Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

grah posted:

It is important to note that if your mount moves more than 5 feet while you are riding it, you only get a single attack. This works just fine for charging, especially if your mount has Pounce, but it's worth noting that you can't full attack when your mount takes more than a 5-foot step, which may be important for you. There is a feat that fixes this but it can't be taken until level 14 at the earliest.

Note that the one attack limitation is only for melee attacks. I've occasionally thought about running a mounted archery/pounce mount build. I don't recall anything that would prevent you from directing your mount to charge (ending with its full attack with pounce) while you take your own ranged full attack part way through its move (making your attacks outside attack-of-opportunity range).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

Note that the one attack limitation is only for melee attacks. I've occasionally thought about running a mounted archery/pounce mount build. I don't recall anything that would prevent you from directing your mount to charge (ending with its full attack with pounce) while you take your own ranged full attack part way through its move (making your attacks outside attack-of-opportunity range).

Nothing stops you, but you take a -4 when your mount double moves (also when it charges) and a -8 if it runs. There is no penalty if your mount makes a normal move.

You take the shots when the mount has completed half of it's move.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Inverse Icarus posted:

I've got an interesting idea and I'd like some suggestions on how to make it work.

One thing that's in the story is that one of the more brutish Priests likes to create impromptu brawls with new recruits. The story goes that the party, plus one more NPC join the cult and eventually participate in one of these fights. They are given saps, but a heavy mace is thrown in the center of the courtyard where they fight. They fight until only one is standing, the others (hopefully) being knocked unconscious. The other members of the cult rush to heal anyone who is bleeding out, the risk of dying is low.

If they go along with it, they're going to have to beat eachother up.

... I could just say "Listen, you know that's the Paladin, but your character doesn't" and see what happens. I trust most of the players to accept that, but one of the newer guys might behave differently. I can see them all ganging up on the NPC in the fight, and then silently agreeing that one player (Cleric probably) should "win". I guess it really doesn't matter, since they have to knock out eachother, or they'll be punished by a superior.

Quoting myself, this scene played out in our meeting yesterday.

They easily identified each other. The Paladin had suggested that they "stick their thumbs out" when their hands were out their sides so they could identify each other.

During the brawl, the Cleric and Paladin did this, and the Wizard just shot an acid bolt at the NPC which was enough to identify him.

Paladin refused to participate in the fight, and got knocked out by the Barbarian "Priest" who was watching them. In general, the party was reluctant to fight, except the Wizard who repeatedly tried to kill an NPC, who they were certain was a 15 year old non-evil half-elf they met before. Thankfully, the Paladin was already unconscious before the Wizard started trying to murder the kid.

Then I got to watch a Cleric (+0 STR) and a Wizard (-1 STR) try to make attacks with saps. Eventually the wizard gave up and just started using magic missile on his friend, bu the Cleric rolled well and won, surviving with a handful of HP, and was excused from transcription duties that night and given a bottle of fine Chelish wine to celebrate.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

Having a Raging Barbarian hit with a +1 Greatclub for 16 damage on a level 3 PC is a good way to put someone in their place.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Do you think they had fun?

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Do you think they had fun?

The Paladin did. He staunchly refused to beat people he knew as allies, and tried to convince the barbaric priest that this was really dumb, that they were all acolytes of the church, and beating each other served no purpose.

The Barbarian-Priest just shouted back that this was part of their training, and that all those who serve Razmir must be capable of defending the temple at any time. When the Paladin stood there with his arms folded, he got his rear end beat with a Greatclub. He wasn't happy to be unconscious, but there was no threat of him dying so he was pretty happy with the result.

The Cleric is mostly a healbot, and he didn't want to reveal the fact that he is was a Cleric of another god, so he basically just swung a sap for 14 rounds of combat. Not sure he enjoyed not being able to use any of the spells in his portfolio. At the very least, he made a show of it, dancing around "enemies" and trying to trip the Wizard.

My little brother is playing the Wizard and he's new to RPGs, and really a "kick down the door" player. The majority of the session was Roleplaying, and this was the first "combat" of the night. He just wanted to unload, shoot his magic missiles, etc. When the half-elf fell unconscious, he cackled and tried to cast on him again, but the Cleric took an AoO on him and the spell fizzled.

Aside from the several rounds in a row of "I roll a 8 to hit with my sap and miss" I think everyone enjoyed the "encounter." The fact that the Barbarian-Priest hit one of them that hard should help put the threat in perspective. The Paladin was very gung-ho about trying to kill that Priest when they were all alone in the yard, but honestly I don't think the party could take him right now, even if the Paladin blew his Smite and the Cleric had his holy symbol.

The module has a lot of subterfuge and diplomacy options available for the majority of it, until it culminates in several massive fights. They have plenty of time to level up before they have to fight that badass priest.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Inverse Icarus posted:

Nothing stops you, but you take a -4 when your mount double moves (also when it charges) and a -8 if it runs. There is no penalty if your mount makes a normal move.

You take the shots when the mount has completed half of it's move.

I can, as a matter of fact, read the mounted combat rules. What I had in mind was FAQs, unofficial rulings, and extraneous rules that imply otherwise. Obviously such a build would take Mounted Archery or at least four samurai levels to reduce the penalty.* Further, I think the best reading of the rules is that the penalties applied be based on the amount of movement expended rather than the action taken (i.e. if the mount moves up to its speed, no penalties; more than its speed but no more than twice its speed, -4; more than twice its speed, -8; cf. casting spells while mounted); thus, a short charge need not subject you to penalties.

*As an aside, compare the wording on the two:

Mounted Archery (feat) posted:

The penalty you take when using a ranged weapon while mounted is halved: –2 instead of –4 if your mount is taking a double move, and –4 instead of –8 if your mount is running.

Mounted Archer (samurai class feature) posted:

At 4th level, the samurai becomes skilled at firing ranged weapons while mounted. A samurai only takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls with ranged weapons while his mount takes a double move. This penalty increases to –4 while his mount is running.
For some reason Paizo elected not to simply grant Mounted Archery as a bonus feat. If intentional, this could be taken to mean that Paizo intended the abilities to stack. In terms of interpretation, this only requires reading the second half of Mounted Archery as explanatory or a reminder rather than as the rules text. I don't think that interpretation is, as the courts say, clearly erroneous (after all, if a samurai takes the feat, half of its text is necessarily wrong: either the penalty remains -2/-4 and is therefore not halved, or it is halved and therefore not -2/-4). Of course, the most likely answer is that they never considered the implications of making Mounted Archer a separate ability.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

thus, a short charge need not subject you to penalties.

I don't think the penalty should be based on the distance traveled, that seems silly. It should be based on the "violence" of the movement.

It seems to me that if your mount is gaining a statistical charge (+2 to hit, -2 to AC) then you have moved quickly/violently, even if it was only 20 feet.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Anyone here who has been running the new pirate AP? How good is it?

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Inverse Icarus posted:

I don't think the penalty should be based on the distance traveled, that seems silly. It should be based on the "violence" of the movement.

It seems to me that if your mount is gaining a statistical charge (+2 to hit, -2 to AC) then you have moved quickly/violently, even if it was only 20 feet.

This is a plausible interpretation, but it's certainly not mandated by the language. My impression, though, is that the system generally likes to use distance traveled as a surrogate for all that stuff. Consider the following text from the section on charging:

Movement During a Charge posted:

You must move before your attack, not after. You must move at least 10 feet (2 squares) and may move up to double your speed directly toward the designated opponent. If you move a distance equal to your speed or less, you can also draw a weapon during a charge attack if your base attack bonus is at least +1.
This suggests a sort of equivalence between a short charge and a single-move-plus-attack.

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib
I'm running a game of Pathfinder for some fairly new players, and one of them (who is an RPG player of fairly long standing) has come up with the idea of taking ranks in Craft [Weapons] so his gnomish sorcerer could create some bizarre gnomish weapons.

I am totally fine with this.

Now, however, we are working together to come up with some decent freakshow weapons. The basic concept for the first one is a lacrosse wicket with a morningstar ball attached to it by a length of elastic. Basically it is a Gnomish War Paddleball.

So it is a Small, two-handed martial melee bludgeoning Reach weapon. The special mechanical wrinkle of the proposed weapon is as follows:
* (this one the player is enthusiastic about but I'm a little iffy) on a natural 1 attack roll, the wielder has failed to effectively yank the ball back and loses his/her next turn doing so. I am afraid that this would make the weapon less fun to play, since 5% of the time it's resulting in a lost turn. Still, I would like to be able to allow some form of the weapon, and I'd rather do so by adhering to the player's design vision as nearly as possible, making up for the fact that this weapon basically now has the possibility of a critical failure by improving it in other areas (crit range, crit damage, base damage).

I was thinking that in light of the above, it would be okay for it to cost 90 gp retail; do 1d10 damage (S)/ N/A damage (M); 18-20/x3 critical; weigh in the neighborhood of 12 lbs., and have the Reach and Distracting specials (in addition to the critical failure mechanic).

Have I produced something useless? Should I change anything? I'm not sure how to do the math as far as balancing weapons goes. That said, one of the other PCs in this campaign is a cavalier, so at the current level of the characters, overcoming CAVALIER SUPREMACY in combat might be salutary. The party has two other gnomes, a rogue and a bard, so while they'd have to take Martial Weapon Proficiency as a feat to use the thing (as would the sorcerer), at least it wouldn't be a weapon that is effectively only available to one of the casters.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

An 18-20x3 two-handed bludgeoning weapon that deals 1d10 damage as a Small weapon would easily be one of the best weapons in the game, even with a catastrophic chance of failure.

For comparison, a Falchion is a two-handed Slashing weapon with an 18-20x2 crit attribute and deals 2d4 damage at Medium size.

Consider if he made it a Keen weapon. Assuming 18 str Fighter and Power Attack at level 5, he'd be dealing 3d10+30 whenever he rolls a 15 with the weapon. There isn't anything inherently bad about that, I like the idea of powerful weapons with neat effects, just something to be aware of.

Something that you should be a little wary of is losing a turn because of a single bad dice roll. I'm personally against putting people out of the game because of that, so it might be wise to tone that down a little bit. Maybe make it knock him prone or stagger him for one round if he rolls a 1?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Back in my old campagin, I tried to create an "undead killer" character who wielded a holy enchanted flail. My character was essetnially Simon Belmont from Castlevania, so I tried some kind of fighter/rogue hybrid and it didn't work.

I'm looking at the Inquisitor right now, and it looks like a good template to revive my "Vampire Killer" character, except they can't wield flails. Is there any way around this? Maybe if I gain weapon proficiency as a fighter or pick up a feat?

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Benny the Snake posted:

Back in my old campagin, I tried to create an "undead killer" character who wielded a holy enchanted flail. My character was essetnially Simon Belmont from Castlevania, so I tried some kind of fighter/rogue hybrid and it didn't work.

I'm looking at the Inquisitor right now, and it looks like a good template to revive my "Vampire Killer" character, except they can't wield flails. Is there any way around this? Maybe if I gain weapon proficiency as a fighter or pick up a feat?

I was going to say you could pick up the War Domain but I guess it turns out they chnaged it for Pathfinder.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Benny the Snake posted:

I think there's a trait that gives you proficiency in one Military weapon, too, though I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Heirloom Weapon would be an interesting trait to pick.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
It requires the weapon be non-masterwork though, and so it can never become magical.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Danhenge posted:

It requires the weapon be non-masterwork though, and so it can never become magical.

You could always hire a Druid to change that for you.

you probably don't want to do this.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Benny the Snake posted:

Of the Good Deities, Milani favors the Morningstar and Arshea the flail. Both are minor deities, Arshea moreso than Milani, but you do gain proficiency in your deity's favored weapon as an Inquisitor, so this is one way to avoid the feat tax of Martial Weapon Proficiency without multiclassing.

Edit: Also what's so bad about paying for Masterwork Transformation? As a level 2 spell cast by a 3rd level wizard it only costs 60 gp plus the normal cost of a Masterwork Weapon. And it's instantaneous so no worrying about dispelling or duration running out. This is a pretty small price to pay to get proficiency with a weapon you want.

I don't really like the "revision" to masterwork weapon that makes it kind of a crummy trait but, it's not the worst way to go.

grah fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 24, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Nothing wrong with it, there's probably just a more elegant solution to the problem. My GM rules that we could upgrade a weapon to Masterwork by paying the difference in cost. He might want to consider asking his GM about it.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 24, 2012

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

grah posted:

Of the Good Deities, Milani favors the Morningstar and Arshea the flail. Both are minor deities, Arshea moreso than Milani, but you do gain proficiency in your deity's favored weapon as an Inquisitor, so this is one way to avoid the feat tax of Martial Weapon Proficiency without multiclassing.
Yeah, I think I'll go the Arshea route with the strength domain. Thanks.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Hey is there a Pathfinder print magazine out there?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Benny the Snake posted:

Hey is there a Pathfinder print magazine out there?

Kobold Quarterly has Pathfinder coverage, but it literally billed itself until issue 18 (current issue: 21) as "The Switzerland of the Edition Wars", so there's almost as much 4e crap as Pathfinder. And now AGE seems to be overtaking 4e, but still, not a pure Pathfinder mag.

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 25, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

I think I figured out how to make Firearms work, but it involves Paladins, Two-Weapon Fighting, the Mysterious Stranger alternate class, and a whole lot of rules bending.

That said, being able to drop 1d8+20 four times a round with Manyshot, Rapid Shot and TWF is pretty sweet.

CB_Tube_Knight
May 11, 2011

Red Head Enthusiast

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I think I figured out how to make Firearms work, but it involves Paladins, Two-Weapon Fighting, the Mysterious Stranger alternate class, and a whole lot of rules bending.

That said, being able to drop 1d8+20 four times a round with Manyshot, Rapid Shot and TWF is pretty sweet.

I was just hunting for a game to try the gunslinger class out in, every DM/GM I see says they don't want guns in the game because it breaks everything or it doesn't fit the flavor of the setting (the latter I totally understand). But your gun-Paladin has piqued my interests...

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

The Lawful Good, the Chaotic Evil, and the Charisma Dump.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

CB_Tube_Knight posted:

I was just hunting for a game to try the gunslinger class out in, every DM/GM I see says they don't want guns in the game because it breaks everything or it doesn't fit the flavor of the setting (the latter I totally understand). But your gun-Paladin has piqued my interests...

It's easier than it seems, but you need a pair of one-handed Firearms. Revolvers are ideal, but they're expensive as hell unless you make your own. Thankfully, the Mysterious Stranger alternate class gets Gunsmith as a free Feat at first level. This is good, because you're only going to want one level of it. Mysterious Stranger is probably one of the best Gunslinger archetypes, since it shifts the stat focus from Wisdom over to Charisma - gives you Grit based on Cha, and a Deed that lets you add your Charisma Bonus to your Damage. It costs a Grit point and a Swift Action, but it applies to all your Firearm attacks for that round, so it's a significant bonus.

After that, you take Paladin levels from then on, taking Ranged Full Attack Smite Feats as appropriate. The rules are hazy about Revolvers being Light weapons for the purposes of TWF, but if your GM knows anything about Westerns, he'll be OK with hand-waving that away. Manyshot and Rapid Shot only count towards the main-hand weapon, so you'll probably need to pick up Rapid Reload (Revolvers) at some point.

If you're feeling adventurous, consider the Divine Hunter Paladin Archetype. You trade Heavy Armor Proficiency for Precise Shot and a few other Paladin Auras for "shooter auras" of varying usefulness.

The hilarious part is that, even resolving against Touch AC, you're still only looking at a +2 or +4 to hit when you pile on all the adjustments from Manyshot/Rapid Shot/TWF/Deadly Aim. It's an incredibly Feat-hungry build, and there's no garuntee that it won't be outdone by the Archer Fighter with a +12 str Composite Longbow at later levels, but at least you can say you could be a Divinely Inspired Gunfighter.

Speaking of which, stay far away from the Holy Gun archetype.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

It's too bad the scattergun rules are absolutely awful (cone attack that hits everything? Really?). While probably much less effective then your gun paladin build, I like the idea of a armoured half-orc running at the enemy with a blunderbuss, making someone go pop, and then mauling their friends.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

kannonfodder posted:

cone attack that hits everything? Really?

How is it different from any Wizard's cone?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

If you're feeling adventurous, consider the Divine Hunter Paladin Archetype. You trade Heavy Armor Proficiency for Precise Shot and a few other Paladin Auras for "shooter auras" of varying usefulness.

Very much worth it. I just got done with a Divine Hunter Paladin/Ranger level 8 beast, and it works very, very well. Of course, it helps that my DM kept throwing us against Evil Outsiders, Evil Undead and Evil Dragons every week.....

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Mortanis posted:

Very much worth it. I just got done with a Divine Hunter Paladin/Ranger level 8 beast, and it works very, very well. Of course, it helps that my DM kept throwing us against Evil Outsiders, Evil Undead and Evil Dragons every week.....

I'm wary of giving up Fear and Charm immunity for a few auras of middling use - most Ranged characters my party plays with take Precise Shot almost immediately, so it does them no good to stand in a firing line with the Hunter. Having such a low range increment hurts as well - 20ft puts you directly into combat, although Distance Divine Bond helps alleviate that somewhat. I'll play around with it. It sounds kinda bad on paper, but in practice it might be pretty good.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I'm playing a ranged rogue right now. I'm considering working towards the Shadowdancer prestige class, but I'm not sure if it's meant for ranged. From what I can see, it's much more of a melee oriented prestige class. My main mode of combat is sniping (stealth, sneak attack, stealth, sneak attack, etc.) Would this be viable for my style of rogue? Would I be able to deny my opponent's dex thru jumping in and out of shadows at range?

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm playing a ranged rogue right now. I'm considering working towards the Shadowdancer prestige class, but I'm not sure if it's meant for ranged. From what I can see, it's much more of a melee oriented prestige class. My main mode of combat is sniping (stealth, sneak attack, stealth, sneak attack, etc.) Would this be viable for my style of rogue? Would I be able to deny my opponent's dex thru jumping in and out of shadows at range?

Well obviously Hide in Plain Sight complements any stealth build very nicely. Your sneak attack will stop progressing as a Shadowdancer though, so, do you have some other way to do damage or be effective in combat? Do you have the Charisma score to take full advantage of the Shadowdancer's Spell-likes?

If not, you might just want to dip a level or two into Shadowdancer. Hide in Plain Sight is truly excellent, as "within 10 feet of an area of dim light" is a whole lot of places. Evasion will be redundant for you but Darkvision is nice if you don't already have it.

So basically, Shadowdancer can be really cool and it certainly works well with stealth, but without knowing the specifics of your build its hard to say if it's a "good idea" or not for your character.

Edit: Also as a Rogue, a level dip in Shadowdancer will really make you start feeling that crappy Will save.

grah fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 27, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

Hide in Plain Sight was added as an Advanced Rogue Talent in Ultimate Combat, but only with regards to a single Terrain, like the Ranger's Favoured Terrain. It's actually kind of terrible if your party changes settings often.

With a literal reading of the rules, you can Snipe someone from at least 10 ft., then immediately attempt to drop back into Stealth at a -20. What people usually miss, however, is that you can attempt a Stealth check when you have Concealment of any kind, which makes Wind Stance pretty funny if you move around a lot.

Taking a level in Shadowdancer might be the best option, though.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Inverse Icarus posted:

How is it different from any Wizard's cone?

Because that isn't even slightly close to how shotguns work. I was more annoyed with the fact that they made scatterguns have a cone, I understand that all cones hit everything (not sure why I mentioned that in my other post). But that is why we made house rules for "realistic" scatter weapons, vaguely based off of the d20 Modern rule system.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

So, we've got someone in our group wanting to run the Skulls & Shackes adventure path. I'm totally stoked, because fuckin pirates yeah

I want to try to make a character who's full support. Roleplay-wise I want them to be the type that brings the group (who will most likely consist of piratical jerks) "together", but has a crunchy aspect that truly reflects this. I was looking at Cavalier, taking Order of the Dragon, and going Musketeer archetype because that's more suited to the particular setting.

Would anyone be able to offer any advice, though, on how to maximize such a character's group-buffing aspect? I like the direction that the Order and Tactician bonuses take, and I'm considering having them multiclass into Bard (taking the "Daredevil" archetype so that everyone around them becomes instantly more swashbuckling) for even more group-focused benefits.

But, my min-maxing skills as such things go are off, and I have truly never tried playing a character focused that way before in any game edition, so if anyone has any suggestions on how best to build such a character would be (or even whether Bard or Cavalier is genuinely the best choice), that'd be fantastic.

CB_Tube_Knight
May 11, 2011

Red Head Enthusiast

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

It's easier than it seems, but you need a pair of one-handed Firearms. Revolvers are ideal, but they're expensive as hell unless you make your own. Thankfully, the Mysterious Stranger alternate class gets Gunsmith as a free Feat at first level. This is good, because you're only going to want one level of it. Mysterious Stranger is probably one of the best Gunslinger archetypes, since it shifts the stat focus from Wisdom over to Charisma - gives you Grit based on Cha, and a Deed that lets you add your Charisma Bonus to your Damage. It costs a Grit point and a Swift Action, but it applies to all your Firearm attacks for that round, so it's a significant bonus.

After that, you take Paladin levels from then on, taking Ranged Full Attack Smite Feats as appropriate. The rules are hazy about Revolvers being Light weapons for the purposes of TWF, but if your GM knows anything about Westerns, he'll be OK with hand-waving that away. Manyshot and Rapid Shot only count towards the main-hand weapon, so you'll probably need to pick up Rapid Reload (Revolvers) at some point.

The hilarious part is that, even resolving against Touch AC, you're still only looking at a +2 or +4 to hit when you pile on all the adjustments from Manyshot/Rapid Shot/TWF/Deadly Aim. It's an incredibly Feat-hungry build, and there's no garuntee that it won't be outdone by the Archer Fighter with a +12 str Composite Longbow at later levels, but at least you can say you could be a Divinely Inspired Gunfighter.

Speaking of which, stay far away from the Holy Gun archetype.

Yeah the Holy Gun doesn't seem good at all.

I was going to go Pistolero...but you might have convinced me otherwise.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

CB_Tube_Knight posted:

Yeah the Holy Gun doesn't seem good at all.

I was going to go Pistolero...but you might have convinced me otherwise.

If you're going pure Gunslinger, Pistolero is arguably the better archetype, but for level dipping, especially if you're a class that already uses Charisma (Sorcerers, Paladins), then Mysterious Stranger offers more to you just starting out.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

grah posted:

So basically, Shadowdancer can be really cool and it certainly works well with stealth, but without knowing the specifics of your build its hard to say if it's a "good idea" or not for your character.
I've got it on a .pdf. Is there any way I can post it here on the forums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

Benny the Snake posted:

I've got it on a .pdf. Is there any way I can post it here on the forums?

Google docs can probably handle this