Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp
Loved the last episode of Young Justice, they've really pulled it back :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Silky, the killer mutant silkworm that Starfire adopted adopted, made a cameo in the Teen Titans DC nation short today, as an air ship in the final shot of the future.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked Starfire reacting to the 80s version of her costume. Also the DC 1 Million shout out at the end.

Kind of weird how GL just keeps dancing around the subject of the yellow fear energy though.

Binaroid
May 4, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

I liked Starfire reacting to the 80s version of her costume. Also the DC 1 Million shout out at the end.
DC One Million and Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone; they used Derrick Wyatt's redesigns of the characters.

quote:

Kind of weird how GL just keeps dancing around the subject of the yellow fear energy though.

Probably building up for the two-parter when Sinestro shows up and decides to go into business for himself.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Binaroid posted:

DC One Million and Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone; they used Derrick Wyatt's redesigns of the characters.

You know it's an American media when they use the word lass to formally describe somebody and nobody is shown to feel really, really awkward about it like when the pilot accidentally calls out the wrong destination on an airline.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Jesus, I did not expect Young Justice to have Speedy turn out to be a Cadmus clone and the real one in a status pod, missing an arm(?)

muscles like this? posted:

I guess they're going to introduce all the various Lanterns as new concepts. What's his face seemed to hint at something like that in the Mogo episode when speaking with Razor.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Don't forget that next week, Young Justice becomes Young Justice: Invasion.

The first villain to pay a visit will be Lobo.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Mister Kingdom posted:

Don't forget that next week, Young Justice becomes Young Justice: Invasion.

The first villain to pay a visit will be Lobo.

Ah crap, is this going to screw my DVR?

Edit: The answer is yes. It did. Thanks for the heads up.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
About this week's EMH. Was the head lady of S.W.O.R.D. a Skrull? She said she wasn't human but I don't know anything about S.W.O.R.D. so I don't know.

Ultimate Spider-man is getting better but I think I realized why I'm not entirely liking it. I kind of feel Spider-man is a bit incompetent. He can be a little obnoxious which I like but he hardly gets the job done without screwing up. However having a non serious show does allow Spider-ham and The Super Hero Squad Show cameos. Also during the commercials, they were having a Iron Fist feature talking about his powers and they showed him fighting Taskmaster! :woop:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

i like tacos posted:

About this week's EMH. Was the head lady of S.W.O.R.D. a Skrull? She said she wasn't human but I don't know anything about S.W.O.R.D. so I don't know.

I haven't seen the episode yet but if the holder of that position is still Agent Brand aka Green-Hair-And-Glasses then she's a human/alien hybrid, but not a skrull.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

i like tacos posted:

Also during the commercials, they were having a Iron Fist feature talking about his powers and they showed him fighting Taskmaster! :woop:

Good news, the previews for the next episode looks like it's gonna have that very person show up!

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

Nilbop posted:

I haven't seen the episode yet but if the holder of that position is still Agent Brand aka Green-Hair-And-Glasses then she's a human/alien hybrid, but not a skrull.

Thanks! That's the one.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Good news, the previews for the next episode looks like it's gonna have that very person show up!

Yay! I can't find the previews online sadly. I do see Wikipedia says Wolverine is going to cameo in a few episodes. The description makes it seem like it will be a fun episode.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I don't know if I can watch Ultimate Spider-Man anymore, it's just too spastic for me. I enjoy humor in my superhero cartoons, hell I loved Teen Titans and Brave and the Bold, but it's like USM was written by and for people with ADD, not to mention the only characters that aren't blisteringly irritating are Luke Cage and Iron Fist. I'm also having trouble taking a Tom Kenny Doc Ock as a serious threat.

As for EMH, a good episode if not the best, but a major plot advancement one. Brand was awesome, and getting the actress that voiced Major Kusanagi with her exasperated no-bullshit tone was inspired. Any ideas on who the guy in the cell looking back at Ms. Marvel was? I couldn't make out any distinguishing features with the energy gate in the way.

I really hope the rumors that EMH is getting replaced with a USM-style show aren't true, but it is Loeb, so...
They've got something really good on their hands and I know that jackanape is gonna gently caress it up.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 23, 2012

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Sanschel posted:

I don't know if I can watch Ultimate Spider-Man anymore, it's just too spastic for me. I enjoy humor in my superhero cartoons, hell I loved Teen Titans and Brave and the Bold, but it's like USM was written by and for people with ADD, not to mention the only characters that aren't blisteringly irritating are Luke Cage and Iron Fist. I'm also having trouble taking a Tom Kenny Doc Ock as a serious threat.

As for EMH, a good episode if not the best, but a major plot advancement one. Brand was awesome, and getting the actress that voiced Major Kusanagi with her exasperated no-bullshit tone was inspired. Any ideas on who the guy in the cell looking back at Ms. Marvel was? I couldn't make out any distinguishing features with the energy gate in the way.

I really hope the rumors that EMH is getting replaced with a USM-style show aren't true, but it is Loeb, so...
They've got something really good on their hands and I know that jackanape is gonna gently caress it up.

I agree with the Ultimate Spider-man part but I'm going to give it some chance. They're starting to tone it down a bit but it's still trying to knock you in the head with it's jokes that just fall flat.
I'm pretty sure that was Kang without armor but I'm not so sure either.
I hope it doesn't happen too. EMH is way better than Ult. Spider-man and even though it's a pretty serious show, I find it a lot funnier than Ult. Spider-man.

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp
Green Lantern just gets more and more ridiculous (and not in a good way).

Attrocitus is the big bad they should all be scared of and yet Razor defeats him handily and several of his goons. He's killed your family (personally) and the entire planet to boot so you hesistate to slice his head off in a split second because?

Attrocitus knows that the Red Power rings are powered by hate, so he decides to...make his opponent angry by taunting him during battle :what:

Maybe it's aimed at 9-10 year olds and I should stop watching.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Haha. Bendis' first episode, and the introduction of Wolverine to the series, is going to be a sort of retelling of the Jump the Shark storyline from the Ultimate Spider-Man comic.

I had a feeling that was going to happen, and I'm glad my hunch was correct.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

i like tacos posted:

Ultimate Spider-man is getting better but I think I realized why I'm not entirely liking it. I kind of feel Spider-man is a bit incompetent. He can be a little obnoxious which I like but he hardly gets the job done without screwing up. However having a non serious show does allow Spider-ham and The Super Hero Squad Show cameos. Also during the commercials, they were having a Iron Fist feature talking about his powers and they showed him fighting Taskmaster! :woop:

I guess it is partly because of the team-aspect. If he was competent the whole team would feel even more superficial than it is now. Yeah, I'm not a fan of the team-thing. Hero team-ups seem to me a better way than putting Spidey into a super-hero team and then have the team show up in his school the whole time too.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Sanschel posted:

it's like USM was written by and for people with ADD

Sounds like I'll be adding this to my DVR.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Alright, USM has Taskmaster next week. If a show featuring Taskmaster can't win me over, I don't think anything it does will.

In other show news, I am really digging Young Justice, which is never something I thought I'd be saying back when they went on their endless hiatus. The last episode did feel a little rushed ("Oh no, the Justice League's possessed, good thing we whipped up a cure in all of five minutes off-screen!"), but man, that Robin/Superboy vs. Batman/Superman fight was pretty drat rad.

Oh, and Avengers was awesome, but I don't think that needs reiterating.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fox has greenlit an Axe Cop cartoon.http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/foxs-saturday-late-night-animated-block-greenlights-first-series/

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

I feel like this will only work if Malachai is the narrator

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zeeman posted:

I feel like this will only work if Malachai is the narrator
I...didn't think that. But now I do. And will almost certainly be disappointed. Thanks.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm really not sure how to feel about Ultimate Spider-Man. On one hand, it's loving beautifully animated and honestly kind of creative. On the other hand, the humour gets incredibly obnoxious and I'm not at all sure what they're going for, tonally. It's all over the place, but mostly it just seems like Saved By the Bell with superheroes.

I'd probably be more appreciative if they hadn't cancelled Spectacular Spider-Man, which was a way better show - thus far.

Avengers is really good, though. Even if it looks like the animation took a hit compared to last season. Really glad they brought in Ms. Marvel as a part of the team, she's awesome.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm really not sure how to feel about Ultimate Spider-Man. On one hand, it's loving beautifully animated and honestly kind of creative. On the other hand, the humour gets incredibly obnoxious and I'm not at all sure what they're going for, tonally. It's all over the place, but mostly it just seems like Saved By the Bell with superheroes.

I'd probably be more appreciative if they hadn't cancelled Spectacular Spider-Man, which was a way better show - thus far.

Avengers is really good, though. Even if it looks like the animation took a hit compared to last season. Really glad they brought in Ms. Marvel as a part of the team, she's awesome.

I'm always glad of more Jennifer Hale, and the team did need more estrogen. But I was more impressed with the SWORD stuff, to be honest. It felt a bit like an unpublished Kieron Gillen script in those scenes.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
So, looking around it seemed like illicitly downloading this episode was going to be such a pain in the rear end, I went ahead and bought it off Amazon. drat, their service is loving easy to use! It's easier than watching poo poo for FREE on most sites. Single-click, bam.

I bought the SD version, not realizing there was a separate HD entry, but no regrets there. It's still really nice quality, it must be 480p. And since it's all smooth shading it doesn't matter much anyway. I'm very tempted to just buy a season pass for $1.89/episode, but $40-$50 for the season is a bit much, especially for SD... even for the early watching convenience.

Anyway, fantastic episode. Cosmic stuff is always awesome. Ronan came off sufficiently bad-rear end, though it would have been fun to see a Thor face-off, Hammer-v-Hammer. When they show him in jail at the end I actually felt nervous FOR THE HUMANS. Like, "Oh man, that's not a good idea! Don't you know who he is?"

Him and the other Kree did great at jobbing for Danvers, too. Team definitely will benefit from a hard-rear end military bitch like her, she's always been one of my favorites of that type. Though on that note, it just reminds me how god damned awesome a Thunderbolts show would be by this show. :woop: Songbird :woop:

I wonder how much all the character design stuff costs? Seems like there are about half a dozen new characters in every episode, along with various other new stuff like mooks and environments. Maybe that's why they shoot for a fairly simple animation style. If that's the case, it definitely works for me.

I mean, poo poo, in this episode alone we got Ronan, Ms. Marvel, Gyrich, Brand, and Sydren (who I had to look up), along with a variety of SWORD and Kree forces, and Damocles and various Kree ships. Some of that poo poo was fairly detailed, too. For instance, there were some sort of various rank or station insignia on some of the Kree soldiers, like the Mustache Commander. (snicker)

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 25, 2012

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Working on a local show's been kicking my rear end, so I only just saw the new EMH. Henry Gyrich is depicted wonderfully as a sleazy politicking rear end. The one thing the show was missing, an absolutely horrid human being that the heroes can't just punch repeatedly.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

XboxPants posted:

Some of that poo poo was fairly detailed, too. For instance, there were some sort of various rank or station insignia on some of the Kree soldiers, like the Mustache Commander. (snicker)

That guy is my new favorite character.

Also, why are you guys using spoilers? The episode aired on national television 3 days ago. It's out there in the wild.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also Brand would so punch Gyrich. Repeatedly.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I'm just hoping they don't turn Maria Hill into a complete Nazi like she was in Civil War.

(Unless she's been replaced by a Skrull, in which case, that'd be fine)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Can somebody remind me where Cap is, or do we not know yet?

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Lobok posted:

Can somebody remind me where Cap is, or do we not know yet?

The last time we saw him, he was getting shot by Cap-Skrull in last year's season finale. Hopefully we'll see him soon, I want to see him and Invisible Woman and Viper bust poo poo up behind enemy lines

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I bet the Skrull have a copy of the shield, which was for their agent. The whole energy bracelet thing has to be building to the real Cap appearing with the real thing.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I bet the Skrull have a copy of the shield, which was for their agent. The whole energy bracelet thing has to be building to the real Cap appearing with the real thing.

The real thing was broken by Loki, Cap was looking at his reflection in one of the shards when he got taken out.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
There's a kickstarter for Grimm Fairy Tales. Zenescope is pretty aggressive at trying to get this project through and have a lot of good people lined up for voice acting and a good animation team. I know it's a bit of a foreign concept to pay for tv shows, given Hulu and Youtube, but in case any of you wanted to help fund a cartoon, here's your chance.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/212378023/grimm-fairy-tales-animated-series

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
For those who missed it here is the preview for Young Justice: Invasion, aka season 2. Obviously, spoilers ahead.

On the cosmetic side, Superboy seems to have slightly longer sleeves and black gloves, M'gann shape shifts her hair into a shorter cut, and Robin has an all new costume, complete with no cape.

As far as new members, we see Merboy (who?) Blue Beetle (Jaime), Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark), and Beast Boy. There's also a shot of Batgirl (Barbara Gordon, who was introduced way back in season 1), but she looks much older. It seems to be from a "flash forward" episode, as there are also shots of Nightwing.

Pointless speculation time!

The trailer probably only shows the first couple episodes of the season, so it's probably nothing, but there's no sight of the other members of the team. No Kid Flash, Aqualad, Artemis, Zatana, or Rocket. Since the series is definitely going through a time-skip, Aqualad who is the oldest, might be old enough to qualify for Justice League membership. Another possibility is that Barry-Flash dies, and Wally has to take over. Maybe we'll even see Bart at some point?

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 26, 2012

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Finally finished off the Young Justice on my Tivo; I really felt like the last two episodes could have been merged into one storyline and padded out to a three-parter. They both felt really rushed, with so much of the slow burn stuff from an entire season suddenly exploding all at once. Still, it wasn't awful and the fight scenes were top notch. Arsenal vs Red Arrow is gonna be a hell of a thing.

Maybe it was just me, but the ending hookups between everyone on the team (except Wolf and the Super Cycle which, uh, let's not go there) seemed a bit much. Yes, yes, teenagers and raging hormones, but it reminded me too much of that old SNL sketch where the Brady Bunch kids reveal they're all couples.

Reinanigans posted:

For those who missed it here is the preview for Young Justice: Invasion, aka season 2. Obviously, spoilers ahead.

On the cosmetic side, Superboy seems to have slightly longer sleeves and black gloves, M'gann shape shifts her hair into a shorter cut, and Robin has an all new costume, complete with no cape.

As far as new members, we see Merboy (who?) Blue Beetle (Jaime), Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark), and Beast Boy. There's also a shot of Batgirl (Barbara Gordon, who was introduced way back in season 1), but she looks much older. It seems to be from a "flash forward" episode, as there are also shots of Nightwing.

Pointless speculation time!

The trailer probably only shows the first couple episodes of the season, so it's probably nothing, but there's no sight of the other members of the team. No Kid Flash, Aqualad, Artemis, Zatana, or Rocket. Since the series is definitely going through a time-skip, Aqualad who is the oldest, might be old enough to qualify for Justice League membership. Another possibility is that Barry-Flash dies, and Wally has to take over. Maybe we'll even see Bart at some point?

Merboy looks to be late teens Lagoon Lad. I hope everything doesn't get changed too much; I'd hate for all the characters that've grown on me to suddenly disappear, even if that means getting Jaime in return.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sanschel posted:

Merboy looks to be late teens Lagoon Lad. I hope everything doesn't get changed too much; I'd hate for all the characters that've grown on me to suddenly disappear, even if that means getting Jaime in return.

We both got his name wrong! Haha, it's Lagoon Boy. Eh, close enough.

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
Luke Cage and Iron Fist are going to appear in this Sunday's episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes: http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=805.

varlet
Feb 10, 2010

I would use every crayon in my box

waggles posted:

Luke Cage and Iron Fist are going to appear in this Sunday's episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes: http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=805.

:allears:

I don't know what it is about this show, but I wish it would never end because I'm a little in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
All I am seeing is that Pym is back. :neckbeard:

• Locked thread