Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

kuddles posted:

Sounds like In Search of a Midnight Kiss.
That's it - thanks!

Another one is this movie I saw in New York City at the Angelica theater, probably 5-6 years ago. I don't remember much, but the movie centers around a group of kids, probably 10 or 11 years old, and one kills another one. The Blue Oyster Cult song "Burning for You" is featured prominently throughout the film, and the scene I remember most vividly is one of the main characters - this young asian girl - tries to seduce this old guy, while singing that song. It was really creepy haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
^
Twelve and Holding.

trashcanman
May 17, 2006
honkey

SneakySneaks posted:

Something very similar happened in Death to Smoochy.

That's not it it wasn't quite as well known as that movie.

trashcanman fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 28, 2012

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir34_WCV6ag

what is the movie in this video.

I didn't embed the video because I don't know if it's spoilers are not but there are people getting shot with a shotgun in the video and being killed by it. I don't know anything else so maybe you can help me find the movie? Thank You.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Martyrs

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010
This is a movie I can't remember and its been bugging me for months, I tried the internet with no luck.

All I can remember from this film (I think its a film but im beginning to doubt myself) is that the little girl in the movie always had a basketball player plush doll with her and was obsessed with the sport. It was later reveiled that she liked it so much because she thought the players could fly. I think at one point she climbs up a tall shelf in order to try to fly.

Larch Tote
Mar 10, 2007

...in the world.
I have no idea why I remember this, but that's from Look Who's Talking Now (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107438/). The little girl is John Travolta's character's daughter.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Alright it's a book that I and my fiance read when we were younger. We don't remember a whole lot about it but the main characters were a boy and a girl and at some point in the series they slept in the body of a dragon to hide(?) and then they start getting dragon powers. Ring any bells for anyone?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

I don't know it myself, but you might want to try the identify that story/book thread in Book Barn.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Amnistar posted:

Alright it's a book that I and my fiance read when we were younger. We don't remember a whole lot about it but the main characters were a boy and a girl and at some point in the series they slept in the body of a dragon to hide(?) and then they start getting dragon powers. Ring any bells for anyone?

It's one of a series by Jane Yolen that starts with Dragon's Blood. Ostensibly a trilogy but I think there are 4 books now.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Single Tight Female posted:

kimbo305 posted:

1. I'm looking for a foreign sci-fi film. I only saw the ending, where two stalker types (in the Roadside Picnic sense) are talking outdoors. One of them seems to have lost his will to live. He takes off his gas mask under a tree outside and expires. The other one trudges off and the credits roll.

I can't remember what language it was. I want to say German or Russian. The film process seemed to be very dull and muted, maybe sepia toned.

This is kinda scary because I might have just come in here to ask about the very same film, only with a few other details that may mark it as something else.

From the gist of it I think there's a worldwide airborne plague so two guys in full body hazmat suits are wandering around some desolate dump. I think they enter an abandoned building where one of them picks up a photograph. As he does that he gets a cut in his hazmat suit which he later notices, which is why he takes off the mask. Pretty sure there was a conversation or something about how this would be the first time the other guy has seen his face.

I really think it's the same film. May have beee just come in here to ask about the very same film, only with a few other details that may mark it as something else.

From the gist of it I think there's a worldwide airborne plague so two guys in full body hazmat suits are wandering around some desolate dump. I think they enter an abandoned building where one of them picks up a photograph. As he does that he gets a cut in his hazmat suit which he later notices, which is why he takes off the mask. Pretty sure there was a conversation or something about how this would be the first time the other guy has seen his face.

I really think it's the same film. May have been a short even.

All the details you add seem to ring true, especially the fact that it was short. I felt like the pace at which the segment that I saw moved was really fast if it was a feature length film.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

MrGreenShirt posted:

I don't know it myself, but you might want to try the identify that story/book thread in Book Barn.

Didn't realize there were separate threads, thanks!

wheatpuppy posted:

It's one of a series by Jane Yolen that starts with Dragon's Blood. Ostensibly a trilogy but I think there are 4 books now.

Looks like that's it! Thanks for the quick response.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

My roommate is trying to track down a movie she saw years ago. It is about a woman who is having trouble getting pregnant, but she is obsessed with trying because of a past miscarriage. She blames her husband for them not being able to conceive and has an affair with their neighbor, who then murders the husband. The movie ends with a shot of a table covered in positive pregnancy tests.

My roommate thinks this film was made in the 90s.

I hate to bump my own post, but I still haven't been able to find this movie. Any ideas at all would be much appreciated.

Flux Equals Rad
Jun 22, 2007
oh my god bear is driving how can that be!?

trashcanman posted:

Okay so there's this independent film I'd say came out after at least 2005 or thereabouts, and it was about a guitar comic that goes to Hollywood and tries to make it big and ends up being identified (mistakenly) with the white power movement and run out of town by protesters.

What's it called? I can't even find it on Google.
Sounds like Punching The Clown.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Snak posted:

I hate to bump my own post, but I still haven't been able to find this movie. Any ideas at all would be much appreciated.

This might narrow it down? http://former.imdb.com/keyword/miscarriage/murder/pregnancy/

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
This one is making me crazy. I can't remember if it's from a movie, a book or TV, but I think a movie. One character is a detective with a secret (or something), and he is telling someone a story about how he had spent a period of time too wrapped up in his work while his wife cared for their baby. It turns out that the baby was dead and decomposing in the crib while his wife, detached from reality, "cared" for it, and that he didn't realize what was going on for at least a week. Sound familiar? Like I said, I think it's a movie, but I'm not entirely sure.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

tvb posted:

This one is making me crazy. I can't remember if it's from a movie, a book or TV, but I think a movie. One character is a detective with a secret (or something), and he is telling someone a story about how he had spent a period of time too wrapped up in his work while his wife cared for their baby. It turns out that the baby was dead and decomposing in the crib while his wife, detached from reality, "cared" for it, and that he didn't realize what was going on for at least a week. Sound familiar? Like I said, I think it's a movie, but I'm not entirely sure.
I'm pretty sure that is from Boardwalk Empire, more specifically it was Steve Buscemi's character that told it.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

This was a movie shot partially in a documentary style and partially in traditional cinematic style. The plot involved aliens. Several characters keep seeing white owls, which turns out to be the sign you got abducted or something.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

As a kid, I recall seeing a haunted house movie on tv, filmed in the 70s/80s, possibly British. One of the big setpieces involved a woman going swimming in an indoor pool, only when she tries to surface, she can't (it's either closed with glass or something transparent or just ghost powers), and she drowns. Ring any bells to anyone?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

As a kid, I recall seeing a haunted house movie on tv, filmed in the 70s/80s, possibly British. One of the big setpieces involved a woman going swimming in an indoor pool, only when she tries to surface, she can't (it's either closed with glass or something transparent or just ghost powers), and she drowns. Ring any bells to anyone?

The Legacy?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079450/

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Funkmaster General posted:

This was a movie shot partially in a documentary style and partially in traditional cinematic style. The plot involved aliens. Several characters keep seeing white owls, which turns out to be the sign you got abducted or something.

The Fourth Kind.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ladron posted:

The Legacy?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079450/

Holy poo poo, I think this is it. Thanks, dude, that's been haunting (heh) me for years now!

edit: haha, and Roger Daltrey's in it. Sick.

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 2, 2012

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm pretty sure that is from Boardwalk Empire, more specifically it was Steve Buscemi's character that told it.

Oh man. I love you. That was driving me crazy!

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
The film was shown on Goontube, and I left after the first 20 minutes, still would like to see it though. From what I remember, it starts like this: Some kid in a red car (maybe) follows a road off the highway, and ends up in some weird diner.

And by weird I mean it has some meta-dimensional quality, like some Q-trick from Star Trek NG. Maybe there was even some lovely riddle the kid had to figure out. Yeah, I remember, some dude could eat forever. It's possible Bob Hoskins and Malcolm McDowell had some cameos.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

midnightclimax posted:

The film was shown on Goontube, and I left after the first 20 minutes, still would like to see it though. From what I remember, it starts like this: Some kid in a red car (maybe) follows a road off the highway, and ends up in some weird diner.

And by weird I mean it has some meta-dimensional quality, like some Q-trick from Star Trek NG. Maybe there was even some lovely riddle the kid had to figure out. Yeah, I remember, some dude could eat forever. It's possible Bob Hoskins and Malcolm McDowell had some cameos.

Interstate 60, maybe? It's been a while since I've seen it.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

westborn posted:

Interstate 60, maybe? It's been a while since I've seen it.

I think that's it. Probably confused Malcolm McDowell with Gary Oldman, and Bob Hoskins with I don't know who. Thanks!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
There's a version of Peter and the Wolf I saw a long time ago but seem to have trouble finding again. I watched it as a child in the 1990s from a VHS that my parents either bought or recorded from the TV, so I think it's from the late 80's/early-mid 90's.

The story is more or less the same, but I remember that it was not animated, and that some characters were puppets and some (e.g., Peter I believe) were live action. I believe at least some of the characters may have been Muppet-y too (specifically, a conductor in the beginning that gets replaced). The only other two things I remember is that there's a faux "opening" where all of the characters are backstage on an opera house and getting called in to perform the show on stage, and that I believe there's a scene where the wolf is chasing/eating the duck and you can see it all from the wolf (or maybe the duck's?) perspective; it's in first person anyway.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
I know sesame street did it. Also, there was a chuck jones live action/animated version in 1996

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I've had a line from a film bouncing round in my head all weekend - I think it's from some kind of action comedy or something? The hero is in some kind of life or death struggle while speaking to someone else (maybe on a phone?) who is complaining about something relatively minor. In frustration the hero sarcastically responds with "your problems are significant!" Google has nothing, any ideas?

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )
Okay I;m not sure if im making this movie up or what but i remember this scene from when i was a kid.

Its of a few people sitting in a room with a kid close to the tv watching it. I'm not sure if the kid makes this happen or it just happens but the Tasmanian devil (or atleast something that reminded me of the Tasmanian devil) comes out of the tv and spins around and maybe targets one of the people.

Thats the only scene i remember and I've asked my friends and they seem to think that im just misremembering something i made up as fact. Help me prove them wrong.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CraigSlice posted:

Okay I;m not sure if im making this movie up or what but i remember this scene from when i was a kid.

Its of a few people sitting in a room with a kid close to the tv watching it. I'm not sure if the kid makes this happen or it just happens but the Tasmanian devil (or atleast something that reminded me of the Tasmanian devil) comes out of the tv and spins around and maybe targets one of the people.

Thats the only scene i remember and I've asked my friends and they seem to think that im just misremembering something i made up as fact. Help me prove them wrong.

You're almost definitely thinking of the Twilight Zone movie

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )

Opopanax posted:

You're almost definitely thinking of the Twilight Zone movie

Wow thanks for the quick response. You're absolutely right i just watched the scene, now i won't sound crazy when I'm explaining it. Thanks again!

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Synthetic Hermit posted:

French language film. Don't know if it's from Québec or France. I saw it on the CBC (Canada's government-funded network) some years ago.

I can only remember 3 scenes clearly:

1. A man and a woman in a white dress are lying next to each other in the office of a con artist. He proceeds to pour a black, tar-like substance on both of them, claiming that it will transfer their souls. Word spreads and a whole bunch of other people buy into it. Eventually somebody tells them to smarten up and go home.

2. A guy is looking at his surroundings, breaks a brick, and discovers a tiny (not visible to the viewer) microphone and/or camera inside.

3. The guy who found the spy device finds out that there are many of them everywhere, and makes his way to the machine that the information is sent back to - a huge, electrical machine built and/or operated by James Watt.

Any luck with this? I wouldn't be posting it here if I hadn't already done a thousand searches for it.

lenin
Sep 11, 2001

dear leader
Some (I presume) 80s movie I caught on T.V. once-- it was a typical "lone renegade against the evil drug dealers" premise, except what made it stand out was that the bad guys weren't coke dealers, they were marijuana farmers. The rhetoric was unchanged as well, stuff about "addicting children" and such-- hilarious. At the end the hero walks through some small rural town massacring everyone, etc., then encounters the true mastermind-- an old granny in a rocking chair, who pulls a gun and tries to mow the lone hero down the moment he turns his back. I only saw a few bits of it but I believe it was 100% strait-faced, no tongue-in-cheek intended. I would love to find out what the hell this gem was.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
An Australian home invasion film, very reminiscent of Badlands in that there's a young couple terrorising people in much the same way, the girl is essentially innocent and the young man is a psychopath. The thing that should stand out is the fact the man was referred to in a review I read at the time as a young Brad Pitt, he did look alike and the voice I seem to remember was similar. Definitely Australian, within the last 10 years but beyond that I couldn't say anything more. Have tried googling this and no luck at all.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

lenin posted:

Some (I presume) 80s movie I caught on T.V. once-- it was a typical "lone renegade against the evil drug dealers" premise, except what made it stand out was that the bad guys weren't coke dealers, they were marijuana farmers. The rhetoric was unchanged as well, stuff about "addicting children" and such-- hilarious. At the end the hero walks through some small rural town massacring everyone, etc., then encounters the true mastermind-- an old granny in a rocking chair, who pulls a gun and tries to mow the lone hero down the moment he turns his back. I only saw a few bits of it but I believe it was 100% strait-faced, no tongue-in-cheek intended. I would love to find out what the hell this gem was.

It almost sounds like the original Walking Tall, but I can't remember if that was coke or pot being sold to the town's youth...

FWIW, the hero was Joe Don Baker who you might recognize from Mitchell (the fat American detective), Lone Star (the fat American sheriff in Italy) and Goldeneye (the fat American agent at the very end)

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

FWIW, the hero was Joe Don Baker who you might recognize from Mitchell (the fat American detective), Lone Star (the fat American sheriff in Italy) and Goldeneye (the fat American agent at the very end)

He had a scene in the middle of Goldeneye too, not to mention The Living Daylights (villain) and Tomorrow Never Dies (the same character as Goldeneye).

Reive
May 21, 2009

Looking for a movie where everything is fake, literally, all commercial products are blank white labeled and either contained nothing or were the most distilled generic form of what it was supposed to be (I don't remember which), but no one notices this.

I don't know anything else about the story other than after one of the characters stops whatever's distorting everyone's vision of the world everyone continues not to notice.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Reive posted:

Looking for a movie where everything is fake, literally, all commercial products are blank white labeled and either contained nothing or were the most distilled generic form of what it was supposed to be (I don't remember which), but no one notices this.

I don't know anything else about the story other than after one of the characters stops whatever's distorting everyone's vision of the world everyone continues not to notice.

Repo Man or They Live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reive
May 21, 2009

codyclarke posted:

Repo Man or They Live

It definitely wasn't Repo Man, there was no humor to it, that and it was a major plot point, I doubt it was They Live either but that one comes closer in that these things are being disguised by something, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't aliens.

It had a serious tone that felt like something out of The Twilight Zone, but I distinctly remember it being a movie.