Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

DaveKap posted:

I wonder just how many "You're Welcome" stamps would sell out if Hussie made one for Topataco.
I know I'd buy one.

My suspicion is that it'll be a purchase bonus option on the next book.

Since doing art sketches for book 2 kinda killed updating for a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Rooreelooo posted:

Hahaha it's so appropriate that jack has a compromising fancy for terriers, considering he becomes one in the other universe

I suspect you don't know much about dog breeds (Bec/Halley is not a terrier).

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

For your Homestuck speculation pleasure, I'm going through Hussie's tumblr and noting all the supposedly-sarcastic responses to see how many have come true yet.

quote:

Dear Mister Andrew Hussie Sir, Will we ever see Spades Slick again? Is he okay? I will spend countless nights up, worried about him.

I am nursing him back to health in my house, like a baby bird that fell from its nest too young.

Check.

quote:

Why do you like to Kill all the characters everyone loves?You are a heartless man.

To make room for the 48 squiddles I’m about to introduce, and then kill.

Squiddle intermission confirmed for all of Act 7.1.1????!??

quote:

LORD ENGLISH = FIDUSPAWN?? (THE SIMILARITIES ARE NOT IGNORABLE!)

LE is from a proud race of horsaronies.

Wait this would be so much funnier if we didn’t already know LE wasn’t horsaroni in a big coat poo poo

Lord English is a one-trick pony.

quote:

Since you released all the god tier symbols, that means more of the characters will go god tier right? It’d be super awesome to see all their designs c:

If I miraculously squeezed three years into a yard of lightspeed travel, I think I can squeeze 12 god tiers into an entire slaughterhouse of brutally murdered, narratively irrelevant trolls.

JUST WATCH ME WORK MY MAGIC

We have seen a lot of brutally murdered, narratively irrelevant dream trolls in God Tier costumes. Check.

quote:

“What happened to SBaHJ #39?”

Given the recent update that mentioned that the SBaHJ movie series would often give you the wrong edition and stuff, I've got this terrible feeling that #39 can be found by putting something weird into the URL. And that it will contain some surprising secret about homestuck.

quote:

What do Heart powers do?

Maybe we’ll find out later??????

For now, let’s say they make you extremely likely to get beaten to death by a rowdy juggalo.

Dirk, no! :ohdear:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So the Condesce modified all the taps to emit Faygo instead of water. Is that still happening 400 years in the future? What the hell is going on during Dirk's legendary showers?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Surprise update! Jack Noir killed a guy!

I'm sorry, Royal Guardsman, we shall never hear your story. May you receive the expanded backstory you truly deserved in reams of fan art and fan fiction soon to come flooding in to the internet.

Alternatively your guts will be used to help Jack Noir escape.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

YggiDee posted:

So the Condesce modified all the taps to emit Faygo instead of water. Is that still happening 400 years in the future? What the hell is going on during Dirk's legendary showers?

It's got what plants crave, who's he to argue?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I hope jack keeps throwing knifes at other knifes, until he has constructed a pole of knives stuck in the back of that guy, which he can then be used as a lever.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Zorak posted:

I hope jack keeps throwing knifes at other knifes, until he has constructed a pole of knives stuck in the back of that guy, which he can then be used as a lever.

I'm excited for knifegorg.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Bobulus posted:

Dirk, no! :ohdear:

I'm pretty sure that was referencing Nepeta, but I'd like to see Gamzee lose a rap-off with Dirk and engage murder mode, or at least try.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

sitchelin posted:

I'm pretty sure that was referencing Nepeta, but I'd like to see Gamzee lose a rap-off with Dirk and engage murder mode, or at least try.

Yes, it was. That was the joke.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Another small update, and with more Jailbreak callbacks! :allears:

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
After reading and being so highly amused at these last few updates, I have come to the conclusion that I actually have to read Jailbreak.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Going over Jailbreak again, forging magazines into blades is also a callback! This is the best intermission.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

DontMockMySmock posted:

You are the best at appreciating jokes! (you are the worst)

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
He's like a puppy. A murderous puppy who can't stop stabbing things to death.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Oh Jack, you rascal :allears:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

sitchelin posted:

I'm pretty sure that was referencing Nepeta

Speaking of which, I think these are the same stabs that Jack showed Dream Nepeta.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh Jack. He's just trying to say hello to those guards, but they're just not up to it.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
You've done it again, Jack. Will you ever not stab anyone?

(The answer is no)

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

DontMockMySmock posted:

WRONG someone asked hussie what breed of dog bec was and his answer was 'omnipoterrier', and we all know hussie formspring answers are canon

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

YggiDee posted:

He lives above the ocean with plenty of future tech to work with. He probably pumps up sea water, purifies it and showers with that. Maybe while drinking Faygo.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I like how all this sequence maintains the Jailbreak theme of every useful or productive command failing, except instead of the protagonist getting arbitrarily dicked over by the universe in contrived ways they just fail because of Jack being Jack.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Gabriel Pope posted:

I like how all this sequence maintains the Jailbreak theme of every useful or productive command failing, except instead of the protagonist getting arbitrarily dicked over by the universe in contrived ways they just fail because of Jack being Jack.

I didn't catch that originally, but it only bodes well for the future.

Jack :allears:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Kind of sad that nobody will care about these guards' murders. Which is sort of cause to dwell on just how much death has happened in the comic so far. The human race has been wiped out twice just for starters. It's a sad, sad world.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Dolash posted:

Kind of sad that nobody will care about these guards' murders. Which is sort of cause to dwell on just how much death has happened in the comic so far. The human race has been wiped out twice just for starters. It's a sad, sad world.

hell, how many entire worlds/universes have been destroyed by failed sessions of the game?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Feranon posted:

hell, how many entire worlds/universes have been destroyed by failed sessions of the game?

Well, technically speaking the human race only got wiped out once. There was the first time in B1, which got reset only for them to get wiped out again. The same goes for the trolls.

So far we've seen 2 or 4, depending on if we count scratched sessions. It's possible that since the number of potential sessions is infinite, the number of failed sessions is also infinite.

Also, even if you succeed in your session your civilization is still destroyed. For a session to succeed, the Reckoning must occur. And for the trolls, who had a vast empire in space, Doc Scratch made special arrangements to ensure the destruction of the trolls.

I think every single session of the game might destroy a civilization, whether through the Reckoning, killing off the host universe, an insane alien space empress or the psychic scream of a Horrorterror.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think we can count the pre-reset and post-resent mass extinctions as functionally being two separate instanes of genocide. Hell, the reset itself is effectively an omnicide since it is clear you don't have to be destroyed by it in order for it to work (the four heroes weren't in the reset and yet they did appear in the post-scratch universe, and their incipisphere worlds were replaced by different ones by design), so the reset destroying everything is really more of a violent addition to the process rather than it simply turning back the clock on those caught in its sphere.

Imagine if a teleporter worked by flash-cloning the teleported individual at the destination site and incinerating the original at starting point. We'd probably say that person had been killed, right?

Edit: VVV
pre:
Fixed a bug where Skaia Defense Portals were redirecting ALL asteroids to the player homeworld, 
not just the ones carrying their paradox-selves and the exiles, instead of sending them into the sun. Would 
have caught it earlier, except the error was fatal to all beta-testing species that encountered it.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 3, 2012

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think most of these problems are caused by people not testing their software enough. I mean, if everyone's playing the Alpha or the Beta version, or the version some guy hacked together on his computer, then <i>of course</i> you're going to get glitched sessions. Somewhere out there exists a Sburb: Gold Edition, and the patch notes are probably longer than Homestuck is.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

YggiDee posted:

I think most of these problems are caused by people not testing their software enough. I mean, if everyone's playing the Alpha or the Beta version, or the version some guy hacked together on his computer, then <i>of course</i> you're going to get glitched sessions. Somewhere out there exists a Sburb: Gold Edition, and the patch notes are probably longer than Homestuck is.

Sburb: Game of the ∞ Edition.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I think the best ones I saw a while back were

-A decimal error was causing the god-tier Thief "Steal" command to steal 100% of the target's attribute. This has been reduced to its intended 10%.

-Fixed a graphical error on the loading screen to planets with the Frogs descriptor.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Dude, don't bring a baton to a knife fight.

(Also, don't get in a knife fight with Jack.)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Sup, Prospit AR?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

And now, your regular Homestuck LiveBlog status update:

- PrecisionFStrike has gone on hiatus while she deals with getting into Grad School. She is missed. Started curious, now loves to speculate.
- WTF-Is-Homestuck is battling illness to go to Homestuck convention events and is slowly working her way through Act 6.
- ManVsHomestuck has actually caught up, but saved his notes as he was reading and is posting them daily as the tumblr photo upload limit allows. So his blog is approaching Cascade. Continues to be a bit too angry in a mocking way, but is following along better and has given up trying to outsmart Hussie. Hates Vriska with a burning passion.
- Treestuck is new to my lists. She took a long, long time to get through the first act, but went completely bonkers about the story when the trolls started appearing. She's now rapidly going through Act 5. She is a huge fan of the conversations but has trouble with the time-travel-aspects. She's also planning on doing a lot of fan-art once she gets caught up. Hilariously, loves Vriska as much as MvH hates her.
- ImReadingThisHomestuckThing is all caught up and is jumping headfirst into the speculation side of things with his asks.
- ReadingHomestuck is caught up and is a speculation-free, just daily commentary on the strip.
- DiscoveringWebcomics has disappeared from the net, last seen commenting that she was having too many personal problems to continue.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 3, 2012

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

RIP In Advance Big Prospitian Guy

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Bobulus posted:

And now, your regular Homestuck LiveBlog status update:

There's also http://ihavenoideawhatthisthingis.tumblr.com/ which started just a few days ago and is in Act 2 currently.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Jack, I believe it's time to admit you have a problem.

We don't have a problem with your problem, but you need to.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

If Hussie is dead who is narrating this?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jesus, Jack.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Jack has consistently been one of my favorite characters in this whole comic, and the more acts of absurd violence he commits the more I love him. :allears:

(yes perhaps I should seek therapy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Oh my God Jack...

Just...

Just stop, let that other guys head go, take a deeeep breath, ok? Ok, calm now, calm...