Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

For some idiotic reason, I had to export the model turned on its side to get it situated right side up on the player's head. Figure that one out.

Really? When I was stealing borrowing clothing and armor from FO3 mods, a lot of the headgear would end up, in-game, on its side just like you described. I forget what setting I had to flag in FNVEdit, but it ended up correcting the issue. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
The JSawyer mod makes the game so much more visceral, even if you don't play on hardcore. I'm glad I gave it a shot, since I'm not usually big on "lets make it harder" mods. Once you hit Freeside you can become godly as easily as ever... but stimpacks and ammo are just rare enough that the journey along the "normal" road to Vegas is interesting again.

It also seems to have added a few new surprises. There were disgruntled Bright Brotherhood ghouls on the road to Novac that turned me inside out over and over again with energy weapons. I could swear they weren't there before? I managed to divert their attention to a passing caravan, and some of Caesar's goons came over a ridge to mop the lot up.

I spent the last 3/4 of the battle plastered to the backside of a pack brahmin with 20 health and no stimpacks, watching lasers and plasma pew pew by me and praying. The spoils: a couple energy rifles I had about 10 ammo for, and two stimpacks, one regular and one expired. Finally getting to Novac was immensely satisfying.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I'm thinking of clearing out my New Vegas installation and doing a clean playthrough with just JSawyer, CASM, and CONELRAD. When V4 of the JSawyer mod comes out, will have to start a new game or are the changes going to be minor?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

The changes will be minor, mostly just moving CS items to hides holes around the Mojave. Also I added in an axe-related challenge called I Never Axed for This.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Has anyone run into a glitch where it won't let you do the LR dlc because 'you must walk this road alone' when you don't have a companion with you?

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

de_dust posted:

Has anyone run into a glitch where it won't let you do the LR dlc because 'you must walk this road alone' when you don't have a companion with you?

Sounds like you told a companion to wait for you somewhere, I think the companion terminals will let you dismiss them still. There is one at the gun runners kiosk.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

rope kid posted:

The changes will be minor, mostly just moving CS items to hides holes around the Mojave. Also I added in an axe-related challenge called I Never Axed for This.

Cool, I'll go ahead install the current version then and overwrite it when the new one is available. I can only imagine what the new challenge will be like. :allears:

So I just tried playing through some of Angel Park 2. Within 15 minutes of ariving I was shooting Wanamingos, "Tech Aliens", Xenomorphs from the Aliens franchise and several varieties of ghoul. :downsbravo: Also, the balance of the monsters is absolute poo poo.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

misterdoo01 posted:

So I just tried playing through some of Angel Park 2. Within 15 minutes of ariving I was shooting Wanamingos, "Tech Aliens", Xenomorphs from the Aliens franchise and several varieties of ghoul. :downsbravo: Also, the balance of the monsters is absolute poo poo.

Can't say I'm too surprised. You can usually get a good feel for a mod by its Nexus page. In this case, under "New Armor", I'm seeing a picture of a Terminator, the alien from "District 9", and a Xenomorph. All in the same picture. The whole thing looks like a 16 year old's slash-fan-fiction, brought to life in 3D.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Can't say I'm too surprised. You can usually get a good feel for a mod by its Nexus page. In this case, under "New Armor", I'm seeing a picture of a Terminator, the alien from "District 9", and a Xenomorph. All in the same picture. The whole thing looks like a 16 year old's slash-fan-fiction, brought to life in 3D.

I got that fan fiction vibe too, especially after reading some of the notes strewn about the place. Still, I can tell that a decent amount of effort was put forth with world space. The dungeons are a bit convoluted to explore though.

Something that's been bothering me for awhile is the lack of a mod that adds a bunch of dungeons to the game that are actually lore friendly. A World of Pain is nice enough, but a lot of what it adds doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of the Mojave (like an underground series of dungeons that all incidentally connect to each other). I've been thinking of taking a stab at mod making, and the top idea on my list is to add more locations to explore that make sense, look like Obsidian designed them (aesthetically), and that are rewarding to explore with out being loot crazy (or having silly additions like AWOP's Storage Devices). I've also considered doing something like what NV Interiors does, but a bit more vanilla, no outlandish interiors.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure Sarah Conner never looked like this:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

misterdoo01 posted:

EDIT: Also, any chance the database could be updated with the stats of each weapon besides weight/value? Early on I often found myself with several weapons of similar function and caliber and not able to discern which was better stat wise besides checking their sell value on the database.
Here's the internal damage values if you like sets of numbers that mean nothing by themselves: http://pastebin.com/WEXFd1AM

We were going to add functional weapon stats to the database with all the mod types and prices but I kind of fumbled by not writing down any changes I made. I will do that this coming build, but it's going to have to be in a text file and not in a spreadsheet of sorts and that comes down to Naky actually putting it on there which probably won't happen.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
It's not necessarily that I don't want to do it, it's simply a matter of having virtually no time to do it. I've become ridiculously busy IRL and haven't had the free time to do much of anything much less work on the mod. I don't mind throwing up the original spreadsheet though if someone else doesn't mind doing the work involved.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I often have tons of downtime at work (right now I'm at the end of a ten hour shift where literally nothing has happened), I could make a spreadsheet if you provide the data in some readable form.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Woebin posted:

I often have tons of downtime at work (right now I'm at the end of a ten hour shift where literally nothing has happened), I could make a spreadsheet if you provide the data in some readable form.

Well, if you (or anyone else) is serious about that offer, you can find the original database file right here. It has not been updated to include the new 3.0 weapons or changes, however, so you'll likely want to do those while you do whatever else it is that people feel would be helpful or relevant to the database information.

You can also change up the font and formating and such too, if you want. Honestly, the whole thing was thrown together as quickly as possible to give people a guide on what weapons used what modifications and I'm no database wizard.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Alright so I whipped together a little plugin that adds a few guns to the game. I want to add them to NPCs so that they can be used against me. I have created a simple, invisible quest with a distribution script (pretty standard fare)--the script itself is adding the item to leveled lists. My beef with this process is that it seems like I have to add items like so:

"additemtoleveledlist (leveled list) (item) X Y Z", where X is level, Y is quantity, and Z is condition. The thing is, I don't want to set a condition in this manner, because that means every time I find that item, it's going to be in the same condition. You can't simply leave Z blank, though, because the script will think something's broken and it won't save.

I know how to create, say, "ConditionRifleLoot" leveled lists so that there's some sort of randomization to the process, but it doesn't seem like you can do that through scripts. Unless I'm missing something. Plus, I don't trust a lot of these goddamned leveled lists, because it doesn't look like any NPCs use a lot of them.

So basically, given this information, what is the best way to add weapons to NPCs?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Naky posted:

Well, if you (or anyone else) is serious about that offer, you can find the original database file right here. It has not been updated to include the new 3.0 weapons or changes, however, so you'll likely want to do those while you do whatever else it is that people feel would be helpful or relevant to the database information.

You can also change up the font and formating and such too, if you want. Honestly, the whole thing was thrown together as quickly as possible to give people a guide on what weapons used what modifications and I'm no database wizard.
Oh, sorry, I guess I should've been clearer. If I'm to do this at work I really can't install the GECK or anything and go mining for data in the actual mod files. My offer was meant mainly in response to Anime Schoolgirl's mention of putting the info up in a text file - as long as I have access to the stuff in a readable format I can put it into a spreadsheet with no issues. I guess I can try to pretty it up too, but at least to my eyes the database you just posted looks pretty good.

So yeah, if I can get the data on 3.0 changes I can definitely put those in a nice spreadsheet.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Woebin posted:

Oh, sorry, I guess I should've been clearer. If I'm to do this at work I really can't install the GECK or anything and go mining for data in the actual mod files. My offer was meant mainly in response to Anime Schoolgirl's mention of putting the info up in a text file - as long as I have access to the stuff in a readable format I can put it into a spreadsheet with no issues. I guess I can try to pretty it up too, but at least to my eyes the database you just posted looks pretty good.

So yeah, if I can get the data on 3.0 changes I can definitely put those in a nice spreadsheet.

I have a list of the new weapons in 3.0, but not with their modifications. I need to do this list anyway for the changelog, so I can provide this in text form pretty easily. The rest of the information will have to be provided by Anime Schoolgirl when he does the balancing, as he's the one that has the final say on all the values for balancing including the final calibers of the weapons.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Hate to double post but wouldn't want you to miss it either - the relevant information towards the 3.0 update for the database that I can provide for you right now can be found right here. It's not the full changelog and such, but it's all the new additions and any of the relevant changes to modifications that you would need to know to update the database.

The rest of the information, as well as any of the new categories is something Anime Schoolgirl can provide but in the meantime I think you guys should figure out what additional categories you'd like added to make the database more useful. Else I guess we can just leave it up to AS's discretion.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Naky posted:

Hate to double post but wouldn't want you to miss it either - the relevant information towards the 3.0 update for the database that I can provide for you right now can be found right here. It's not the full changelog and such, but it's all the new additions and any of the relevant changes to modifications that you would need to know to update the database.

The rest of the information, as well as any of the new categories is something Anime Schoolgirl can provide but in the meantime I think you guys should figure out what additional categories you'd like added to make the database more useful. Else I guess we can just leave it up to AS's discretion.
All right, using the information you gave me there I've updated the spreadsheet to the best of my ability. I've googled for weapon info that's not in your list and added anything that I felt certain of, but I haven't guessed about ammo types / capacity or anything. Of course this leaves a few holes in the spreadsheet, but if you or Anime Schoolgirl can get me the missing stuff I'll be happy to add it.

Any weapon I couldn't place in a category has been left off the spreadsheet for now, I'll add those too if I can just get help determining where they fit. The spreadsheet as it looks right now is here.

I also made notes alongside yours while figuring things out, so if you want to be able to easily see what I've gone with that's here. Any proofreading would be appreciated too as I probably got a thing or two wrong. For the spreadsheet I kept spelling and naming of the weapons as it was in your Pastebin list, since I figured that's probably what it looks like ingame and the spreadsheet should reflect that.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

:psypop:

(you can see the mod here)

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Naky posted:

ADDED: Colt M4 S.P.R. S.I.R.S. S.O.P.M.O.D. (Fully Modded Tactilawl)(Vertigrip)

:allears:

If I wasn't doing my DR. SCIENCE play-through right now I'd grab this update just for this weapon alone. That and the throw-able nuke.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Woebin posted:

All right, using the information you gave me there I've updated the spreadsheet to the best of my ability. I've googled for weapon info that's not in your list and added anything that I felt certain of, but I haven't guessed about ammo types / capacity or anything. Of course this leaves a few holes in the spreadsheet, but if you or Anime Schoolgirl can get me the missing stuff I'll be happy to add it.

Any weapon I couldn't place in a category has been left off the spreadsheet for now, I'll add those too if I can just get help determining where they fit. The spreadsheet as it looks right now is here.

I also made notes alongside yours while figuring things out, so if you want to be able to easily see what I've gone with that's here. Any proofreading would be appreciated too as I probably got a thing or two wrong. For the spreadsheet I kept spelling and naming of the weapons as it was in your Pastebin list, since I figured that's probably what it looks like ingame and the spreadsheet should reflect that.

Yeah, there's not a whole lot more you can do at this point without AS's contributions but I can give some more information. I forgot two more weapons somehow (musta gazed over them in my text file) and they're:

ADDED: EMSSS (Energy Weapon, currently Microbreeder but could change)
ADDED: LK-05, Red Dot Sight, LAM, Silenced

- FA6 is an energy weapon like the rest of the BF2142 weapons, 100 round electron charge.
- What was Tactical Equipment is now Tactical Assistance Module
- The Valiant is a melee weapon, sorry for forgetting to point that out.
- Vera is chambered in 4570 for now. In real life it's based on a Saiga, but those bullets he's got on it certainly aren't shotgun rounds.
- G2 Contender is the pistol variant. The original contender is chambered in .308, this one is in 4570.
- Ramjet is a single shot, 20mm round gun
- M4 tactilollery is nightvisioned, but 30 round mag.
- Gyrojet uses 9mm, but fires its own projectile. I think we decided against making a new ammo type for it but I can't remember.
- CF-05, sure, put it in ARs.
- 222, yep, EYE used a lot of influences. Guess what the BK13 and Black Crow are based off of.
- 444, 12.7mm for now.
- Sulfatum, 100 clip 20mm round for now

Keep in mind though that most of this stuff can change but when I enter in the initial entry for GECK, I use its' original caliber or as close to it as possible. So if it's a 9mm gun, I use that.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I just wanted to say that porting in weapons from E.Y.E. was a really good idea. Even the more futuristic stuff looks like it translates well.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Naky posted:

Yeah, there's not a whole lot more you can do at this point without AS's contributions but I can give some more information. I forgot two more weapons somehow (musta gazed over them in my text file) and they're:

ADDED: EMSSS (Energy Weapon, currently Microbreeder but could change)
ADDED: LK-05, Red Dot Sight, LAM, Silenced

- FA6 is an energy weapon like the rest of the BF2142 weapons, 100 round electron charge.
- What was Tactical Equipment is now Tactical Assistance Module
- The Valiant is a melee weapon, sorry for forgetting to point that out.
- Vera is chambered in 4570 for now. In real life it's based on a Saiga, but those bullets he's got on it certainly aren't shotgun rounds.
- G2 Contender is the pistol variant. The original contender is chambered in .308, this one is in 4570.
- Ramjet is a single shot, 20mm round gun
- M4 tactilollery is nightvisioned, but 30 round mag.
- Gyrojet uses 9mm, but fires its own projectile. I think we decided against making a new ammo type for it but I can't remember.
- CF-05, sure, put it in ARs.
- 222, yep, EYE used a lot of influences. Guess what the BK13 and Black Crow are based off of.
- 444, 12.7mm for now.
- Sulfatum, 100 clip 20mm round for now

Keep in mind though that most of this stuff can change but when I enter in the initial entry for GECK, I use its' original caliber or as close to it as possible. So if it's a 9mm gun, I use that.
I've updated the spreadsheet (here) and the notes (here) accordingly. I've been assuming from the start that you're staying as close as possible to the real calibers, so anything listed on the internet as a 9mm gun I've listed as such. Several guns have variants though, and I don't actually know anything about guns myself so I don't typically know to pick one of the options when that happens.

Also, for the two 20mm guns you list, New Vegas doesn't come with a 20mm caliber available as far as I know. Is this one you've made yourself specifically for the Armory?

Oh yeah, and I'm happy to get a chance to be helpful here, because I love this mod.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Woebin posted:

I've updated the spreadsheet (here) and the notes (here) accordingly. I've been assuming from the start that you're staying as close as possible to the real calibers, so anything listed on the internet as a 9mm gun I've listed as such. Several guns have variants though, and I don't actually know anything about guns myself so I don't typically know to pick one of the options when that happens.

Also, for the two 20mm guns you list, New Vegas doesn't come with a 20mm caliber available as far as I know. Is this one you've made yourself specifically for the Armory?

Oh yeah, and I'm happy to get a chance to be helpful here, because I love this mod.

The 20mm is a round we integrated a long time ago and then never, ever used for some reason. Then we remembered we had it and had a bunch more weapons that could have a use for it so we're putting it to use. There might even be another gun or two that will use it, but again, I leave it up to Anime Schoolgirl to make some of the final decisions - especially on those guns that, as you say, have multiple variants.

You can pretty safely put any gun that should be .45 cal as 10mm for the database based on what we've done in the past. The Honest Hearts compat will change them to .45. So that should be the Hardballer, the Tactitommy, the USC, and the FNP IIRC.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Working on adding something special to my Wild Wasteland mod, but I need to know something I couldn't find on the Google or the Fallout wiki. I know it sounds like pointless minutia, but does anyone know what the highest outdoor place in New Vegas is? I don't mean manmade things, or interiors that are high up like the Lucky 38, or places you have to cheat to get to - just the highest natural exterior point.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
I'd guess Guardian Peak.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cirosan posted:

Working on adding something special to my Wild Wasteland mod, but I need to know something I couldn't find on the Google or the Fallout wiki. I know it sounds like pointless minutia, but does anyone know what the highest outdoor place in New Vegas is? I don't mean manmade things, or interiors that are high up like the Lucky 38, or places you have to cheat to get to - just the highest natural exterior point.

We totally wanted to add in a Wild Wasteland event for the master sword we have in The Armory but never got around to doing it. In fact we added it just for that very reason. Shame, that. We even wanted to have the little zelda music play every time you picked it up. But anyhow, that's a (terrible) idea for you.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Lord Lambeth posted:

oh god why cant I stop laughing at this

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Just imagine walking up to a monitor or television somewhere and an angry mutant with orange hexagons for eyes is scowling back at you through the glass. It is either terrifying or hilarious. Or both.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Cirosan posted:

Just vanilla or DLC? There are a bunch of high places in Honest Hearts, and I have yet to play through Lonesome Road so I don't know what's there. In the vanilla game it's probably on Black Mountain.

Note that I am likely to not really know what I'm talking about. Really hoping you're going for that Master Sword idea though.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Woebin posted:

Just vanilla or DLC? There are a bunch of high places in Honest Hearts, and I have yet to play through Lonesome Road so I don't know what's there. In the vanilla game it's probably on Black Mountain.

Note that I am likely to not really know what I'm talking about. Really hoping you're going for that Master Sword idea though.
Should have specified - just vanilla areas, no DLCs.

Not for a Master Sword tie-in, actually, because I hadn't thought of that. That sounds like something that could fit right in with a few tweaks, though. Seems like that would be more appropriate for a lush grove than a high mountaintop, however.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The first location that I can think of would somewhere near Jacobstown. If you're trying to go for a cliff related event, however, I'd recommend Guardian Peak (like CFox mentioned). There are also a nice variety of cliffs around the river to the east, but they aren't nearly the highest points on the map.

In terms of map markers and actual elevation, however, I believe Charleston Cave is the highest point on the map.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Lord Lambeth posted:

Blarrthuring blarrthurskeeurt!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Well, apparently I am unable to play Fallout anymore. Just build a new computer install Fallout, and it crashes whenever I exit, and won't launch the script extender at all. Any suggestions?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Well, apparently I am unable to play Fallout anymore. Just build a new computer install Fallout, and it crashes whenever I exit, and won't launch the script extender at all. Any suggestions?

A crash on exit isn't really a big deal, and using certain combinations of plugins can cause it to happen consistently. Just open console and type 'qqq' to fast exit and you should be fine. If it really bothers you, disable mods until you can exit without crashing, and then learn to live without the problematic mod.

For your second problem, how are you sure NVSE isn't running?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

A crash on exit isn't really a big deal, and using certain combinations of plugins can cause it to happen consistently. Just open console and type 'qqq' to fast exit and you should be fine. If it really bothers you, disable mods until you can exit without crashing, and then learn to live without the problematic mod.

For your second problem, how are you sure NVSE isn't running?

Well, this is a clean install. I haven't actually started a game yet. I always just launch the game and exit so I have settings to start up FOMM with. It does this with the game and just closing the launcher. And I know NVSE isn't running because... well it won't run. I open the exe, a blank command prompt opens, then closes, and nothing happens.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Well, this is a clean install. I haven't actually started a game yet. I always just launch the game and exit so I have settings to start up FOMM with. It does this with the game and just closing the launcher. And I know NVSE isn't running because... well it won't run. I open the exe, a blank command prompt opens, then closes, and nothing happens.

EDIT: Do two things and see if it helps anything: Disable the Steam Overlay and set all of the executables (NVSE, FalloutNV, etc.) to run in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode. Also, set the executables to have admin privileges.

EDIT2: Just to double-check, you're not monkeying around with any of the ini files, are you?

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 4, 2012

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

None of that worked, and no, this is absolutely clean, no ini edits or even any video changes in the launcher.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

None of that worked, and no, this is absolutely clean, no ini edits or even any video changes in the launcher.

Have you tried starting the game normally without the script extender? Is it possible it's a driver bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Merry Magpie posted:

Have you tried starting the game normally without the script extender? Is it possible it's a driver bug?

That was it, a driver issue. Booted into safe, launcher closed normally, NVSE launched until it stopped due to having no sound. Rebooted back into normal, disabled my 6950's drivers, everything launched and closed normal. Of all the reports I hear of ATI/AMD having driver issues, I think this is the first time in 8 years I have ever had the issue myself. First I couldn't install 12.4 at all, now 12.3 gives me this issue. Hopefully I can play my giant mod collection soon :ohdear: