Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

When I force myself to think about it I remember Bran becoming a Tree, Jon Snow getting stabbed, and Theon going through medieval PTSD rehabilitation, all after the honeyed locust and Dany making GBS threads.

Then I really think and I remember moments of Barristan being a badass, Tyrion riding a pig, and Quentyn being a royal "nice guy."

Then I really really think, and then I recall Jon Connington and Aegon and Arya getting face-changing powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dead Man Posting posted:

There is something to a big strong warrior making GBS threads and vomiting at the same time, but a little Dany making GBS threads all over the Dothraki Sea just adds depth to her character.

Especially considering that GRRM had the mind to tell us that she did anal with ~My daahrio~ a few chapters before.

And that after all of this was written, he still mentions with perverted chuckles that Dany is hot in an interview. You know he is thinking back to this scene.

More importantly he hopes you are too. Think about it with him. Look into his eyes and think about Dany's glistening half distended anus.

Dreaming Android
Jan 8, 2011

Dead Man Posting posted:

Especially considering that GRRM had the mind to tell us that she did anal with ~My daahrio~ a few chapters before.

Wait, what?!

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Dreaming Android posted:

Wait, what?!

Before Daario pissed off, Dany had him use her in all the ways a man can use a woman - footjobs, elbowjobs, Zjobs, laundry, beermat.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

rejutka posted:

Before Daario pissed off, Dany had him use her in all the ways a man can use a woman - footjobs, elbowjobs, Zjobs, laundry, beermat.
They taped it too. :nws:

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
It's all about the implication...

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
From the Thread For Brilliant People Who Ignore The Goddamned OP:

Azure_Horizon posted:

On par with the book. All the books start slow then ramp up.
Oh you :allears:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

When I force myself to think about it I remember Bran becoming a Tree, Jon Snow getting stabbed, and Theon going through medieval PTSD rehabilitation, all after the honeyed locust and Dany making GBS threads.

Then I really think and I remember moments of Barristan being a badass, Tyrion riding a pig, and Quentyn being a royal "nice guy."

Then I really really think, and then I recall Jon Connington and Aegon and Arya getting face-changing powers.

Yup, it sucks. There was some very good stuff in Dance, but it's far more forgettable than the bad stuff for some reason. Barristan's chapters were awesome, and Jon Connington and [possibly fake] Aegon actually DID SOMETHING in two chapters just like wot used to happen in classic ASoIaF, yet all everyone can seem to remember is Dany making GBS threads herself.

And as much as I love this thread, Dany's excrement is the new Lemoncakes. It doesn't need to be referenced every second post.

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere

whowhatwhere posted:

I guess he's right, in that DwD starts with Dany taking regular shits and have them ramp up in quantity and liquid shartness.

Okay I won't mention Dany pooping again even I'm sick of these jokes.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
poo poo is known

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

So one of my roommates said something vaguely Boltonish but ultimately forgettable so I called him Mile Bolton. It took me a second, but I realized House Bolton still flays ears around the world even today.

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

They fucking better have lemon cakes.
It is known

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Fog Tripper posted:

You are not alone. The only things that pop into my brain when thinking of adwd is poo poo and honey locusts.

I suppose we dodged a bullet there; GRRM could have given us a POV chapter for Fat Belwas, making GBS threads his brains out after eating all the poisoned locusts.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Wolfechu posted:

I suppose we dodged a bullet there; GRRM could have given us a POV chapter for Fat Belwas, making GBS threads his brains out after eating all the poisoned locusts.

I'm not sure I wouldn't have preferred that to another Dany chapter.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Wolfechu posted:

It would be the best chapter about making GBS threads and vomiting ever.

He lets the vomit and poo poo etch a scar in his chest before defeating them by force of will.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Another critical article from someone who still likes this "glistening tapestry."

And Salon captures the spirit of why I decided to read until Chaughray turned in to a plum.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Another critical article from someone who still likes this "glistening tapestry."

And Salon captures the spirit of why I decided to read until Chaughray turned in to a plum.

gently caress, I thought you were kidding. They actually say it's a "glistening medieval tapestry". Gurm must be so pleased.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

whowhatwhere posted:

There's nothing wrong with what I said. It is literally the structure of every ASOIAF novel.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Including AFFC. Oh, wait, that was basically just Cersei's chapters.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Azure_Horizon posted:

There's nothing wrong with what I said. It is literally the structure of every ASOIAF novel.

Apart from the last two, which don't have any kind of structure. For example, the conclusion of Feast happens in the next book and Dance doesn't have one.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
There was a conclusion for Feast? What kind of?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rurik posted:

There was a conclusion for Feast? What kind of?

Cersei's walk of shame, I guess.

And then the wrap-up of zombieCat not-hanging Brienne and instead getting her to bring Jaime and then.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Plus the whole "Arya's not really blind" thing.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

Plus the whole "Arya's not really blind" thing.

Arya was blind.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So file that in the "Gurm teaches Grammar" book that we all know he's got waiting in the wings. You know drat well what I meant.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Buddha teaches that all things are, always. How can you exist now if you did not exist before? You cannot. In this way, Arya had always been blind, and so shall she always be.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Schrodinger's Möbius Arya

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis
I'm reading Feast again and I like it second time around more than I did the first 3 on a reread.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rape Jake. posted:

I'm reading Feast again and I like it second time around more than I did the first 3 on a reread.

Because you have ADWD as a comparison.

Family Circus is now amazing literature considering I've read ADWD.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Because you have ADWD as a comparison.

Family Circus is now amazing literature considering I've read ADWD.

This is truth. Prince Valiant > adwd.

Like nipples on a breastplate?

edit: HOLY BADASS poo poo!

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 28, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Guns of the Patriots is also better written than Dance. At least Johnny stops making GBS threads himself after a while.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Star Wars prequels are better written than AFFC/ADWD.

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
~~**My PaDme**~~

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Something, something sand is bad, Obi Wan is my nuncle

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Daario....you're breaking my heart!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I have a bad feeling about this, coz.

Chewbacca and Hodor would be perfect replacements for each other.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
In my opinion, the Starks are evil.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
It is known.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Oh no, Littlefinger, I've failed them! Curse my eunuch's body, I wasn't fast enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

What is your bidding, my maester?