I investigated every permutation possible.

Man, and you still got nothing on magimix Felinoid :shepface:

Lycus posted:

I don't think I could ever kill Parasini. Shiala :(

But seriously, anyone who kills either of them is a major dickface <:mad:>

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cleatcleat posted:

But on replays you can use it from the start. Really fun to use on Soldiers with the A-Rush and all that. It's like being back in MP, pre-nerf, and hosting. It lands all the time, staggers everything, and pretty effective at killing too. Ammo is a bit of a problem in SP but there tends to be ammo supplies nearby ya can camp.

You mean on NG+? On new games you still have to collect the weapons again.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Fag Boy Jim posted:

That's a hell of a thing to ask, considering you spend like 75% of the time shooting at things.

Sorry you haven't heard about biotics.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Seriously. You play a biotic and you could turn guns off and still steamroll the entire game flat.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
My playstyle was to play soldier, put my dudes on autopilot, and spent 100% of my time shooting at things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Oh, OK. You spend 75% of the game pressing the number keys and trivializing every fight in the game while not being challenged at all.

• Locked thread