Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
When I was doing afk leveling in paw it would happen only occasionally, but I decided to try out an old spot in wall of slaughter again because of the fast respawn. Every time I've left my characters overnight in the WoS spot one or two have been gated and one or two dead. And there is a very very minimal chance that anyone trained me because it's in a spot literally no one would ever have a reason to go (and ive never ever seen anyone else afk leveling there). I get they dying, I guess, but the gating characters really has me baffled.

Also, no, I'm not Laids, I'm Krintix/Meepit/Xrec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Armor of Wisdom aa: Can anyone clarify exactly what this does? The berserker forum seems to insist that it adds to softcap AA, whereas SK forum thinks its just displayed AA thats normalized based on the softcap.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tolain posted:

Armor of Wisdom aa: Can anyone clarify exactly what this does? The berserker forum seems to insist that it adds to softcap AA, whereas SK forum thinks its just displayed AA thats normalized based on the softcap.

Well, the SK forum has this quote from an eq dev explaining it

quote:

Ok hopefully this works. Here are the raw numbers. Each class *should* work out to 50 AC after running through the Softcap division, which varies by class, so the data varies by class:

Warrior
NAME AFFECTNAME BASE_EFFECT_1
Armor of Wisdom 1 AC 29
Armor of Wisdom 2 AC 58
Armor of Wisdom 3 AC 87
Armor of Wisdom 4 AC 116
Armor of Wisdom 5 AC 145

Cleric, Ranger, Monk, Bard
Armor of Wisdom 1 AC 33
Armor of Wisdom 2 AC 66
Armor of Wisdom 3 AC 99
Armor of Wisdom 4 AC 132
Armor of Wisdom 5 AC 165

Paladin, Shadow Knight
Armor of Wisdom 1 AC 31
Armor of Wisdom 2 AC 62
Armor of Wisdom 3 AC 93
Armor of Wisdom 4 AC 124
Armor of Wisdom 5 AC 155

Druid, Necromancer, Wizard, Enchanter, Mage
Armor of Wisdom 1 AC 50
Armor of Wisdom 2 AC 100
Armor of Wisdom 3 AC 150
Armor of Wisdom 4 AC 200
Armor of Wisdom 5 AC 250

Rogue, Shaman, Beastlord, Berserker
Armor of Wisdom 1 AC 40
Armor of Wisdom 2 AC 80
Armor of Wisdom 3 AC 120
Armor of Wisdom 4 AC 160
Armor of Wisdom 5 AC 200

So it is AC normalized based on softcap ac gain ratios.

This post is a great collection of information: http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7760

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

jetz0r posted:

So it is AC normalized based on softcap ac gain ratios.

This post is a great collection of information: http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7760

Yeah, thats first one that I was running off of, but then I saw this (as well as 4-5 people on goberserker claiming its pre-softcap ac) and just kind of got confused since everyone seems to be saying something different. Most stuff i'm seeing on the SK forum seems to indicate its pre-softcap. I guess worst case it's not as terrible of a grind as CA/CS.

http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showpost.php?p=100981&postcount=71

and

http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4736

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 2, 2012

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
This is mostly anecdotal, but I had the exact same Armor of Wisdom question and most serverwide SKs laughed at me, so I testcopied to parse and spent 4 hours getting hit with 0 AoW adn 4 hours getting hit with max AoW while everything else was the same. Either it raises the softcap or "displayed" AC is worth a lot more than people thought. I don't have the actual numbers because they're on my non-functional computer, but I took statistically less difference with AoW to the point I filled that bitch up on Kodaji.

Again, I can't back it up because the parses are on another computer and/or I could be a math idiot, but IMO the AA is well worth it. It makes about as much difference as a shield, which to me means both softcap raise and worth it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

This is mostly anecdotal, but I had the exact same Armor of Wisdom question and most serverwide SKs laughed at me, so I testcopied to parse and spent 4 hours getting hit with 0 AoW adn 4 hours getting hit with max AoW while everything else was the same. Either it raises the softcap or "displayed" AC is worth a lot more than people thought. I don't have the actual numbers because they're on my non-functional computer, but I took statistically less difference with AoW to the point I filled that bitch up on Kodaji.

Again, I can't back it up because the parses are on another computer and/or I could be a math idiot, but IMO the AA is well worth it. It makes about as much difference as a shield, which to me means both softcap raise and worth it.

Well, it's not like post-softcap AC is worthless. It's just worth less than pre-softcap AC. AoW is set up so everyone gains the same actual AC from it. I'm pretty sure you have armor pieces with less ac than the 155 provided by 5 levels of AoW. So you could consider the 15 levels of AoW as being an additional 3 full gear slots of ac.

The later levels of CS raise your ac softcap by 1%, so it's quite possible that AoW simply raises your ac enough to provide more of a benefit than that small of a softcap increase. The second in that AoW thread mentions a level of CS being worth 4 real ac. That would put the first 5 levels of AoW being worth 12 levels of CS. With AoW now having 15 levels, that would be worth 37 levels of CS, which, uh, would be pretty loving good.

Those tables also show that the 285ac on my shield is worth 1425 over-cap druid AC. Magelo lists my total worn AC at ~3200ac, meaning that shield is worth roughly as much melee protection as half of my other worn gear. And that upgrading my shield aug by 2 ac is worth the same ac as going up two full tiers of VoA raid armor in one slot. Remember to always put your highest AC aug in your shield, kiddies!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

DeathTongue posted:

Yeah - up until now, it's been an enjoyable F2P MMO. Now, it's definitely feeling more like a classic rapeful MMO. Man do I miss EQ Release level XP penaltlies. No, not really.

Ignore hot zone suggestions and those little mail things to "adventure here now that you're level X." Some are over-tuned and almost all are typically designed such that a full group of players is doing them, not solo/molo. Stick to the leveling guide in the OP or people can offer up alternatives if you don't want to do them.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!

Keith Stone posted:

I drat near choked up when I saw someone had put a Symphonic Saber in the guildbank.

That was probably me, I dumped a bunch of old bard weapons in the guild bank about 2 weeks ago.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

The337th posted:

Beastlords are just one of the classes that aren't sexy or anything right now (See: Shadowknight, Ranger). Of course if you know what you're doing on one, they're still pretty drat strong overall. More importantly if the class is fun to you, what others think is moot, playing a class you don't enjoy isn't worth it.

Edit: the only reason I would see to pick something else, would be that another caster would allow you to do all dps at range and let the mage pet have more of a tanking role. Tank mercs are the easy work around for this though.

I've enjoyed playing a beastlord. I do get envious of those folks with their talk of swarming entire zones or headshotting mobs, but I can hold my own. I have a mage bot, but to be honest that's a class which is kind of boring to play.

There are certainly faster ways to play everquest. Everything a beastlord can do can be done better by a single class or through the use of mercs. What a beastlord brings to the table is a complete package. Mana regen, slows, haste, HP and ATK buffs, DoTs, DD, melee and caster DPS, SoW. Shaman, Mages, Monks... all can do some of this better than a beastlord.

The closest you will get to all of this in a SINGLE class is a bard and I have no idea of relative melee/tanking/casting ability between beastlords and bards.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
So I've started doing the thrall hails quest in warrens, and 4 boxing I think I will be there a while, is there any good/safe/etc spot to camp somewhat near the thralls?

My team is: 78/350AA SK, 76/300AA Cleric, 86/1kAA Shaman (J4 tank), 86/1.1kAA Mage (J2 healer), will I be able to finish the J5 merc quests without outside help?

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Cynode posted:

So I've started doing the thrall hails quest in warrens, and 4 boxing I think I will be there a while, is there any good/safe/etc spot to camp somewhat near the thralls?

I believe that little nook up at the top with 2 thralls is a safe spot if you cram up against the wall.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Is there a collective primer on the way stats work at a high-level? Like you guys were talking about "soft" AC caps and I have no clue what that means. The majority of my raiding experience has been in WoW which was pretty basic as far as stats go.

I try to read thesafehouse forums but a lot of it is old bunk and they don't delve too much into stat calculations. Or do I even need to know about this stuff as a non-tank?

Also I've been wandering into the newb section of The Hole at lvl52 and it's great, probably going to spend a lot of time here now.

Also shout out to goon Literally for tearing up Kithicor and BSing for a few hours even though we didn't get much done :hfive:

edit: I found this, gonna read through some of it, hopefully it's not too old/bunk.
http://samanna.net/eq.general/effects.shtml#3

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 2, 2012

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

Is there a collective primer on the way stats work at a high-level? Like you guys were talking about "soft" AC caps and I have no clue what that means. The majority of my raiding experience has been in WoW which was pretty basic as far as stats go.

I try to read thesafehouse forums but a lot of it is old bunk and they don't delve too much into stat calculations. Or do I even need to know about this stuff as a non-tank?

edit: I found this, gonna read through some of it, hopefully it's not too old/bunk.
http://samanna.net/eq.general/effects.shtml#3

You don't need to worry about it too much as a non-tank. And pretty much every non-ac non-heroic stat gets a hard cap that will be hit once you get above HoT T1 armor. That Samanna page is close enough, a few things are out of date, but nothing major. The SK forums are probably the best source of tanking mechanics information, followed by some old posts on the warrior forums.

Quick AC softcap explaination: AC softcaps really low by today's armor standards, making all worn non-shield ac above that point less effective on a ratio based on your class (See the AoW chart for ratios). AC on a shield is not subject to this softcap, making it *much* more effective than normal armor AC.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.

Keith Stone posted:

I've enjoyed playing a beastlord. I do get envious of those folks with their talk of swarming entire zones or headshotting mobs, but I can hold my own. I have a mage bot, but to be honest that's a class which is kind of boring to play.

There are certainly faster ways to play everquest. Everything a beastlord can do can be done better by a single class or through the use of mercs. What a beastlord brings to the table is a complete package. Mana regen, slows, haste, HP and ATK buffs, DoTs, DD, melee and caster DPS, SoW. Shaman, Mages, Monks... all can do some of this better than a beastlord.

The closest you will get to all of this in a SINGLE class is a bard and I have no idea of relative melee/tanking/casting ability between beastlords and bards.

This was specifically to duo with my mage. I love pets and hate bards (playing them) so bard is out. I like utility and slows but I found playing a shaman kinda "meh" so beastlord seems the obvious choice. I just wanted to hear they have aren't godawful for whatever reason. I never really played one and they seem neat though. I'll give it a shot.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Incoming wall of text on every stat!

AC - as said above, there's a softcap at around 1300 AC that means anything over that only counts somewhere in the 30% range depending on your class. It's basically a nonissue in general, but means that shield AC, which ignores the cap, is INSANELY good. That's why you should ALWAYS put your highest AC aug possible in your shield, as the augment AC also goes over cap. If you don't have a good one, there's a really easy DoDH mission you can do that gives a guaranteed one called the Illsalin Enforcer Medal. All other AC is softcapped, which doesn't matter beyond the fact that it's far worse than shield AC. The other thing to know about AC is that displayed AC, which is what you "see", has absolutely no relation to your actual AC ever. The reason's insanely beyond the scope of this, but if anyone's curious, Evilgamer.net has an exhaustive discussion of it.

Basic stats (Str/dex/etc) - These are all meaningless now. They weren't exactly relevant ever anyway, but you will naturally max these with even the worst gear now. Ignore 'em.

Resists - Similar to base stats, these will naturally max via gear. However, they ARE still very useful and there are things you can do to raise your max cap. The easiest is completing the MPG trials, which are both fun and easy these days. Zam has explanations of them, there's a 2 hour lockout between them (this sucks), and the only remaining difficult one is the one with the chests you need a lockpicker or insane DPS to open. One of the DoN progression rewards is also resist based, but that takes a lot more work than MPG trials. Corruption is the "new" resist and does not max with the rest, so it's still useful to collect Corruption resist, but never at the expense of hp/ac/mod2s

Which brings us to mod2s - These are the stats with actual names on the far right of your gear, such as shielding/accuracy/avoidance. These will also max naturally, but not until you hit HoT gear or above. By FAR the most important are shielding/spell shielding. Those two cut the damage you take from everything by 35% and the later game is balanced around assuming you have them maxed. There's not a lot you can do while leveling/gearing to help max them, but be aware that those two, then avoidance and accuracy, are the ones you want maxed the most. By 85 they'll all be maxed and you can forget about these as well.

Heroic Stats - These are the "newest" stats and are the green numbers to the right of regular numbers by regular stats. They're basically all great, have no cap, and contribute effectiveness in batches. +5 heroic Agility doesn't matter much, whereas +25 does. You want these, but again they mostly come naturally.

Focuses - these are normalized now, but there are some that are absolutely required. For melee, you'll want the highest Ferocity/Cleave you can get, and cleave STACKS, which is counterintuitive but proven on Monkly Business. These are normalized on non-cultural gear, so mostly don't worry. For tanks, later face slot items have a straight hate mod -- YOU WANT THIS. 22% extra threat on everything you do is amazing. All helms have Faerune, so no worries there. For casters, your spell focuses are normalized as well, but due to level falloff, you absolutely have to upgrade your focus slot gear.

In the end, once you hit the levels where these things actually matter, gear has mostly been normalized to the point you don't really have decisions to make. Elegant Defiant > HoT Tier 1 > VoA Tier 1 visible, Dream Mote nonvis which you can then upgrade via unlocking new tiers as you complete HoT Progression, or just wait until you're done with progression and gear nonvis via the loot pinatas that are HoT T4 zones. Gearing matters FAR more for tanks than anyone else, so if you're not tanking, you can basically skip pieces here and there without much detriment. In general, if you have to decide between two pieces of gear for whatever reason and they don't have focus difference, pick the piece with higher AC no matter what class you are. Post 80 this correlates with HP anyway, so it's basically impossible to not be able to tell which piece is superior just due to normalization.

Goddamn that's a wall o' text.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

If you have 2 different slots with a cleave focus, you're saying they stack? I can't check MB at work but that seems really bizarre.

Also caster DPS classes can get sympathetic proc augs for their shields (not sure how many of these there are but I got one randomly in LoN packs) and I'd prefer this since you're going to get raped for 10-15k+ if you get hit anyway.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

Great info. Regarding basic stats though, I would say some of them aren't completely irrelevant. Dreamlike int was giving my wizard pretty great returns. (60-70ish mana a rank iirc) Stamina continues to give HP, STR continues to give attack. I read somewhere that agility hardcaps at like 325, so thats probably pretty useless (except maybe 5-6 displayed ac per rank, etc?). Dex past 300 seemed equally bad (someone said they parsed something abysmal like 0.0000023% to crit chance). Overall not huge, but still worth raising certain ones depending on class. int cap was pretty awesome as far as basic stats go, but it seems like melee ones are a lot less generous with returns

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 3, 2012

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

meat gnome posted:

If you have 2 different slots with a cleave focus, you're saying they stack? I can't check MB at work but that seems really bizarre.

Also caster DPS classes can get sympathetic proc augs for their shields (not sure how many of these there are but I got one randomly in LoN packs) and I'd prefer this since you're going to get raped for 10-15k+ if you get hit anyway.

If I read the discussion on monkly-business right the stacking comes into play with the highest level cleave stuff like XII - 15 or whatever other numbers are there. The number part of it stacks, which is a straight damage bonus to every hit. I don't think you get a higher crit chance with separate cleave items, but the damage bonus bundled into it stacks as many times as you can wear them, which is a huge damage boost esp. for classes that hit fast. If I understood it wrong MrTheDevious can probably correct me. Also it may or may not be intended so may be just straight up nerfed some day to not stack, no one knows.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Nurge posted:

If I read the discussion on monkly-business right the stacking comes into play with the highest level cleave stuff like XII - 15 or whatever other numbers are there. The number part of it stacks, which is a straight damage bonus to every hit. I don't think you get a higher crit chance with separate cleave items, but the damage bonus bundled into it stacks as many times as you can wear them, which is a huge damage boost esp. for classes that hit fast. If I understood it wrong MrTheDevious can probably correct me. Also it may or may not be intended so may be just straight up nerfed some day to not stack, no one knows.

Weird. So if you want to min/max you'd just do 8x cleave raid augs in cultural gear I guess? Well I suppose fewer because you'd want one for ferocity, etc. I haven't made those type of augs since SoF but if I remember you could pick the focus they'd have.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

What sort of other cleave gear is there aside from those augs? Anything thats easily obtainable? I just kind of always went with whatever cleave was on my lucid arms or whatever the setpiece for the level was.

Evor 3
Feb 19, 2010
Gear is somewhat standardized now, so you'll likely find a new set of arms with a better cleave on them.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

Heroic Stats - These are the "newest" stats and are the green numbers to the right of regular numbers by regular stats. They're basically all great, have no cap, and contribute effectiveness in batches. +5 heroic Agility doesn't matter much, whereas +25 does. You want these, but again they mostly come naturally.

For anyone who wonders about a good use for tribute, this is it. Say your Heroic Agility is at +146 and you'd want to hit +150 for the next tier of bonus? Use the Heroic Agility tribute to add in those few points whenever you're out fighting something where you could use the boost.

The heroics tribute is pretty pricy, but if you're just pushing a couple of important heroics up a tier it's worth the cost.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

The only way you're getting more Cleave is by going with cultural armor. This and the relative ease of getting higher end raid armor are the two main reasons for using cultural armor. It's also the reason you should save Disuniting Mechanotablets if you're killing clockworks, as that's the tablet used to make the cleave augs and it's the only one that sells in the bazaar still.

On tribute, melees should have max ac and flurry bonuses going while exping. There's plenty of easy tribute out there, including those dreamwaver satchels you can /claim 999 of if you own voa or hot.

quote:

One of the things my guild checks on new apps is A) Do they have all aug slots filled? and B) do they have their highest possible AC in shield? A No for either of those means they are lovely and/or lazy and deserve at least some heckling. Even on raids you'll take some random hits from trash so keeping your survivability up is important.

Remember when I mentioned that my shield was worth as much AC as half my gear? The aug in it is worth a full 2 gear slots of AC. There is simply nothing better a caster can do to improve melee survivability than placing a good aug there. Feel free to bandolier out to a 2hb with 3 aug slots during a burn though.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
So I tried this card game in the menu because people were saying you can get a mount as a reward from it.

For starters, while going through the tutorial the game is ridiculously complicated.

Once I finally got through it I read that I cannot play unless I am an "Eq subscriber". I'm a gold member wth.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Curious as to what the going rate is for 1500sc soe card to platinum? If i have enough in the bank i may consider it since i dont have funds to reup gold this month.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

During a double SC period, I paid 50k three times for 2k cards and don't even pay real life money to play the game anymore. It's stupid how cheap it is to just drop a couple hours worth of loot plat on another month of time. Thank the difference in money/hour between a level 60 and a level 90!

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012

Citycop posted:

So I tried this card game in the menu because people were saying you can get a mount as a reward from it.

For starters, while going through the tutorial the game is ridiculously complicated.

Once I finally got through it I read that I cannot play unless I am an "Eq subscriber". I'm a gold member wth.

Many if us had the same issue. If your just looking for a mount it comes (I believe) only from the booster pack loot cards. So find the mount your hoping for and burn your boosters to that series. If you want to do the story line single player missions there is a work around. Click on the monthly challenge or whatever it is in the lower right of the main page. It was Brissebane but not sure now. Once there click to enter the monthly scenario and it will let you pick what string you want to work on.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Citycop posted:

To play scenario and event games, go to the trade screen. on the right you should see something like "click here to play the event scenario". A window should pop up with all the scenarios and stuff you shouldn't be playing [Or should if you've spent money].

I spent money on EQ and bought a booster pack. I even bought a regular booster pack with cash too to prevent this headache and it's still being stupid.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Download the stand alone client for LoN from http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.com/play4free.vm and give that a shot. The client built in to EQ is pretty lovely and prone to crashing itself and/or EQ.

I just logged into it with my silver account and it seemed fine.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

During a double SC period, I paid 50k three times for 2k cards and don't even pay real life money to play the game anymore. It's stupid how cheap it is to just drop a couple hours worth of loot plat on another month of time. Thank the difference in money/hour between a level 60 and a level 90!

On my server the going rate is 4x+ the amount you paid. I sold 3 cards during 3x SC day, one for 300K, one for 250K, and the last for 275K.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

I bought 3x $15 Wal-Mart cards for 200k each during this last triple SC weekend. That was most of my plat but it turned into 18000 SC :banjo:

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
I’ve been trying to get my hands on a set of HoT Abstruse visible armor and/or Terror Infused chain but bazaar prices for finished pieces are crazy town.

What’s the best way to approach this? Spam the crap out of general? Do any Luclin goons have some extra remnants I could buy a combine from this weekend?

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Yea thats a bit more than i have in my bank. Guess I'll be silvering it for a few weeks.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Wask posted:

I’ve been trying to get my hands on a set of HoT Abstruse visible armor and/or Terror Infused chain but bazaar prices for finished pieces are crazy town.

What’s the best way to approach this? Spam the crap out of general? Do any Luclin goons have some extra remnants I could buy a combine from this weekend?

/join houseofthule and general and spam that you're buying it. Worked for me pretty well. You'll have to buy the patterns, but if you google HoT armor guide the first result will tell you what you need for your class.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Wask posted:

I'm out of town and offline for the weekend, but I have a spare head and wrist remnant on Usli, all yours if you still need them next week. Just supply me the tradeskilled piece and the 2100 plat for the vendor items per piece.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Chalandria's Fang is being rewarded again for the new LoN scenario. They gave it out a few years ago and it's probably the best reward they've ever had - once a day level-appropriate poison proc potion clicky. Get this poo poo.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

meat gnome posted:

Chalandria's Fang is being rewarded again for the new LoN scenario. They gave it out a few years ago and it's probably the best reward they've ever had - once a day level-appropriate poison proc potion clicky. Get this poo poo.

I'll give you a pile of plat if you win the scenario on my melee accounts, dead serious. I hate that drat card game and don't want to play but I have moneys!

Also, I have no T1 HoT remnants, but I have a SHITLOAD of T2-T4 including a full set of T4 if someone wants it. The min level is higher and the combinations are more expensive, but it's WAY better gear and it's just going to rot on my monk otherwise

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Out of curiosity, what is the standard HP of a main tank for an end game guild these days? I just came back to the game, and my now 69 necros HP is about 7000 unbuffed. When I quit I think tanks had about 14000 unbuffed? This was in PoP, before it had been finished. I did some reading and saw that the current end-game bosses have a normal hit of 25000??? Just how much HP do tanks have these days?!

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

cryptoclastic posted:

Out of curiosity, what is the standard HP of a main tank for an end game guild these days? I just came back to the game, and my now 69 necros HP is about 7000 unbuffed. When I quit I think tanks had about 14000 unbuffed? This was in PoP, before it had been finished. I did some reading and saw that the current end-game bosses have a normal hit of 25000??? Just how much HP do tanks have these days?!

This is the magelo of one of the warriors in the top raid guild: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/568718

So yeah, like, >90k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

meat gnome posted:

This is the magelo of one of the warriors in the top raid guild: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/568718

So yeah, like, >90k

As a necro- you're gonna get up to 70k+ yourself. My 95 necro in T2 voa gear has 72-75k depending on buffs.