Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

SpaceMost posted:

It did? I remember it being a pretty small affair, with Theon taking the castle by surprise and only getting away with it because the able-bodied men were everywhere else.

This is indeed what happened. That's why Asha tried convincing Theon to leave, as he obviously couldn't hold Winterfell with a dozen men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

This is indeed what happened. That's why Asha tried convincing Theon to leave, as he obviously couldn't hold Winterfell with a dozen men.

A fact he realizes because he says as much about Torren's Square in the show. :theon:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

SpaceMost posted:

It did? I remember it being a pretty small affair, with Theon taking the castle by surprise and only getting away with it because the able-bodied men were everywhere else.

The sack of Winterfell occurs when Ramsay Snow slaughters the Stark army outside, tricks Theon into letting him in, and then sacks the castle, as in, destroys it. Theon merely infiltrated Winterfell and took control. There was no sacking involved. It's all here: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Sack_of_Winterfell

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Disappointing that Arya's not going to stab that guy to death.

These episodes feel too short. Wish they had more room to breath instead of truncating all the characters. Gonna make Dany's arc seem even more pointless. Not only does nothing happen, but so little of it too.

EatDirt
Nov 13, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out entirely the Arya and the hound scene. Instead making him die in the battle of the backwater, and Arya getting to the freys by some other means.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

EatDirt posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out entirely the Arya and the hound scene. Instead making him die in the battle of the backwater, and Arya getting to the freys by some other means.

I can already taste the tears of the creepy SanSan shippers.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Urdnot Fire posted:

I can already taste the tears of the creepy SanSan shippers.

Stop tasting my tears, rear end in a top hat. And you've got the gall to call me creepy.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I wish everyone would stop talking about awesome cannibal king feral Rickon like it's a done deal. We all have enough disappointment to deal with without this poo poo. :(

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Factor_VIII posted:

Considering his abilities, his invasion of Westeros would have been a complete joke. He'd probably have carelessly thrown his troops in a trap, gotten them massacred and then blmed his commanders for the failure and had them executed, which would have cemented his defeat.
It still would've been better than what we got with Dany.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I was actually kind of disappointed with most of Viserys in the show. He didn't come across nearly as totally nuts as I had imagined, and not even that huge a dick. Just going by the show, he's a man who dies horribly because he's depressed and gets drunk at the wrong time. Which, sure, is probably a more grounded version than the nipple-twisting archvillain screaming about WAKING THE DRAGON, DEAR SISTER, but it felt like they dropped too much of him constantly pissing off the Dothraki and it made Drogo an even bigger rear end in a top hat for killing him without much provocation.

You're supposed to cheer for Viserys' death because he's an abusive lunatic, yet I felt sorry for him in the show because he didn't deserve it this time. :(

But dude, rabble rabble budget contraints rabble rabble or something.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Yeah I heard they didn't even use real gold in that scene. Cheapskates.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

thornghost posted:

The tits were real though. No CGI boobs for HBO!

TrickyTrev
Feb 8, 2005
ZOMG I HAVE ROCKET

IRQ posted:

The tits were real though. No CGI boobs for HBO!

Lysa's tit was fake. Not CGI though.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Hodor's hodor was fake. I guess the actor didn't have enough giants' blood.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

thornghost posted:

quote:

Actually, I really *did* feel that scene looked awfully fake. That's not what molten gold looks like at all. Also gold won't just melt that easily from putting it over an open flame, having a melting point somewhere slightly above 1000°C. For the record, this is what actual gold does look like when it melts. And I don't even think it would have made much of a dent into their budget to make that scene look a little more believable
:goonsay:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I don't know about you, but that scene totally ruined my immersion as well :qq:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Viserys was ruined by said immersion.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

rejutka posted:

Viserys was ruined by said immersion.

I think you mean emulsion :downsrim:

I'll just show myself out...

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Who cares about Viserys? ~~~My Gendry~~~ is where it's at.

:allears:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Urdnot Fire posted:

I don't know about you, but that scene totally ruined my immersion as well :qq:

They cleared this up in the commentary - Dothraki gold has a lower melting point. :eng101:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

They cleared this up in the commentary - Dothraki gold has a lower melting point. :eng101:

Thanks for clearing that up, I'd hate to have illogical things in my fantasy series :unsmith:

empty sea posted:

Who cares about Viserys? ~~~My Gendry~~~ is where it's at.

:allears:

They're really pushing that ship with him and Arya, aren't they?

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
If HBO wants to make Gendry's story-line less useless and more like an actual story, while also letting him be filthy and shirtless...who am I to argue?

Oh ~~Gendry~~~ where do the blacksmiths go?

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
Did Jaqen refer to the Nameless God as "The red god" in the books? I thought that term was used exclusively for R'hllor.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Ambiguatron posted:

Did Jaqen refer to the Nameless God as "The red god" in the books? I thought that term was used exclusively for R'hllor.

His Jaqen persona was apparently a follower of R'hllor, as he talked about lives for the red god in the book.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Urdnot Fire posted:

This still would've been better than what we've gotten so far with Dany. At least Viserys wouldn't poo poo all over the Dothraaki Sea fall in love with some blue-bearded woman named ~Daaria~

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Besides, all pantheons have a god of death, and R'hllor is the sole deity in its religion, thus a totally appropriate name to call the Many-Faced God.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

You forgot the golden mustachios.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

My ~Daaria~ :swoon:

whowhatwhere is right, though. She also needs the golden sword hilts to rub.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I just spent too much time looking for the excerpt with the "stick 'em with the pointy end" quote so I could re-write it as Gendry/Arya erotica.

I am a bad person.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

The sword hilts are red, and it is left to the viewer's imagination if they are phalli with golden testes, for the female version, or massive golden bosoms which I did a lovely job painting on.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The sword hilts are red, and it is left to the viewer's imagination if they are phalli with golden testes, for the female version, or massive golden bosoms which I did a lovely job painting on.

:golfclap: Truly a beauty to wake the dragon.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

SpaceMost posted:

I just spent too much time looking for the excerpt with the "stick 'em with the pointy end" quote so I could re-write it as Gendry/Arya erotica.

I am a bad person.

there are laws against that bro

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

nuncle jimbo posted:

there are laws against that bro

Not if it's set in the future when she's queen or she uses her faceless man powers to magic herself into adulthood.

Sometimes, I hate myself.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SpaceMost posted:

I am a bad person.

And you should feel bad.

Gonna crosspost this for maximum ugh:

z0ratio fartboner posted:

because I didn't know what thread I was in when I saw this.

Thanks z0r and SpaceMust for messing with my head.

EatDirt
Nov 13, 2009
Mmm, I like where this is going. :pedo:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Thanks z0r and SpaceMust for messing with my head.
You're welcome.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SpaceMost posted:

You're welcome.

Needs more Snoop Dogg Direwolff dancing on his sword.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

SpaceMost posted:

You're welcome.

I like the iron crown.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

MORE ART. :black101:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Someone with artistic ability should make the Fecal Throne for GRRM to sit on. A thousand logs from all the fans he's devoured, all forged together into one throne. For a King should never smell pretty on a throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

whowhatwhere posted:

Someone with artistic ability should make the Fecal Throne for GRRM to sit on. A thousand logs from all the fans he's devoured, all forged together into one throne. For a King should never smell pretty on a throne.

It'd be perfect, with Dany as his Queen of poo poo (because she's hot!)!