Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Fishylungs posted:

That is adorable, where do you find them?

Toys R Us is the only place I've found them so far. Their website isn't even built yet, but you can check out all the different figures that will be out in the photos on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GrabZags

Check out Death Springs, my free webcomic updated every Thursday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Rustie posted:

Toys R Us is the only place I've found them so far. Their website isn't even built yet, but you can check out all the different figures that will be out in the photos on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GrabZags

Bummer, the nearest TRU is 2 hours away. Though I'm heading by it in like a month.

And that Storm is so cute. :3:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That Cyclops with the projecting eye-blast is pretty adorable too. :3:

Also I was messing around and noticed that the Hasbro website has a page for the upcoming MU She-Hulk figure. When is that wave supposed to hit retail?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rustie posted:

drat, their sculpting just bets better and better, that is an amazing looking figure.

Also, anyone else picking up these Marvel Grab-Zags? They're mystery bagged prizes, but it's pretty easy to at least feel out which ones are figures. The figures are pretty cool, like something usually sold in Japanese vending machines. If anyone else is picking these up I'm up for trading. They have a general Marvel version out now and Avengers hitting the shelves.

Found some today at my Toys r us, grabbed 5, got 2 green goblins, 2 cyclops, and a normal spiderman. Not bad I only wanted spidey and goblin:)

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The new Mini MOTU comic that came with this month's figure depicted the Bionatops and T-rex. I'm going to be EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED if they arn't made into beasts for the 2012 MOTUC Line or 2013. Seriously showing things that won't be made into toys for a line of figures that exists only in toy form and has no other forms of media is a dick move...especialy dinosaurs.

Draego-Man despite being an entirely original creation, is really one of the best figures in the line. He not only comes with the whiplash tail and two layers of snap-on armor for his torso, he comes with big rear end wings and a flaming sword. He does have Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Megatron vibes though.

Thudner Punch He-Man is allright, I mean we allready have He-Man, Prince Adam, TRU 2 Pack He-Man, Wundarr, Pre-Eternia He-Man, Battle Armor He-Man, Faker, and Battle Armor Faker, but Thunder Punch came with some of the more unique accessories.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 25, 2012

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
If they get around to Extendar, I'll snap him up straight away.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The_Doctor posted:

If they get around to Extendar, I'll snap him up straight away.

One of the Star Sisters had an extending gimmick that really didn't do much at all to the overall height and length of the limbs. You had to snap on the extended joints and that was pretty much it, the joins themselves were rather tiny and really no larger than the unextended part. I think anything like Mekanek and Extendar would have the same type of faux-extending gimmick.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Question for those of you with Matty subs: how can you tell how many subs you're actually signed up for?

Here's the skinny: I signed up for a DCUC sub last year, but I think I'm going to be getting two. I received two reminder e-mails that I'm going to be charged in a few days, and checking my order history shows that the DCUC sub cost was ~$60; the sub itself was only $30, although there's also the weird floating $45 at time of purchase, plus applicable shipping (which they way overcharge on). Unfortunately (and unsurprisingly) the "List Subscriptions" page doesn't work, and I'm not sure of a phone number to call and check with Matty directly.

I'd rather not have to cancel them (well, throw them away by transferring the sub to a credit card and then cancelling the card because I can't actually loving cancel a sub thank you very much Matty :argh:) but I really can't afford two and I'd rather take my chances with the sale day & secondary market than have to double up every month.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Apr 27, 2012

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I wouldn't get too upset about it yet, I have one Club Eternia and one 30th Anniversay sub and I got 5 renewal notices last night. So I have no clue what they are doing over there at the moment, but they will ship only one sub. This seems to be a monthly thing. Check your order history, you will see how many subs you have there ... especially if you haven't ordered anything before it should be easy, unlike mine:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, I got a couple more notices last night about Club Voltron or whatever. Hope they aren't raping my credit card with all this poo poo. I've currently only received the red lion and the pilot but nothing else.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Alright, that calms my nerves a bit, thanks. Hopefully I'm just getting the one, but if it's more I suppose I should at least stick it out until Metron arrives.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you do get two I'd totally take your extra Metron ... need a nice chair for Zodac.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I don't think there really have been any CC issues with Digital River this month. Mattel stepped up somewhat on stopping snafus from happening and made a bunch of twitter posts and such about it. Don't know how long it will last, but they seemed to have improved abit.

My Club Voltron did the same thing and sent me a few notices. I only got one yellow lion however and was only charged for one.

The thing I wasn't expecting though was the yellow lion to be the size of a real housecat. I know the combined form is supposed to be 23-24 inches tall, but the legs are far far larger than the arms to Voltron.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Hrm, He-Man collector dudes - I got my first MOTU figure in Dreago-Man, and it's really cool, but his left knee joint is INSANELY tight. I've been giving it some force, but I can see some white stress marks starting to show, so I stopped.

Any idea on how I can loosen it? I mean it's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice for some more extravagant posing.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Hrm, He-Man collector dudes - I got my first MOTU figure in Dreago-Man, and it's really cool, but his left knee joint is INSANELY tight. I've been giving it some force, but I can see some white stress marks starting to show, so I stopped.

Any idea on how I can loosen it? I mean it's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice for some more extravagant posing.

Hair dryer or dip it in boiling water.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Speaking of Matty, here's their SDCC offering this year.

Notably no articulated DC figures, instead replaced by DC Polly Pockets, an 8" Death statuette, and a 1-1/2" Tiny Titans set (!!!), commemorating the greatest kids comic ever and making me miss it greatly. Also Dana as Zuul, and a guy that really ramps the absurdity of MOTUC up a couple notches (that tank outfit is killing me).

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Woop woop my set of the new Predator figures arrives in the mail on Tuesday. :woop:
They'll join the other nine currently guarding my PC monitor. :suicide:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sanschel posted:

Speaking of Matty, here's their SDCC offering this year.

Notably no articulated DC figures, instead replaced by DC Polly Pockets, an 8" Death statuette, and a 1-1/2" Tiny Titans set (!!!), commemorating the greatest kids comic ever and making me miss it greatly. Also Dana as Zuul, and a guy that really ramps the absurdity of MOTUC up a couple notches (that tank outfit is killing me).

Dana is only going to be a SDCC exclusive? Pffffffft. :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Dana is only going to be a SDCC exclusive? Pffffffft. :(

Yep, considering she was supposed to be the third figure in the four they released this year, and she went from $22 to $25, I'm not sure that after that figure I'll buy another Mattel product again. From the yellowing of Stay Puft that they won't correct or offer refunds on, to the lack of the "thank you" they've been posting about again and again since January, I'm done with their poo poo. I cannot believe a company would poo poo so badly on a certain section of fans, because they keep loving up their product lines. DCUC/Young Justice got equally poo poo on. I feel bad for anyone wanting anything from Matty besides MOTUC.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Oh god someone buy me the Tiny Titans I need them. I NEED THEM.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I want that Tank man guy. He's like Chairface's slightly more violent cousin, Tankface.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Considering the SDCC Transformers stuff Hasbro is going to be putting out as well, I'm gonna have to put out feelers for people going to San Diego this year..

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

1/6 scale Hulk from Hot Toys. Must. Resist. Urge. To. Buy.
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2012/Hot_Toys_Hulk_Teaser.jpg&text=

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

RevKrule posted:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2012/Hot_Toys_Hulk_Teaser.jpg&text=

Game over. I will spend whatever horrible amount of money that costs.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

RevKrule posted:

Hot Toys Hulk Buster Armor CONFIRMED :tinfoil:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dre2Dee2 posted:

That would be a good way to reuse parts of the Iron Monger mold.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Oh man, that would be amazing!

I still regret giving away my Legends Hulkbuster....

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Are Play Arts Kai worth it? I want to get me a badass Garrus Vakarian, but he's $70. I dunno. Aren't they Marvel Legends \ DC Universe \ MOTU Classics scale?

Of course, if I get Garrus, I'm gonna want Shepard and Wrex and Liara, two. Luckily they're not making Wrex and Liara.

gently caress Ashley.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
According to the BBTS listings for other Play Arts Kai figures, it seems to be in the ~9" range.

I'll be honest, I haven't actually invested in the line at all. The closest I got was the Bayonetta one, but it was sold out everywhere I looked when I actually wanted it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

They're basically like a smaller Hot Toys or larger Revoltech/Figma; really good articulation and production value, but expensive for what you get.

They don't usually have many accessories, are in the weird 9" scale (about the size of the smaller male DCUC large/build-a-figure bodies, eg STRIPE or Swamp Thing) that doesn't quite meld with any other figure, and have this weird as gently caress knee joint (the upper and lower leg "open" to reveal a recessed semi-rectangular knee piece hidden behind them). The knees only really look out of place on skin legs like the Street Fighters; on armored characters (Batman) it's not nearly as much an issue, and I assume with Garrus' already weird legs it wouldn't look too out of place.

You need to weigh whether a high-quality super-poseable sniper space bird Batman that only has two extra hands and looks awesome but big against your other toys is worth it. Looking online the Garrus and Shepard do look pretty sweet; if you can afford them I doubt you'd be disappointed.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Sanschel posted:

They're basically like a smaller Hot Toys or larger Revoltech/Figma; really good articulation and production value, but expensive for what you get.

They don't usually have many accessories, are in the weird 9" scale (about the size of the smaller male DCUC large/build-a-figure bodies, eg STRIPE or Swamp Thing) that doesn't quite meld with any other figure, and have this weird as gently caress knee joint (the upper and lower leg "open" to reveal a recessed semi-rectangular knee piece hidden behind them). The knees only really look out of place on skin legs like the Street Fighters; on armored characters (Batman) it's not nearly as much an issue, and I assume with Garrus' already weird legs it wouldn't look too out of place.

You need to weigh whether a high-quality super-poseable sniper space bird Batman that only has two extra hands and looks awesome but big against your other toys is worth it. Looking online the Garrus and Shepard do look pretty sweet; if you can afford them I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Are Batman and the Joker worth it? I'm also a huge Street Fighter fan, but the only ones they seem to have are Akuma and Cammy, and I already have a bunch of the SOTA figures. I kinda wish that they never canceled those. I think Jazwares has the license now, and I've seen a few in TRU. They look pretty bad.

Let's also not forget that Play Arts is missing my two favorite Final Fantasy games. I love it how people forget there were Final Fantasy games before VII. (That's when they were good.)

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

Let's also not forget that Play Arts is missing my two favorite Final Fantasy games. I love it how people forget there were Final Fantasy games before VII. (That's when they were good.)

Not enough belts or merchandising opportunities. I mean, Sabin never even had a bracelet you only see in one scene they can make a 200 dollar replica of!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Not enough belts or merchandising opportunities. I mean, Sabin never even had a bracelet you only see in one scene they can make a 200 dollar replica of!

If they made figures from FF4, 5, 6 or 11 I'd be all over that. 9 is good though. I only like unpopular Final Fantasies. Vivi is like the only play arts I would even consider getting.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Gammatron 64 posted:

Are Batman and the Joker worth it? I'm also a huge Street Fighter fan, but the only ones they seem to have are Akuma and Cammy, and I already have a bunch of the SOTA figures. I kinda wish that they never canceled those. I think Jazwares has the license now, and I've seen a few in TRU. They look pretty bad.

They've also got a Ryu/Chun-Li in the Street Fighter Play Arts line. Batman/Joker look really nice but I haven't picked them up.

Having seen the Mass Effect ones in person a couple times, the Garrus is BY FAR the best. Ashley/Shepard have some facial problems but they're pretty good.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Bandit64 posted:

They've also got a Ryu/Chun-Li in the Street Fighter Play Arts line. Batman/Joker look really nice but I haven't picked them up.

Having seen the Mass Effect ones in person a couple times, the Garrus is BY FAR the best. Ashley/Shepard have some facial problems but they're pretty good.

Ryu I could give two shits about, but I wonder if Chun is any good. My favorite characters are Zangief and Balrog, but they'll probably never make those as they'd be huge and cost $100.

I think when he comes out, I might have to splurge and get Garrus. I love Garrus. Space bird Batman rules. If only they made Wrex and Mordin...

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

It also never completed most of the FF lines it did start.

I wanted a Quistis dammit :argh:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

U.T. Raptor posted:

It also never completed most of the FF lines it did start.

I wanted a Quistis dammit :argh:

The first 200 dollar Play Arts Kai, due to having the most detailed scale model minigun ever.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

404GoonNotFound posted:

The first 200 dollar Play Arts Kai, due to having the most detailed scale model minigun ever.

Shiva already has the mantle of the first $200 Play Arts Figure.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They weren't kidding with how big this loving yellow voltron is -- sheesh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jeeeeeeesus. :stare: how big are the figures for scale there? 6 inches high?