Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Probably main hurdle would be MPAA/disney/etc, cause they aren't exactly known for being friendly and helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

Ika posted:

Probably main hurdle would be MPAA/disney/etc, cause they aren't exactly known for being friendly and helpful.

Pirates of the Caribbean, Prince of Persia, Cars, Toy Story, Disney Duplo, if anything Disney seems to have a great relationship with Lego for all of their licenses being used. So while it is a long shot, it certainly is more possible. Plus it's a lot more 'family friendly' than then Shaun of the Dead model.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It is kind of funny we are all seem to find the Raiders of the Lost Ark series perfectly normal, but Back To The Future is a long-shot.

I would love to play a LEGO BTTF game.

P.S. Raiders isn't exactly family friendly, especially the second one.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

The Angry Bum posted:

Pirates of the Caribbean, Prince of Persia, Cars, Toy Story, Disney Duplo, if anything Disney seems to have a great relationship with Lego for all of their licenses being used. So while it is a long shot, it certainly is more possible. Plus it's a lot more 'family friendly' than then Shaun of the Dead model.

There's also a Phineas and Ferb game (physical, not video) due out this year which is both a Disney license and a one-off. Which kind of raises questions about the whole "one of licenses are too expensive" thing.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

smackfu posted:

It is kind of funny we are all seem to find the Raiders of the Lost Ark series perfectly normal, but Back To The Future is a long-shot.

For Indiana Jones this was an entire line released at around the same time as a new movie so there is a lot of marketing involved there. It's very different to a one off set for a franchise that hasn't had a new movie in over 20 years. There's still a fanbase and a lot of nostalgia, but they've missed the boat on a bit of a 25th anniversay revival and while I think there is still a fair bit of interest in the franchise I'm not sure there is enough. I don't think you can really compare the two like for like.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

The Angry Bum posted:

Plus Marvel, which Disney bought a few years ago.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Captain Invictus posted:

Haven't a few celebrities who play characters from things like Indiana Jones expressed happiness at having a Minifig version of themselves?

When I met the guys who played Fred and George Weasley, my coworker and I talked to them about their minifigures, and they love them. If I was a celebrity, I'd love to see a minifigure made of me.

I made some for my friends band and they LOVED it.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
ugggggh why are travis bricks so expensive on PAB? 35 cents a pop :stonk:

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
For the upcoming star wars may 4/5th sales it looks like the imperial shuttle and super star destroyer will be 20% off, free shipping for over $75.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

Merchant of Death posted:

For the upcoming star wars may 4/5th sales it looks like the imperial shuttle and super star destroyer will be 20% off, free shipping for over $75.

Holy Moly! Between R2-D2 and the Super Star Destroyer, I'm going to be sinking a ton of money and time into Lego this weekend.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I know, it is going to be another $500+ a month on lego, I just have to avoid bricklink the next two months to make up for it. In theory. I could just wait until next years may 4th to get the SSD and just get the R2D2 this year.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

^^^^^^
if I could get the SSD on sale for the US price, I would get that. Here in euroland its still too much even with the sale.

The Angry Bum posted:

I was under the impression that all of these had massive markup due to the licenses though, which does not bode well for the price of a bttf license.

Ika fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 1, 2012

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Captain Invictus posted:

Haven't a few celebrities who play characters from things like Indiana Jones expressed happiness at having a Minifig version of themselves?

I recall Jordan Mechner, the creator of Prince of Persia, being pretty thrilled about Prince of Persia LEGO. I can't track it down, but I recall him mentioning a quiet joy when he was behind a kid who was buying a Prince of Persia set.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
I think staying up late to purchase the UCS R2-D2 may have been a mistake. Looks like the website is getting hammered; during checkout it declined my card, but my bank shows the charge. So I didn't get a confirmation of the order, but the bank has my money tied up so I can't resubmit the order until that clears. Very frustrating.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
On holiday here in Orlando, and accidentally popped into the Lego store at Downtown Disney. We were right by Disney, and I remembered it was there, so... welp.

I walked out with the Pet Shop, Magneto's helicopter and Loki's jeep. At 11:05pm. Oh well, great end to a holiday. :3:

So with those, and the Grand Emporium I picked up in Chicago last week, I've got a hell of a lot to work through when I get home to England.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

youareoffthehook posted:

I made some for my friends band and they LOVED it.

Got any pics? I was considering doing this for my friends as they are recording a new album right now, I'll give it to them when they wrap the album :unsmith:

The Doctor: how much baggage allowance do you have?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can check two bags of up to 50 lbs each for free. Taking all the bags out of the boxes helps, too.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Lofty132 posted:

Got any pics? I was considering doing this for my friends as they are recording a new album right now, I'll give it to them when they wrap the album :unsmith:

Yeah, I'll throw some pictures up when I get home from work.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Awesome, both of you!

I have just seen the Avengers movie and my need for the sets is now horrendously bad: I foresee my time off work spent sat penniless in my house justifying the blowing of my wages on the entire set line :ohdear:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Via the Daily Brick via Brickset: New Friends sets
http://www.thedailybrick.co.uk/blog/lego-news/first-pictures-of-friends-summer-2012-sets/

99% horse-related, plus a seaplane. Still waiting for my official Friends mech.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Oh Ninjago :madmax:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

djfooboo posted:

Oh Ninjago :madmax:

Are those epaulettes on the ninjas part of the headgear or seperate?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When they make one big fuckoff set including all of the Ninjas it better include a giant transforming ninja robot made of small versions of all of their vehicles. It's the only logical conclusion to this line of craziness. :colbert:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I would have loved the hell out of that set as a kid.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Lizard Combatant posted:

Are those epaulettes on the ninjas part of the headgear or seperate?

They're separate.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It's like ancient Japan come to life.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

InfinEight posted:

They're separate.

Nice! Thanks.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Is it just me or are those brown track links?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Brown. That's why it's known as the Turd Rustler.

Wheezer
Apr 4, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

Nice! Thanks.

Just be aware the epaulette piece has a part which hangs on the back of the minifig. It is for holding two swords like an X, so it might not be exactly what you want.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Wheezer posted:

Just be aware the epaulette piece has a part which hangs on the back of the minifig. It is for holding two swords like an X, so it might not be exactly what you want.

Just looked it up on bricklink and you're right... hmmm well it that wouldn't be too much of a problem, plus I could always... cut it off :byodood:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
While Ninjago continues to be totally bonkers this one is pretty cool though

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Almost looks like something from Samurai Pizza Cats.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Ninjago owns, gently caress everyone who says otherwise.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Wasn't entirely sold on the Turd Rustler but this, this is a thing of beauty.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And it has a great use for the cowcatchers from the Toy Story train, more than one of them, even!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
I seriously think Lego needs more batshit-crazy lines, hopefully the Monster Hunter theme will do well because it looks it could have some equally silly but amazing sets.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
They should just mix up all the parts for the adventurer/Indiana Jones sets with some space/train sets and put out a pulp science/steampunk set already.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

Just wanted to heap on the praise for the space marine.
any word on the next series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

hxcorpse posted:

They should just mix up all the parts for the adventurer/Indiana Jones sets with some space/train sets and put out a pulp science/steampunk set already.

Something like... this?

;)