Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Motherfucking politics, how does that work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Motherfucking politics, how does that work?

And I sure wanna talk to a lobbyist, y'all motherfuckers payin' and makin' me rich.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

A thought: Dirk said Dave and Rose took a lot of sympathizers down with them.

And then proceeds to talk about three such sympathizers.

Are...are we going to get to see an adult Dave fight two juggalos with a sword?

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Apr 26, 2012

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

David Strider ladies and gentlemen.

Godspeed sir, you were too good for that world

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Dear god this is a thing of beauty.

No one saw him again. He's off in the galaxy, killing the poo poo out of everything while riding the shittiest skateboard.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Dave Strider just assassinated Juggalo presidents Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope in a White House rooftop sword fight.

I am drat well in love with the fact that this is a thing that gets to be a sentence that I can type.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Bobulus posted:

Are...are we going to get to see an adult Dave fight two juggalos with a sword?

Correct, it turns out. Not much of a fight, though. :allears:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bet he shows up in the Medium at some point.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

A good poster posted:

And yet nothing at all has been done to the Insane Clown Posse page.
There isn't much you can do to them that could humiliate them more.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

psychoticBacofoil posted:

There isn't much you can do to them that could humiliate them more.

You could...

....uh...

...gently caress.

Call them juggalos?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Bongo Bill posted:

Bet he shows up in the Medium at some point.

There is something there. Recall that the circumstances of B2 Rose's supposed death are also not very clear to anyone due to the whole blackout thing.

They surely can't just live on for centuries and then follow Dirk and Roxy in, but what we've seen so far does kind of leave space for them in case they still have a role to play. (There are other ways to travel between session and parent universe, after all, and perhaps other places to go.)

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

WAR FOOT posted:

You could...

....uh...

...gently caress.

Call them juggalos?
I am sorry but we already call them that. Even Gamzee hates them due to them being all blasphemous and poo poo. There is simply nothing left you can do to them.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Best three pages of all time right here right now.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

B2 Dave is the absolute best.

Given that he was not in fact horribly killed for sure, and given the ancestors of each universe seem to maintain some of their affinity's abilities, it really does seem not entirely unlikely that B2 Dave will play a role into Dirk's present (and perhaps the session), if he can actually time travel. B2 Rose might find a loophole as well (perhaps through her connexions with the Furthest Ring and its temporal non-linearity?).

e: Too beautiful to not instantly get as an avatar.

YF-23 fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 26, 2012

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
gently caress he literally killed the ICP and then ollied outy into space, never to be heard from again

In the B1 session, dirk was bombing around on his rocketboard and challenginf jack noir to duels and other awesome stuff. I guess in B2, it'll be dave who just roams the planets dueling the strongest warriors.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Unreal Air gets a callback! :neckbeard:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Not just an Unreal Air callback, but a rooftop showdown callback!

Also:

Dave posted:

TG: im not a hero
TG: my bro was
TG: john is
TG: im not

Dirk posted:

For centuries thereafter, survivors of the Hilarocaust would cite the rooftop showdown as one of the most heroic moments in human history.

:cheers: Dave Strider, ladies and gentlemen!

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
This is so amazing.
gently caress Guy Fieri.

Also, nobody could've expected these words together:
People were less prepared for a double juggalo presidency than they ever imagined.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Roger Explosion posted:

Dave Strider just assassinated Juggalo presidents Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope in a White House rooftop sword fight.

I am drat well in love with the fact that this is a thing that gets to be a sentence that I can type.

glug posted:

This is so amazing.
gently caress Guy Fieri.

Also, nobody could've expected these words together:
People were less prepared for a double juggalo presidency than they ever imagined.

It is a feat of human achievement when some form of media allows for the legitimate composition of such sentences.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I do hope we get a post-scratch Rose/Guy Fieri callback to this. That would just be the best thing.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I still can't get my wife to start reading Homestuck, but at least she sent me this:
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2012/04/whoaaa_extreme_weve_all_scene.php

This is, coincidentally, posted yesterday. I wonder if someone reads Homestuck and went on a blog rant. :)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Now that we're floating the idea that Dave and Rose might follow Bro and Mom's example and turn up in the Incipisphere to help, I'm curious how closely their involvement will mirror the guardians in the first session (that is, if that's where they end up). If it's a direct parallel we might see old Jade roaring around on a spaceship or Dad getting captured and busting out (and falling in love with reset-Rose? Could you imagine the awkwardness the pre-scratch kids could make of that? Dave would have a few snide remarks, for sure).

Not much hope of seeing old John, however, since Jane lost her sprite and I suspect similar fates await the other sprites, if only to keep down the number of active characters. Maybe things won't parallel too tightly and he'll turn up in the Incipisphere too.

The guardians always struck me as terribly unexplored. I guess it's because they were originally presented as the mysterious, distant, almost Charlie Brown-esque parent figures of each player, but they once seemed much more important to the overall plot. They always seem to know so much about what's going on and play critical roles in the success of their wards, at the expense of their own lives, but it's pretty unclear how they learned they had to do these things. Maybe we'll get more information this time around.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

One possible callback we might see is B2 Dave pulling Dirk's bacon out of the fire in some hyperbolically badass way, a la Dirk chopping Dave's meteor in half before he entered the medium.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

I do hope we get a post-scratch Rose/Guy Fieri callback to this. That would just be the best thing.

Either this or this would work for me too.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

Don't think even losing an arm could make a Rose vs. Guy "the living personification of cheese fries" Fieri a fair fight.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Dolash posted:

Not much hope of seeing old John, however, since Jane lost her sprite and I suspect similar fates await the other sprites, if only to keep down the number of active characters. Maybe things won't parallel too tightly and he'll turn up in the Incipisphere too.

I just noticed... At the end of [S] Jane: Enter, there's a shot of Poppop's corpse floating in orbit with the Battleship Condescension up there too. What if the Condesce recovers his corpse? We did just learned she was experimenting on humans.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Unreal Air is the best goddamn thing and it always makes me laugh every time it shows up.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
A few years ago if someone told me I was going to read a lengthly discourse about how human civilization collapsed in a violent spiral of juggalo's, Guy Ferrari, and alien facisim I would have unironically called them insane. Now I don't know what to believe...

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
I loving LOVE Homestuck.
Just, just
God DAAAAMN.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Am I the only one who thinks these last couple updates have been a bit surreal? I mean even in the context of Homestuck.

I mean sure, one of the biggest villains in the comic is literally Betty Crocker, and yes technically speaking ICP have been a significant part of the story so far. But... We just literally saw Guy Fieri and the ICP guys directly cast as important secondary characters in the comic's narrative, and now real people are appearing as distinct characters in the comic.

It just feels very, very weird to me. Not bad, just... weird.

EDIT: Also, I'm still smiling at the Idiocracy reference a few pages back.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Am I the only one who thinks these last couple updates have been a bit surreal? I mean even in the context of Homestuck.

I mean sure, one of the biggest villains in the comic is literally Betty Crocker, and yes technically speaking ICP have been a significant part of the story so far. But... We just literally saw Guy Fieri and the ICP guys directly cast as important secondary characters in the comic's narrative, and now real people are appearing as distinct characters in the comic.

It just feels very, very weird to me. Not bad, just... weird.

I thought the same, then I laughed because this is going to be in a book :allears:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
No, it absolutely is getting a bit weirder than usual. I think what makes it feel novel is that Dirk is talking very directly about fictional events involving specific real people who actually exist and are vaguely relevant today. That's a little different from how we gradually saw it confirmed that the Condesce has taken the identity of a fictitious marketing figure, or how various 20th century actors, writers, etc. have served as part of the backdrop.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

A few years ago if someone told me I was going to read a lengthly discourse about how human civilization collapsed in a violent spiral of juggalo's, Guy Ferrari, and alien facisim I would have unironically called them insane. Now I don't know what to believe...
Yes, this is certainly one of those updates where you just sort of step back and realize for a second what it the gently caress is you are even actually reading.

God, I love Homestuck.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I just realised, unless B2 Dave can time travel and did so for this, this isn't just adult Dave we're seeing here. If he arrived at the same timeframe as Bro, he should've been 17 when Dirk would have normally arrived. Which would place him at 32 in '11 since Dirk would be 15 years old then. Since this is taking some time after the 2024 election, this is 45+ year old Dave we're looking at here. The ICP and Fiery should also be well past their prime.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

YF-23 posted:

I just realised, unless B2 Dave can time travel and did so for this, this isn't just adult Dave we're seeing here. If he arrived at the same timeframe as Bro, he should've been 17 when Dirk would have normally arrived. Which would place him at 32 in '11 since Dirk would be 15 years old then. Since this is taking some time after the 2024 election, this is 45+ year old Dave we're looking at here. The ICP and Fiery should also be well past their prime.

Thief of Life powers is how I'm gonna handwave it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Just a thought in light of the last few updates: Dirk mentioned that the Condesce had an uncanny ability to know what would happen in the future, but she isn't a Seer, right? Vriska and Tavros are loving poo poo up by giving her advice in her dreams.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

YF-23 posted:

Perhaps the Condesce extended their lives? If she could do that for the Psiionic, I don't see why she couldn't for Guy Fieri and Jay and Dope.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

creationist believer posted:

I just noticed... At the end of [S] Jane: Enter, there's a shot of Poppop's corpse floating in orbit with the Battleship Condescension up there too. What if the Condesce recovers his corpse? We did just learned she was experimenting on humans.

I watched through again and couldn't find this; can you provide a shot? Because that's a pretty drat HUGE foreshadowing right there if it is.

Unless you were talking about the giant meteor with the flames of re-entry glowing around it?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Just a thought in light of the last few updates: Dirk mentioned that the Condesce had an uncanny ability to know what would happen in the future, but she isn't a Seer, right? Vriska and Tavros are loving poo poo up by giving her advice in her dreams.

What? No.

Let's clamp down on this idea right now. That one panel was the Condesce gaining the same powers Vriska and Tavros have, not them influencing her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
Why would Tavros even try to influence the Condesce in the first place? Vriska's the only one with mind control powers that affect other trolls. Tavros can only control animals and underlings.