Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
The heat doesn't fade; it continues to flutter just under Dolan's skin as the reply comes faintly and with apparent strain. Borrowed energy... can give it back now. I'm stronger... can lend you strength, too, in your mind...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Well, if it was his own energy to begin with... Do it. This message needs to be sent.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

As soon as the acceptance leaves his mind, Dolan can 'hear' an overjoyed squeal in his head. Heat flares all over his body, painfully hot, and then dies out all but completely. Your eyes! I can SEE! The voice says, giddily. Memories don't do it justice- but time enough to talk. Here, sweet Dolan! What I took from you, and more besides! Cast your spells, I will help!

Almost unbidden, the runes for the telepathic spell rise to the front of Dolan's mind. Somehow, the energy seems... sharper, clearer, even with the disconcerting sensation that there are two minds inspecting them at once. Voice doesn't make any trouble, or try to do anything but observe, and the dwarf can readily feel a new swell of warm energy inside him that hadn't been there before. It is there to be called on, and when he does the voice wriggles with a slight flare of happiness; soon enough, the dwarf is able to send his message across the distance separating the party and Noah, finding after no small difficulty the guard captain's mind. Now there are, or seem to be, three separate minds communing at once; even without Dolan's new passenger muddying the waters, she can't quite perfectly contain her own roiling emotions. The captain radiates fright and then anxiety, before slowly shifting to curiosity. "I didn't know you could do that," he says into an empty office, quietly. "An army? drat, I hoped the mayor's sources were wrong. If you can get a better idea of their numbers, that'd be helpful. If you can find the refugees... which you probably can't... that'd be slightly less helpful. Plenty of time to rescue them later after the army's dealt with. And if there isn't time to rescue them later, it's probably already too late. Do you understand?"

Dolan has gained a package (Spirit Symbiosis I) worth 0 CP:

+1 Level of Magery with same restrictions (+8 CP)
+2 FP (+6 CP)
Perk: Deep Sleeper (+1 CP)
Disadvantage: Magic Susceptibility 2 (-6 CP)
Disadvantage: Slow Riser (-5 CP)
Reputation -1 (minor spirits (small group), all the time) (-3 CP)
Quirk: Spirit-Ridden (-1 CP)
With a spirit lightly bound to your own body and mind, you are more in tune with magic than ever, as a spirit is all but made of magic; however, you are also more drawn than ever to the dreamlands, and find yourself occasionally having difficulty leaving and much more ease returning.

Congratulations are in order.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

It is a recent development, Dolan answers, in total sincerity. We will attempt to scout the army to determine their numbers. I must also add that I apologize for the suddenness of this contact. Unless there is anything else, I will contact you again in the morning with our report.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Martin de Mignolet

Martin, meanwhile, is watching the horizon (such as it can be seen through the corn) and the skies while the others do their work. There was still a part of his mind that didn't quite 'get' magic, even in light of recent events; and after Dolan's initial struggles during the battle outside Noah there was some skepticism as well. In any case he'd leave the magic to the mages and focus on everything else, a stern look on his face while he gazed into the distance.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"Got it. I'll let the mayor know." And then the guard begins... thinking about nothing. Or thinking about thinking about nothing, or thinking about thinking about thinking... his mind is effectively blank, and after a few seconds it starts giving Dolan a headache. It may just be that he didn't like having his mind invaded. Meanwhile, there's no sign of pursuit, or of the army surging onto the move; without the view from the hill, the party couldn't prove they weren't completely alone.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Dolan severs the connection, and stands up, feeling rather energized after being so exhausted a moment ago. "It's done. Dirksen would like us to scout the enemy, see if we can't get an idea of their numbers." He looks to Isit. "We'd best wait until night to attempt this, I imagine?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Content to sit in the high cornfield and wait as Dolan did his magic. Alec looked up into the sky and thought on more things that had been bothering him lately. He wasn't paying much attention to even the enemy, his mind was too full of possibilities. Probabilities flew through his head as he looked at life in a way he had never thought of it. His small home beside a rocky fjord had not allowed such time to oneself. Sloth was death and was met with such disdain as to actively discourage contemplation. Tonight Alec was going to try to do like Lor'El did only this time with a clear purpose in mind. A greeting hall for a few very important people.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

A rustling in the stalks heralded Lette's return. She brushed a few stray leaves off her clothing and adjusted her bandanna. "Adds a day or two to our trek, figure. What of the others? Of Kat's ma, the rest?"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Isit nods before taking a leaf from the pouch around her belt and chewing it. Was going to be a long night, and she needed all the help she could get staying up. Speaking in a near whisper, she out lines what admittedly might be a bad plan. "Yeah, scouting out that army would be good, but I think that's something that would be a two man job. Too many people that are not good at remaining unseen. And it wouldn't do to have us all be captured, since they'll very likely execute anyone caught. I'm thinking me and someone else who has decent woodcraft go our separate ways to try and count that camp while the rest of you head away from this place."

Swallowing the leaf, she starts chewing another. "Dolan, you can do that mind message thing, yeah? Sunrise tomorrow, and you can send me and the other person your location, and get information from the scouts. We'll have to figure out a password before hand, so as not to be tricked by any shape shifting assholes. Now this is dangerous work, and I won't push it on anyone, but I think Lo'el would be a good fit for the other, since an army of mixed creatures might not execute a faun right away. Especially if he sweet talks them. Lette might be a decent fit too, since she fits the part of a young refugee well." Sighing, she starts to go through her pack, parceling out supplies she'd need. "Look, I think this might be our best bet, unless one of you has been holding out, and can turn into a magic pixie and scout by air. I'll go alone if no one wishes to volunteer, but damned if I'm letting Noah fall."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin de Mignolet

"Hmm." Martin considers Isit's plan for a moment, callused fingers idly playing with his now slightly scruffier-looking beard. As if his thoughts were turning into a war within his head, his right hand raises to the bridge of his nose, and he closes his eyes, looking uncomfortable.

Then he grins, looking almost slightly manic, and looks up. "Well! Here we certainly have some dangerous work. I would be remiss if I did not volunteer myself. If no one else is keen on throwing themselves into the lion's den, I would do so gladly and spare you the risk. Besides, I've some skill at remaining unseen, although I confess this is not my preferred place to try those talents."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Well, you're a good fighter, and I believe you can be sneaky, but I was a bit afraid they might be less inclined to spare a human noble if caught. I'm just a bit concerned with your lack of ...let's call it country experience. I suppose we could camouflage you a bit." She shoots him a meaningful look. "We also need someone with a good head on their shoulders, and experience with this sort of thing here as well."

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

"The refugees are a low priority right now," Dolan says. "In the very unlikely event we can get them out safely without endangering ourselves, we can make that attempt. Otherwise," he shrugs.

"Sunrise tomorrow," he says to Isit, nodding. "'As for a password, 'Get caught outside in any incliment weather?' to which you respond 'Aye, nothing I couldn't stand, but I need a stiff drink.' One of the various standbys I used to use."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

There was something that, perhaps some months ago, might have seemed off-putting about organizing an expedition based on which candidate was least likely to be killed if captured. Somehow, the genre of this situation, if not the particularity of it, was beginning to develop a worn softness of familiarity, not unlike a boot just starting to break in.

"I don't know that any of us have proper scout training but you," she said to the elf. Nevertheless, she considered the proposition. One thought that came to mind: if remaining unnoticed is the goal, her style of magic was right out, limiting her options straightaway. At this moment in time, that had an appeal all its own.

"Maybe you're the best-suited to make the choice. At any rate, we know what we're doing and where we're going in advance. So we ought to put our heads together and use the last of the bright hours to make sure whoever does go is proper camouflaged."

Lette's got Camouflage 12, though she is by no means the best in the gang. Can we work cooperatively to nail an effective score higher than any of us could individually?

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"I like that Dolan, it's hard to guess or duplicate. Make sure to drop mentions of fake passwords in conversation as you go, just in case you attract ears." Isit nods at the girl, she had a good head on her shoulders. "I'm ashamed I didn't think of that Lette. Suppose it's Martin and me then. Let's gather some debris, and make something halfway decent." Pausing a moment, she puts a heavy pouch in the girls hand. Before pulling her aside for a moment. "That's all the cash I have minus twenty gold. If I don't return it's your, along with anything else of mine."

Camouflage 12 here as well.

NoControl fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 30, 2012

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin de Mignolet

"Alright." With a steely glint in his eye, Martin nods affirmatively, then drops his pack, detaches his coin-purse from his belt, and drops it on top with a clink. "The less noise the better, and I'll not need any of this save the water. We should eat before we go and travel light as possible. If the rest of you would be so kind as to watch my things until I return," he adds with a self-satisfied grin, "I would be most obliged. I leave it to you should the unthinkable happen." He does not see this as a possibility, of course. Even if cornered or captured, he would yet find a way out. He always did. Long would Wallin's champion walk free, no matter the odds.

"Now let's set about making ourselves a bit harder to see, eh?"

Camouflage defaults to Survival-2, so 9. I'll use extra effort to add +2 if applicable, and if one of the others can successfully help, if that's even a thing, then that could also raise it I guess? Also if Disguise helps, it's at 12. Of the equipment, anything marked as being in the backpack is dropped, save the wineskin.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

quote:

...trail which then shifted and changed into that of a hawk. More concerning still was Miss Lette confirming through her magic with music that the strange being also wore the face of one of the men he had recently killed before shifting and taking flight. We soon fled from the hill and found ourselves back in the cornfield, waiting on Sir Dolan's message to Noah and discussing our next move to-

His quill stops suddenly as Martin's pack falls near him and breaks him from his writing trance. Having caught a few words of their conversation, the faun returns his journal to his pack and stands to join in.
"Are you certain of this? I dread to think of what may happen if they caught you. That being said; I would certainly not mind taking your place Sir Martin." It was a lie. And he was sure the others could tell it was from his twitching ears and nervous eyes. But he was beginning to feel awfully useless compared to the skilled people he found himself with on this journey, and innocent lives were depending on him. "T-that is not completely true I suppose... It is just that, I feel I must do something to help these innocent lives that would be at the mercy of this army. I used to hunt and scout possible dangers for the herd back in the forests, but these fields are a different story. If you would prefer that I put my skills to another use, then I will of course do so, but I will certainly take your place if you wish, Sir Martin. Now, let me see if I can use these cornstalks for a disguise, as the others did."

Assisting, if I can, with the camouflage and also spending all my CP to raise IQ by 1.
So with that; Camouflage - 15.

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 30, 2012

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin de Mignolet

Martin stops and stares quizzically at the faun, his swagger momentarily set aside. Blinking, he takes a moment to drag the words back from the corners of his mind, words that seemed to temporarily flee in his shock. "...huh. Well, I understand. You are a brave one, master faun, although I think you know less of what you are getting into here. And I could hardly let someone put themselves at risk in my place. It is my fate to do that for others instead. You are willing, though, and perhaps you might do well in other ways than I."

With a soft, contemplative expression - more philosopher than swashbuckling hero here - he shrugs and looks over at Isit. "This is your plan - so I leave it to you. If you think it would be safer for Lo'el than myself, I will accept that decision and make sure the others here are safe. I would rather go, of course, but it is more important that we ensure information comes back to Noah."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

She gives Lo'el an appraising look before shrugging. The man was scared, no doubt about it. "You'll do fine Martin. I'd rather have someone who has less fear due to experience. No offense Lo'el, but you look too nervous for my tastes. And I suppose it's never bad to leave an expert tracker behind. Just remember to hide your trail and disguise the camp."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"Brave is not exactly a word I would ever use to describe myself, just willing to help where I can." he says with a grin before turning to Isit. "No offence at all, my lady." He could hardly take offence at the truth. Still, he did not feel much safer in the fields with the others now that he knew what dangers might be lurking in them. His cheeks flush red a little at being called an expert though. "I will do my best to act as a scout of sorts in your absence." He then digs his hooves rather forcefully into the ground, kicking up dirt and producing a small divot into which he pours some water and mixes up some mud. "Some of the hunters in the herd did this trick to take the shine from their skin." he says, digging his hands into the mud and moving over to Martin. "Hold still, Sir. It will leave you with a strong desire for a wash, but it should help keep you hidden."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin de Mignolet

"If you say it will help, I certainly trust you on that," said Martin coolly, trying his best to stand as still as possible. He had an idea of what was about to be done, and he understood the principle, even if he was less adept at applying it as others in his company might be. "And if I might say so, before you begin: you volunteered to go, knowing what could happen. Perhaps not because you didn't understand the danger, but just because you wanted to help...hm." If he was not standing perfectly still, he would shrug; instead he merely smiles warmly. "That is bravery, even if you say otherwise."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"As I said, I would never call myself brave... However, I will not stop you from saying so." He gives the man a toothy grin, tail swaying freely behind him as he then smears a fine amount of mud on the man's face.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"Well, that looks fun," she says with a smirk, scooping up a grape-sized gob of wet mud and lobbing it playfully at Martin's face.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin de Mignolet

Martin's cheeks briefly flash a little red - at least as much as that can be seen under the mud - and then he grins. "Ha, well, I guess I should have expected that! Lucky for you I said I would stand still..." It was good that the others could retain some good humor; they would need it.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He laughs as he attempts to shield his face from the flying mud. "I would suggest the same disguise for us, but it would be quite useless if we have a not-so-easily-hidden mule with us." He grins broadly. "Although, I could still do the same for you Lette, if you wish?"

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Lette lets fly another small mass, this time at Lo'el. "Or I could you! Ain't supposed to ask permission to-... oh, you meant real camouflage. Well, let's see to these two, first, get them 'fit to mate the land.'" This last, she speaks more soberly. "As da used to say," she adds by way of explanation, not that anyone had asked.

She begins gathering corn stalks and leaves.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

As the afternoon wears on into evening, the party gets muddy and ready for a stealthy pair of excursions towards the nearby army. They've got a plan- a good plan- and know who will go hither and who will go yon. Isit and Martin- and a few others- are duly painted up with mud to be all but invisible from afar, cloaks also adorned with dirt to prevent those from standing out. It's not quite up to Wren's standards, but for a battlefield job it's more than serviceable.

From the general direction of the hill, a loud, piercing howl rings out, followed by a series of what sound like extremely shrill shrieking laughs. A few minutes later, the chorus of laughter sounds out again... slightly closer. With a second hearing, both Lo'el and Lette can recognize the sound; it's a small pack of hyenas.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"A strange phrase." he says to Lette, letting his grin fade to a smile as he continues to work on the task at hand. "He sounds like a good man though. I was wondering if-" He cuts himself off and spins around as his ears twitch and catch the sound of the approaching pack. "Hush." He drops to a crouch and grabs his spear, head cocked to the side as the sound of laughter comes closer. "I have read of these creatures. Either a pack of hyenas or gnolls, and both sound just as dangerous as the other. We may not be able to run far or hide well with the mule, but I think we should leave. Fighting could very well draw attention from this army, if these creatures are not with them already of course."

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 1, 2012

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

The elf balks at the noise before shaking her head. "No, they'll run us down if we flee with a mule in tow. The camp was a bit far off so we might have a chance they didnt hear those shrieks.Besides, they can track by smell can't they? We're in trouble now." Pointing at Martin, she gestures to the corn field. "We are already disguised, so let's use it to set up an ambush. Visibility is poo poo, so try not to use a bow if you got a spear. Form up like a half assed phlanx, and Martin and me will strike from behind. Alec, if you could draw thier attention when they get nearby, that'd be helpful, and give us a better chance of ambushing. Yell at them challenge things like with the centaurs." Pulling out her bow. Isit makes to hide herself in the cornfield, putting the group between her and the hill.

Stealth13, readying the bow with a bodkin arrow

NoControl fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 1, 2012

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

"The elf is right. Keep quiet until we know we're seen," Dolan says. Hiding himself in amongst the corn isn't difficult, so he moves only a short distance away from the others and tries to keep low. Hopefully the wind wouldn't carry their scents to the enemy if they weren't wild animals.

Stealth 11

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He brings himself closer to the ground as Isit lays out her plan, gripping his spear tightly as the familiar feeling of dread starts to form in his stomach. If they weren't attempting to sneak away, then a fight seemed all but certain at this point.
"They sound closer then before, I fear they may have seen us already." He takes a few more paces into the cornfield, spacing himself from the others. "I'm starting to think that bringing the mule along was a bad idea."

Stealth - 12

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"Will you leave Fenton alone," she hisses. "He can't help it!"

As apt as the ambush sounds, it strikes Lette as unnecessarily fragile in its present form. They get one shot at a surprise; it needs to be as robust a shot as possible. "We should have more than one person be bait," she explains, still in a whisper. "If there's a chance they can smell that there's more than one person, better that we show them just that." If they give a clue that anyone is hiding, then one or fifty won't make a difference; surprise doesn't come back from the dead.

"For now, shh. Maybe they'll turn. If they don't, though, they'll see the three of us," she says, indicating Fenton, Alec and herself. She turns to Alec, using her spear to motion him over to her and the mule. "If they're gnolls, then say you're my husband," she instructs.

"... Assuming they bother to ask."

I will also be bait, for reasons expressed.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 2, 2012

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin de Mignolet

"Hmph." Martin says nothing else, thinking it almost slightly incomprehensible that those expressing the need for such stealth would spend so many words right now. Quietly, he draws his sword, and starts to slowly and quietly sneak to the right, crouching low, giving him some space in the hopes of being able to circle around later, should their pursuers find them. The bow, of course, would be near useless for him here; he would have to get close again.

Stealth 14.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

In the field but a few feet away from all the talk of scouting and who would go where. Alec day dreamed for most likely the first time in his life. His mind full to the brim of new and dangerous thoughts. He realized that for the most part he had not ever truly took time to examine himself and his own ways of doing things. These flat plains held no secret that he really desired for himself. The only desire Alec truly ever wanted was a family and a home, and he had built both with his own hands. Though his wife was now dead and he had no children, he had no want for love and affection from his family. These had filled his desire and wants for the most part, and though he had rejected a few women who wanted to bond their life with his, he felt it wasn't time yet to take another wife. No, for the first time in a long time, he really wondered what his duty was. Was his duty to save these people or was it to show them how to solve their problems? Could it be that it was the Empire itself that needed to be remade with a new image. These he tossed aside, he had seen what this had done to the Rugii and decided a different route. If he could get Weß and Vuoksi to decide on the fate of these people he would know which course to take, then he would know his duty and truly be done with it. He had a Hall on the hills waiting for him, kept up by his family waiting his return or for the Seers to send message that he was defeated and dead. He knew they would not weep for him, for he had died doing what was best for all of them. If only the reality of actually being here was so clear cut. Motives and Imagination had brought Alec much grief today and he assumed tonight as well. If he would have but his own dreams, he would try a few things, to solve this. The Spirits would out number the men in their current position, and soon this world would be nothing but the dead or lingering echoes of those lost forever.

Alec's trance was broken by the sound he leaned up and crouched down moving toward the others only now hearing Lor'El talk about the Mule, straining instead for more information about strange men. "They found the bodies they must have."

With a strange eyebrow raised Alec reaches into his pack and takes a leather strap, used for straps on the mule out, and says simply to Lette "Give me your hand for but a moment and we will do this properly so we can disguise ourselves."

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 1, 2012

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

She glanced up at the northerner, then at the strap in his hands, raising an eyebrow. "Oh," she said, offering her hand and turning her attention back to the hillside. "So you're doing like a wedding bangle thing? Good idea." Alec had been so inwardly focused recently, it was good to see him committing to the role.

Maybe they wouldn't even need to fight. It was probably a vain hope, but it is sometimes necessary to take the sort you can get.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec ties the hands together and holds his hand over it. Looks into her eyes and says

"Ég kalla til þín Weß
Koma okkur saman
Í ljósi þínu lát
Okkur að verða eitt
Ég tek hlutverk föður
Eins og virðingu og
Til að prófa mettle minn
Svo við viljum að hluta

Ég tek þig, Lette"

Alec tugs the leather ritualistically, looking up and whispering these words.
Alec looks to Lette and says now say "Ég tek þig, Alec and what is your fathers Role... Profession? Then the magic will be done."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Lette looks on as the bangle... doesn't really look like she was expecting. Then he starts speaking. "What- wait, what are you doing!? What magic?!" That came out a lot louder than was probably ideal.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

"The Magic to make what you said you want to happen, of course, it will not hurt at all, I just need you to say those two things and then it will be done and we are ready. And ready for the coming beasts." Alec says this while nodding sympathetically these things always strike Fear in the heart of first timers.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 1, 2012

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"What I sai-noooo nononoNONONO!" Fully shouting, Lette wrests her hand free from the tie and, without thinking, launches it at Alec's face in one wide, open-palmed slap. The sound is gratifying.

"That is not what I said, Alec! No!" she fumes, dispensing with the usual titles. "It was pretend!"

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec rubs his cheek and looks very surprised "I do not lie, at all. Or pretend, We made our words before Weß as nothing but the truth, so I made it happen." Alec looks absolutely horrified at the prospect of lying. "After all I even called to Weß and took your fathers role out of respect, if you want a divorce, we can always get that. After the Sun sets of course, since we could not do it before. I was just trying to make it more traditional out of respect of you, that is why I wanted you to say that!" Alec looks shocked! Battlefield marriages were not uncommon at all, and normally done in less than clothed conditions and only a few words. Rubbing his cheek he wonders what craziness would come next, staring at Lette, mortified.

• Locked thread