Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Awesome Animals posted:

I enjoy how the 'Gaians' don't understand that Gaia didn't chose to release the items in the U.S. only. I guess they would have preferred that the items didn't get released at all?
That' what a lot of them are saying, yeah.

But they're incredibly dumb, because the items are available in the Gaia marketplace and can be purchased with Gaia gold, which is free (you earn it by playing games, etc).

Also there is a LOT of this going on

Gaia. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

the kawaiiest posted:

This person's entire life is Gaia, isn't it?

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!

the kawaiiest posted:

Of all the things one could criticize about America, this is probably the most amusingly low-key one.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

The Bible posted:

This person's entire life is Gaia, isn't it?
Most likely. I mean a person who rages that much about pixels on a web site probably has nothing else to live for.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

We really do need another Gaia thread, don't we.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Corridor posted:

Maybe in PYF? I think an idea was brewing in the other thread about a "PYF wacky and potentially scary experience from Gaia Online"

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Awesome Animals posted:

Maybe in PYF? I think an idea was brewing in the other thread about a "PYF wacky and potentially scary experience from Gaia Online"
Well I'm not going to post it, so if anyone wants to do it go ahead. I shared my best Gaia stories on the other thread already.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

the kawaiiest posted:

Well I'm not going to post it, so if anyone wants to do it go ahead. I shared my best Gaia stories on the other thread already.

Yeah but I missed it. :(

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Corridor posted:

Let's just hope that we don't get another dumbshit Gaia employee blabbing too much and loving everything up again.

Doused
Nov 5, 2011
Oh Gaia. If only its users would get as mad about Gaia allowing teens to basically sell near nudes of themselves for virtual gold as they are about only the US getting those anime items.

On topic, is it just me or does every anime/gaming club just have this one person that seems to get a free pass to sexually molesting anyone they please? I was terrified when this guy who I did not know at all besides seeing him in the anime club once or twice came up behind me and tried giving me a back rub. I naturally freaked out, and he just told me to stop being such a baby and that I'd enjoy it next time and went off to grope my friend, who was okay with it because: "I have a boyfriend so it doesn't matter~"

There was a similar person in my high school's anime club, but at least the president of the club had the sense to kick him out. He still did it outside of the club meeting though.

Anime clubs are dangerous places.

Clockroach
Dec 12, 2010
The anime club kids I knew generally avoided all physical contact, except one freshman who discovered the concept of "glomping". One day she tackled me the second I walked into the room, and I couldn't tell her to gently caress off because I couldn't breathe. I had never had a conversation with her before this so I have no idea what she was thinking.

No stories about her, because I yelled at her for that, as I think other people did, and she actually learned from her mistakes and worked towards being socially adjusted.

becrumbac
Apr 25, 2012
As an aside, this is the thread that made me pay my :10bux:. I've been lurking it for a while.

Let me tell you about... Betty.

Betty seemed to have a permanent peasant-skirts-and-jewelery phase after the age of fifteen. Before that, she wore all black. She was into the animes, glomped, and was an atheist yet somehow a Wiccan at the same time. Currently, she is still all these things, but also insisting she is a pansexual. :psyduck:

Betty did numerous crazy things including;

• Steal food. I'd occasionally buy chips at the school cafeteria if I didn't bring a packed lunch with me, and she'd steal them. Even after being asked to stop, she'd do a 'mischievous grin' and steal more chips. She did this with any kind of food that was good to share and that she liked, such as stealing chocolate or taking swigs from your drink,and even stealing the food of a girl with an eating disorder. If you had food, she'd take it and not apologize. If you left her to it, she'd eat half your meal as well as her own, and get lovely when you asked her to share. This did leave an effect on her appearance, after she ate everyone's food. This in general applied to anything you did. Like a lot of crazy anime girls, she had boundary issues.

• I once went shopping with Betty. A good chunk of this involved stopping at some New Age scam seller, spending 20+ minutes talking to her and buying all the books. Then complaining about buying them.

• Betty apparently 'hated' people, and would tell this to other people at length. She would also tell you at length about how she hated something, even if you really liked it.

• After I stopped talking to her, she'd make attempts to reestablish contact, including joining me at a school festival booth that I was running and repeatedly touching my shoulder affectionately, as well as my arm :stare: . I had recently come out, and it was made all the worse. (coincidentally, almost immediately after I came out, she started insisting she was a pansexual). It was pretty obviously not wanted attention, yet she kept doing it. She'd invade others boundaries a lot and was very touchy, and often didn't stop if you asked her not to. A mutual friend told me she also tried repeatedly touch her as well.

• She also did the 'turn up at a con and sit in a corner glowering' thing, as well as the terrible cosplay. And the terrible drawing while insisting it was good thing. And the fan fiction. I'm glad I was never told of her fan fiction.

There was other crazy stuff she did, but I've long since decided to erase it from my brain.

I stopped talking to Betty when I grew out of being quite so socially awkward. We had an anime club too, and she was in it, but since we weren't allowed to use any TV's this usually turned into taking out all the comics from the local library and reading them or discussing them. And no one ever declared they were really a character from Ouran High School (the anime they were all into) in an alternate universe or something. I'm glad I dodged that bullet.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Awesome Animals posted:

Make it general "horrible people in MMO's" and go for it.

Apparently some people are tired of Gaiachat here in their Animefanchat so uh yeah I guess stay on topic in your thread about awful things

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Alright, thank you. Thread is up here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481186

lucythenomad
Mar 6, 2012
Uglynoodles, thank you so much for your stories so far. I wish you all the best.

On with the crazy!

The Nazi-Vampire
The Reincarnation Chronicles part one- " My only goal in life is to be reincarnated as Queen Victoria!“

The Reincarnation Chronicles part two: “I have the right to hate Germany because I am a reincarnated Holocaust victim!”

The Reincarnation Chronicles part three: "How DARE you question that I am the reincarnation of Nietzsche!"

Up to 10th grade, my classmate Melanie had been a quiet, pudgy girl that liked anime a bit too much. She had a group of like-minded friends who mostly stuck to themselves and didn’t appear to desire contact outside of their little group. At 15/16, however, Melanie lost a lot of weight, became more confident and outgoing, and started looking for friends outside of her clique.

Well, good for her, right? Unfortunately, this wasn’t as good as it seemed, since the crazy that had probably been inside her all the time was unleashed.

The new people Melanie started to hang out with included me and some of my friends, but she also became friends with the local fundie Christians. Over here, they are a small fringe group, but they do exist, some of them went to our school and they had a small but active community in our area. She started dating one of them (let’s call him Tim) and was involved with their church for some time.

However, she wasn’t really happy with some of their ideas, questioned them, and eventually her boyfriend broke up with her, claiming that “she was distracting him from his relationship with God”. Her encounter with the fundies, however, had caused Melanie to develop an interest in “spiritual matters”. Which means that she got obsessed with New Age crap.

First, Melanie just started surfing New Age Internet forums, but the people there encouraged her and her delusion just got bigger and bigger. She stopped talking to her friends when she had any problems. Instead, she told them to the people on the forums or she called some New Age phone line which cost her a fortune. Melanie also went to a New Age convention in Switzerland, and spent so much money on entrance fees and other crap that she couldn’t even afford a hostel to sleep in. I think she just didn’t sleep for the whole weekend, except for crashing on a bench somewhere for a few hours. During the convention, someone apparently took a picture of her with a special camera that depicted auras or some poo poo like that, and she spent the next week bragging to us that apparently, the colors of her aura meant that she was really close to god.

She also contacted a fortune-teller over the Internet and talked her into helping her win Tim back. The fortune-teller contacted Tim, but didn’t tell him that she was in touch with Melanie. Instead, she claimed that she had had a vision of Tim that had told her his email address and had prompted her to contact him. Tim, however, just told her that what she did was against his Christian beliefs and shortly after that, they stopped emailing.

Melanie also claimed that she had had supernatural experiences. Those included leaving her body and floating around her room. She also told us that one day, she had woken up and there had been ghosts tearing at her body and she had been unable to move. Oh, and she had magic powers, because you see, one day, she had set her CD player on shuffle mode, and she had thought really hard about this particular song, and then her CD player had played this particular song! This was clearly proof that she was special!

Oh, and she also believed that she was the reincarnation of Nietzsche. I don’t think Melanie ever read a lot of actual Nietzsche- she hardly ever read anything outside of school except for an occasional Terry Pratchett book, claiming that she didn’t have the time. (She did, however, have time to spend hours on the Internet and watch a fuckton of TV.) But she had read a text about Nietzsche’s ideas and some excerpts from his work in a school textbook. Apparently, she’d had some of the ideas herself as well. Instead of acknowledging that every angsty teenager feels that way, she claimed to be the reincarnation of Nietzsche. Unfortunately, she never elaborated on that very much. All I remember is that she started taking philosophy as an elective class, but then the teacher DARED to give her the equivalent of a B-. How dared he give the reincarnation of Nietzsche anything else than an A! He clearly didn’t understand her genius! So Melanie dropped the class again.

We were obviously worried about her, especially since we also suspected that she hadn’t lost all the weight in a healthy way- it had just happened too quickly. She always looked pale and tired and she would buy insane amounts of food at the school kiosk, like 11 muffins, claiming it was for her parents, so we secretly suspected she might have an eating disorder. She also had unhealthy sleep patterns, which consisted of going to bed at 4 am after wasting all night on the internet, sleeping for a few hours (and often missing the first few periods of school) and then waking up around nine. However, whenever we tried to talk to her about our concerns, she would shout at us that we didn’t understand because we were not as enlightened as her.

The biggest difference between Melanie and the twins that I mentioned in my earlier posts was: It was very obvious, that deep down, the twins didn’t believe any of the bizarre stuff they spouted, they were just doing it for the attention. While this could be annoying, they had lovely parents who basically ignored them, so I can see how they got that way. Melanie, however, seemed to truly believe all the bizarre poo poo she told us. The twins took their schoolwork very seriously, because they knew that good grades would improve their chances of getting out of our lovely small town. Melanie, however, skipped school so much that she only managed to graduate by forging the document on which her absences were marked.

Also, the twins were generally friendly and helpful people, while Melanie was usually being a huge bitch. She would yell at her friends in public for made-up reasons, talk poo poo behind their backs, whine about irrelevant things and never listen to anyone else’s problems, start fights about nothing and wouldn’t listen to reason. Eventually, all of us decided that we weren’t willing to deal with this anymore and broke ties with her. She then sent a weird rambling letter in which she claimed that she had found enlightenment and peace and that she wished us the same. It sounded like she had joined a cult or something. And that was the end of our friendship.

Coming up:
“I've traveled across the country and slept in phone boxes BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!”
and
The girl who converted to Islam for two days.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

lucythenomad posted:

Coming up:
“I've traveled across the country and slept in phone boxes BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!”

As someone who was once a teenage runaway for stupid and petty reasons, I'm very much looking forward to this one.

lucythenomad
Mar 6, 2012

Colon V posted:

As someone who was once a teenage runaway for stupid and petty reasons, I'm very much looking forward to this one.

The sad thing is that this person wasn't a teenager anymore, not by far. (This isn't going to be about Melanie anymore, it's someone else. Somehow I seem to attract a lot of crazies.)

lucythenomad fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 25, 2012

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Fascinating stuff. I see a few remarks about "what did these people do before the Internet". They certainly existed before the Internet, but it was a lot more work to accessorize your crazy than it is now.

Unfortunately, my memory of 30+ years ago is pretty hazy; I won't be able to tell as good a story as some, but let's see what I can remember.

Mike and I and all our other friends went to junior high and high school in a small rural town in the late 70s and early 80s. It was the good old days when heavy metal scared parents for real instead of just making them nostalgic. We loved Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, and "Stairway to Heaven" was by universal and completely unironic acclaim the greatest rock song on Earth.

It was also the time Dungeons and Dragons was first coming on the scene, and scared the squares even worse than heavy metal did. The media had tales, never authenticated, of animal sacrifices, Satanic rituals, kidnappings etc associated with D&D players, and Jack Chick penned his infamous 'Dark Dungeons' tract.

For most of us, the parent-terrorizing reputation of our music and game were a bonus feature worth a few laughs over how stupid people were. For Mike, though, the idea was fascinating.

Mike had always been a bit grandiose, telling whoppers about the stuff he was into. He was, for example, a martial arts expert, which I think amounted to a few introductory karate classes and a cheap pair of nunchucks (oh, Bruce Lee, how my generation loved you).

Eventually, though, thanks to the influence of Black Sabbath and D&D Mike decided he was a legit devil-worshipping Satanist and a wizard. Aleister Crowley was the real deal, and Mike was learning his secrets.

To get information on this stuff, you couldn't just look it up on the Internet. It required digging up dribbles of information in public libraries or used book stores, in old novels, books by crazy people, and weird ads in the backs of sketchy magazines. Our town was miles from any serious bookstore, so it was an occasion when you actually got time to look around one (it took me months get my hands on a Dungeon Master's Guide).

In a way, for me, tracking down obscure bits of lore was kind of like a game in and of itself. I didn't buy Mike's line for a minute, but I was a reader and a know-it-all, so he figured I was at least a bit of an expert, and I got a kick out of blowing his mind with some weird story I'd tracked down (also, I was the Dungeon Master, which gives one a certain authority on eldritch matters).

But we'd show up at school and he'd have some story about how he went to some Satanic ritual the night before, or he'd make some creepy but vague allusion to doing some devil-worshipping crime (and we didn't want to know any more about it, because people thought devil worshippers would sacrifice pets).

Maybe I'm making Mike sound like a kid who was just too into D&D, it was a bit worse than that. He really could be unpleasant to be around, had a temper and a lack of impulse control, and a tendency to make grandiose threats. My friends and I kind of had a feel for how far we could push it, and tended to avoid really setting him off. If he'd been in school at the time of Columbine he'd have probably been hauled off. (I'm cursing my damned memory here.)

Eventually Mike discovered, advertized in the back of some magazine, what I think now was the Simon Necronomicon. Several of us had gotten into H. P. Lovecraft but Mike was particularly interested and like all the rest of it, imagined there was something real to it. In those days, almost nobody (except us freaks) had heard of Lovecraft; Cthulhu was, like, serious secret knowledge stuff.

The Simon Necronomicon purported to be the real deal, the actual book of spells that inspired Lovecraft's literary homage. Looking on the Internet, it seems like there are still people that think its real. In any case, this was before the later paperback editions. The edition Mike would decide to order was bound in leather, with the title and the fearsome Elder Sign stamped in gold ink, printed on fancy heavy paper, it even had the ribbon to mark your place like a Bible. (Now you can get it in paperback from Amazon.)

In 1980-ish it cost him a lot of money for a poor small town high school sophomore with no steady job (and his love of the halflings' leaf). I want to guess $150, but there's my memory again. In any case, it was an accomplishment, and possibly the only time I ever saw him set a goal and accomplish a practical task with actual self-motivation (he had to open a banking account so he could write a check). And he was taking a pretty big risk sending a check that big off to a PO box he got out of some magazine.

When it finally arrived (lucky him, it wasn't a total scam), he carried it with him wherever he went for months afterwards, muttering to himself (in earshot of easily spooked squares) about its contents.

I suppose it's possible, maybe even likely, that he was mostly about freaking people out. I had a conversation with a fundamentalist Christian kid who took him completely seriously, because of course Satan and his worshippers were really out there plotting against us, and if Mike wasn't the real thing already, they'd be recruiting him any day. Mike's many antagonists probably encouraged him more than any of his sort-of-friends did by their reactions.

We were never as close as the OP was with her anime demon prince, though, which is probably why I'm having trouble remembering specific stories. Over the course of high school I hung out with him less and less (and lost track of him after graduation). He never stopped with the black magic stuff, though.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Base Emitter posted:

I suppose it's possible, maybe even likely, that he was mostly about freaking people out.
I think it's very likely this was for attention. Sounds that way to me. On the same vein of RPG enthusiasts that just couldn't be normal, I knew a guy.

While not being bad, he was a hyperactive liar. He was really into Star Wars, and I invited him to join into our D6 RPG group. Soon the lies started, and they included:
-Went to school with Natalie Portman in freshman year (we all lived in Washington State, ours was the class of 2001, so this wasn't true). At one point he confided that he danced with Natalie Portman at a school dance, and still had her number.
-Auditioned for Episode I, but was told (by Lucas himself) that all the roles had just been cast. Shucks.
-Lucasfilm is actually designing a real-life X-Wing (that flies). This came after a chance remark that the X-Wing didn't seem designed to fly in atmospheres very well. I think he really didn't want to be wrong about aerodynamics, but even at the time this was the most grating thing to me.
-All these video games his friend in Seattle has, each with varying degrees of nonsense. This lie also relied on me not having internet access, or a basic understanding of consumer-available technology (which I did). His friend was also a close friend of George Lucas, and was "working on technology like the Matrix, but for real life."

Now, he had other lies. It was pretty much his only mode, and in hindsight I feel kind of bad for him. What was so wrong that he couldn't just rely on the truth? To try and break him down, before I went to college I tried responding to his lies with a disinterested "Uh huh," but it never seemed to work. He didn't need to be so insecure, and I think maybe he had a sad home life. I keep in distant touch (since he's not really a bad guy), but he still does it these days. They're less indulgent lies, but still obvious.

Um, if you guys have questions I'll be happy to answer, but there isn't anything really depraved about him. Just one of those constant, helpless liars.

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 29, 2012

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

James Trickington posted:

I think it's very likely this was for attention. Sounds that way to me. On the same vein of RPG enthusiasts that just couldn't be normal, I knew a guy.

While not being bad, he was a hyperactive liar. He was really into Star Wars, and I invited him to join into our D6 RPG group. Soon the lies started, and they included:
-Went to school with Natalie Portman in freshman year (we all lived in Washington State, ours was the class of 2001, so this wasn't true). At one point he confided that he danced with Natalie Portman at a school dance, and still had her number.
-Auditioned for Episode I, but was told (by Lucas himself) that all the roles had just been cast. Shucks.
-Lucasfilm is actually designing a real-life X-Wing (that flies). This came after a chance remark that the X-Wing didn't seem designed to fly in atmospheres very well. I think he really didn't want to be wrong about aerodynamics, but even at the time this was the most grating thing to me.
-All these video games his friend in Seattle has, each with varying degrees of nonsense. This lie also relied on me not having internet access, or a basic understanding of consumer-available technology (which I did). His friend was also a close friend of George Lucas, and was "working on technology like the Matrix, but for real life."

Now, he had other lies. It was pretty much his only mode, and in hindsight I feel kind of bad for him. What was so wrong that he couldn't just rely on the truth? To try and break him down, before I went to college I tried responding to his lies with a disinterested "Uh huh," but it never seemed to work. He didn't need to be so insecure, and I think maybe he had a sad home life. I keep in distant touch (since he's not really a bad guy), but he still does it these days. They're less indulgent lies, but still obvious.

Um, if you guys have questions I'll be happy to answer, but there isn't anything really depraved about him. Just one of those constant, helpless liars.

I know what it is like to deal with these people. I dated a girl for a month that claimed to have dated Joe Mauer (current catcher for the Minnesota Twins, won the AL MVP) the summer before we met despite her being from Cincinnati and Mauer being born and raised Minnesotan. A few months later she was stuck in a love triangle between herself, Mauer, and the captain of the US Men's Olympic Hockey Team, Zack Parise. She was overflowing with crazy but it was a fun rebound before I landed back onto planet Earth after a bad break-up

Farbauti
Dec 8, 2011

James Trickington posted:

Some people are just compulsive liars, an old friend of mine is one but has the charm, good looks & charisma to pull it off. He could lie so convincingly that he would end up believing in the bullshit he was saying. We were housemates for a while, where he was living with his then-girlfriend but he also had multiple other girls on the side, every one thought he was something else. A musician, a producer etc. He almost got rumbled so many times I asked him straight up how could he keep doing it, knowing that he had to be lucky every time and a single mistake would wreck everything and he got very serious, looked me in the eye and said something like "I think I'm a god.. Nothing goes wrong for me." He was so sure about his godliness that he didn't even hide his affairs and openly bragged out them.

All the lies he built came tumbling down in the end though. He got kicked out, his stuff got wrecked by a rather pissed off (former) girlfriend and he lost his job when she then scattered his stuff all over the property (since he was banging another girl at work).

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

quote:

Back last month, Mamimi had her one year anniversary with me. I was a little late doing her retrospective post but she enjoyed seeing that.

Awww isn't that sweet?

Oh wait, :nws: "Mamimi" is an anime doll. :nws:

I went to figure.fm to look for a creepy guy I remembered and was going to post a story about him here. I couldn't find him, but then I kinda realized that pretty much everyone on that site is just as uh, interesting.

BJD people are so crazy.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
i'd laugh at BJD crazies but i need to go back to choosing my Sim's dinstinctive looks and creating their biographies and carefully posing them in sets i designed myself, and maybe posting about them in a fan site so people can see how pretty they are :ohdear:

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:
But you didn't spend $1000 to do so, so laugh away when you take a break.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Guesticles posted:

But you didn't spend $1000 to do so, so laugh away when you take a break.
I dunno, it depends on how many expansions he bought.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

the kawaiiest posted:

Awww isn't that sweet?

I didn't even realize they made BJD with boobs like the other doll in those photos. Now I'm thinking of all the things guys married to anime girls could do. :gonk:

Prathm
Nov 24, 2005

the kawaiiest posted:

Awww isn't that sweet?

I went to figure.fm to look for a creepy guy I remembered and was going to post a story about him here. I couldn't find him, but then I kinda realized that pretty much everyone on that site is just as uh, interesting.

BJD people are so crazy.

I like how the cat is clearly going "what the gently caress is wrong with you?". Possibly in Samuel L. Jackson's voice.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Kimitsu posted:

I didn't even realize they made BJD with boobs like the other doll in those photos. Now I'm thinking of all the things guys married to anime girls could do. :gonk:

It's unusual since they all seem to have the nipples-on-a-flat-chest loli bodytypes for some reason, but hey whatever the client wants. :downs:

Female BJDs also all have vulvas. Back when I was researching dollmaking (never ended up getting into it because gently caress resin) I checked out a lot of sites that documented their building process, and it's like, "Okay he's sculpted the head prototype and put it on a stick, and there's an arm with those itty bitty fingers, and he's making the torso in two halves" and then BAM tiny sculpted vulva. Every drat time. Even if the doll was meant to look about eight years old. Also the nipples are carefully modeled and painted coral pink.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

e: Oh god those dolls call their pervy owner 'papa'. The creeper claims to see that huge-breasted doll thing as his daughter.

Corridor fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 2, 2012

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Corridor posted:

It's unusual since they all seem to have the nipples-on-a-flat-chest loli bodytypes for some reason, but hey whatever the client wants. :downs:

Female BJDs also all have vulvas. Back when I was researching dollmaking (never ended up getting into it because gently caress resin) I checked out a lot of sites that documented their building process, and it's like, "Okay he's sculpted the head prototype and put it on a stick, and there's an arm with those itty bitty fingers, and he's making the torso in two halves" and then BAM tiny sculpted vulva. Every drat time. Even if the doll was meant to look about eight years old. Also the nipples are carefully modeled and painted coral pink.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

e: Oh god those dolls call their pervy owner 'papa'. The creeper claims to see that huge-breasted doll thing as his daughter.

The male dolls get the same treatment. My Aunt & sister are doll collectors, and make the costumes etc. Anyways, when she finally got her Jace BJD, she was thrilled that he was anatomically correct. He's molded in the standard flaccid position, but there are some people who just have to give their doll a resin hard on, too--she saw some at a doll show. :stonk:

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Corridor posted:

This is apparently really common among male BJD collectors. Even Danny Choo, who is a public figure, calls his dolls "daughters" openly on his web site.

He also displays their panties and bras in his office. Like, on a little stand of some sort.

I have no problem with Danny, but he's a little... eccentric.

Sudden Guts Pill
Aug 7, 2009
And here I was, thinking it might be fun to buy one of the cheaper-end BJDs, maybe get into making clothes and stuff. If these are the people I'm going to encounter in that subculture, I'm not so sure anymore. :stonk:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Sudden Guts Pill posted:

And here I was, thinking it might be fun to buy one of the cheaper-end BJDs, maybe get into making clothes and stuff. If these are the people I'm going to encounter in that subculture, I'm not so sure anymore. :stonk:

You have chosen wisely...

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

the kawaiiest posted:

This is apparently really common among male BJD collectors. Even Danny Choo, who is a public figure, calls his dolls "daughters" openly on his web site.

He also displays their panties and bras in his office. Like, on a little stand of some sort.

Oh sure I mean what right-minded father doesn't do that :psyduck:

Seriously, it doesn't bother me if people adopt their dolls as children, or if they want to keep them as tiny inanimate sex partners. But the crossover just underlines every goddamn thing that's wrong with lolicon.

Sudden Guts Pill posted:

Yeah I love making dolly things, so I was wanting to get into that a while ago. The crazies scared me right away.

I guess it really depends how much crazy you're willing to put up with. There are a few BJD people on these forums I believe, and they don't seem quite so bad, by which I mean they don't think their dolls are people and are not sexually attracted to them. Some of still spend way the gently caress too much money on doll clothes and custom wigs and poo poo, so there's that. And then a few of them, like you, don't give a gently caress about designer brands or bragging rights and just enjoy making the clothes.

If I were you I might just dip a toe in the water in a forum or two, then make a mental note to stay away from anyone who admits to pouring a significant chunk of their income into dollies.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Corridor posted:

But the crossover just underlines every goddamn thing that's wrong with lolicon.
That's exactly what bothers me about it. If these guys referred to the dolls as their wives, hell that'd be weird and all but OK whatever. If they referred to them as "daughters" but didn't treat them as sex objects, that'd be kinda odd but not so bad. But this is just... it's so goddamn creepy, argh.

:nws: Here's Danny Choo's uh, "daughter underwear display". :nws:

Don't miss the description. It's the best part.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Sudden Guts Pill posted:

We're not all crazy! :colbert: Look, there's even a topic in DIY for non-crazy goons.

On the other hand it is very small. And not updated much. So like ten non-crazy BJD owners on the internet. Yeah, that sounds about right. :v:

e: I should mention (to keep on topic) I have met the crazy-crazy ones face to face. A few months ago I decided to check out a doll meet at a mall nearby. I stayed about twenty minutes before leaving. In short order:

1) One woman brought all fifteen of her dolls, each which cost between $800-$1000.
2) Another woman wouldn't shut up about her livejournal filled with doll yaoi
3) An older woman asked me about if my doll started talking to me yet :stare:
4) Ending with them staring gaped mouth at me when I admitted the only doll I owned wasn't a REAL BJD! :ohdear:

So yeah. They're all crazy.

Wandering Knitter fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 2, 2012

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

the kawaiiest posted:

That's exactly what bothers me about it. If these guys referred to the dolls as their wives, hell that'd be weird and all but OK whatever. If they referred to them as "daughters" but didn't treat them as sex objects, that'd be kinda odd but not so bad. But this is just... it's so goddamn creepy, argh.

:nws: Here's Danny Choo's uh, "daughter underwear display". :nws:

Don't miss the description. It's the best part.

I read the accompanying article thing it links back to. God, Choo really is a lovely human being.

Sudden Guts Pill
Aug 7, 2009
I can see how obscure/silly hobbies attract crazy folk (and have a little experience with it, just see my A/T on lolita fashion). Seems like if I just avoid going to meets and talking with folks that are obsessed on certain levels, I'd probably be okay.

Right? :ohdear: Sometimes I worry that all my weird hobbies are going to make me crazy, or having them means I was crazy all along. :tinfoil:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Sudden Guts Pill posted:

I can see how obscure/silly hobbies attract crazy folk (and have a little experience with it, just see my A/T on lolita fashion). Seems like if I just avoid going to meets and talking with folks that are obsessed on certain levels, I'd probably be okay.

Right? :ohdear: Sometimes I worry that all my weird hobbies are going to make me crazy, or having them means I was crazy all along. :tinfoil:

Just about any interest can be taken to an unhealthy extreme, even the more mainstream hobbies. If your hobbies aren't interfering with your ability to work, interact with non-hobbyists, leave your house, etc. I think you're fine.

I think at their heart most hobbies are about wanting to make something. Whether it's clothes for your doll or for yourself, a birdhouse, an awesome wall of action figures, or a pretty garden, or whatever. There's a level of satisfaction to making things that really can't be fulfilled by anything else. That's a totally healthy impulse.

Farbauti
Dec 8, 2011

Corridor posted:

Seriously, it doesn't bother me if people adopt their dolls as children, or if they want to keep them as tiny inanimate sex partners.

Both are pretty far into crazy-town and if someone has a thing for sexing up child sized dolls..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Farbauti posted:

Both are pretty far into crazy-town and if someone has a thing for sexing up child sized dolls..

Well, when I say "it doesn't bother me," I am of course speaking relatively, in the context of this thread of horrors. It isn't hurting me as such, it's just stupid and weird and I'm going to laugh at people who do it.

And they are not remotely child-sized, the things are loving tiny. Like, a handspan high. Some of them are made to look like children (or more specifically, like anime lolis), but it's really just a poseable figurine. Anyone who's attracted to them is definitely a crazy lolicon, but I'm not really expecting their owners to esculate straight to child rape. (Though with lolicon, who can ever be sure...)

It's actually women who get into creepy sexualising of their BJDs most often. Those things are like yaoi incarnate to those people.

e: If you can get past the anime fetishism, BJDs look like they could be a pretty cool for some awesome/hosed up art pieces.

Corridor fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 2, 2012

• Locked thread