Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I went out and bought some GCs to get a year sub, then I came back and started buying codes for plat in general.

I am now swimming in so much SC that I have no clue what to do with it all. Free subs and expansions for the next two years on 3 accounts I guess.

Edit: on Erollisi

quote:

I have 2 wllmart cards for trade for PP on the Drinal server. Post here if you want them and well hook up.

Get in the serverwide chat, I might be willing to buy those and transfer a plat mule over to pay for them.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I've noticed on a lot of pictures of mobs that I've been seeing, a lot of them have the mobs HP percentage attached to end end of its name. Is this a mod, or something in the options I'm missing?

lotor9530
Apr 29, 2009

cryptoclastic posted:

I've noticed on a lot of pictures of mobs that I've been seeing, a lot of them have the mobs HP percentage attached to end end of its name. Is this a mod, or something in the options I'm missing?

That's the NPC health leader AA.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'd be hella interested in a game card right now but I'm nowhere close to affording one in plat.

E: old paineel is pretty okay. My merc can handle any mob by itself so long as I keep using Light healing on it.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 29, 2012

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Dizz posted:

I find it stupid that they don't have LoN starter packs in the SC store. it's the only way to get avatar cards..

You build your own avatars on the deckbuilder screen.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Dizz posted:

I'd be hella interested in a game card right now but I'm nowhere close to affording one in plat.

E: old paineel is pretty okay. My merc can handle any mob by itself so long as I keep using Light healing on it.

You can make tons of money there. If you make it up to the temple area and the tunnels surrunding the temple, we would make like 10K for a few nights killing stuff there.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I took advantage of the triple station cash yesterday and bought a transfer for Vildeor from Rathe to Luclin. So the guild now has another shaman, but I'm so far behind as I haven't played her since 2006.

Looks like I will duo box wizard and shaman because I don't feel like paying money to unlock my monk on the silver account, and not having access to gate is annoying me.

-I did notice that I had some good weight reduction packs on all my toons on Rathe which I transfered with Vildeor. I also have some pre-Alchemy revamp sow potions. Will these fetch anything in the bazaar?

-I currently have 309 in alchemy with my tradeskill trophy. I can make potions for the guild or with the 50 other boxed shaman we currently have will my filling the guild bank with clarity and damage shield potions annoy everyone?

-Is it legal to use third party programs like autofire to train skills? I was looking to train my spell casting skills while selling some of the things in my trader satchels in the bazaar.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

Ante Christ posted:

not having access to gate is annoying me.

Every character gets the origin AA at level 5. This AA will teleport you to your home town which will have a book to pok close to it. So, basically, every character gets gate at level 5 for free.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ante Christ posted:

-I did notice that I had some good weight reduction packs on all my toons on Rathe which I transfered with Vildeor. I also have some pre-Alchemy revamp sow potions. Will these fetch anything in the bazaar?

Not sure.

-I currently have 309 in alchemy with my tradeskill trophy. I can make potions for the guild or with the 50 other boxed shaman we currently have will my filling the guild bank with clarity and damage shield potions annoy everyone?

Please do, we can never have enough of these

-Is it legal to use third party programs like autofire to train skills? I was looking to train my spell casting skills while selling some of the things in my trader satchels in the bazaar.

Yes, there's no risk using this, go buck wild!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Have room for 4 non-healers or 5 if there's a healer in the mix. I doubt I really need a healer at this point, but I'd rather not fail the boredom that is Murdunks due to a couple bad rounds. Same deal as usual, get your thrall hails done and I'll do the rest, because gently caress you if you think I'm waiting while everyone does hails :shepface:

The hails part sucks all kinds of dick, especially doing it with Totem, gently caress that noise. I think I have 3 hails left and I'm done. I'll probably start playing a bunch more when I finish the J5, it's just frustrating as poo poo trying to kill stuff with J1 mercs.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Peechka posted:

You can make tons of money there. If you make it up to the temple area and the tunnels surrunding the temple, we would make like 10K for a few nights killing stuff there.

Right now I'm restricted to the area where I jumped down the big hole/waterfall as those mobs are all red down that tunnel and can see invis. I think I might stay here until they're blue/light blue though if I can make a hefty sum.

Fishy Joe posted:

You build your own avatars on the deckbuilder screen.

Wait.. What? :psyboom:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
When people say The Hole, are they talking about the Ruins of Old Paineel or that hole in Overthere?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

darkhand posted:

When people say The Hole, are they talking about the Ruins of Old Paineel or that hole in Overthere?

The Ruins of Old Paineel. The zone name is The Hole. I don't think there's a name for the canyon in OT, except calling it the hole/canyon/pit in OT.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dizz posted:

Right now I'm restricted to the area where I jumped down the big hole/waterfall as those mobs are all red down that tunnel and can see invis. I think I might stay here until they're blue/light blue though if I can make a hefty sum.

Wait.. What? :psyboom:

If you take the guild hall portal to Brells Rest there's a portal from brells, about 10 yeards away from where you appear that takes you right to the bottom of The Hole. Saves 2 hours of training/clearing or wondering if you're gonna survive a fall.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Hexel posted:

If you take the guild hall portal to Brells Rest there's a portal from brells, about 10 yeards away from where you appear that takes you right to the bottom of The Hole. Saves 2 hours of training/clearing or wondering if you're gonna survive a fall.

The jump into the hole from paineel book is risk-free now. Not sure when that changed, but you don't take damage from the jump at all.

In other news, I did the first 50-some points of alaran language quests and am pretty happy with the new expansion stuff I missed out on so far. I was getting kind of annoyed with the pre-90 stuff where a single SK or Ranger was killing an entire zone. Killing nameds and questing in the first few VoA zones has been pretty refreshing since it actually gets people grouping again. It's pretty humbling that my monk is sweating just to tank VoA trash after so much effortless earlier-expansion stuff, but then I'm not aa'd that well either and wasn't even expecting to be able to molo the trash at 92 from what people were telling me.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 30, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hexel posted:

Yeah I go to Brell's rest if things get a little too hairy. sadly right now there's absolutely nobody camping the 2 gargoyles at the fake rock and I can't do anything right now.

E: also, I'm not in a guild.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 30, 2012

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

You can make your own guild for portal purposes by simply pressing alt+g. No other requirements other than finding a name that isn't taken, maybe something with some ominous latin words. Then when you find a real guild you'd like to join- hopefully a goon guild, simply type: /guilddelete to exit your portal guild.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ante Christ posted:

This would be against the EULA and subject to a warning or temp ban for first offense. However, the EQ1 team is soo tiny you have very little to no chance at all of being caught as long as you don't stand in the middle of lobby auto casting for 48 hours straight. People have been using wilder programs for many years and the smart ones (common sense) have never been caught.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.
Do they still actively look for people using ShowEQ? Just curious as I know it can save some time checking on or hunting down spawns on epic quests, but if it's still easy to get nabbed using it then I will forgo it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Ylide posted:

Do they still actively look for people using ShowEQ? Just curious as I know it can save some time checking on or hunting down spawns on epic quests, but if it's still easy to get nabbed using it then I will forgo it.

The 2nd box ShowEQ like the old days? Completely safe if you're not a moron.

MQ2 that hooks into EQ? Probably safe if you're not using any active client hacks. And if you don't get caught by the launchpad scanning your processes.

They did step up cheating detection and enforcement a couple months before f2p started and did a couple banning/suspension waves.

And if you're gonna autofire up casting skills, do it in your guildhall where hopefully no one will say anything. Not in the middle of the guild lobby in front of 150 people.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Also don't be a jerk and cheat, other people are looking for spawns too =[

Hakubi
Nov 5, 2007
81 mage on Drinal. Been sitting in splitpaw for an hour or two everyday mindlessly AoE grinding elementals to "beat" the AA wall ... 1200 aa's later and I'm nearly done along with my sanity. 21 (some spent in guild lobby) days played.

When I burn out I do something even more masochistic.... grind trade skills (currently research and tailoring) :suicide:

this game is going to ruin me but the OCD of leaving my last sweetspot and not maxing TS's / AAs is hard to do. I'd hate to do it all over again and not have access to the hole (permacamped on drinal now -- 7 in zone at all time, 2 afk rest fighting over temple

abandon all hope ye who do not roll on a goon server.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

As far as simple programs like the old school autofire program, you would have to really try to get in trouble with it. So long as you are "active" and at the keyboard while using it, there is basically no rule that's being broken.

Complete AFK automation is the only thing they would begin to care about, and it would have to be something incredibly blatant with skill training to get you in trouble.

The337th fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 30, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Hakubi posted:

I'd hate to do it all over again and not have access to the hole (permacamped on drinal now -- 7 in zone at all time, 2 afk rest fighting over temple

Hey that was us pretty much all last week and some this weekend on Drinal, We were pulling like 1/2 the zone from the temple. That poo poo is crazy insane AA. In less than a week we went from like 55-66 with 350AA.

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Hakubi posted:

81 mage on Drinal. Been sitting in splitpaw for an hour or two everyday mindlessly AoE grinding elementals to "beat" the AA wall ... 1200 aa's later and I'm nearly done along with my sanity. 21 (some spent in guild lobby) days played.

When I burn out I do something even more masochistic.... grind trade skills (currently research and tailoring) :suicide:

this game is going to ruin me but the OCD of leaving my last sweetspot and not maxing TS's / AAs is hard to do. I'd hate to do it all over again and not have access to the hole (permacamped on drinal now -- 7 in zone at all time, 2 afk rest fighting over temple

abandon all hope ye who do not roll on a goon server.

Server transfers are cheap!

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
As was predicted this little snow flake just couldn't manage how boring a solo Shaman is. So the rogue I am boxing is going to hit 45 this morning and be able to group with my 67.

But should I group them?

I am of two minds here. On the one hand I can group them and have the Tank and healer merc afk grinding. But if I group them they wont ever close the gap properly so that will always effect my zone choices.

Next, if I do group them, am I correct to assume I should choose mobs based on the higher level correct?

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
If you want them to close the gap, pick mobs that are red to the lower level and green/lb to the higher level. Or just set your AA slider way up on your higher level. Or both.

I started levelling a wizard to group with my 62 mage and once he hit 45 I startes grouping them and slaughtering light blues in Griegs. By the end of the night my wiz was 52 and the mage was 20 AAs and 1 level higher. The gap will close, then you can dual box tougher content. Having a healer and tank merc together is amazing.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

When can I start getting AA levels? and should i start to get a few as a ranger asap?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
AAs start at 51.

Everyone says to stop then and get runspeed, but since you can cast SoW on yourself indoors nowadays, which is equivalent to runspeed 5, you may not want to bother. Conversely, its one less spell to keep up on yourself if you get run 5, until SoE at 65 which also gives you lev (and lasts 3x longer by default).

I'd say get to 65 at least before stopping to AA or even really doing split xp.

Early AAs are so fast that you don't need to worry about being optimal, look through the available options and find something you like. Just avoid the first page (minus runspeed and maybe metabolism if you aren't force feeding) as most of that stuff is useless these days for dps.

Suggestions:
Pick up endless quiver to never have to worry about ammo again, then get melee stuff (combat fury for crits, ferocity for more swings, etc). If you like shooting arrows, get the bow mastery / bow spells like flaming/freezing arrow.

Entrap is also nice and obviates the need to keep a snare memorized. If you're constantly swapping spells, get mnemonic retention for another spell slot. Guardian of the Forest is a neato haste/attack boost on a shortish cooldown that heals you as you get more ranks.

--

Kodaji, are you going to be hitting up PoTime when you get back in? Does anyone do Tacvi for giggles these days? As much as everyone touts defiant weapons, my warrior is really hurting without having agro proc weapons, and would be keen on picking up a DBOTW / BBB while I'm at 70ish, until I can get epic 1.5/2.0. I have the LDoN Anger III augs, and can get the Enraging Blow augs at 70 (should get that tonight) but 3 or 4 procs would definitely be a great help.

Also GMs restored the note on my cleric and basically told me tough poo poo on doing the shield 1.5, until they patch and fix it.

Hoohah fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 30, 2012

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Hoohah posted:

Kodaji, are you going to be hitting up PoTime when you get back in? Does anyone do Tacvi for giggles these days? As much as everyone touts defiant weapons, my warrior is really hurting without having agro proc weapons, and would be keen on picking up a DBOTW / BBB while I'm at 70ish, until I can get epic 1.5/2.0. I have the LDoN Anger III augs, and can get the Enraging Blow augs at 70 (should get that tonight) but 3 or 4 procs would definitely be a great help.

Also GMs restored the note on my cleric and basically told me tough poo poo on doing the shield 1.5, until they patch and fix it.

Both Time and Tacvi actually! They're the two instances I still need for bard clicky and I have no use for War weapons, so the Rallos drop/whatever Tacvi drop are both yours! I've rotted a couple DBotW already, so it's pretty much a guaranteed drop (if you're not online).

At some point I'm hoping Warriors get some manner of aggro other than procs? I can't imagine having to keep DPS to a minimum while I waited on procs to fire. I'm not sure if this is a Knight-only thing, but for us, rune procs >>> straight aggro procs because rune gives super aggro, so you may want to check that out.

Also, I don't know if the anniversary tasks are still around or not, but if they are, 12th and 13th both have guaranteed, cursor-reward face items that give a straight % to all threat you cause. Kodaji's rocking a 22% mod just from the 13th drop, which means a single Terror + a few dots keeps aggro locked on him with zero effort from me whatsoever. VERY worth it if they're still around

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Anyone got an update on the status of Fabled mobs? The question keeps popping up in chat and I don't think i've heard anything definite.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Keith Stone posted:

Anyone got an update on the status of Fabled mobs? The question keeps popping up in chat and I don't think i've heard anything definite.

They're not spawning anymore, but there are still a few stragglers that haven't been killed yet.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah I saw someone in general chat last night begging people to come kill fabled Grummus for him because it was blocking their PoP progressin but nobody wanted to because gently caress PoD. (this was on Vox)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Both Time and Tacvi actually! They're the two instances I still need for bard clicky and I have no use for War weapons, so the Rallos drop/whatever Tacvi drop are both yours! I've rotted a couple DBotW already, so it's pretty much a guaranteed drop (if you're not online).

At some point I'm hoping Warriors get some manner of aggro other than procs? I can't imagine having to keep DPS to a minimum while I waited on procs to fire. I'm not sure if this is a Knight-only thing, but for us, rune procs >>> straight aggro procs because rune gives super aggro, so you may want to check that out.

Also, I don't know if the anniversary tasks are still around or not, but if they are, 12th and 13th both have guaranteed, cursor-reward face items that give a straight % to all threat you cause. Kodaji's rocking a 22% mod just from the 13th drop, which means a single Terror + a few dots keeps aggro locked on him with zero effort from me whatsoever. VERY worth it if they're still around

Dear Friend,

Fix your poo poo and run me through the rest of the J5 merc tasks, I finished my hails using totem(that took loving forever).

Hugs and Kisses,

Shrapnac

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

MrTheDevious posted:

I pull using Bellows (Bazu Bellow at the moment) which is a slug of agro + a stacking agro dot. It's still not enough to guarantee that enchanter or ranger won't pull agro if I mistime debuffs, I have to rely on the anger procs for that and sometimes it sucks. It's right on the cusp, and since I got Bazu Bellow last night, it seems better, but I'm going through endurance like its going out of style now that I have commanding voice as well.

Can I do 12th or 13th in a group of 70s? I had the impression you had to be higher.

Warrior 2.0 is 18% agro mod on its own, plus the two slots to aug I think that would do it for that, but I need a few levels more before I can kill the 1.5 stuff w/o dragging people all over (plus I'm really meh on the idea of 1.5s while I can't do my cleric's god like shield). 2.0 was a joke except for one guy, but I don't remember which one.

There's also a scimitar with a runic proc from Iqthinxa Karnkvi (zoo in Qvic) as well, I was thinking of hitting that but I very, very vaguely remember that until I have decent gear at 65/70, those three animals hit pretty hard and you can't split them. The goat lady herself is a pushover. I'd probably do that one anyways until I get 75+ for offhand, since warrior agro weapons are almost always mainhand only.

Hell, if nothing else I can get the warrior elemental BP which has an agro mod as well, I think.

Brutish Blade of Balance and Darkblade of the Warlord's procs aren't just pure agro, they're like 600 agro + 100 damage + stun, which is nice. Damage part is irrelevant, but the stun is what does it.

I don't remember what the CoA warrior tank weapon is, I don't think it had one since they sort of intended you to go back and clear Tacvi (and get BBBs on the way) after you killed OMM.

Basically if you happen to be doing Tacvi or Time, and I can hoover up stuff you don't need, it's going to be of inestimable benefit to me right now. Doubly so if the Enchanter Serpent drops, maybe Timespinner, Jagged Blade, or the generic weapons. Quarm hammer? who knows! Basically I'd love to tag along with you in Time or Tacvi, they're some of my favorite zones in the game along with CoA, Ashengate, and Crystallos.

Its...somewhat disturbing that I can remember all of this stuff about EQ off the top of my head.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

Hoohah posted:

Its...somewhat disturbing that I can remember all of this stuff about EQ off the top of my head.

I know what you mean. I specifically remember a time a year or two ago where I could quote damage/delay ratios on some of my old bard equipment. This was me being out of the game for 5-6 years.

I drat near choked up when I saw someone had put a Symphonic Saber in the guildbank.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Hoohah posted:

I don't remember what the CoA warrior tank weapon is, I don't think it had one since they sort of intended you to go back and clear Tacvi (and get BBBs on the way) after you killed OMM.

This is all very foggy but I remember the warrior setup being BBoB and 2.0 in that era. Some warriors chose to use the 1hs from Demiplane (off Hatchet?) when that became available. I don't think there was a flat-out raid warrior agro weapon upgrade until the axe from the Ashengate raid. After that they started making regular upgrades - I think there were at least two at level 80, one in Steam Factory and another in Crystallos.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
I'm pretty sure it'd be drat near impossible to get people to do Hatchet for Swiftcleave, so I've completely disregarded that one. I don't think Demiplane or Deathknell have any click items at all, or 'fun' loot. DoDH and PoR were basically wastelands of content, compared to what came before or after.

On the original progression server, I used 2.0 and fabled obsidian blade from Tactics Vallon Zek basically forever, since the ashengate axe never dropped and I stopped playing before getting to Crystallos raids. I don't think there was an agro weapon in Solteris either.

Kerafyrm in Crystallos has that axe and Heor'otor, the evolving weapon that eventually gets chaotic strike. I vaguely recall the item from Steam Factory that you mentioned, but I sort of ignored it since we usually plowed lower tiers too fast to get items from them, and Realm of Insanity had huge periods of poo poo luck for warrior agro weapons!

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Hoohah posted:

DoDH and PoR were basically wastelands of content, compared to what came before or after.

Yeah, I skipped out on these while playing WoW or something. Is there anything worth checking out there? No one I know ever goes to those places but there must be some cool gear or leveling spots hidden away. (I think I ran 68.1 or something for kiting but even that was pre-TSS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Deathknell has some useful clicks and such, but there are some events that still aren't entirely trivial, thanks to scripty events that are still easy to fail. You'd at least need a handful of people for some of them, and assume some failures getting the hang of them.

Notable stuff from Deathknell is the top versions of the Circle of 'XXXX' clicks, a bard speed mount drop, and an all/all invis click with a faster cast time than any others I know of.

Demiplane doesn't really have much useful nowadays, the overhaste click there is the same effect as the one from OMM in Anguish, save for a faster cast time. 2.5 drops are nice if you're a necro or something, but multiple events are scripts that are annoying even today.

I would be interested in mini raiding Deathknell in the future, I'd love to upgrade my Circle of Power I to something better. I've never actually been past event #2 there, the raids I tried it with a couple of years ago always had enough people who were terrible to result in failing it every single run.

The337th fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 30, 2012