Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

An alien juggalo is pretty ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

This update. :stonk: Those clowns. Guy loving Fieri. Hussie, you magnificent bastard, you've outdone yourself again.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

no
NO

NOT THE ICP

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Bell_ posted:

Holy poo poo, this is how the world is going to end.

Not in fire. Not in ice.

iN mIrAcLeS.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

So this is how Democracy dies. With thunderous honking. :911:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
It's time to dig out the Homestuck political allegory picture, except with Guy Fieri (Scalia) and Juggalos (the Tea Party) added in.

And possibly the Condesce (the Koch brothers)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Well Manicured Man posted:

It's time to dig out the Homestuck political allegory picture, except with Guy Fieri (Scalia) and Juggalos (the Tea Party) added in.

Also, Tavrisprite (Tavros (Vriska)).

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Now I know why the Juggalos were classified as a gang a year or so back. They know. :tinfoil:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This is just the most wonderful update. :allears: What's that symbol on the flag on the White House in the last page? Some ICP thing?

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I love how Homestuck exposes Guy Fieri as the archdouche that he is.

Although I have to say, of all things presented so far in this story, the idea of HIM being a Supreme Court justice is easily the most disturbing.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Color Printer posted:

iN mIrAcLeS.
The ICP are blasphemous though so they don't get mIrAcLeS.
So instead the world ends in motherfucking BLASPHEMY

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Pakled posted:

This is just the most wonderful update. :allears: What's that symbol on the flag on the White House in the last page? Some ICP thing?

That's their official logo.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fieri

quote:

Guy Fieri ( /ˈɡaɪ fiːˈɛri/; born January 22, 1968 as Guy Ferry[1]) is the third and final anti-Christ. He co-owns five restaurants in California[3] and is widely known for his television series on the Food Network.

I wonder how long that'll stay up.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

quote:

TT: George Washington had prophetic nightmares about them. He tried to warn people, and get language amended to the constitution to prevent it.
TT: Like forbidding the election of what he famously described as "a pair of salty bards," or "unruly jesters given to the sweet drink."

This probably means George Washington is somehow linked to Sburb. A post-scratch FedoraFreak, or something.

Also, I have no idea what the deal is with this Guy Fieri bloke. I know what he does from a quick Google search, but why is he such an "archdouche" (apart from, evidently, being partially responsible for the downfall of the human race).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
No wonder the Condesce sent Dave that Miracles youtube link... :tinfoil:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

4 minutes.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Brought it back up, now let's see how long my re-edit will last.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

Spellman posted:

4 minutes.
5 Seconds actually, I just re-edited it and all of a sudden it was fixed again. The Batterwitch must really want to keep this guy's rep safe.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Hussie's going to be assassinated for revealing to us the truth :tinfoil:

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

But how can he be assassinated if he's ALREADY DEAD.

Besides, by that logic I'm on her hitlist too for that 5 second lasting edit of Guy Fieri's Wikipedia page

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
If Smash Mouth man had just eaten the egg Guy Fiery cooked this could have all been averted :saddowns:

I guess this answers my booze question from earlier, though. Dave left Dirk orange soda. Rose left Roxy booze. Truly she is wise.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Roger Explosion posted:

This probably means George Washington is somehow linked to Sburb. A post-scratch FedoraFreak, or something.

Also, I have no idea what the deal is with this Guy Fieri bloke. I know what he does from a quick Google search, but why is he such an "archdouche" (apart from, evidently, being partially responsible for the downfall of the human race).

Remember Smashmouth eat the eggs? He was the most shameful part of that whole thing.

The ICP thing is cool though and I hope that really happens some day.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I like that the summary for the Wikipedia edit on Guy's page is "rv craziest vandalism".

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
This update was hilarious, but the best thing about these kinds of updates is watching the people who take Homestuck too seriously react to it. :allears:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Boneless Jogger posted:

This update was hilarious, but the best thing about these kinds of updates is watching the people who take Homestuck too seriously react to it. :allears:

What do you mean?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Roger Explosion posted:

Here's a good summary.

quote:

"You have to protect Guy from all of his poop jokes," Page says. "Anytime any woman mentioned 'cream,' Guy went into a sexual riff. When cutting the show, you had to tell the editors to watch Guy's eye line, because it's always on breasts."

Fieri also needed protection from homosexuals, or at least advance warning. Early in the show's run, Page got a phone call from Fieri, who'd just walked out of a restaurant in a huff.

"Guy had decided that the two men running the restaurant were life partners," Page remembers. "He said, 'You can't send me to talk to gay people without warning! Those people weird me out!'"

From then on, show researchers were required to note any indications of homosexuality detected during pre-interviews. (Fieri declined to comment for this story through his spokespeople.)

Former field producer Kari Kloster confirms that Fieri made the odd demand about gay guests, and says she witnessed the star become more controlling on set.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

MrBims posted:

What do you mean?

Oh, I wasn't referring to SA. I just like finding people who treat Homestuck like it's this drama or something (Tumblr being the ideal place for this) react to these types of updates. They're always really confused and says things like "Wow my suspension of disbelief is ruined here". It's not as good (or as ANGRY) as the reactions to Tavrisprite, but they're still pretty funny.

Also sweet new avatar. :thumbsup:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Well Manicured Man posted:

You forgot Vriska (Vriska)

I think this is my single favorite update in a long time. On the second page, my first though was "is that the ICP guy or something?"
Just the image on the third page had me laughing.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bobulus posted:

We need remember that character intros are super important. Lots of foreshadowing in each one. And both Roxy's and Dirk's intros mention that their guardians are watching "virtually" never, which isn't the same as never.

Quotin' myself. I knew Dave and Rose would watch out for their dependents. :unsmith:

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Ahahaha, so Guy Fieri is the best the Condesce could do when she tried to recreate His Honorable Tyranny.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Ahahaha, so Guy Fieri is the best the Condesce could do when she tried to recreate His Honorable Tyranny.

You go to war with the army you have

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Guy Fieri made the eggs too spicy for Smash Mouth to eat. Some say that was our first warning.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I just realized that Dirk (and possibly Roxy, though she seems more forgiving) is going to hate the gently caress out of the Trolls when they show up, after all the Condesce did.

...His reaction to Gamzee is going to be the best.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bobulus posted:

I just realized that Dirk (and possibly Roxy, though she seems more forgiving) is going to hate the gently caress out of the Trolls when they show up, after all the Condesce did.

...His reaction to Gamzee is going to be the best.

Dirk doesn't seem like the type to allow racial bias to hold him back. His initial reaction might be hostile, I guess ("Oh poo poo, more of them!") but he should settle down once he sees they're actually pretty reasonable. Well, not unreasonable. Okay, they're sort of likeable. If you give them time.

Do we know what he thinks of uu/UU? They're (a?) self-professed alien(s?), although it's not clear if anyone's made the connection to them being trollish in origin.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Dolash posted:

Dirk doesn't seem like the type to allow racial bias to hold him back. His initial reaction might be hostile, I guess ("Oh poo poo, more of them!") but he should settle down once he sees they're actually pretty reasonable. Well, not unreasonable. Okay, they're sort of likeable. If you give them time.

From what we've seen, pretty sure compared to the Condesce, most of the trolls can easily be classified as "reasonable".

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh, I doubt he'll hold a grudge for life or anything. But I could see him flying off the handle a bit the first time he saw them.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
I really like this compromise that has been reached on Wikipedia.

I don't think Dirk would hate the trolls just for being the previous subjects of the horrible tyrannical dictator he lives under. If anything they'd sympathize. I mean even he seemed to understand that a lot of what she did was less out of cruel intentions and more out of a reckless desire to make humans more like trolls, with no regard for treating humans well in the process.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

I'll take the brainless lobster monster that communicates by eating people, thanks.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 26, 2012

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
This is truly the best update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

quote:

Guy Fieri ( /ˈɡaɪ fiːˈɛri/; born January 22, 1968 as Guy Ferry[1]) is the third and final anti-Christ. He co-owns five restaurants in California[3] and is widely known for his television series on the Food Network.

And yet nothing at all has been done to the Insane Clown Posse page.