Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Mister Kingdom posted:

Unless they're animated.

The Green Lantern Corps accepts robots? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The have a planet and a math equation who are lanterns and robots are where you draw the line?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's Aya. The ship's AI. "She" decided she could be more helpful if she had a physical form.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Barudak posted:

The have a planet and a math equation who are lanterns and robots are where you draw the line?

Oh I wasn't drawing any lines, I'm just 15 years out of the loop and it took me by surprise, is all :downs: I need to start reading comic books again. I meant it more along the lines of "The Rings can choose robots to be their bearers?" then a "Why do they accept robots at all" type deal.

Mister Kingdom posted:

That's Aya. The ship's AI. "She" decided she could be more helpful if she had a physical form.

Ah, that explains that. Like a not-creepy version of a certain recent video game I won't mention by name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yup

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Verizon mother's day ad is great because it shows a mother and daughter sobbing while pointing at one of their products.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Aintain posted:

Is there only one of these stores or :psyduck: I mean how do you know most of them smoke pot? And does pot actually make you drive faster or something? If I ordered food, I would rather get it from a guy who isn't high as hell.

Just trust him, he's right. And it must make them drive faster because I have never seen a JJ driver going less than 20 over the limit.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

robot roll call posted:

Just trust him, he's right. And it must make them drive faster because I have never seen a JJ driver going less than 20 over the limit.

I've only driven once after smoking weed and I kept looking down at the speedometer and realizing I was going 35 in a 55 and no matter how many times I sped back up to 55 I would look down and I was going 35 again.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
There's a new commercial for Post Grains cereal that's pretty annoying. It's basically just has a bunch of women wandering around in a field saying how hard it is to eat right so just eat their lovely cereal instead.

"They say you're supposed to count calories, eat more protein and cut down on carbohydrates, but that is sooooo confusing. Just eat our cereal instead because it's made of grains you see so it's healthy and we're women and everything we put in our bodies is healthy because we're women and we know best!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

I've only driven once after smoking weed and I kept looking down at the speedometer and realizing I was going 35 in a 55 and no matter how many times I sped back up to 55 I would look down and I was going 35 again.

So you're saying you had trouble driving at a consistent speed of 55 miles per hour?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vakal posted:

There's a new commercial for Post Grains cereal that's pretty annoying. It's basically just has a bunch of women wandering around in a field saying how hard it is to eat right so just eat their lovely cereal instead.

"They say you're supposed to count calories, eat more protein and cut down on carbohydrates, but that is sooooo confusing. Just eat our cereal instead because it's made of grains you see so it's healthy and we're women and everything we put in our bodies is healthy because we're women and we know best!"

About 10-12 years ago: CARBS CARBS CARBS CARBS CARBS CARBS CARBS

About 5-6 years ago: ANTIOXIDANTS ANTIOXIDANTS ANTIOXIDANTS ANTIOXIDANTS

About 3 years ago: FIBER FIBER FIBER FIBER FIBER FIBER

About 2 years ago: WHOLE GRAIN WHOLE GRAIN WHOLE GRAIN WHOLE GRAIN WHOLE GRAIN

I can't wait to see what the next buzzword is.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

DJExile posted:

Green.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Green.

Soylent?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Kingdom posted:

Unless they're animated.

Anyone who puts tits on a robot should either get therapy or kill themselves. Maybe both.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

DJExile posted:

GLUTEN FREE GLUTEN FREE GLUTEN FREE GLUTEN FREE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

100 Years in Iraq posted:

Anyone who puts tits on a robot should either get therapy or kill themselves. Maybe both.

They made the robot a woman because otherwise none of the main cast was female.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Stairs posted:

GLUTEN FREE GLUTEN FREE GLUTEN FREE GLUTEN FREE

Too specific. Gluten Free only matters if you're actually allergic to gluten.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DJExile posted:

You've missed ORGANIC, GRASS-FED / FREE-RANGE and FAIR TRADE.

The current big ones are ARTISAN and FARM-TO-TABLE.

Oh, and loving LOCAVORE LOCAVORE LOCAVORE LOCAVORE

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

jojoinnit posted:

Are you kidding? I know way too many people who now cook and eat gluten free because they heard from someone that gluten totally causes all of these horrible things to happen to normal people!

None of them are actually allergic to gluten, of course.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone else think of "I Just Had Sex" by The Lonely Island when they see the new Mountain Dew commercial?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Why do lawyer commercials always have the narrator say "I am a non-attorney spokesperson"? Do lawyers think it makes them seem less ambulance-chasery to not appear in their own commercials or is there actually some sort of law saying they can't?

Also, has anyone ever lost the attention of a member of the opposite sex due to dandruff? I'm not sure I've ever even seen dandruff in real life (to be fair I'm not very observant about that kind of thing) but if you payed attention to commercials you'd think it was one of the top ten problems facing humanity.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The Moon Monster posted:

Why do lawyer commercials always have the narrator say "I am a non-attorney spokesperson"? Do lawyers think it makes them seem less ambulance-chasery to not appear in their own commercials or is there actually some sort of law saying they can't?

I suspect it's more about the narrator being good on camera.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I suspect it's more about the narrator being good on camera.

Anyone seen those Binder and Binder commercials, I think in the NYC area, where it's the lawyer himself and he's wearing a cowboy hat and suit and the whole thing is super awkward? That's why lawyers don't do their own commercials.

e: found it. he only gets two sentences and it's still awkward as hell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb_pmbO_R4w

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

The Moon Monster posted:

Why do lawyer commercials always have the narrator say "I am a non-attorney spokesperson"?
Because they legally have to.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Timby posted:

Oh, and loving LOCAVORE LOCAVORE LOCAVORE LOCAVORE

Yeah, I knew I was gonna forget a few, but what is this one? :confused:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Only eating locally produced food. Shame about all those Alaskans who are gonna die from scurvy!!
I put locavores down with the same group who think every individual should grow their own food and poo poo. Its inefficient and you'll never get everything you need that way, so why bother?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Vicas posted:

Anyone seen those Binder and Binder commercials, I think in the NYC area, where it's the lawyer himself and he's wearing a cowboy hat and suit and the whole thing is super awkward? That's why lawyers don't do their own commercials.

He wears it because he's embarrassed about going bald.

I've seen enough of those commercials in the past to see that hairline slowly recede.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Having just seen the T-Mobile ad where she rides a bike, I can say without question that it is a great ad, if not the greatest of all time. The only part I didn't like was when it started talking about phones.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

jojoinnit posted:

This hasn't stopped it from becoming the latest trend. I have two cousins with celiac disease, and it's weird seeing all of this pop up all of a sudden.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
My current bane: STREEEEEEAMMMM....STREAM STREAM STREEEEEEEEEEEEAM STREAM.

gently caress you Comcast.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Vicas posted:

e: found it. he only gets two sentences and it's still awkward as hell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb_pmbO_R4w

We get them in Florida too. The cowboy hat makes me lol every time

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Thwomp posted:

My current bane: STREEEEEEAMMMM....STREAM STREAM STREEEEEEEEEEEEAM STREAM.

gently caress you Comcast.

This has been stuck in my head all loving day. If only there was some way for your TV to tell the station which provider it is already signed up with, so it can broadcast some other ad.

The most annoying part for me is the guy near the end who tries to sing super low and it stands out SO BAD.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

vyst posted:

They're probably a nationwide service, but I wasn't sure. And yeah the cowboy hat owns so much. It's so beautifully out of place that it borders on parody.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

vyst posted:

I believe you're forgetting the Christmas version of the Tax Masters commercial.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

muscles like this? posted:

They made the robot a woman because otherwise none of the main cast was female.
Robots aren't female, they're robots! Which is why putting tits on them is weird :arghfist::mad:

For robots that are voiced by men they don't go around sticking a big metal dick on them, do they?

Ignoring this simple concept results in ME3's EDI, a robot with tits and camel toe.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

I believe you're forgetting the Christmas version of the Tax Masters commercial.

Please tell me this is Patrick Cox with his huge massive beard and a santa hat on because that would be super.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If a robot wants to self-identify as female I dunno why y'all genderists got such a problem with it :colbert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A cameltoe that, I'll point out, you had to actively switch her to an alternate outfit to get. :raise: The point is still valid, however.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

100 Years in Iraq posted:

Robots aren't female, they're robots! Which is why putting tits on them is weird :arghfist::mad:

For robots that are voiced by men they don't go around sticking a big metal dick on them, do they?

Ignoring this simple concept results in ME3's EDI, a robot with tits and camel toe.

There's an in show explanation as to why the AI is in a female body (she stole the body image of a character's dead wife.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I see Subway is back to their usual "if you don't eat Subway, YOUR INSTANTLY FAT" ads again. :fuckoff: