Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
The area beyond the keyed statue in Vergalid Mines is pretty good. The mobs starting at the big rear end spiral ramp are higher level than the rest of the mines and respawn fairly quick.

To get the key, kill orcs and kickpicks until they drop an Arid Indicolite Shard. Take it to the big blue crystal cluster in the stone guardian room and right click it. Then just click on the statue/portal and you're good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Yeah that's were we've been from like Lv70-78 now, Vergalid. We tried some of the other places but Vergalid is better exp. But its a bit more dangerous since mobs aggro range is huge. Bring some CC or have some way to pull singles. We had a chanter calm and mezz there.

Even lower down, near the pit of doom, some mobs are lv76-77 so that can easily get you to 80.

With a lesson burn we usually get 2 yellow down there with a Pally, Ranger, Chanter, Wiz and a tank and cleric merc. Not bad for 30 min. Pretty much a level per night if poo poo goes smooth.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

Well my video card exploded last night in the middle of a LoL match and I have no $ to buy a new one since I'm moving soon.

That sucks man, except for Beo, his schtick just got easier to pull off now.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

Well my video card exploded last night in the middle of a LoL match and I have no $ to buy a new one since I'm moving soon. 4boxing EQ on my laptop isn't really possible, so see you guys in a while :(

You could just two box on your laptop!

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE

MrTheDevious posted:

Well my video card exploded last night in the middle of a LoL match and I have no $ to buy a new one since I'm moving soon. 4boxing EQ on my laptop isn't really possible, so see you guys in a while :(

If any of you regulars want to box Kodaji for fun and profit, shoot me a PM. All I ask is that you don't get him banned and you put my plat in the bank and don't steal it :v: I'll be on Steam a lot from here on out playing LoL I suppose, if anyone who doesn't already have me added wants to come play smurfs with me! I'm getting semi-not-terrible and my Steam is MrTheDevious

Caignon and I (Lord Goonlord Lordgoonofgoons of the Time Lords) will carry you on LoL! We were dominating last night. I'm back in game by the way. Leveling a mage box up with Caignon.

Our group so far is gonna be SK, Mage, Monk, Druid. What else should we add? Since I found out you can have journeyman mercs on silver, I've been much more open to boxing.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

The337th posted:

That sucks man, except for Beo, his schtick just got easier to pull off now.

Hah! I'll log in once a night and say hi just to show Beo up.

Brumans - I think your boots are on my monk IIRC, I'll look once laptop's done downloading and patching

zancii
Sep 16, 2011
Servers are up!

Maybe a shaman or a beastlord for slows? Druid has the healing covered, so beastlord may be best.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

zancii posted:

Servers are up!

What a cruel joke you just played on us.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

RCarr posted:

What a cruel joke you just played on us.

They actually are up. It might be temporary, but I'm playing right now.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

MrTheDevious posted:

Hah! I'll log in once a night and say hi just to show Beo up.

Brumans - I think your boots are on my monk IIRC, I'll look once laptop's done downloading and patching

Sweeet! It's funny how it worked out - the boots from you were my first piece of HoT T1 vis gear, and it'll be the last piece I receive. Big thanks to Mazik, Flare, and Puga for the rest :).

Maybe the servers will come up in a hour or two so I can get a last bit of EQ fix before I head out for a week. I won't be in-game or online really until next Tuesday the 1st. Going to BotCon! Yeah, I'm a nerd.

Luba, Neri, Caig, Wub, etc - please start up alts or find another hobby for a week. Or be prepared to have a monk a few levels lower than you pulling...I guess that worked fine in AG.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

xZAOx posted:

Luba, Neri, Caig, Wub, etc - please start up alts or find another hobby for a week. Or be prepared to have a monk a few levels lower than you pulling...I guess that worked fine in AG.

I may take a break from the SK this week and work on necro. Even if I don't, i'll just be grinding AAs in PoFire lol. Also, Guildwars2 Beta starts friday, woohoo.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Wask posted:

If/when the servers come back up, any recommendations on where to plough from level 77 to 80 this week? I want access to the crazy gear I see everyone using.

My old spots are turning light blue and only good for AAs.

Vergalid is the best I've found, with direwind a pretty close second. Vergalid's entrance pretty much sucks solo, so invis and take the right path down to where the gators and such are. There is a tiny alcove to your right as you enter the cavern from the tunnel that is completely safe, but don't pull to it since a healer mob paths by occasionally. I just left the alcove and pulled singles until I needed to rest and then afk'd in the alcove

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Node posted:

They actually are up. It might be temporary, but I'm playing right now.

Are you playing F2P? Only my F2p account works.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

darkhand posted:

Are you playing F2P? Only my F2p account works.

My gold account is working fine.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Node posted:

The best option I've heard is to have a cleric bot cast shining armor on you and swarm the entire zone of Kaesora, which gets you about 10/11 AA per pull. But that would require me getting an 89 cleric, which I don't want to invest time in. I would be so giddy if someone had an 89+ cleric they would be willing to sell, but I'm pretty sure that is against the rules.

How the gently caress do you swarm the entire Kaesora zone?

Not how do you kill that many things, but how do you have that many things aggro with the zone server making GBS threads all over your face. Gyrospire instances start having mobs warp and ghost at about 60-70 mobs. But pulling up a Z-axis def hurts there. Tosk was rubber banding really bad about 50 mobs. I hit deflection as the pile rounded the corner at me and the entire disc was used up before I actually got hit by any of it. And Kaesora has more mobs than either of those zones

Once stuff starts warping like that, you wind up with mobs behind you in the corner and that just fucks everything up. F8 targeting, non-ripostable hits that bypass most of your defenses and they might bump you out of position.

Of course that's just an over reaction to a exaggeration :p And you do Kaesora in about 3 pulls.

Swarming does get slower after 90, since you don't get any new zones to swarm in, all your old ones just end up being 5 levels lower now and you lose anything easier than Gyrospires. You do get to do bigger pulls in those zones though. Feerrott felt a little too tough to swarm in, but maybe some even better gear would make is feasible. I'm talking like t2/3 VoA raid level gear. There might be someplace in UF that works, but UF is horrible.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Servers have been up for a while now, btw.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
Since I am closing in on 70 now should I start preping the faction I need for epic 1.0 or just skip and do 1.5 instead? Way I seem to read its either or pretty much and just a speed bump anyways. I know that with the faction loop hole you can skip all but two or three steps for sham1.0 but that the faction trick seems a giant pain.

Or should I just not even bother with any of the epics?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

You need to do some faction work for the 1.5 prequest, since it needs a part from the 1.0 quest. But you NEED to get your 2.0 eventually, it has one of the better click effects and doesn't diminish as you level up.

Just skip the 1.0 since the iksar broodling is a pain in the rear end to find unless Dragons, Dragons, Dragons comes back.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
The faction trip isn't that bad. Just bind yourself in PoK, Take the BB stone > boat > OOT > kill the dude > Gate > Freeport then gate back to PoK and start over. With Levitate and a fast mount it doesn't take that long.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sgt Froggy posted:

Since I am closing in on 70 now should I start preping the faction I need for epic 1.0 or just skip and do 1.5 instead? Way I seem to read its either or pretty much and just a speed bump anyways. I know that with the faction loop hole you can skip all but two or three steps for sham1.0 but that the faction trick seems a giant pain.

Or should I just not even bother with any of the epics?

The 1.5 prequest is doing the 1.0 up to the Black Fur Boots(SoW boots) as you need those for the 1.5 prequest turn in. I did the 1.0 up to the first turn in in Emerald Jungle and the dog wouldn't talk to me so I'd recommend doing some faction grinding first. I didn't skip any steps either so I'm going to go back and do the first part over a couple times.

The Shaman 1.5 and especially 2.0 are pretty great, you should definitely do them. The 1.0 is a novelty, and you'll have a nice bottleneck with the Child's Tear from Fear, but it's pretty easy if you have that.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I did the most of the Shaman 1.0 Sunday night, my method for factioning was binding at the guy you kill in Ocean of Tears, then using a gate hammer to get back near pok for the run to Freeport. This sped up the process pretty well, I was gating back to Ocean of Tears a minute or two before the npc to kill repopped on most trips.

Note that you could also kill Pegleg in Butcherblock instead of making that trip out to Ocean of Tears if you preferred.

Like others have said, the 1.5 prequest might be a lot more convenient over trying to get the Child's Tear. The Dragons x3 event that was mentioned makes getting a tear easy, but I wouldn't expect it to be in game in the next few weeks or anything.

The only reason I bothered with the 1.0 myself was the vain hope of finally getting the Epic Ornament quests in game sometime remotely soon, I love the spear graphic.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Did they fix the ability to /claim journeyman mercs or something? I tried to claim a J1 clockwork merc and it was definitely locked for me.

Tried the other contract, still apprentice. Oh well.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 24, 2012

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

So I'm running around at ~lvl 13. I'm getting a lot of simple defiant armor which is a definite nice change of pace from 2003 days. But should I expect to get any weapon drops? Or is that something I need to hit the bazaar for?
And if so is there a Defiant-like class of weapons that I should search for? (This is a rogue)
I still have weapons from the tutorial :(

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

There are defiant weapons of the same types as the defiant armor, it's just hard to randomly get the weapon drops you need while out hunting.

Thesaurus_Rex
Feb 10, 2005
EQ was my first mmo, and I still have such a soft spot for it. Played mainly on Firona Vie, but I doubt anyone I knew there still plays. Definitely gonna check out some newer content (stopped playing around 2005ish) and roam through some old stomping grounds. I'll be in as Rebazi the Iksar beastlord on Luclin. Who should I contact for a guild invite?

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

darkhand posted:

So I'm running around at ~lvl 13. I'm getting a lot of simple defiant armor which is a definite nice change of pace from 2003 days. But should I expect to get any weapon drops? Or is that something I need to hit the bazaar for?
And if so is there a Defiant-like class of weapons that I should search for? (This is a rogue)
I still have weapons from the tutorial :(

I had this same problem - I was using the tutorial weapons into my mid 20s. A little google found two Blightfire Moors quests that result in decent weapons:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3853

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3816

I'm in my low 40s now and haven't found anything to replace them yet.

Also a helpful person in general chat pointed me this one out to me (I don't think it was mentioned in the OP but I might have missed it) there is an NPC in PoK outside the guild lobby named Franklin Teek. He gives out repeatable tasksfor the hotzones which involves killing five of a certain mob type. You get a shoulder, cloak or belt item as the reward (your choice). The belt is a haste item. Great if you are like me and just came back with no access to haste yet.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Or you can just go to the guild bank and retrieve one of the 100 low level defiant weapons

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

MrTheDevious posted:

4boxing EQ on my laptop isn't really possible, so see you guys in a while :(

If you don't mind me asking, what classes do you 4box?

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Cynode posted:

If you don't mind me asking, what classes do you 4box?

SK / Sham / Monk / Bard.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
That sounds like way too much work to play a game.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
Depending on the class I have a couple bags full of lower level defiant weps. I filled up the deposit bank on sunday with armor I had stashed but still have to off load the weps.

Can anyone explain how tribute and favor turn ins work? I looked at the favor guy in guild house and it says I have over 800k some how. I see it gives buffs and what not, however, are they worth anything?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Node posted:

That sounds like way too much work to play a game.

ISBoxer.

Shaman plays itself with the numpad, bard plays itself unless I need to mez something, couple terrors on SK and he's done for the remainder of the fight, then I just push buttons on the monk. All 4 together require about 25% as much work/button pressing as playing a single WoW character with a GCD limited rotation. A normal fight for me starts by having bard/monk positioned facing a corner, pull mob to corner with a terror, plant SK in corner, press numpad 1. That turns on bard/monk melee, bard starts melody, casts another terror with SK, casts slow and Lion and a HoT on the shaman. Then I click monk screen and press monk buttons while pressing numpad3 and 4 to keep terrors and DoTs coming from SK and Sham.

I have no idea how anyone enjoys just playing one EQ character and just watching combat spam scroll by while you press a button every 10 seconds or so. We've got a couple other goons who are 5 and 6 boxing with no trouble. Just gives you a game to play instead of watching. If mercs weren't so great, I'd add another couple boxes just because even with 4, most of every fight is sitting there watching it happen.

^^ Most of the trib buffs are pretty outdated these days, but AC/hp and such never hurt if you've got a ton of trib wasting away!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Are there any buyable containers that have 15+ slots? I was able to get my hands on a Dreamweave satchel and an Ethereal Dreamweave satchel cheap. I'm playing on FV by the way.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

I have no idea how anyone enjoys just playing one EQ character and just watching combat spam scroll by while you press a button every 10 seconds or so.

It varies by class for sure but I've played 6 or 7 classes at max level and you're always doing something. You're pretty much constantly either casting, using combat abilities, or using cooldowns. Even with something relatively more hands-free like a mage, you're weaving 2 or 3 nukes, your gargoyle, your quick AA dd, 5-10 other cooldowns if you care about your dps, and of course more on burns.

Chum Scandal fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 25, 2012

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

meat gnome posted:

It varies by class for sure but I've played 6 or 7 classes at max level and you're always doing something. You're pretty much constantly either casting, using combat abilities, or using cooldowns. Even with something relatively more hands-free like a mage, you're weaving 2 or 3 nukes, your gargoyle, your quick AA dd, 5-10 other cooldowns if you care about your dps, and of course more on burns.

Seriously, doesn't your monk alone have a ton to spam with stun kick on the quick second cooldown, flying kick, and all the other crap that only lasts like 30 seconds a fight? I'm lazy enough that I macro my g15 to do that for me half the time, playing 4 characters just sounds stressful (then again, my shaman is so low maintenance to box that I can do everything for him with about 4 G-keys)

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 25, 2012

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

MrTheDevious posted:

ISBoxer.

Shaman plays itself with the numpad, bard plays itself unless I need to mez something, couple terrors on SK and he's done for the remainder of the fight, then I just push buttons on the monk.

I'm going to have to check out isboxer. Is it easy to setup hotkeys/macros? I'm currently boxing SK/SHM/MAG/DRU w/ dps/heals mercs. My old 4 box was shm, mag, nec, bard and tank/healer mercs but I felt without a real tank I was limited on doing things like the 2.0 orbs and other no merc stuff. the druid is dps/spot heals when using my healer merc but I figure with shm patch healing druid should make a good enough group healer when I cant use my merc healer. They are 72/300'ish AA now and slowly climbing.

I currently use wineq2, hotkeynet, and hotkeys. it's ok but kinda annoying when it has to switch to each of 4 screens to activate hotkeys then back to the main window

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Cynode posted:

I'm going to have to check out isboxer. Is it easy to setup hotkeys/macros? I'm currently boxing SK/SHM/MAG/DRU w/ dps/heals mercs. My old 4 box was shm, mag, nec, bard and tank/healer mercs but I felt without a real tank I was limited on doing things like the 2.0 orbs and other no merc stuff. the druid is dps/spot heals when using my healer merc but I figure with shm patch healing druid should make a good enough group healer when I cant use my merc healer. They are 72/300'ish AA now and slowly climbing.

I currently use wineq2, hotkeynet, and hotkeys. it's ok but kinda annoying when it has to switch to each of 4 screens to activate hotkeys then back to the main window

It will change your life. It's a little wonky to set up at first, but once you make your second macro you'll have the hang of it. Honestly the hardest part for me was trying to figure out which keys / key combos to use to send keystrokes to the other instances.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
By the way, just want to shout out to anyone who is considering playing on Zek. The new F2P makes it a lot easier to play on this server with regards to having a pocket healer or Wizard to fight with in case you are playing a class who has problems PvPing at a particular level, and it's a lot less of a ghost town than it used to be.

There's a couple of us playing here if anyone else is. JUST SAYIN

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

What's the current Zek ruleset? Is it like old Rallos-Zek free-for-all or is it like Sullon Zek alignment-based?

Sullon Zek was really cool back in the day; even with all the lovely PvP mechanics this game has.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

darkhand posted:

What's the current Zek ruleset? Is it like old Rallos-Zek free-for-all or is it like Sullon Zek alignment-based?

Sullon Zek was really cool back in the day; even with all the lovely PvP mechanics this game has.

It's FFA with the same 4-level limit. It plays similarly to the old team servers though since it's basically split along guild lines and all the guilds seem at odds with each other. Pre-max level there are known PKs and then people just trying to level up, for the most part.