Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Sandwich
Nov 5, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

El Hefe posted:

I for one am looking forward to seeing Cersei's tits, come on HBO.

She has full-body tats, so it's unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, just saw the episode.

You know you're a Wild Card when you watch a scene of a woman giving birth to a shadow demon in the middle of a cave and you think it's watered down. My friend called me after the ep and was all "WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH THIS SHOW?" I was utterly confused at her revulsion.

Truly these books have broken me beyond repair.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like and am horrified by the fact that my biggest problem with the episode is how "TV" it all feels, with giving more and more screen time to the actors who made an impression last season instead of doing the GRRM thing and branching out. It's a mixed blessing-- the character focus we get is entertaining, but the scope and scale feels way smaller.

All this in an episode where I watch a woman give birth to a shadow monster in graphic detail.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Littlefinger and Ros compose 88% of the story.

Arya, the 2nd biggest chunk of ACOK (next to Tyrion) is probably the main character with the least screen time.

And seriously, Ros had two drat scenes in AGOT. Why is she the main goddamn character of the tv show?

I can only imagine her agent is some kind of cocaine and money golem that has incriminating photos of everyone at HBO.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Littlefinger and Ros compose 88% of the story.

Arya, the 2nd biggest chunk of ACOK (next to Tyrion) is probably the main character with the least screen time.

And seriously, Ros had two drat scenes in AGOT. Why is she the main goddamn character of the tv show?

I can only imagine her agent is some kind of cocaine and money golem that has incriminating photos of everyone at HBO.

Ros' actress agreed to rub GRRM's stomach and call him daddy if she could be the main character in the tv show.

Also, have we gone even one episode without three lesbian sex scenes? I'm beginning to lose count and I'm starting to find the naked female body boring. This show is going to make every dude gay with the amount of freaking naked girls they have in it.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Lord Sandwich posted:

That didn't seem to stop her in 300.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

Also, have we gone even one episode without three lesbian sex scenes? I'm beginning to lose count and I'm starting to find the naked female body boring. This show is going to make every dude gay with the amount of freaking naked girls they have in it.

I'm starting to feel that way too, and it's frightening. Carice van Houten shouldn't make me go "Meh."

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It's been a while, but I seem to remember the shadowbaby birth being the point where CoK picked up, so it might get better.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Junkenstein posted:

It's been a while, but I seem to remember the shadowbaby birth being the point where CoK picked up, so it might get better.

Yeah, but ACOK wasn't written for horny 13 year olds and didn't have the story slam to a halt for a lesbian sex scene every 5 pages.

The show is only going to get worse until it's thankfully euthanized/cancelled.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Yeah, but ACOK wasn't written for horny 13 year olds and didn't have the story slam to a halt for a lesbian sex scene every 5 pages.

Yeah, I find it hilarious that HBO are out-GURMing GRRM to such a ridiculous extent.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

Yeah, I find it hilarious that HBO are out-GURMing GRRM to such a ridiculous extent.

He's trying to get them to ruin the older books so that ADWD looks good by comparison.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My money is on a combination of the following:

-Budgets running thin forcing them to improvise with the actors/sets they've got with the story they need to tell.

-Actors needing to get more screen time to justify their continued casting on the show as well as increase their career prestige.

-Writers starting to warm up on writing aSoIaF fan-fiction so if they ever get to aFfC and beyond they've found a rhythm in writing a story that actually makes sense and goes somewhere.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Oh you think YOU can write trashy bullshit for idiots?"

-HBO, throwing down the gauntlet

I can't wait to see how they top antler-scepter-rape. They may even outdo Bret Easton Ellis.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Look we don't know she was raped, just beaten.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Moose King posted:

That didn't seem to stop her in 300.

A quick google search confirms her body is as mediocre as her face and acting skills, whoopdeedoo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Maytag posted:

Look we don't know she was raped, just beaten.

Yes. The author of the pear-shaped man should be given the benefit of the doubt in regards to grotesque and horrible poo poo.

I'm sure it cut away because a smack on the bum from a scepter is merely boring. That's all.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I think they've bitten off more than they can chew. Season 1 was a very good adaptation of GoT, but the scope has expanded too much in CoK for them to do justice to most characters. Whereas season 1 felt like the book stripped down to its essentials, whilst still giving most characters room to breathe, season two feels like everything is painted in far too broad strokes. Which makes superfluous poo poo like Ros even more annoying.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Sexpansion posted:

Rothfuss is awful and Sanderson is milquetoast genre garbage.

OK, what say everyone stop overusing the milky toast term, hmmm? I swear this is like the dozenteenth time I've seen a SA post utilizing it of late.

Lord Sandwich posted:

More extensive than Jolie's?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 24, 2012

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
Just watched last nights episode :stare: what did GURM do to HBO that was some sick poo poo. Also I'm glad they have just pretty much thrown the book out the window at this point. It's almost like we're getting a "if I where to write it all again" thing except on TV.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The TVIV thread is now entertaining a discussion on who the best swordsman of the realm is. Most people have it down to arguing between Jaime and Barristan.

Fools, if only the knew the skill of ~~~***D*a*r*k*s*t*a*r***~~~.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

The TVIV thread is now entertaining a discussion on who the best swordsman of the realm is. Most people have it down to arguing between Jaime and Barristan.

He and Daario~ could easily best Jaime and Barristan in a tagteam. Noone could withstand the glisten as Daario~ rubbed his golden women.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The seeds of antler rape being sown so they avoid talking about shadowbabby killing Renly.

HBO, you will not take from me what is mine by rights.

And everyone knows the best sword is Belwas. He fights in his undies and lets his enemies get a free cut.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Blind Sally posted:

Darkstar will singlehandedly save Westeros with his skills when it's revealed that the Others are actually all little girls.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Blind Sally posted:

He's getting a bit old, but Jaime definitely has the best swordhand for now.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Factor_VIII posted:

Darkstar will singlehandedly save Westeros with his skills when it's revealed that the Others are actually all little girls.

It turns out their ears are their weak spot.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Why cookie Rocket posted:

A quick google search confirms her body is as mediocre as her face...
:goonsay:

edit: I am convinced you are just force-goonying your review of Headly.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 24, 2012

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Blind Sally posted:

I wonder if they'll even have Darkstar in the show.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

They have to. They cannot skip the Darkstar, no! HE IS OF THE NIGHT.

It's the best excuse they have to cast Criss Angel in this show.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

They have to. They cannot skip the Darkstar, no! HE IS OF THE NIGHT.

It's the best excuse they have to cast Criss Angel in this show.

Blackie Lawless. :colbert:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fog Tripper posted:

Blackie Lawless. :colbert:

Sephiroth.

He's real and we're going to be married. :reddit:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Sephiroth is MINE, you can't have him! Jenova thinks I'm the best son-in-law she could have asked for!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Sephiroth isn't anime enough to play Darkstar.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
I can't wait until they have 300 scenes of Rob Arryn crying over a paper cut to reinforce that hes hosed up and a baby because him sucking on his moms tit at 8 or whatever isnt subtle enough for hbo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

EatDirt posted:

He caught Ser Pounce bedding his own kittens.

A place I used to work at used an abandoned spec home as a lunch room and it had been infested by feral cats. Cats are really prone to incest (and horrible and retarded offspring.)

Jauphre was a cat hater because somewhere, deep down, he knew he had an uncle-daddy.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

run DNC posted:

I can't wait until they have 300 scenes of Rob Arryn crying over a paper cut to reinforce that hes hosed up and a baby because him sucking on his moms tit at 8 or whatever isnt subtle enough for hbo

Hey, at least there will be plenty of Sansa and lemoncakes.

Maybe they can even have Littlefinger look through a hole when Sansa goes to hug Rob and then pull away for more exposition.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

We can only hope Littlefinger brings Ros with to the Eyrie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Urdnot Fire posted:

We can only hope Littlefinger brings Ros with to the Eyrie.

Ros will go to Essos so XXD can sexplain what's happening in the House of the Undying.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Ros getting hosed by a dragon in Mereen while describing the plague and political situation is going to win an emmy for special effects

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

"Look across that field, Stannis. Do you see all of those banners?"

*Nobody looks across the field so that they don't have to hire a bunch of extras*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Harrenhall seems pretty baron as well