Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Bobulus posted:

Completely off-the-wall thought:

We're assuming the Lusi on Jake's island are because the Batterwitch is cloning them and dumping them there. But why would she do that? I'm assuming she actually started cloning them after she actually took over.

So where did Jake's island monsters come from?

If Jake's power as Page is make things more Real, or imagine them up...

I'm now picturing a scared little six-year-old Jake, having just disposed of his grandmother, alone in the dark in the jungle, contemplating all sorts of monsters that could be out there, perhaps thinking of some stories his Grandma told him, and unconsciously using his Page powers to create them.

She's preparing. She has not completely taken over, but she's been influencing things and laying out groundwork for years as of Jake's encounters with the Lusii. I think it's less a dumping ground than a breeding ground. Dirk said here that she had Alternian wildlife on her ship with her, and she has access to the Medium and the Veil's ectobiology labs. Even if she didn't have Gl'bgolyb with her, she could have used that equipment to clone a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
Please be a hat. Please be a wonderful hat of some kind.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Calling it right now: it's either a hat or a steak.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's going to be some ordinary pumpkin goop, because that pumpkin has clearly not been cut open. Why did CD decide to tell Jack to look inside a perfectly ordinary pumpkin? Because he is unfathomable.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Color Printer posted:

A hat made of steak?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Color Printer posted:

I'm thinking C4, simply because CD had some in the Midnight Crew intermission, and Jack mentioned the propensity for a bomb going off if he kicked it.

Also, I would have loved to see Jack's Gambit Schema.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

It's gonna be Droll. Droll will be curled up inside the pumpkin sleeping.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The pumpkin will be full of leftover peanuts from Jake's assassination.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

quote:

You doubt you could even manage to lure him into your pissing radius, magnificent though it is.
Goddratit Jack, you are not trying hard enough.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Bobulus posted:

Wait a minute. God drat it.

Unlimited potential. Starts with nothing, but can do great things. Heavily associated with creation and imagination.

It's not 'Page' like the assistant to a knight. It's 'Page' like a sheet of paper. :aaa:

:doh:
How did I miss this?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Color Printer posted:

I'm betting it'll be -ified right before he can look inside.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

...or ir could be full of knives! that works too.

also CD's calling card made me smile

"God drat it Droll"

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Surely he can do something with all those knives.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My only disappointment is that it didnt say 'Your welcome'.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

:doh:
How did I miss this?

Puns take a lifetime to master, son. :clint:

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
CD is by far my favorite agent and has been ever since he appeared with a ridiculous hat and a fake sword through his stomach

God drat it Droll, indeed

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
How did the Prospit guard miss a whole pumpkin full of knives? No wonder Derse always wins.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

How did the Prospit guard miss a whole pumpkin full of knives? No wonder Derse always wins.

Not to mention impromptu shivs right outside the jail window. Although to be fair, from Jack's musings both Prospit and Derse are basically planets made entirely of impromptu shivs.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Someone needs to avatarize that "You're Welcome" card.

Not for me, no, but somebody needs to do it anyway.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Odds Jack Noir throws a knife at the guard, killing him, 1:1

It's kind of neat to see the difference between Prospit and Derse culturally. Their planets and people look like palette swaps of each other, being chess people and all, but little bits here and there suggest a different culture and attitude stemming from their different goals. It's neat to consider.

The game itself has always been one of the most interesting parts of Homestuck, I think. It'd be neat to see a whole 'regular' game play out, although I doubt we'll ever get that chance. Someone once talked about how Homestuck is primed to appeal to teenagers (and really anyone) since it's full of systems you're meant to imagine yourself filling - would you be a Prospit or Derse dreamer? What would you prototype? What would your title be? - and I can believe it since the possibilities feel endless.

Hussie deserves credit for creating what feels like a full and fleshed out game system setting and then using that merely as a backdrop to another, even grander tale of time-travelling Machiavellian pimp-demons.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Someone needs to avatarize that "You're Welcome" card.
Sure.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Color Printer posted:

The White Queen smacked him upside the head, remember?

Ugh, so much happens in so many universes and realms and dream places. :)

Also, it's nice to see the same jokes from roughly page 1 making a return. Any bets on if this is a quicky or we get 1000 pages of jailbreak?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Jack doesn't have remotely enough patience to let this go on for 100 pages, let alone 1000.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bobulus posted:

Wait a minute. God drat it.

Unlimited potential. Starts with nothing, but can do great things. Heavily associated with creation and imagination.

It's not 'Page' like the assistant to a knight. It's 'Page' like a sheet of paper. :aaa:

I bet we're going to see an update called "[S]Page: Turn." before this is all over.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
In case anyone wants to further appreciate CD?'s little stunt:

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!
You know, I can't help but think that CD is a lot sharper than he lets on. It's winking, not to mention he's like the only one who managed to kill any of the kids.

He just pretends to be a little doufus so nobody actually expects him to do any serious work.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Ayana posted:

You know, I can't help but think that CD is a lot sharper than he lets on. It's winking, not to mention he's like the only one who managed to kill any of the kids.

He just pretends to be a little doufus so nobody actually expects him to do any serious work.

That's just really depressing.

B1 Droll finally decides to stop being silly and get some work done by doing what he was told to do and he only get punished for it.

Now I'm sad.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
So apparently this isn't the first time Jack's gotten a pumpkin full of knives :psyduck:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Roger Explosion posted:

I should be more worried about how the guard missed "Please Look Inside".

I am, however, currently hung up on how CD managed to fill a pumpkin with knives without carving it. :psyduck:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

OriginalPseudonym posted:

I should be more worried about how the guard missed "Please Look Inside".

I am, however, currently hung up on how CD managed to fill a pumpkin with knives without carving it. :psyduck:

He clearly appearified the knives into the pumpkin. :pseudo:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ayana posted:

I think he's a giant doofus, but that doesn't preclude him from being competent.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
He's also an accomplished pickpocket and an expert tail, at least until he forgets who he's tailing and why.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Well you know the saying, when life gives you knife-filled pumpkins, stab a bunch of people.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Oh man, I got so wrapped up in the MAD DRAMA and SICKNASTY CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT of Homestuck, I forgot how much I enjoyed the irrelevant shenanigans of Jailbreak and Problem Sleuth. I for one am glad for this little break, even if it does mean the plot won't start moving forward again for another few days or so.

Also, since when has Hussie had an embosser with his face on it?

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Hahaha it's so appropriate that jack has a compromising fancy for terriers, considering he becomes one in the other universe

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

In case anyone wants to further appreciate CD?'s little stunt:

I absolutely love that AH has a custom-made seal with his face. It's so perfectly his style.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I hope he starts signing Homestuck books with that.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target
Well in this latest update...Terrier Fancy is the new Hunk Rump and Jack commits the perfect crime of hiding it.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I like how Hussie barely distorted the Terrier Fancy image and pretty much just painted over it until it looked like a knife. Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I wonder just how many "You're Welcome" stamps would sell out if Hussie made one for Topataco.
I know I'd buy one.