Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

You eat lovely steak my friend.

silver alt found

front wing flexing posted:

Are you comparing a hyosung to a Ducati?

Yes, of course, what else would I be doing. I can tell you that I was not making a comparison to justifying purchasing decisions based on intangible concepts.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I can tell you that I was not making a comparison to justifying purchasing decisions based on intangible concepts.
Oh poo poo. Here we go.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chill bro, I said I wasnt

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I don't understand why people buy Hyosungs, the build quality on these things is terrible compared to other brands. All the plastic edges are sharp and not very well put together.

Colours are butt ugly too, kinda looks like they have the CEOs 5 year old son running the design department.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Hyosung is literally the Kia of motorcycles.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Xovaan posted:

Cheap, kinda dependable, and with great warranties that will end up being a viable option in a few years?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Xovaan posted:

No, Hyosung is metaphorically the Kia of motorcycles. FIGHT'S ON

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Uthor posted:

Cheap, kinda dependable, and with great warranties that will end up being a viable option in a few years?

"Kinda dependable" is just another way of looking at "slightly unreliable"

Literally.

Fight's on, homeslice.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Xovaan posted:

"Kinda dependable" is just another way of looking at "slightly unreliable"

Everything humans have ever made is at least "slightly unreliable".

VVV I'd classify yours as "useless"

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 30, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'd classify your post as "slightly useful".

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Everything humans have ever made is at least "slightly unreliable".

Except the Kia and Hyosung, which are "questionably reliable", putting them firmly between "slightly unreliable" and "unreliable"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Does this mean I'll have to stop making fun of Suzuki as Hyosung becomes the new crappiest mass-market brand?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

A friend of mine has a Hyosung and has never had a problem with it since he's had it - 2 years so far, for what it's worth.

That said, I don't like them.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Their cruisers are very subtle and tasteful.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

New Hyosung will probably be Kymco. I have to park next to some assholes Venox almost every day. And every day I look at it and think, "god what a piece of poo poo." because some of the components look so obviously roughly machined.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ola posted:

Their cruisers are very subtle and tasteful.

My roommate's riding one of these now, except UM is still stamped on the cases and the previous owner put straight pipes on the thing, making it pop every time on deceleration.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Odette posted:

Colours are butt ugly too, kinda looks like they have the CEOs 5 year old son running the design department.

Yeah the model logo has always bothered me. It really looks like the CEOs 5 year old designed it with Paint Shop Pro.

But while googling for that I found this: http://www.moto-station.com/article3088-nouveaute-moto-2008-la-nouvelle-hyosung-650-comet-au-mondial-.html

I'd like to see it from other angles but that looks pretty drat sexy to me if it's priced well...

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Ringo R posted:

Yeah the model logo has always bothered me. It really looks like the CEOs 5 year old designed it with Paint Shop Pro.

But while googling for that I found this: http://www.moto-station.com/article3088-nouveaute-moto-2008-la-nouvelle-hyosung-650-comet-au-mondial-.html

I'd like to see it from other angles but that looks pretty drat sexy to me if it's priced well...

Holy cow that paint looks atrocious.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

angryhampster posted:

Holy cow that paint looks atrocious.

It looks way worse in reality.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I'm a bit late to the discussion but taking a helmet off is a-ok if the person is having issues breathing. Remember ABCs.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Anything you can do for a punctured lung before paramedics arrive?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

BlackMK4 posted:

Not unless you know how to accurately diagnose the situation.
Even then it depends on if there are fluids getting into the lung and if the lung is collapsed.
If the lung is collapsed you can't just attempt to inflate the lung because you could cause a tension pneumothorax and put pressure on the heart and get air in the chest cavity.
Fixing a collapsed lung or overinflated lung requires special chest seals and decompression needles or a nasopharyngeal tube. Neither of which should be used by anyone who isn't properly trained.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
So they are pretty much hosed when it's shallow and very rapid breathing? I don't care to find myself in the situation again, but it'd be nice to know if there is anything that can be done other than sit there with your thumb up your rear end waiting for EMS to arrive.

edit: Fair enough, you paint a very questionable picture. It'd just be nice to know if there is anything to do in these situations beyond the obvious don't move them unless there is some other danger involved, don't let them move, leave the helmet on unless it obstructs breathing, get EMS routed in, get the scene blocked off, compress the accident scene (questionable, don't care to get into that debate, I wouldn't do it but some people do depending on the situation), keep them talking if they are conscious, notify the ICE contact if available, etc.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 30, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

BlackMK4 posted:

edit: Fair enough, you paint a very questionable picture.

That's pretty much the case.
Basically, you can't do a whole lot unless you've had the medical training to diagnose the situation or the equipment to remedy it.

The important things to remember as a first responder are your ABC's
Airway
Breathing
Circulation

Do what you can to rectify any problems with the above, and relay any problems to the emergency call center.

If the biker in question has shallow strained breathing, at least they're still breathing. At that point it's better that you leave them be rather than to attempt to do anything about it, for fear of making it worse.

hatesfreedom
Feb 20, 2007

I make a profit of three and a quarter cents an egg by selling them for four and a quarter cents an egg to the people in Malta I buy them from for seven cents an egg. Of course, I don't make the profit. The syndicate makes the profit. And everybody has a share.

this dog does not suffer from target fixation, he looks where he wants to go

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I was poking around erikbuellracing.com and noticed they had some "future models" listed. RX, SX, and AX. AX caught my eye so I googled. Forum rumor mill speculates EBR will release a 1125-based adventure model before too long. There's a fantasy photoshop:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Girl eats it while riding dirt. Ouch :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K60a8I8NkYY

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Silver posted:

"Did the brakes not work honey?"

"uuuuunnnggghhhhhgggggghhhh"

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Harley tries to emigrate from Japan back to the good 'ol US, gets stuck in Canada instead. :(

If the owner gets his bike back, they should just get it running again and leave the body as-is. Makes for a cooler story.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Stuck in Canada? for how long, exactly? It looks like it sank in the ocean.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

BlackMK4 posted:

don't move them unless there is some other danger involved, don't let them move, leave the helmet on unless it obstructs breathing, get EMS routed in

Long story short : Listen to the 911 dispatcher until police and EMS are on scene

They'll instruct you on what might need to be done before EMS arrival. Worst case scenario you might get a phone lesson on bystander CPR. Which probably won't matter, as the survival rate for traumatic arrests are very very low.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

Stuck in Canada? for how long, exactly? It looks like it sank in the ocean.

Its flostsam from the 2011 tsunami, it floated over in the back of a van.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-bizarre/japanese-tsunami-harley-reaches-canada/20547.html

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Silver posted:

What is even happening here? She gets spooked going down a hill and punches the throttle?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

angryhampster posted:

What is even happening here? She gets spooked going down a hill and punches the throttle?

She looked completely uncomfortable on that bike. Wow.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

echomadman posted:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-bizarre/japanese-tsunami-harley-reaches-canada/20547.html
I feel like this bike is just BEGGING to be restored. Or (as said above somewhere) half restored to symbolize its incredible journey of tragic circumstance.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

echomadman posted:

Even Poseidon's like "gently caress Harleys, I'm taking this piece of poo poo back to where it came from."

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

BlackMK4 posted:

In theory yes - in practice unless you're way way far away from help its not necessary. If you're talking an open punctured lung you could try to occlude the wound with any sort of airtight material - think lunch baggie. But its probably not necessary because even though a punctured lung is bad its not going to kill you.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

MotoMind posted:

Even Poseidon's like "gently caress Harleys, I'm taking this piece of poo poo back to where it came from."

Everyone knows old Neptune's a Triumph man anyway

Besides with British electrics the salt water of the deep blue sea can't make 'em any worse

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

angryhampster posted:

Pretty sure that's what happened. Looked like panic/whiskey throttle. Ouch that looked painful too. Oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Snowdens Secret posted:

Everyone knows old Neptune's a Triumph man anyway

Granted, but that's not how they roll in Bikini Bottom...