Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I can't believe they're not coming to Canada. Guess it's finally time to make that trip to New York...

edit: plans are made to see them in Chicago!

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
They put on a good show last year. They did a 2 day set. First was Chombichrist, 2nd day was IoC. I thought that was pretty cool. If you can make it, its worth it. I'll probably be at the Denver one.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Hurrah, Combichrist are in Nottingham in June!:pervert:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
So Ministry is touring:

June 17 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
June 21 - Los Angeles, CA @ Club Nokia
June 23 - New York, NY @ Best Buy Theater
June 28 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic Theatre
June 29 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic Theatre

Tickets in Denver are... $70? :eyepop:

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Poor Ministry.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
"Ministry are touring again" is the first thing I've heard about Ministry lately that doesn't include some variation on "I miss Ministry and wish they'd stop".

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Icon of Coil? In San Francisco!?

gently caress.

YES.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Bat has made almost the entire Xorcist discography available for public download.

quote:

April 2012: GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENT

As of today, quite a bit of the XORCIST back catalog (minus Insects & Angels which is still licensed to Metropolis for the moment) including both the XENON and DIODE FETISH side projects are available for PUBLIC DOWNLOAD. I've even thrown on my old PPG 2.3/EVU/Waveterm noodling on there as well.
I've explained my reasons on the website. I encourage everyone to check it out, download, tell your friends, etc.

Additional releases will be posted as they become available.

Enjoy.

Bat

So cool. I love Xorcist.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Secks posted:

Bat has made almost the entire Xorcist discography available for public download.

Amazing.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Secks posted:

So cool. I love Xorcist.

How does one convert cd images to something current? I'm not planning on burning these on cd or mounting them as virtual images. Foobar can't open them as is and I haven't dealt with CD's/images in years.

W424 fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 27, 2012

Zaiquiri
Mar 14, 2007
What's a good starting point for Xorcist? I've been meaning to get into them for a while.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Zaiquiri posted:

What's a good starting point for Xorcist? I've been meaning to get into them for a while.

Nomad is my favourite Xorcist album.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

W424 posted:

I'm not planning on burning these on cd or mounting them as virtual images.

The stuff that's cue/bin, you're pretty much going to have to. Just mount the images, rip to your format of choice and get it over with. virtualclonedrive is free.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

VLC should play them with no sweat.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Matt Fanale's funding his next Caustic album via Kickstarter.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Here's a 40 minute documentary about Maschinenfest (in German)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HulD4ICTDkQ

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Secks posted:

So cool. I love Xorcist.

I love when bands do awesome stuff like this, and it's not even ruined by some crappy compression method either. Definitely tossing him some cash.

I haven't listened to them before and I'm really digging the lushness and variety and weird samples, it almost reminds me of an industrial KLF for some reason.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
I sent some money, but am going to wait a few days to get the tracks, the album downloads keep cutting off arbitrarily. I think his hosting's just not up for hundreds of people downloading full length albums non-compressed.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Sloppy posted:

I haven't listened to them before and I'm really digging the lushness and variety and weird samples, it almost reminds me of an industrial KLF for some reason.

Totally.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Any reccomendations for good online electro industrial radio that play relatively recent stuff from the last few years? Preferably 24/7 streaming ones that don't have a DJ talking between tracks (since it's something to have on while I'm doing other stuff) but I'm open to suggestions.

I listen to Rant Radio and EBM-Radio.com periodically but either I've had bad luck with what's on rotation or else they tend not to have much playing that's recent.

Edit: Huh, looks like EBM Radio has newer stuff, just not stuff I like, dang!

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 5, 2012

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I used to listen to Digital Gunfire all the time.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Furret Basket posted:

I used to listen to Digital Gunfire all the time.
That, or Dark Asylum Radio (which I prefer, I like the music more and they have more mixed-up things where they keep it going for a while).

Also, Radio Schwarze Welle if you don't mind the German.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
and if you do mind the German, what are you doing listening to industrial music?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I'm not sure if they still do (don't speak enough German to really get around the site), but Radio Dunkle Welle used to mix in goth rock with industrial and synthpop- at least the last time I listened to it back in 2004 or so you'd hear The Sisters of Mercy, Helium Vola, and :wumpscut: all in a row.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
For UK Infest-goers

quote:

Due to unforeseen changes in their schedule and travel issues with USA-based members of the band, KMFDM have been forced to cancel their appearance at Infest 2012.

This is a massive disappointment for both the band and ourselves here at Infest HQ, however you can be assured that we are working hard to add another great artist to the Infest 2012 billing.

:smith:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

You have got to be kidding me.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Have we done a Kinetik roll call yet? Anyone else going?

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
For the past 5 months I've been working on an industrial EP. A lot of rear end was busted and a lot of booze was consumed in its creation. I think a lot of you may dig it since it seems you guys have a taste for the glory days (80s and early 90s).

http://iiomusic.bandcamp.com/

Feedback is completely welcome both positive and negative. Also I'm trying to figure out if this is good enough to approach labels with. Or if I need to continue to work on the sound and polish before really pushing out.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Konstruct posted:

For the past 5 months I've been working on an industrial EP. A lot of rear end was busted and a lot of booze was consumed in its creation. I think a lot of you may dig it since it seems you guys have a taste for the glory days (80s and early 90s).

http://iiomusic.bandcamp.com/

Feedback is completely welcome both positive and negative. Also I'm trying to figure out if this is good enough to approach labels with. Or if I need to continue to work on the sound and polish before really pushing out.

I'm not good at detailed musical criticism, but I really like this. It definitely has a strong old-school vibe, especially the vocals. Parasite is my favourite track of the six and has a kinda interesting sound that works for me.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
The rock drum samples definitely give it an older industrial rock sound, too. I'm enjoying it. I'd like a bit more textural variety between songs, though, as it gets a bit samey. (Although there's something to be said for having a cohesive sound. It's easy to get carried away with the freedom afforded by electronic music.)

As for approaching labels... do you really need one? https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wa/apply

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I'm not good at detailed musical criticism, but I really like this. It definitely has a strong old-school vibe, especially the vocals. Parasite is my favourite track of the six and has a kinda interesting sound that works for me.

Parasite was my favorite of this batch. I'm glad you liked it.

Wikipedia Brown posted:

The rock drum samples definitely give it an older industrial rock sound, too. I'm enjoying it. I'd like a bit more textural variety between songs, though, as it gets a bit samey. (Although there's something to be said for having a cohesive sound. It's easy to get carried away with the freedom afforded by electronic music.)

As for approaching labels... do you really need one? https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wa/apply

Thanks for the kind words and critique. I did hit a patch at one point where I thought I was getting a bit samey so I definitely understand your view.

And yeah I know it's obvious but I love Skinny Puppy and X Marks the Pedwalk.

As for a label it's more about hitting a wider audience. I'm not really interested in making money but having as many people who may like this style of music hear my stuff.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Pope Guilty posted:

Icon of loving Coil are touring!

They're even playing Indy!

Oh, they're also playing the Gothic Cruise on Sep 30.

Holy poo poo.

I'm making plans to show up in SLC.

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.

Phoenixan posted:

Holy poo poo.

I'm making plans to show up in SLC.

They're probably playing at Area 51. I miss that club. Or that venue down the street from Area.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Oh hey, Suicide Commando are touring in October!

Oct. 12th Starlight Ballroom - Philadelphia
Oct. 13th Elysium - Austin
Oct. 15th El Corazon - Seattle
Oct. 17th Complex - Los Angeles *
Oct. 19th Das Bunker - Los Angeles
Oct. 20th City Hall/Main Room - Denver

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

They're also playing Infest in August.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
Is there anyone in Portland with a means to record vocals and possibly a couch for a few days? I've been on the street since September, if I can't work on music I'm just thinking gently caress it and going back to Alaska.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I was actually wondering yesterday whatever happened to you.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
couch/street/shelter/street/tent city/steet sick a lot from going on-off medication, and now currently at a house in Aberdeen WA for one more day with everything riding my last nerve. Before I die I just want to make. One. loving. CD.

Hell, it can be an EP or even a single at this point, I don't care. I just want to do vocals over this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIu_8XNw-HM

That's all I ask God. Let me leave just this one mark on the world before I strap play-doh and M80s to the propane section of the nearest Kmart.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Saw The Dead Milkmen this evening and got a pleasant surprise... they covered Control by VNV Nation. Was not expecting to hear that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

cheapandugly posted:

Saw The Dead Milkmen this evening and got a pleasant surprise... they covered Control by VNV Nation. Was not expecting to hear that.

Yeah, Rodney Anonymous is really into EBM and futurepop now. Check out his blog; I had not expected, when I saw a link to his blog, to see links to Combichrist, Angelspit, and VNV. Also apparently he does remixes for industrial bands. Cool poo poo.

E: Video

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 12, 2012