Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

mono posted:

So I went to the IYE in Warren yesterday and it was pretty kickass. They have a huge section of bargain bin LPs for $1 and I binged like a mofo.
Good to hear. I've never checked out the Warren location, I'll have to give it a shot once I start getting paid this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Anyone else have The XX - S/T and find it's a piece of poo poo?

Poorly cut jacket (white on the edge, clearly crooked), chips on the edge of the vinyl, shredded dusty inner sleeve, and most importantly, sounds like poo poo (quiet, tinny)?

I'm on my second one and it has the same flaws as the first, so I'm giving up on a replacement.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

traveling midget posted:

Poorly cut jacket (white on the edge, clearly crooked), chips on the edge of the vinyl, shredded dusty inner sleeve, and most importantly, sounds like poo poo (quiet, tinny)?

I'm on my second one and it has the same flaws as the first, so I'm giving up on a replacement.

Mine looks good and sounds great.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

:(

I really don't want to return this thing again.

EDIT: At least Amazon is graceful. I still haven't returned Copy #1 and now I have Copy #3 on the way.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 29, 2012

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Just got this one in the post:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

david puddy posted:

Just got this one in the post:

what is it?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Fire Make Thunder by OSI, the clear/black marbled is limited to 200 copies

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
You might need to mow your lawn.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

It's actuallly plants

anyway the vinyl is gorgeous and I'm amazed they haven't sold out already

VVV
yep it's like 2/3 of an acre and it's awesome

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 10, 2012

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

david puddy posted:

It's actuallly plants,

I do need to sweep those leaves though

anyway the vinyl is gorgeous and I'm amazed they haven't sold out already

Not only was I wrong about the grass, but you've got a really nice yard there.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
matrix messages

http://www.publiccollectors.org/MatrixMessages.htm

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Got my DFA1979 reissue today and the record burst the top edge of the jacket open during shipping :|

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

traveling midget posted:

Got my DFA1979 reissue today and the record burst the top edge of the jacket open during shipping :|

I got mine today and the spine was a little smushed in one place, but it was otherwise ok. Sorry for your loss.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
DROKK special edition came in today. Hell yes, great stuff.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Lateralus came in today from Pop Market, but the side with Lateralus and Ticks & Leeches is super distorted. Of course it would be the side with my favorite song :(

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 30, 2012

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
My DFA came in today, in perfect condition but packed very poorly. I also got my Flaming Lips today. Along with everything I ordered from NesGuerilla's thread.
Today was a good day.

Can't wait to put on that Flaming Lips after I'm done cooking dinner.

cheapandugly fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 1, 2012

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Can anyone offer advice on the possibility of disabling the automatic functionality on my Technics SL-Q300? It's annoying as gently caress, but the mechanism next to the motor that detects 7"s and 12"s prevents the platter from spinning if I take out the piece on the platter.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

traveling midget posted:

Can anyone offer advice on the possibility of disabling the automatic functionality on my Technics SL-Q300? It's annoying as gently caress, but the mechanism next to the motor that detects 7"s and 12"s prevents the platter from spinning if I take out the piece on the platter.

I've got a different but similar Technics and all I do is just manually put the needle on as opposed to pushing the start/stop button. When you push the tonearm over, the platter should start spinning automatically.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I didn't really explain myself well. That mechanism makes an audible noise every rotation of the platter, I wanted to remove it as much as possible.

What I did was open up the plastic springed bits in the platter that detect 7"/12" and remove the one that checks for 7", and jammed the little switch over so it's "set" to always be 12". This way the plastic thing never touches the part under the platter that interacts with the mechanics, and there's no more noise. The only problem is that if I play a 7" I have to make sure I lift the tonearm cueing before hitting Start.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 2, 2012

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, I will edit it if so: I have a technics record player that I recently inherited. After I set it up it worked great, but the other day when I put a record on, the needle kept running over the record making a terrible noise. it is hard to explain what the needle does. It skips a lot of the record and it almost looks like the needle cant get in the groove. Any idea for a solution to this?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

It is highly possible the needle is damaged or has an extreme amount of dust and debris on it. If it looks and appears clean, consider replacing the cartridge?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
If anyone is still looking for the RSD Tomahawk - Eponymous To Anonymous three album box set, HMV.co.uk has them in stock apparently.

I just received my copy from them and it's pretty great.

e: Of course this £25 costing RSD item is going on eBay for ridiculous mark ups.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 2, 2012

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Will it spoil me posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, I will edit it if so: I have a technics record player that I recently inherited. After I set it up it worked great, but the other day when I put a record on, the needle kept running over the record making a terrible noise. it is hard to explain what the needle does. It skips a lot of the record and it almost looks like the needle cant get in the groove. Any idea for a solution to this?

In any case you're going to want to replace the stylus. But the issue you're having could be because you have the tracking force set too low.

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007

traveling midget posted:

My copy sounds fantastic, though that stupid rear end X on the sleeve really fucks with me when I slide it back onto the shelf. It looks mangled as gently caress by now after all the uses. It is a cool idea, but drat.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Will it spoil me posted:

Your tonearm weight has been adjusted. You need to adjust the weight on the end of the tonearm to make the end with the needle heavier.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pookdaddy G posted:

My copy sounds fantastic, though that stupid rear end X on the sleeve really fucks with me when I slide it back onto the shelf. It looks mangled as gently caress by now after all the uses. It is a cool idea, but drat.

That's why you plastic bag your LPs.

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007

Electric Bugaloo posted:

That's why you plastic bag your LPs.

I'm a loving moron. :doh:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Baroness - Yellow & Green preorders are up: http://www.relapse.com/baroness-yellow-green

Picked up the yellow/green split :swoon:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Thanks for the heads up. $40 for the split is a bit :stare:, went with the $22 option, especially with all the talk of this being a departure from their previous work.

i am a bee
Apr 17, 2006
bees, bees, bees, just lookin' for a good time
I queued on RSD to mainly pick up the Devo live LP and the Misfits reissue and ended up leaving with nothing but the MC5 single. Them's the breaks.

The Devo album went up on their website about two days later, so I've ordered that but went to my town's record store today and they had two copies of the Misfits album in their unsold RSD stuff box. What the hell? Would they have received more? Did they outright lie? Did staff put stuff aside and choose not to pick it up later?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

i am a bee posted:

I queued on RSD to mainly pick up the Devo live LP and the Misfits reissue and ended up leaving with nothing but the MC5 single. Them's the breaks.

The Devo album went up on their website about two days later, so I've ordered that but went to my town's record store today and they had two copies of the Misfits album in their unsold RSD stuff box. What the hell? Would they have received more? Did they outright lie? Did staff put stuff aside and choose not to pick it up later?

Most of the RSD stuff isn't anywhere near as "limited" as they say. I still regularly see all kinds of different records from every previous RSD being restocked. Also if the Misfits RSD release was Walk Among Us, then there's been a reissue of that available for a few years. Record Store Day is a bunch of bullshit.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

alg posted:

Thanks for the heads up. $40 for the split is a bit :stare:, went with the $22 option, especially with all the talk of this being a departure from their previous work.

It's not just the colour, it's this:

Relapse posted:

These are one time deluxe pressings of 2CD and 2LP sets with expanded artwork. The deluxe 2CD and 2LP sets will each be housed in a heavy duty 28+ page perfect-bound hard covered book set, of course featuring the art of frontman John Baizley.

I'm a huge Baroness fan so that sounds pretty dreamy :allears:

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

i am a bee posted:

I know at least one store here was missing shipments day of

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
It's here, oh my god!

and here's what's inside:

and my tiny collection.

The blue book is not a record, but it's awesome physical media so I think it counts. It's Steven Wilson's Grace for Drowning. Then there's Storm Corrosion, Rishloo's Feathergun (so sad they broke up), and Opeth's Heritage. I've got the new Mars Volta album on the way as well.

I guess I should buy a record player at some point.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Blisster posted:

It's here, oh my god!

and here's what's inside:

and my tiny collection.

The blue book is not a record, but it's awesome physical media so I think it counts. It's Steven Wilson's Grace for Drowning. Then there's Storm Corrosion, Rishloo's Feathergun (so sad they broke up), and Opeth's Heritage. I've got the new Mars Volta album on the way as well.

I guess I should buy a record player at some point.
Well, drat. Is it awesome? I ordered the same bundle but I don't expect it to arrive for more than a week

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Parachute Underwear posted:

Baroness - Yellow & Green preorders are up: http://www.relapse.com/baroness-yellow-green

Picked up the yellow/green split :swoon:

Hell yes. Went for the orange cream myself. Can't wait for this album, they are by far one of my favorite bands.

Also just ordered the Dopesmoker re-issue. Gonna have a good time with that one.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 4, 2012

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Hell yes. Went for the orange cream myself. Can't wait for this album, they are by far one of my favorite bands.

Also just ordered the Dopesmoker re-issue. Gonna have a good time with that one.

Woah I had no idea that was OOP, I remember seeing that poo poo like 3 or 4 years ago for $15 and now it doesn't go for under $50. Its a shame cuz I loved that album then but was too cheap to buy it and if I had it now I would have sold it in a heartbeat.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

My stepdad is a builder/labourer. The owner of the place he's been working at was throwing out this Maratz hi-fi system and Bose speakers. Said I'd have 'em.

Life is sweet. :)

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I know most goons will scoff, but this was kinda :unsmith: to me:

http://modern-vinyl.com/poison-the-well-getting-vinyl-releases/

I was really into Poison the Well in college, nice to see them get a re-release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

alg posted:

I know most goons will scoff, but this was kinda :unsmith: to me:

http://modern-vinyl.com/poison-the-well-getting-vinyl-releases/