Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

whowhatwhere posted:

Nobody seems to twig onto her other than Cersei, who's paranoid and jealous, and might be making it all up; there's a <1% chance that she really is some "perfect" innocent, virginal queen with no ambition or cunning in her.
I'd say it's the latter; Cersei is insane after all. She has people tortured until they "confess" exactly what she wants to hear and then she takes their statements as truth. Not to mention being petty, vindictive and operating under the assumption that everyone is just like her. I'm not saying Margaery is another Sansa, but there's no reason to think she's a manipulator behind the scenes or that she actually did anything untoward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I think she's innocent of the charges Cersei's laid upon her, but that she definitely plays the game well.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It's hard to tell how much is Margaery and how much is the Queen of Thorns.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I can't wait until GRRM's ghostwriters give us a Tyrell perspective in TWoW that describes the horrific onset of winter from the "idyllic" Highgarden and everyone praises it for being so subversive when it's so obvious a semi-literate idiot like myself could intuit it.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

mind the walrus posted:

I can't wait until GRRM's ghostwriters give us a Tyrell perspective in TWoW that describes the horrific onset of winter from the "idyllic" Highgarden and everyone praises it for being so subversive when it's so obvious a semi-literate idiot like myself could intuit it.
They could use Myrcella for that. Although a chapter from her POV would probably just consist mostly of her asking every person she meets "What did you say?", "Beg pardon?" and "I can't hear you..."

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Junkenstein posted:

Yeah. The Queen of Thorns is the one that seems to be pulling all the strings. Margaery was able to figure out that Cersei is the one framing her so she does have brains but there's no real evidence of her manipulating things by herself.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Margaery's being made the string-puller in the series to eliminate the need for the Queen of Thorns, I fear. :smith:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Joramun posted:

They could use Myrcella for that. Although a chapter from her POV would probably just consist mostly of her asking every person she meets "What did you say?", "Beg pardon?" and "I can't hear you..."

The Winds of Winter, ch. 37

Myrcella (excerpt)

"Hodor", the giant stable boy said.

"What?", asked the princess.

"Hodor."

"What?"

"Hodor."

"Excuse me?"

"Hodor."

"Beg pardon?"

"Hodor."

"I'm sorry. You see I have difficulty hearing."

"Hodor."

"Say again?"

"Hodor."

"Perhaps if you write it for me."

"Hodor Hodor Hodor", he says, shaking his head.

"Here, let me get you a quill and some parchment."

"Hodor", he sighed.

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
And that would be the chapter with the most plot progression.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Factor_VIII posted:

Yeah. The Queen of Thorns is the one that seems to be pulling all the strings. Margaery was able to figure out that Cersei is the one framing her so she does have brains but there's no real evidence of her manipulating things by herself.

We think the characters are being combined in the show.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Smashurbanipal posted:

The guy playing Tywin

...CHARLES DANCE.

CHARLES. MOTHERFUCKING. DANCE. (WITH DRAGONS.)

God, it's like being unaware who Lance Henriksen is...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

...CHARLES DANCE.

The bicyclist with one ball?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

...CHARLES DANCE.

Who?

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Tony Danza Claus posted:

The bicyclist with one ball?

No, that was Neil Armstrong.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

IRQ posted:

Who?
Oh my sweet summer child.

Live and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_84ootBG918

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Urdnot Fire posted:

Margaery's being made the string-puller in the series to eliminate the need for the Queen of Thorns, I fear. :smith:

Seems like the most reasonable explanation for turning her into the master manipulator.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Joramun posted:

Oh my sweet summer child.

Live and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_84ootBG918

Motherfucking Ian Holm was not in Aliens.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Wolfechu posted:

No, that was Neil Armstrong.

The guy who said "My sweet" at the end of Mass Effect 3?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Urdnot Fire posted:

The guy who said "My sweet" at the end of Mass Effect 3?

That was Louis C.K.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
No it wasn't it was Alan Shepard who was one of the original cosmonauts you prole.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SpaceMost posted:

No it wasn't it was Alan Shepard who was one of the original cosmonauts you prole.

The 70's funk band that wrote "(She's a) Brick House"?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Rob Zombie was not in a 70's funk band, nuncle.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I hate to interrupt this discussion with something book-related, but I found this amusing:

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Junkenstein posted:

Clearly Margaery is a witless idiot ala Hodor and the Queen of Thorns just wargs into her to be extra sneaky. Some day we need to make a big chart of who's secretly wargin' who.

:ms:

Seriously though, Jamie being Azor Ahai is a pretty good possibility, since it seems that he and Cersei are likely secret targs thanks to Aerys having his way with their mom on her wedding night. Since Rhaegar was probably supposed to be AA, the whole series seems to be about which of his relatives will end up taking up the mantle since Fat Robert killed him. Dany, his sister? Jon, his son? Jamie, his half-brother? Hell, maybe even Cersei.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Sexpansion posted:

Seems like the most reasonable explanation for turning her into the master manipulator.

Maybe the Queen of Thorns taught her well? Oh, who am I kidding, Margery and her stupid twisty face are all we're getting.

Ros and the other whore should've ran while Joff was loading his crossbow. I spent that whole minute waving my hands in the air and yelling, "Run you stupid bitches! Bash his head in with the scepter and run! Whatever he's planning, this isn't going to get better!"

Alas, yet another character missed an opportunity to kill the gently caress out of Joffrey.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Urdnot Fire posted:

"Always going on about climate change"

:master: Just wonderful.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Urdnot Fire posted:

I hate to interrupt this discussion with something book-related, but I found this amusing:

This is beautiful. "Came up from the rear"

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER

empty sea posted:

Ros and the other whore should've ran while Joff was loading his crossbow. I spent that whole minute waving my hands in the air and yelling, "Run you stupid bitches! Bash his head in with the scepter and run! Whatever he's planning, this isn't going to get better!"

Alas, yet another character missed an opportunity to kill the gently caress out of Joffrey.

Uhh hate to break it to you, but he daaaaaaaaid.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

empty sea posted:

Maybe the Queen of Thorns taught her well? Oh, who am I kidding, Margery and her stupid twisty face are all we're getting.

I don't think that would have worked out very well for them. Even under the most liberal interpretation of what happened, doing that would have made sure they would die. They could flee I guess, but that seems to go against whatever plan Ros has. Granted her big plan is to be a high society whore (which doesn't grant her much prestige or safety, but it is probably all she can get) but its still her goal.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 25, 2012

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

thornghost posted:

Clearly Margaery is a witless idiot ala Hodor and the Queen of Thorns just wargs into her to be extra sneaky. Some day we need to make a big chart of who's secretly wargin' who.

:ms:

Seriously though, Jamie being Azor Ahai is a pretty good possibility, since it seems that he and Cersei are likely secret targs thanks to Aerys having his way with their mom on her wedding night. Since Rhaegar was probably supposed to be AA, the whole series seems to be about which of his relatives will end up taking up the mantle since Fat Robert killed him. Dany, his sister? Jon, his son? Jamie, his half-brother? Hell, maybe even Cersei.

So the predisposition to incest would be hereditary. Interesting...

I would actually love it if grrm unceremoniously killed Dany and had Jaime, Cersei, and Tyrion wind up with the dragons.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

This is beautiful. "Came up from the rear"

The Renly Surge.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Martin Van Buren posted:

So the predisposition to incest would be hereditary. Interesting...

I would actually love it if grrm unceremoniously killed Dany and had Jaime, Cersei, and Tyrion wind up with the dragons.
A strong wind blows her off Drogon while she's crossing the sea and she's never seen again.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

SpaceMost posted:

A strong wind blows her off Drogon while she's crossing the sea and she's never seen again.
But a few chapters later it turns out it was a fakeout, she actually fell right onto the deck of Victarion's ship, which conveniently just happened to be sailing right there below her.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Joramun posted:

But a few chapters later it turns out it was a fakeout, she actually fell right onto the deck of Victarion's ship, which conveniently just happened to be sailing right there below her.

She then insists Vic take her back to Meereen.

Hallgerd
Dec 10, 2011

Urdnot Fire posted:

She then insists Vic take her back to Meereen.

Where she marries him, but the Dusky Woman tries to poison her and she flies off on the back of...

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Hallgerd posted:

Where she marries him, but the Dusky Woman tries to poison her and she flies off on the back of...

Pretty Pig, who can now fly seeing as the prophecy of Winds of Winter being written "when pigs fly" has been fulfilled.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Meanwhile, back at the Wall, Lord Commander Dolorous Edd holds vigil over Jon Snow. Ghost approaches D. Edd with a very noticeable direredrocket.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I wonder if bestiality is too much even for the gurm

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

El Hefe posted:

I wonder if bestiality is too much even for the gurm
Before anyone goes all "Oh my sweet summer child" on you, Philosoraptor wants to know if it is really bestiality if a human being has warged into the participant?