Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

whoa is this true?

Artie would break him in half like a twinkee, that was a joke.

Artie sounds like he is trying to get in trouble, he leans REALLY hard on hating women lately too. You know he only turns women into whores or saints and when they are all whores, look out, it's deep dark Artie time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

The way things are going now, Artie will have a lot of free time very soon. He sounds EXACTLY like when he blew up at Teddy, and Nick has lost control of the show.

AxeManiac posted:

Artie would break him in half like a twinkee, that was a joke.

Artie sounds like he is trying to get in trouble, he leans REALLY hard on hating women lately too. You know he only turns women into whores or saints and when they are all whores, look out, it's deep dark Artie time!

At this point, why even bother trying to sell it as a sports show? Just give Artie a handler who he can play off of and cut him loose. Make it weekly so he has a few shows in the can when he flips out.

Jarthus
Feb 25, 2008
Today's replay was better than a new show even though I've already heard it.

I wonder if Dan the Song Parody Man ever got that $7500 back to Artie. I'm guessing no.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Artie was hilarious tonight drinking Seacrest's special water. MMM This is for Brian Dunkleman you guttersnipe.

It'd be great to hear him on the show again, but somehow I'm not optimistic about Howard going for it. There's plenty of time for people to annoy him about it though.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jarthus posted:

Today's replay was better than a new show even though I've already heard it.

I wonder if Dan the Song Parody Man ever got that $7500 back to Artie. I'm guessing no.

A caller asked Artie about that a few weeks ago; he said Dan's down to just a couple hundred bucks.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Artie was acting really strung out on Monday's show. Wasn't even funny.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

I love a good Seacrest bashing as much as the next guy, but Artie did seem high on coke during the segment. What does a coke high last, like 20-30 minutes? Artie left just before the commercial break 20 minutes in "because Nick was talking about Springsteen". The conspiracy theorist in me thinks he went to get another bump.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

Didn't Artie say in an interview somewhere that he'd been using in some form or another (incl. subutex), non stop for the past 20 years, before the last incident/rehab.

I'm not sure if I'm off on that (?)

ziglol fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 1, 2012

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

ziglol posted:

Didn't Artie say in an interview somewhere that he'd been using in some form or another (incl. subutex), non stop for the past 20 years, before the last incident/rehab.

I'm not sure if I'm off on that (?)

He said it on Bubba a couple weeks ago

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.
Dunno about Artie using, but his taped interview with Whiz Kalifa is one of the funniest things I've ever heard on any radio show, ever.

"Check it out--I'm going to steal this Josh Groban mousepad to give to my girlfriend."

-----

Artie: "So do you think Kim Kardashian and Kanye West will stay together?"

Whiz: "Who knows. I just wish everyone the best."

Artie: "See, I don't."

It's really hard to communicate Artie's rhythms in conversation. Just listen to it.

http://media.nickandartie.com/wp-content/uploads/audio/04.24.12-Hour-3-Nick-and-Artie-Wiz-Khalifa.mp3

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Man, Artie really was hosed up on Monday's show. I always hope it's hyperbole, but it's pretty sad.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Man, Artie really was hosed up on Monday's show. I always hope it's hyperbole, but it's pretty sad.

Hour 1 and Hour 2 aren't showing up on the site for me. Were they taken down?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Hour 1 and Hour 2 aren't showing up on the site for me. Were they taken down?

That's strange. I downloaded them to my phone this morning. What is the best place to upload the first 2 hours if that's kosher

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

That's strange. I downloaded them to my phone this morning. What is the best place to upload the first 2 hours if that's kosher

Weird I got them all too, if it's not :filez: I have them combined into one mp3 if that's interesting to anyone.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Yeah, unless it's a freak coincidence they actually took the clips down, which doesn't bode well for Artie. I loved it, to me Artie is always insanely entertaining, depressing undertones aside.

Also you're golden since it was broadcasted over open air.

04.30.12-Hour-1-Nick-and-Artie.mp3

04.30.12-Hour-2-Nick-and-Artie.mp3

(download links are to the right on the page)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
edit: thanks!

Hour 1 & 2 are indeed missing. If they don't appear by tonight I for one would really appreciate it if they could be posted somewhere.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The files are gone from the RSS, and also if you manually enter the file location into the browser. Weird.

http://www.nickandartie.com/wp-content/podcast/feed.xml

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Maybe they don't want evidence of Artie stealing Ryan Seacrest's water?

(And insulting him.)

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

The Ryan Seacrest stuff wasn't even near as bad as Artie attacking the two interns in the last hour. Though, Artie was making threats about punching the hair dye out of his hair.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Yeah, I'm listening "live" and he's now going after Chelsea Handler. He's certainly spewing some venom on this show.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

My International Political Theory course professor put answers involving Ryan Seacrest on some of the tests. Such as, "Realists are most concerned with:" D) How a short troll like Ryan Seacrest can be famous and relevant in the world.

Now he's going to get fired when TEAM SEACREST finds out

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sand Monster posted:

Yeah, I'm listening "live" and he's now going after Chelsea Handler. He's certainly spewing some venom on this show.

Well, he always does that and Chelsea deserves it all.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Who's the boss they talk about sometimes? Ken Cole? I googled and couldn't find anything in regards to his position so I could be confused, but Artie straight up said "That's someone else who should just shut up, the next time he thinks of saying something just shutup" which was far more venomous than any of the tongue-in-cheek comments about the memos they've made in the past.

Artie also almost directly called both Seacrest and Teabow gay, without the huge "Oh woah we're kidding folks" disclaimers Nick would usually throw in.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

My International Political Theory course professor put answers involving Ryan Seacrest on some of the tests. Such as, "Realists are most concerned with:" D) How a short troll like Ryan Seacrest can be famous and relevant in the world.

Now he's going to get fired when TEAM SEACREST finds out

Ryan Seacrest probably works a million times harder than your professor. For real, the guy has like 57 jobs. I'm not saying he's good or bad, but dude works.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

haljordan posted:

Ryan Seacrest probably works a million times harder than your professor. For real, the guy has like 57 jobs. I'm not saying he's good or bad, but dude works.

I hate the professor and Ryan Seacrest. 57 jobs and the one he's best at is getting on everyone's nerves.

Now that I think about it, Ryan Seacrest is a bottle of water with no label.

Shes Not Impressed fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 1, 2012

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

Pretty depressing a professor is making short jokes in so called higher learning.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Last night's show was cringe inducing. I never believed the specualtion that Art was back on drugs, but it's obvious that he is. How long will the show last? I feel a little bad for Nick.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Pretty depressing a professor is making short jokes in so called higher learning.

It's PSU: we love shorties

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY!! MAY DAY!!!!!

I'M ON FIAH!!!!

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I can't believe regular drug testing wasn't part of any deal they signed Artie for.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Where exactly during the show does it sound like he's hosed up? Don't feel like listening for 2 hours.
Edit: Apparently right off the bat

Atheist Sunglasses fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 2, 2012

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Where exactly during the show does it sound like he's hosed up? Don't feel like listening for 2 hours.
Edit: Apparently right off the bat

He's mental the whole show. I'm going to have to listen to it live tonight to see how he reacts.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
You all want to blame the drugs, but I'm going to blame tweeting.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Man he goes absolutely manic in the second hour, it's crazy. He's been similar in the last month or so but last night in particular... Good lord. Am I a bad person for being totally entertained by it?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Daryl DBD posted:

Man he goes absolutely manic in the second hour, it's crazy. He's been similar in the last month or so but last night in particular... Good lord. Am I a bad person for being totally entertained by it?

To be fair, those interns don't know who Neil Young is.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
They put the first two hours back up on N&A.com with no edits as far as I can tell. Let the speculation begin!

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Show just started. Artie claims Andrew Luck will be calling in sometime next week.

"For now, on this show, I'm all business. All sports all the time. There will be no messing around." -Arthur Lange

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Holy Calamity! posted:

They put the first two hours back up on N&A.com with no edits as far as I can tell. Let the speculation begin!

If making fun of Ryan Seacrest is that dangerous, everyone would be out of a job.

moregontrail
Mar 31, 2005
I drink alone, George Thorogood style
Is there a place where you can listen or download Spice Boy's new show? When I used to listen to Bubba he hosted a few times when Bubba was out and it was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

moregontrail posted:

Is there a place where you can listen or download Spice Boy's new show? When I used to listen to Bubba he hosted a few times when Bubba was out and it was pretty good.

You can listen to the stream on The Bone's website, or use an app like TuneIn Radio and search in the app for that station.