Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Collector posted:

This thread is always dead when liverpool wins. :smith:

I'm sure there's someone on RAWK going on about how this means we're going to win the league next season, if you care enough to find it and share it with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm sure there's at least someone on RAWK who wrote 1000 words claiming that Liverpool played well today

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

vyelkin posted:

I'm sure there's someone on RAWK going on about how this means we're going to win the league next season, if you care enough to find it and share it with us.

The scouser boom-bust cycle aka the circle of life.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

quote:

I hope Dalglish is having a good plan for Downing later on... Yesterday's squad
seemed 90% complete enough to beat Chelsea... Gerrard, Henderson and
Shelvey conquering the midfield like their own park... Three midfielders to
outnumber Chelsea and make life is hard for Torres. Cant wait to urinate them
in the mouth at Wembley. "Enslave the Blues... Enslave them you Mighty
Reds!!" (Talk this in an Optimus Prime voice). "Enslave them!!" What a day to
have a hat trick!!!

quote:

I cant... Im not English by race and English is my second language... Plus my
grammar and verbs are bad... First time I registered in RAWK years back, its
quite difficult to understand the language usage here... Imagine, when I just
started browsing this site for the first time and the wording used here - I saw
something like c*nt, c*nt, c*nt and "inbred Mancs"... I was like "what the gently caress
these Scousers were talking about". Why use the symbol/character "*" in the
word of "c*nt"? Then I did some Google and found it in Wikipedia: "C*nt is
a vulgarism, primarily referring to the female genitalia. The earliest citation of
this usage in the 1972 Oxford English Dictionary" , resource: Wikipedia...

My heart was talking to myself, "Was I just joined a wrong forum to talk about
Liverpool's football? They were talking about female genitalia to be honest" ...
Then I was spending some time to understand you all, research your culture
and found out the revelation from the God. What kind of English is this, why
use the "inbred" to the Everton and Mancs??!! Its quite difficult for me because
in my job as a programmer and web developer at office, Im just using the
technical English, the US English in software development...

So when I came here, I was like a Martian who loving lost in a Scouser's world. But then I
realized, Scousers are a good people, nice people and always welcoming the
secondary Scousers DNA... That is why I love you all... You all are my friends...
But again, I cant... Im not English by race and English is my second language... Thats all.

- Love, Mohammad Shahrul -

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 29, 2012

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
(Talk this in an Optimus Prime voice)

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

the sex ghost posted:

(Talk this in an Optimus Prime voice)

our Starscream is a friend to all colours

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Cant wait to urinate them
in the mouth at Wembley.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

TyChan posted:

That guy is loving brilliant. Always has the most incomprehensible posts.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Babby Thatcher posted:

our Starscream is a friend to all colours

Out pops a smiling Jazz.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
if Chelsea win the CL, looks like 4th place wouldn't of counted,
i think kenny as played a blinder here going for the cups.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Haha, it's the use of "of" instead of "have" that annoys me most about that...

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

Well slap my arse and call me the ginger cowboy!! Roy Hodgson in talks to be England manager!! That's me not really bothered about the euro's, especially with owl head in charge!! Harry is the only man for the job!!

quote:

Roy Hodgson , nxt England manager .... Ya may as well as well ask Mike Bassett lol .. sorry , wot do i know lol x

quote:

Why the gently caress not interview Harry Redknapp, Martin O Neill or Alan Pardew for the England job instead of Roy Hodgson. What has he ever done?

quote:

This is the problem with England and the FA. ROY HODGSON for England??? When will the FA ever learn their lesson? You'll never win anything with poo poo managers..I cant picture Hodgson coaching rooney, Gerrard, welbeck and Co. What a joke!

quote:

As somebody who hates everything about the England football team, I couldn't be more delighted the FA have approached Roy Hodgson.

quote:

Hodgson will be the next England manager!!!! The F A never fail to amaze me the football world is shaking in thier boots!!!

quote:

It will be so grim if we have hodgson as a manager won't be watching the england again don't know what the fa are thinking do they like wasting money on poo poo manager's

quote:

Whats the world comin to torres cant stop scoring and hodgson for england ???? He did a great job at pool didnt he are they real id rather have sven back I had high hopes 4 the euros but not any more may aswell have mcleish !!!

quote:

Roy Hodgson ..............!!!!! GREY Steve Maclaren .............!!!!!!! GREY Graham Taylor ................!!!!!!! GREY. There's a pattern emerging .....of course the only alternatives are Italian or Swedish ....!!!! Or is it only blatantly obvious to me grey people don't step out of line ..................or push the boundaries ............?????? Hodgson had all the players he wanted at Anfield and made every day grey ......

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
owl head

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Barcelona truly are the underdogs of our time.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

That guy is loving brilliant. Always has the most incomprehensible posts.

quote:

I cant describe how hapy and how excited I am if we win this!! The hatred towards The Blues cant be contained anymore!!
I might jump out of the Windows XP if we score goals, especially Suarez!!!

quote:

I really hope we can win this... Its gonna be an absolute happy weekend for me...
Well, in case if we lose I also might be damned sad but as long as I can see the
players are working hard for it and at least, putting some effort - already good
enough for me... We are The Reds, we are a big club and we are marching to
Wembley. The players must know that. Dear God, if Liverpool win today Im really
gonna spend 50% of my money this week to prepare the food to all of my Jewish
friends. Please God, let Liverpool win...

quote:

"Stone wall peno denied, woodwork rattled, sitters missed, ricochets going every which way but in" looks like is
tagged at a greater rate to be a trending topic... It looks like a Liverpool's Twitter currently to understand what
is happening in the Liverpool world... Bloody possession like Arsenal we play but fail to convert the chances
unlike them... If Im an invisible man, having its power, the first thing I do is to sneak in the match official room
before the game, install a remote sensor inside the ball which can be controlled without making any physical
contact and make sure its going to loving get in the loving net everytime Suarez or Carroll touch it / play
it. gently caress off the woodwork rattled I cant stand it anymore, its hurting me deeply in the bottom of my heart
and I want Liverpool to score... Yea, Im willing to control it remotely to hit The Owl's face. drat it I cant take
this any more!!!

quote:

Did Carroll just commited a sin to us for not scoring today?
Just, score please!!! I just cant take this anymore draw,
draw and draw to the poo poo team like this. Its like a cancer
mutating for getting more draws!!! 70% possession
for God sake!!! We are Barcelona today. And we
were playing a good football there. Full of passing.

Nevermind, he's actually a genius troll.

quote:

Dont boo Hodgson. He is our ex-manager. The respect is good I think. Give Hodgson
some time to enhance his coaching skill at another club and he will come back to
Anfield (after Dalglish) and lead us to Champion League. Like invading an
Europe, Berlin perhaps.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 30, 2012

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

(not my highlighting, cracked me up though)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Wasn't there another match this season or late last season (possibly also involving Blackburn?) where the team had 0 shots? I seem to remember that stat, about it being a first for the Premier League) being bandied about anyway. Might have been just 0 on target or something.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

irlZaphod posted:

Wasn't there another match this season or late last season (possibly also involving Blackburn?) where the team had 0 shots? I seem to remember that stat, about it being a first for the Premier League) being bandied about anyway. Might have been just 0 on target or something.
I remember a match between Liverpool v Sunderland (I think) at Anfield, where there was something like 26-0 shots on target.

Ended 0-0, of course.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

irlZaphod posted:

Arsenal Barca had 0 shots for the Arsenal, they still scored though which is more impressive I guess

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BunnyX posted:

Arsenal Barca had 0 shots for the Arsenal, they still scored though which is more impressive I guess

You can't really blame them for not shooting when the one time they had a shot the player got sent off for it.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Xabi posted:

I remember a match between Liverpool v Sunderland (I think) at Anfield, where there was something like 26-0 shots on target.

Ended 0-0, of course.

Wasn't us, at least not as far back as I can remember.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Wasn't us, at least not as far back as I can remember.
Just checked it. It was against Sunderland in 2003.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Xabi posted:

Just checked it. It was against Sunderland in 2003.

Oh right, on target :downs:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Park, Park, wherever you may be,
You eat dogs in your home country!
It could be worse, you could be Scouse,
Eating rats in your council house!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Tim,Man Utd fan on text posted:

"Shambolic display from us today Fergie got it completely wrong, think it's time for Sir Alex and United to part ways he's holding us back with his short-sightedness"

quote:

that was like watching a group of 11 people, watch a close family member being raped and doing nothing about it. by the end i was sat there just pleading, "why are they doing nothing!? why?"

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

SAF, renowned for his short sightedness

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Modus Trollens posted:

Much like David De Gea

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Modus Trollens posted:

Well he does wear glasses

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

quote:

Text this to my united mate...

I hope you're in good Kompany. I can imagine this is a difficult time for United fans. Don't take it to Hart. Yaya got to keep your head up. It won't be De Jong before you're smiling again. It may sound a bit Clichy but, worse things happen at Ci-ty

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

julian assflange posted:

Park, Park, wherever you may be,
You eat dogs in your home country!
It could be worse, you could be Scouse,
Eating rats in your council house!

This is old as hell, just like

"He'll shoot, he'll score, he'll eat your labrador, Ji-Sung Park"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I have to say I was quite shocked by just how poor Unitehd were. If you look deep down into Yaya's pocket you will find a little ginger fella from Oldham. Seriously was Scholes even on the pitch? Giggs, for once, looked his age. Rooney's only agenda for the game seemed to be getting Kompany sent off, and as for Welbecks 720 roll over when infringed by De Jong....woeful.

Manchester never really got out of third gear, and but for some profligacy in front of goal, the scoreline could have resembled another half-dozen thrashing. Ferdinand and Smalling looked as if they had never met each other. But the crowning glory of last night was Sir Bacon Face embarassing himself on the touchline. There was to be no Unitehd goal followed by customary goading of opposition fans last night. Manchester need to carry this form forward and go on and win the title now.

Scholes ran around like a small kid in the school playground, as he has tended to do for most of his career in big games. The art of finding space and time against West Bromwich is completely different to finding space and time against some of the top clubs in Europe. Add to that his customary and clumsy fouling, and one wonders how anybody has the audacity to compare his career to that of Xabi and Iniesta.

I think it was the poor United that is the real story. Even if they go on to win the title they will have been seen to fail when the real challenge is on. It has made one decision easier for Hodgson. Don't take Rooney. He can't play half the Euro games anyway so he will be short of match practice. He has shown time and time again that although he can score great goals he is not a player who makes things happen in big matches.

Who would have thought a team that threw £200m at players would win the league? Someone asked me the other day if one day I would like to see my team back in the Premier League. With the current state of play involving whoever has the richest sugar daddy owner I would happily stay in the football league with real football and real fans.

As much as I hate Chelsea and the way they went around buying trophies at least they managed to win a few at a time. The fact that with two games to go City MIGHT win the league after spending all that money in an otherwise trophyless season is no achievement at all despite how much BBC laud them as a “team”.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

vyelkin posted:

I have to say I was quite shocked by just how poor Unitehd were. If you look deep down into Yaya's pocket you will find a little ginger fella from Oldham. Seriously was Scholes even on the pitch? Giggs, for once, looked his age. Rooney's only agenda for the game seemed to be getting Kompany sent off, and as for Welbecks 720 roll over when infringed by De Jong....woeful.

...is all correct?

I like the unexpected twist this takes.

quote:

Mancini has so far outsmarted, destroyed and obliterated Ferguson at his own games, the mind games. He cranked the pressure up by saying Man Utd were favourites and you can see it in Ferguson and his players eyes that they are thinking "are we? I dont want to be, I dont know if we are" and this doubt has undermined them.

I would liken it to Streetfighter 2, Ferguson would win the 1st round (with Blanka) with a Perfect and would get concerned that he would actually win the next 1, but Mancini (Zangief) has upped the anti and battered him into submission, culminating in Ferguson rolling about 'seeing stars' and being finished by a spinning piledriver.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Twitter during yesterday's Manchester game, notably the first EPL game on ESPN instead of ESPN2:

quote:

@espn never put this crap soccer on espn again it sucks man I'd rather drink methamphetamine and turds...soccer is boring and sp is cricket

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 1, 2012

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Twitter during yesterday's Manchester game, notably the first EPL game on ESPN instead of ESPN2:

Here are a whole bunch of them: http://deadspin.com/5906430/id-rather-drink-methamphetamine-and-other-complaints-about-soccer-being-on-espn

My favorite is the first: a guy with two earrings calling soccer gay.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

I am watching soccer on regular white people espn and there are loving Spanish commercials... Welcome to America

What is this country coming to... I'm watching soccer on ESPN and a 100% Spanish AT&T commercial comes on. Don't you know we speak American!

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I don't care what anybody says. I don't care that the match doesn't matter, I don't care that it was a second team, and I don't care that we have the final.

I wouldn't expect a relegated Championship side to play football as bad as that. Utterly atrocious and embarrassing performance.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Redundant posted:

I don't care what anybody says. I don't care that the match doesn't matter, I don't care that it was a second team, and I don't care that we have the final.

I wouldn't expect a relegated Championship side to play football as bad as that. Utterly atrocious and embarrassing performance.

This doesn't belong in this thread.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

vyelkin posted:

This doesn't belong in this thread.
They were bad but "a relegated Championship side" was what caught my attention.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

belgend posted:

I am watching soccer on regular white people espn and there are loving Spanish commercials... Welcome to America

What is this country coming to... I'm watching soccer on ESPN and a 100% Spanish AT&T commercial comes on. Don't you know we speak American!

I thoroughly enjoyed this ad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

quote:

Dion dublin: Suarez goal was an easier skill than crouch's.

In other words....

Dion dublin: "i'm black, suarez hates black people, therefore i'll go crouch"