Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

soooooo any one watching the new Spider-Man series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Not sure how I feel about Ultimate SpiderMan.

I like how they've incorporated other other superheroes.

I really don't like Peter's little Ally McBeal/Lizzy McGuire fantasies.

However, this Peter Parker looks far too much like Tim Buckley's Ethan.

This is what I now see Spiderman as. Ethan McSpidermanus.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well thanks, you've ruined this show for me and I haven't seen a single episode yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, that was Peter's hairstyle in the Ultimate Spider-Man comic. The only problem with that is that its a very "early 2000s" hairstyle and they even recognized this in a late run issue when his ex-girlfriends all got together, held him down and gave him a haircut.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

It's the "ever webcomic male ever" haircut. Fortunately I had no interest in the show, because if I did now all I could see was Spiderman in loss.jpg.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

IRQ posted:

It's the "ever webcomic male ever" haircut. Fortunately I had no interest in the show, because if I did now all I could see was Spiderman in loss.jpg.

drat, The Night Gwen Stacy Died will now make me laugh :smith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Andrew_1985 posted:

Thanks I just burned all my Spider-Man stuff, you rear end.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Andrew_1985 posted:

Holy poo poo! That's pretty much exactly what I imagined a big budget CAD animated flick would look like.

(It would still be terrible.)

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Someone uploaded Johnny Bravo Goes to Bollywood (2009) to YouTube, I don't know if it ever actually aired in America but if you wanted an hour of new Johnny Bravo here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4J6WvLpWd4

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't think it was ever aired in the US, but then I don't actually watch Cartoon Network anymore so who knows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was watching this week's Thundercats and man, all of the new characters introduced in the episode (the Tiger clan and Lion-o's mom) all looked like they were designed by Leiji Matsumoto. Especially Lion-o's mom.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

:siren: One free episode from five Nickelodeon shows on iTunes! :siren:

Rocko's Modern Life: Boob Tubed/Commuted Sentence
Hey Arnold!: Tour de Pond/Teacher's Strike
Avatar The Last Airbender: City of Walls and Secrets
The Legend of Korra: Welcome To Republic City/A Leaf In The Wind
Invader Zim: Attack of the Saucer Morons/The Wettening

Get 'em while they're free!

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
I don't recall if it was answered but is there any truth to the rumor that Courage the Cowardly Dog is supposed to be airing new episodes tomorrow?

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Who's ready for safe fun?
Has any one checked out the pilot of Motor City? It's the new show from Titmouse (Metalocalypse, Venture Brothers) that's gonna be on Disney XD.

First episode is free on Itunes (in the US at least)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If ever there was an American show that was style over substance, Motorcity is it. Don't go into it for substance. Watch for the style. It's like a cross between Redline and a Gorillaz music video. It's like a big budget Liquid Television short.

It's also by Chris Prynoski (creator of MTV's Downtown) and written by George Krstic (creator of Megas XLR). So there's that too.

I wish there was a trailer to embed so you guys could see it in motion but the show's gone so far under the radar that there is not even a single promotional video on Youtube, AND it's on a niche channel (Disney XD).

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 20, 2012

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

:siren: One free episode from five Nickelodeon shows on iTunes! :siren:

Rocko's Modern Life: Boob Tubed/Commuted Sentence
Hey Arnold!: Tour de Pond/Teacher's Strike
Avatar The Last Airbender: City of Walls and Secrets
The Legend of Korra: Welcome To Republic City/A Leaf In The Wind
Invader Zim: Attack of the Saucer Morons/The Wettening

Get 'em while they're free!

Aren't all of those on Netflix?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

I don't know about Legend of Korra, but the other four are.

I can't argue with free, though.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

raditts posted:

Everything except Korra since it's new, so your choice should be obvious.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Monster Rancher is now streaming on Hulu. Apparently a DVD release with both the dub and the Japanese subbed version is planned too.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Monster Rancher: The game that managed to be much better than Pokemon, with the cartoon that managed to be much worse.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
Never even heard of it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

MounerKT posted:

Never even heard of it.

It was a PS1 game whose big gimmick was that you got your monsters from actual CDs. So you'd stick in your Marylin Manson album and it would turn into a firebreathing duck or something, or your sister's N SYNC would turn into a 20 foot tall dragon.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

raditts posted:

Monster Rancher: The game that managed to be much better than Pokemon, with the cartoon that managed to be much worse.

Another Discotek joint?

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:

404GoonNotFound posted:

It was a PS1 game whose big gimmick was that you got your monsters from actual CDs. So you'd stick in your Marylin Manson album and it would turn into a firebreathing duck or something, or your sister's N SYNC would turn into a 20 foot tall dragon.

Sounds pretty cool.

Also Johnny Bravo is still great.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MounerKT posted:

Sounds pretty cool.

Maybe so, but the show was criminally boring.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

MounerKT posted:

Somehow I misread this as "Johnny Test" and was all ready to ask what the gently caress was wrong with you.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

MounerKT posted:

That show still has some of my favorite quotes from any cartoon ever. It's from the episode where he confronts a bunch of living toys, and it's something like:

Toy: Who's this punk?
Johnny: I'm Johnny Bravo.
Toy: Well, when I'm finished with you, you're gonna be Johnny Nothing!
Johnny: Wow, that...that wasn't even clever.

Or the one where he does some detective work for Suzy:

Suzy: If you keep at it, I'll double your salary!
Johnny: You're not paying me anything.
Suzy: Then I'll triple it!
Johnny: .......Done!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I used to LOOOOVVVEEEE the Monster Rancher cartoon as a kid. I remember having to wake up at like 6AM on a Saturday in order to watch it. I then remember getting incredibly angry at it because they straight up removed an entire arc from the English show, and my little child mind was too confused to continue watching it after that.

Can't wait to watch it on Hulu now and ruin my fond memories of it!

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Behonkiss posted:

It blew my mind when I found out Suzy was voiced by Mae 'Ann Hog' Whitman.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Quest For Glory II posted:

If ever there was an American show that was style over substance, Motorcity is it. Don't go into it for substance. Watch for the style. It's like a cross between Redline and a Gorillaz music video. It's like a big budget Liquid Television short.

It's also by Chris Prynoski (creator of MTV's Downtown) and written by George Krstic (creator of Megas XLR). So there's that too.

I wish there was a trailer to embed so you guys could see it in motion but the show's gone so far under the radar that there is not even a single promotional video on Youtube, AND it's on a niche channel (Disney XD).

Titmouse posted some preview animation on vimeo.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'll say this much: it doesn't look like anything else I've seen on any kids network show.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Behonkiss posted:

That show still has some of my favorite quotes from any cartoon ever. It's from the episode where he confronts a bunch of living toys, and it's something like:

Toy: Who's this punk?
Johnny: I'm Johnny Bravo.
Toy: Well, when I'm finished with you, you're gonna be Johnny Nothing!
Johnny: Wow, that...that wasn't even clever.

I really want to find the episode where the girl Johnny talks to online turns out to be an antelope in real life. I feel like it's even more relevant now.

raditts posted:

Yep, I never played the games but the show was really pretty lame. I actually watched the series finale out of curiosity a few years back and while the first season of Digimon's final episode legitimately made me tear up as a kid, this one just had me sitting there thinking: "man I'm glad I never got into this franchise, that was loving bland as poo poo." I feel like all those monster card franchises were all pretty universally awful asides Pokemon and Digimon. Was there anybody who ever watched Beyblade? (never mind enjoyed it)

SirKibbles posted:

I don't recall if it was answered but is there any truth to the rumor that Courage the Cowardly Dog is supposed to be airing new episodes tomorrow?
Tomorrow? First I heard of it coming out so drat soon. I e-mailed John Dilworth himself and all he has to say about it was "it isn't real....yet. but if from the promo enough interest is raised online it could very well become a reality." And this was about a month ago. I guess that's why I'm confused.
EDIT: Just did a quick google search and there's no new information on new Courage stuff asides that incredibly vague black and white promo posted on Youtube a month or two ago. Where did you hear it was airing tomorrow?

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 28, 2012

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

LemonLimeTime posted:

Yep, I never played the games but the show was really pretty lame. I actually watched the series finale out of curiosity a few years back and while the first season of Digimon's final episode legitimately made me tear up as a kid, this one just had me sitting there thinking: "man I'm glad I never got into this franchise, that was loving bland as poo poo." I feel like all those monster card franchises were all pretty universally awful asides Pokemon and Digimon. Was there anybody who ever watched Beyblade? (never mind enjoyed it)

One thing Monster Rancher had going for it was that the kid got off his rear end and joined in beating up the bad guys. Ash never got his hands dirty, he just stood there learning absolutely nothing for 10+ years of show.

Honestly, though, I cannot remember a drat thing about that show.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

LemonLimeTime posted:

Was there anybody who ever watched Beyblade? (never mind enjoyed it)

In my defense I was ten at the time, but those tops were like the only thing we did in sixth grade in the cafeteria. We set up four binders as a pseudo-arena and just had at each other.
I had the tall hopping one.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I watched a couple seasons of Beyblade with some friends a little while back, and it's got the same sort absurd, ridiculous, stupidity that Yu-Gi-Oh had. It's fun to watch for just how completely absurd it all is.

I mean, look at this. They're so incredibly excited about FIGHTING TOPS.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LemonLimeTime posted:

Was there anybody who ever watched Beyblade? (never mind enjoyed it)

Apparently enough to warrant a sequel, called Beyblade Metal Fusion.(It's even worse than the original!)

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Who's ready for safe fun?

thelaughingman posted:

Titmouse posted some preview animation on vimeo.

First episode aired tonight!

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
I was on an anime kick in high school and the only thing anime at 7am was Beyblade. It wasn't that impressive considering it was trying to be the next Yu-Gi-Oh. You know, taking a simple game more seriously than anything else in the world. It seems like Pokemon and Medabots were the only cartoons in this genre that figured out how to have fun and not be so serious. I only watched the show for the same reason I watched Dragon Ball Z; it was on, it was new and it was anime.

Beyblade is probably only still going because the toys are selling like hot-cakes and it's super cheap to produce a show where you only have to spend money on ADR.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

There's also Redakai and Bakugan and like... I don't think I could even see the appeal if I was still a child.

Beyblades rule, though. My friend's little brother had a bunch and I played with him and it was pretty fun :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Beyblade toys are sort of neat. My ten and seven year old halfbrothers both started collecting them recently, and I've been thinking about picking one or up for myself so I can play with them without borrowing theirs. Haven't paid any attention to the show or manga series, although I caught them watching an episode about a week ago and man did it have the most uninspired theme song (basically the toy name and catchphrase repeated a lot of times, plus some other lyrics occasionally). Apparently the top monsters in it are real or something? Except they can also make the tops in a lab, and some of them are based off things like the Horologium and Pyxis constellations, so I dunno. Whatever. Toys are cool, show is there to sell the toys.

Edit: Didn't see too much of its show either, but the Medabot toys and games were also pretty awesome. Was its show any good? I don't remember much about it, except that I caught the episode with one of my favorites and it was suitably awesome in its appearance, before getting defeated because villain.

Edit again: Aaaand now that I've posted this and decided to take a closer look at both shows I'm now tempted to actually watch them, even though I don't remember much about the Medabots show and have every reason to suspect that the Beyblade one is just a cash-in. Great. Well, if I do watch them I will post my experiences here.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 10, 2012