Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Episode 540 is up.

http://onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx

Looks like it is about Tiger Fisher FROG? NO HIPPO.

Wearing that to go see the king.. he is a true gangsta.

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Episode 540 is up.

Looks like it is about Tiger Fisher FROG? NO HIPPO.

Wearing that to go see the king.. he is a true gangsta.

Yes, it's been up for almost a week now...

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I don't remember if a goon made them or not, but someone found that shirt for sale online and a bunch of us picked them up. Now we can all be badasses under the sea.

KoB
May 1, 2009
541 is up

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It'd be great if I could watch the episode without an ad for claritin crashing the stream.

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

This show is greatness.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Whoops, I accidentally asked this question in the manga thread. Does anyone know the name of the OST track playing at the end of the latest episode?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
It's okay to cry, dammit :cry:

RedBoot
Jul 12, 2003

The Ass Hand: Evolution's Greatest Triumph
Quick question about the Funimation DVDs. I bought the first two seasons as they were being released (from the start through the end of Alabasta). Didn't get around to the Skypeia sets at the time. Looking at it now, they're starting to re-release them in bigger sets. I was trying to figure out where to pick it back up when I noticed that most of the old sets still have good trade-in values on Amazon. In fact, if I traded in all my stuff, I'd get just about enough for them to get all the current collections. It'd basically be a clean swap.

My question is, is there any reason not to do this? I noticed some of the sets (Season 1 Voyage 1 and Season 2 Voyage 5) are being sold at really high prices in the used section. Is this just the usual price gouging for something out of print, or is there anything special about those sets?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I really don't think there's anything different about the two sets. I think the commentaries will be in the collections as well, and that was about the only real extra stuff they had in the first place.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Fisher Tiger is literally the biggest goddamn hero ever.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The next episode of Toriko is going to be another One Piece/Toriko Crossover~

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

No episode this week?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Fix posted:

No episode this week?

One Piece and Toriko were both crossover episodes this week.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
For those who don't read the manga thread, Pirate Warriors is coming to NA and Europe on PSN this November. http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/11/one-piece-pirate-warriors-stretching-to-north-america/

bondster
May 6, 2007

So G.S made some more AMV's covering the Marineford Arc, and my god this one is so loving good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZK8wPzn5A

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It ain't perfect, but I didn't hate it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

bondster posted:

So G.S made some more AMV's covering the Marineford Arc, and my god this one is so loving good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZK8wPzn5A

That was amazing, I really loved it. Thank you for sharing this.

bondster
May 6, 2007

So I know there has been a new episode out for about half a week now, but that is not why I'm posting today.

So apparently the new (non 3d gimmecky) One Piece Movie is coming out this December, and Oda designed the villain calling it the strongest enemy yet

It's also called One Piece Z :lol:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

bondster posted:

So I know there has been a new episode out for about half a week now, but that is not why I'm posting today.

So apparently the new (non 3d gimmecky) One Piece Movie is coming out this December, and Oda designed the villain calling it the strongest enemy yet

It's also called One Piece Z :lol:

It's going to be Goku isn't it?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Just caught up on this show after stopping somewhere in the Water 7 arc... drat, I'm loving how much more political it's getting. Yeah, it's still a shounen anime, but it's awesome to see something other than just "each arc is a stronger dude, power up and hit him harder to win". They didn't win at Marineford by being stronger and beating up the bad guy. poo poo, they really didn't even win at all, and to the extent that they did it was largely because of political moves of people above their head (Yonkou & Fleet Admiral).

I just finished 537, and I'm tickled with the idea that beating Hody & Decken wasn't even the crux of this arc, and that by just running in and beating up the bad guys they may have just made things worse. Wouldn't be surprised if in the end it was just a matter of a big fight anyway, but it's still cool that they're trying.

Can anyone tell me, without any specific spoilers, how political the next arc ("Punk Hazard", I guess? don't know anything about it)? It'd be great to see them continue to NOT turn this into DBZ. They've established so much of the world so far that it'd be hard to keep up the power-up treadmill. It would be a little bit silly if all of a sudden there were people way stronger than the three admirals... though, I suppose I could see them introducing some crazy poo poo in the deeper areas of the New World, since it seems that even the admirals can't stay on top there.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

XboxPants posted:

Can anyone tell me, without any specific spoilers, how political the next arc ("Punk Hazard", I guess? don't know anything about it)?

It definitely gets into some of the consequences of the World Governments fixation on weapons of mass destruction, plus the slow-burning fallout from Marineford.

Also I'd have to second the thought on DBZ. Dragonball had that shonen adventure stuff going where they were traveling the world and seeing crazy sights and fighting crazy enemies, but then DBZ comes along and suddenly the actual setting becomes absolutely pointless because every character and just fly/teleport anywhere they want instantly and anyone who dies is just magicked back to life in the end even though there are rules meant to prevent this but then they just find ways around them so who cares.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
So, 541... christ that little girl was disturbing. Luckily Fisher Tiger lives up to his reputation as a pretty righteous dude.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

New episode.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I love that Kizaru has a plaque that says Uncertain Justice.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

New Episode.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I want to like the Queen and her cause isn't wrong, but god drat is she stupid. Not even Jesus asks you to say "please sir, may I have another" as you turn your other cheek.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Does the main fishman pirate slave in this episode look like a fishman version of Shanks to anyone else?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He's got the same fashion sense, but his face/voice remind me more of Smoker for some reason or maybe the Bison Zoan guy from Drum Island.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Gyges posted:

I want to like the Queen and her cause isn't wrong, but god drat is she stupid. Not even Jesus asks you to say "please sir, may I have another" as you turn your other cheek.

I feel exactly the same way.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I've really come to wonder how the gently caress the World Government even functions with the Tenryuubito going around just loving everything up. I mean, how do the Marines and their sundry forms of Justice(exempting any hosed up followers of Feudal Justice) even tolerate that poo poo? It's not like the worthless fuckers could do anything if the Marines just agreed to smack some reason into their heads.

And how does the non-Marine part even function when the Tenryuubito think they're better than the actual governments that make up the World Government? I think I understand what they're supposed to be, but there's just no reason to explain their continued existence. You can't have a collection of a few hundred assorted Neros, Calligulas, and Commodi running around doing whatever depraved and insane thing they like without explaining why the Military and Legislative branches of the government allow it. Especially when said collection of grandiose sociopaths are all but helpless on their own and near universally despised.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I think the only reason the Tenryuubito haven't destroyed the whole system yet is because there are very few of them, and they have literally everything they could want already, so they don't actively go out and gently caress things up. They're mostly confined to a single area, and the rest of the world gets to ignore them.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gyges posted:

I've really come to wonder how the gently caress the World Government even functions with the Tenryuubito going around just loving everything up. I mean, how do the Marines and their sundry forms of Justice(exempting any hosed up followers of Feudal Justice) even tolerate that poo poo? It's not like the worthless fuckers could do anything if the Marines just agreed to smack some reason into their heads.

And how does the non-Marine part even function when the Tenryuubito think they're better than the actual governments that make up the World Government? I think I understand what they're supposed to be, but there's just no reason to explain their continued existence. You can't have a collection of a few hundred assorted Neros, Calligulas, and Commodi running around doing whatever depraved and insane thing they like without explaining why the Military and Legislative branches of the government allow it. Especially when said collection of grandiose sociopaths are all but helpless on their own and near universally despised.

Well, one would think that there's some good reason that the Tenryuubito are allowed to do whatever they like, and this may very well be the case, actually. Since they were the founders of the World Government back in the day where there were ancient weapons running around I'd suspect that they have some serious firepower stashed away somewhere, hence the WG itself doesn't dare to mess with them.

Also, as mentioned, they basically sit on their asses and live a life of hedonism, so their bullshit doesn't affect that many people. The WG has probably decided that it's more expedient to let them run their own personal 120 Days of Sodom rather than pick an unnecessary political fight.

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Gyges posted:

I've really come to wonder how the gently caress the World Government even functions with the Tenryuubito going around just loving everything up. I mean, how do the Marines and their sundry forms of Justice(exempting any hosed up followers of Feudal Justice) even tolerate that poo poo?

They're middle managers.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

It also might be because they know the secret history about the world government, which I suspect replaced some sort of Pirate-cracy.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Seriously if I was one of those old guys that run the Marines I would have had them all killed and replaced in some sort of 'accident'. I mean, they're walking bad PR and it's not like anyone would stand up to the Marines for it.

Maxmaps fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 30, 2012

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Shirahoshi, Sea-King Whisperer

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I haven't watched the anime since marineford, I like to watch whole bunch of it in one time.

Is the strong world movie worth watching? And also are the arc movies better than watching the arcs in the serie itself? tia

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ulio posted:

I haven't watched the anime since marineford, I like to watch whole bunch of it in one time.

Is the strong world movie worth watching? And also are the arc movies better than watching the arcs in the serie itself? tia

Strong World is well worth watching. I'm assuming by arc movies you mean movies 8 and 9, the Alabasta and Drum Island arcs, which are easily the two worst movies, so skip them and rewatch the real deal.

EDIT: vvv Movie 3 had one good fight scene. That's more praise than I can give either 8 or 9.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Those two movies are nowhere near as bad as movie 3.