Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Wandering Knitter posted:

I have to admit that putting a Mummy movie into a movie about Bigfoot pretty much makes just as much sense as Thumbelina in a Christmas movie.

Or the Ice Cream Bunny in...well, anything really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Wandering Knitter posted:

I have to admit that putting a Mummy movie into a movie about Bigfoot pretty much makes just as much sense as Thumbelina in a Christmas movie.

Or makes as much sense as Frankenstein Island.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wait, Debbie from Manos is in this? Wha-huh?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

IUG posted:

"Hur hur hurrrrrr".
Hur hur hurrrr!

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

IUG posted:

"Well, we found it. The Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny of horror films."

So the movie wanders off into some other plot that's told by another person entirely?

Sadly, yes

IUG posted:

Do we not see Bigfoot until the very end of the movie when he takes the narrator away?

Sadly, yes

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Payndz posted:

Hur hur hurrrr!

I think that this is pretty much the perfect Rifftrax moment. No matter how many times I see it I end up laughing like a total loon. What is it about this sound Bill makes combined with the video that creates such a perfect storm of hilarity?!?!?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In honor of the anniversary, if you haven't seen Titanic, and I'm shocked to say this, it is

THE BEST RIFFTRAX

e: Jesus, I have never laughed this hard.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 15, 2012

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Tony Danza Claus posted:

In honor of the anniversary, if you haven't seen Titanic, and I'm shocked to say this, it is

THE BEST RIFFTRAX

e: Jesus, I have never laughed this hard.

An hour in and yeah, this is a really good one.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Just watched it and it really is great. Disembaudio singing "My heart will go on" at the end killed me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Granddaughter to elderly Rose: "Come on nana. You're tired. Go to bed."

Kevin(?) in old lady voice: "You just wanna put me to bed so YOU'LL be the hottest piece of rear end in the room."

-----

Mike, in awesome snobby Billy Zane voice: "Honey, you left without saying good morning to my money. That's very rude."

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 17, 2012

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I had to pause it because I had a laughing fit when they commented on Billy Zane's behaviour in the lifeboat:

"Yeah, right, the guy in the 3000 dollar suit is gonna pull an oar. COME ON!"

Also, a Quest of the Delta Knights reference as soon as David Warner was on screen :haw:

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 17, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Wide shot of Titanic leaving port. Zoom in as Captain Theoden walks on screen and proudly stares out across the bow as triumphant music swells:

Kevin: "I'm gonna sink the HELL out of this bitch."

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
DEAR WHITE STAR LINE,

gently caress YOU.

STRONG LETTER TO FOLLOW.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I had to pause it because I had a laughing fit when they commented on Billy Zane's behaviour in the lifeboat:

"Yeah, right, the guy in the 3000 dollar suit is gonna pull an oar. COME ON!"

I've heard them make this joke in other Riffs, and didn't know it's origin. I can't recall any of them right now, but they've used it again exactly the same since then. It still doesn't touch "llllllllllllllladies" as my favorite runner though.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

IUG posted:

I've heard them make this joke in other Riffs, and didn't know it's origin. I can't recall any of them right now, but they've used it again exactly the same since then. It still doesn't touch "llllllllllllllladies" as my favorite runner though.

It's an Arrested Development reference.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

WampaLord posted:

It's an Arrested Development reference.

Suddenly I want Will Arnett to do a guest riff.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Suddenly I want Will Arnett to do a guest riff.

I'm still desperately waiting for James Urbaniak, the sassiest man on earth.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
There was a riff with Joel McHale and no one told me :stare:

A really funny one, too!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dissapointed Owl posted:

There was a riff with Joel McHale and no one told me :stare:

A really funny one, too!

Red Dawn owns.

(so does the riff)

AVENGE MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

tags2k
Jul 2, 2004

Dinner parties!
Is anyone watching the new riff, Curse of Bigfoot? I'm halfway through and finding it both hilarious and a bit of a slog at the same time. I'm not sure how either.

Bad: another Nick Nolte joke. Good: lemon drink porch reference. Excellent: return of "remember, the narrator is telling them all this..."

tags2k fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 17, 2012

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I just watched the Riff of the Dragonball movie. I have no idea who those guys are but they did a good job. Far away from being one of the best Rifftrax but they have potential.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 17, 2012

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

They're called Team Four Star and they made (are making) the hilarious spoof of Dragon Ball Z called Dragon Ball Z Abridged. I thought their Riff was pretty great.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Wide shot of Titanic leaving port. Zoom in as Captain Theoden walks on screen and proudly stares out across the bow as triumphant music swells:

Kevin: "I'm gonna sink the HELL out of this bitch."

This reminds me that they totally riffed a couple scenes from Titanic for MST3k, when they did one of their half-hour specials (I think they did movies like Mrs. Brown, Wings of the Dove, and others in that special as well). That line is from their riff of that scene.

I haven't seen the Rifftrax, but I wonder if some of the other lines I remember are in there.

*the Titanic passes the little boat when it launches*
Mike: Get outta the passing lane, moron!

*when everyone is waving goodbye*
SO LOOAANG, ARRIVIDERCI!

Billy Zane: "Open your heart to me, Rose..."
Mike: "And by heart, I mean bloomers."

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I loved all the "My heart will go on" jokes.

"My heart is going on"
"Mine...isn't...*charges paddles* *zapp* Now my heart is going on!"

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Hewlett posted:

This reminds me that they totally riffed a couple scenes from Titanic for MST3k, when they did one of their half-hour specials (I think they did movies like Mrs. Brown, Wings of the Dove, and others in that special as well). That line is from their riff of that scene.

I haven't seen the Rifftrax, but I wonder if some of the other lines I remember are in there.

*the Titanic passes the little boat when it launches*
Mike: Get outta the passing lane, moron!

*when everyone is waving goodbye*
SO LOOAANG, ARRIVIDERCI!

Billy Zane: "Open your heart to me, Rose..."
Mike: "And by heart, I mean bloomers."

Didn't they do Pulp Fiction as well?

Popelmon posted:

I loved all the "My heart will go on" jokes.

"My heart is going on"
"Mine...isn't...*charges paddles* *zapp* Now my heart is going on!"

"I've got a feeling that, somehow, that heart will still go on... No, wait. A tuna ate it. :sigh:"

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Hewlett posted:

The "sink that bitch" line is the only repeat. It was a trivia question at one of the Rifftrax live events I was at (some dude won a dvd)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I just finished with Frankenstein Island and I have to say that the one-eyed laughing guy is one of my favorite characters in all of film.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gavok posted:

I just finished with Frankenstein Island and I have to say that the one-eyed laughing guy is one of my favorite characters in all of film.

He's also the NASA guy from Giant Spider Invasion.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I'm watching the Empire riff right now and just wanted to remind everyone that Bill's impression of Gilbert Gottfried owns severely.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I just watched the Alien one and it was great.

"Hey! I'm spoiler cat. I survive longer than almost everybody else. Enjoy the movie"

and

"No you can't!"
"WHAT did he just call her?"

Also I got to rewatch Alien which is never a bad thing. God drat I love that movie so much.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I think that this is pretty much the perfect Rifftrax moment. No matter how many times I see it I end up laughing like a total loon. What is it about this sound Bill makes combined with the video that creates such a perfect storm of hilarity?!?!?

No way, when the Ice Cream Bunny was driving his car swerving all over the road and nearly hitting people...

Also watched Curse of Bigfoot. That movie certainly is a thing. Wasn't expecting the horrific brutality of the ending though.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 23, 2012

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

rereedrumr posted:

Sadly, yes

Jesus, you weren't kidding. :stare: God bless you, Mike, Bill, and Kevin. God bless you for putting yourselves through this total loving trainwreck of a movie.

SnipeBob
Dec 8, 2006

"You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel."
Just watched Curse of Bigfoot last night, and I'll echo what's already been said. It's easily the worst movie they've ever done, including Santa and Ice Cream Bunny.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

SnipeBob posted:

Just watched Curse of Bigfoot last night, and I'll echo what's already been said. It's easily the worst movie they've ever done, including Santa and Ice Cream Bunny.
Yeah, the riffing is actually spot on most of the time, but boy is that movie ever dire- sadly, Birdemic has more excitement, passion, and artistic value in it than Bigfoot.

The ending is so hilariously abrupt and is probably the only real payoff in the entire movie- literally an hour and a half of glacially paced schlock leading up to maybe 15 seconds of SOMETHING happening, and then it's immediately over. Why would anyone ever make this?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bobby The Rookie posted:

The ending is so hilariously abrupt and is probably the only real payoff in the entire movie- literally an hour and a half of glacially paced schlock leading up to maybe 15 seconds of SOMETHING happening, and then it's immediately over. Why would anyone ever make this?

Apparently the section with the archaeologists and the kids is just another shittier horror film sandwiched into the film.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Tars Tarkas posted:

The "sink that bitch" line is the only repeat. It was a trivia question at one of the Rifftrax live events I was at (some dude won a dvd)

Kevin Murphy says it's also his most favorite joke they ever made, either on MST3K and Rifftrax.
It was pretty funny.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Just watched the Sixth Sense. It was pretty good but miles away from The Happening. But of course The Happening is way dumber movie :shobon:.

"I bought you flowers. But then I paid a bum to eat them"

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

Also watched Curse of Bigfoot. That movie certainly is a thing. Wasn't expecting the horrific brutality of the ending though.

What happens at the end? I'll probably watch the riffed version at some point, but I'm just curious.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Behonkiss posted:

What happens at the end? I'll probably watch the riffed version at some point, but I'm just curious.
The monster gets doused in gasoline and set on fire, then proceeds to violently burn to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
WHAT. THE. gently caress.

I'm currently watching the Star Wars Holiday Special riff. I have never seen it before and I really don't know what to think.

This is the dumbest thing I have seen in a long, long time and obviously the rifftrax guys think so too. What a trainwreck.

Edit: I'm missing most of the rifftrack because I just zone out while I watch the complete insanity on the screen. What the gently caress were they thinking? I know it was the 70's but no amount of drugs can explain this. Holy poo poo.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 25, 2012

• Locked thread