Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Ate dinner twice.

Wasn't originally going to but multidining came up in another thread and I just had to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novak
Aug 8, 2006

Turnin' on the screw

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

This is gonna be me Friday night. Less than a week, I can feel it! SO drat CLOSE. For now, I will live vicariously through you.

Stick with it! Can't even begin to tell you how much relief I've felt since turning it in. Got taken to a Michelin ranked restaurant for a 5 course meal just now as a reward, which made suffering through the entire thing completely worth it. :)

The HOtel
Nov 12, 2007

This is the best thread :3:

I just got a job offer from a really awesome company, doing what I love. I've been in a bad situation for nearly a year now, and I hope I can put all that behind me now!

Danny Bro Pty Ltd
Sep 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Got my exam results for a test done on Saturday, no less. Got 23 out of 30, which is a distinction (76%).

Honestly, I was really surprised at that. I studied hard, of course, but my route of attack during the exam was different to what I usually do, and not in a good way. I had my notes effectively written out, yet I lacked focus, and did not use my little habits that I usually do.

Also, got my blue card in the mail. I can now start volunteer work with the refugees!

Further, I got all my work done with the Australian Taxation Offices "Tax Help" program. I am now ready to do my other volunteer work helping to do tax returns for this end of financial year.

On top of that, I landed an interview tomorrow. It's for work placement done through my uni, in between semester 1 and semester 2. If it all works out, I hope to get work placement in a small accounting firm nearby, which will allow me to do 3 units instead of 4 next semester.

Finally, I became an uncle. Happy birthday, little Eva! :3:

Danny Bro Pty Ltd has a new favorite as of 00:03 on Apr 25, 2012

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Today I got a paper back from my hardest class that I was sure was a C paper, B- at best. I got an A-.

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green? :(

Merou posted:

Today was awesome.

I got my car back from the repair place and no longer have to ride the bus. Which means I don't have to leave home an hour and a half earlier and get home an hour later every day. Which means I get to sit around in my pajamas watching Stargate (yes I put them back on after I got my car so what).

That would be a simply good day.

What bumps us up into awesome my friends, I was offered a job making about 15% more than I do now in Denver with a differential that on weekends will get me about 50% more per hour than I make now. I was really starting to feel kind of... no good at what I do. I started applying for jobs out of state about a year ago when my lease was ending and got nothing, not even an interview. This time my lease is ending, I had 4 in a week and I have one more in Portland on monday. Unless they make me a really great offer I don't imagine I'll accept Portland, but I paid for the ticket and hotel so I may as well go and check it out and have a mini-vacation anyway.

This isn't awesome because of the money or moving out of my parents house. I do fine and live in downtown Austin. Its awesome because it means I don't suck. Getting hired out of state in healthcare ain't easy. Getting a raise don't hurt neither.

Edit: Also tomorrow is my birthday.

I got an offer from a different place in Denver, my base pay will be approximately 25% higher than my base pay now. When I finish training and go onto night shifts the differential will put my pay at 30% higher than my current pay with differential now. Though both offers pay around the same hourly, the one I chose to accept was 80 hours per 2 weeks instead of 70 hours. So 8 weeks from today I will begin my new job in Denver, CO. I'll be there in 6 weeks to handle some job business and look for an apartment, planning to move a week before my start date.

Also since the job I took is not within the company I work for, its not a transfer, which means I'll get paid out for my PTO, of which I have about a month.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I get to go see Arctic Monkey and The Black Keys play on Friday. I even got someone to cover my shift at work during the show. I just picked up some stanky herb, and it's going to make the concert even better.

I'm ready to rock all the way to Friday night.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Beastie posted:

I get to go see Arctic Monkey and The Black Keys play on Friday. I even got someone to cover my shift at work during the show. I just picked up some stanky herb, and it's going to make the concert even better.

I'm ready to rock all the way to Friday night.
Just about everyone I know went to that concert, and the consensus was that it was worth it for Arctic Monkeys alone. You're in for a good one!

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I've had a lovely week at work, but when I got home tonight my girlfriend had made blueberry pancakes, which may be my favorite thing in the world to eat, and we watched Futurama while we ate.

Now I'm looking at awesome posters to decorate our apartment with and listening to Bad Religion really loud on my headphones, like I'm in high school all over again.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Just saw the set list for Music Midtown in Atlanta and immediately bought tickets.

Pearl Jam
Foo Fighters
Florence and the Machine
The Avett Brothers
Joan Jett
Girl Talk
T.I.
Ludacris
Blackhearts
Civil Twilight

Two days of awesome music in Piedmont Park for $100. loving sold.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I'm being flown out to Texas for a job interview! They're spending $2000 on my flight and hotel and car for me already and sent me a whole packet about cost of living and finding housing in the area, so I'm hoping this is a good sign.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's the first time since Saturday I feel like I have energy and I'm not dragging my feet. I was actually on time to work today because the freeway was decent. The same company I'm trying to leave gave us nice little gifts for Administrative Professional's Day. And the offer letter to jump ship should come any minute now.

computerdude37
Apr 20, 2012
Got results back for presentations we did on physics topics.

Our group was the smallest and we got the highest mark :buddy:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Just checked my RBC Reward point balance (from my credit card) and, if I were to redeem them all right now on Esso gift cards my gas is paid for for the next year.

Yeah, I haven't checked in a while. God drat does it feel good to cut something out of the budget :)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Finally recovered enough to hit the gym!

Ran for and hour and fifteen minutes before doing some weighs and going home (since the gym closed). Good to know I didn't regress too badly.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
While driving home, I saw some of these legends hanging out in a tree on the side of the road:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow-tailed_Black_Cockatoo

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

bee posted:

While driving home, I saw some of these legends hanging out in a tree on the side of the road:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow-tailed_Black_Cockatoo

Wow, seems to be pretty rare. That's pretty awesome.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I finally got the job offer. The offer paperwork can wait until I get home tonight. My future boss approved my summer vacations. I didn't have to interview for another position out of obligation because the Big Boss there (an old friend) basically told me it didn't pay enough for it to be worth my time. I got to listen to Garrison Keillor and poetry discussions on the radio on the way to and from that meeting. My current staff threw a potluck in my honor and gave me $50 worth of iTunes gift cards. It's not even 11:30. It's the day I hoped for and it's been better than I could have possibly imagined.

u: smooth sailing for the rest of the day, no rain, homemade enchiladas + booze. Firefox updated itself and rendered itself unusable on my OS but Safari is not as bad as I remembered. It's Cloud Nine, baby.

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Apr 27, 2012

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
I got the highest first in my Propaganda in the 20th century module, I was 4percent higher than the nearest person to me :)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

My day was awesome today because I got $2,366 USD worth of bills in the mail.

But I have the money to pay them.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I woke up late and my printer didn't work, but I still got to my first class in time and had enough time to print my paper in the library between class. :hellyeah:

EDIT: Also Flixster is having a thing where you get three free movies, but what you get is random. I got the first Austin Powers, Blow and Michael Clayton. Good haul.

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 07:56 on Apr 27, 2012

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
I quit my job in auto sales almost one month ago to the day. I had no other job lined up. Today, I got a job offer with the American Association for Justice. For the first time in 3.5 years, I'll have weekends and holidays off, and have a steady, consistent paycheck.

Life could not be better.

Bloody Mayhem
Jan 25, 2007

Victimology is all over the place!
An older, Polish colleague of mine just sent me an email that ended with this :

"Me, old man, I learned to make faces with punctuation marks, you see :o)"

It's cute because he's an intelligent, PhD-wielding researcher :3:

Safety Meetings
Feb 4, 2008

My Instagram is blowin' up 24/7.
today is my birthday. My horiscope said my day would be terrible, however:

1) at work I beat the sales record, of all time
2) I still went home early
3) the most gorgeous woman I have ever made out with is coming, and she has already asked me if she could stay over
4) my insurance premiums are dropping
5) I was given a gram of blow

day is, and will continue to be awesome

Touch It Touch It
Apr 2, 2010
Me - "This beef jerky is spicy, spicier than I'd normally eat" *eats piece*

Coworker - "Give me a piece." *eats piece* "Not really that hot...oh wait, it's hot once it hits the back of your throat and you swallow it."

Me - after some deliberation...I went for it, "That's what she said."

Coworker #2 - with the drive-by "'She' must be dating a negro."

PerMar Security Dude - *has kiniption laughing fuckfit, gets careless and attempts to add to the joke, loses balance, falls off ladder and breaks ankle*

Me - *silence* *posts on SA*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Bloody Mayhem posted:

"Me, old man, I learned to make faces with punctuation marks, you see :o)"

That reminded me of a string of SMS messages I got from my mother-in-law a few months after she got her first cellphone.

"HI CROWLEY MY PHONE CAN SEND MESSAGES"
*1 minute later*
"I can type in lower letters too now"
*1 minute later*
"I can do punctuation too!"
*1 minute later*
"How can I see when you reply?"

..and then I wrote her a message back. :3:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I got the paperwork for my approval letter to sell my house today in email. This means I don't have to pay 1100 a month for a place I no longer live in! :woop:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Done with my thesis! :woop:

Didn't get out of bed till noon today, then went to a wine festival, then partied with my neighbors I haven't seen in weeks due to aforementioned thesis, then went to a fun cocktail party.

Owl Island
Jul 25, 2009
I had a pretty good yesterday and today.

Yesterday, somebody was nice enough to take my shift for me, and so me and my two friends decided to take the chance to go drive out to another city and watch a roller derby. It was the first one we'd ever been to, and it was great. I had forgotten how easily I could get into sports.

After that, we were starving, so we went to Ihop, which is always a treat. Then, one of my friends was on leave from the Navy, so we met up with him and another guy and sat around hanging out and drinking late into the night.

Then today I drove back to my hometown to go out to my mom and sister's birthday dinner (they were born on the same day). Despite the issues that my mom and I have been having, I wrote her a long note in her card saying that I really appreciated all the sacrifices she had made for me throughout my life and she deserved to have a good birthday. She teared up a lot when she read it and she said she'd keep it. My sister also loved the present I gave her, which was an Adventure Time DVD with a little Jake plush doll, with his long arms wrapped around it.

And now I'm about to make a nice dinner. :)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I slept until noon, rolled out of bed and walked out on my front porch for a smoke and no one was in sight (which is highly unusual). Screwed around on the comp, watched some TV, made dinner for wifey. Made a couple phone calls, took a shower and went to the store. Now here I am sated and happy after eating a Marie Callendars' frozen dinner. (chicken and broccoli alfredo) Wifey is gone to sleep so I got about 3 more hours of peace and quiet with nothing to do but troll the web.

Mag-Lored
May 2, 2011
It's my birthday! My boss installed a new toilet in the shop bathroom in honor of the occasion and he also gave me a copy of the front door key and the password for the alarm system. How lucky I am--I almost cried.

Then I went to see my grandma and she gave me chinese food and birthday cake. It tasted good. :)

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I got a job! A full time one! With benefits! That will (hopefully) pay me without threats of legal action!

:dance:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
My softball team had its first game yesterday and even though I can't even remember the last time I played, I hit the ball every time I was at bat and my team even won! :)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I still have my job. Yeah, boring post or what, right? Seeing a lot of my mates lose theirs in the last few weeks has made me grateful for my current circumstances though.

Got Monday off (bank holiday in the UK), so the prospect of a longer weekend is making me feel better.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Lackadaisical posted:

My softball team had its first game yesterday and even though I can't even remember the last time I played, I hit the ball every time I was at bat and my team even won! :)

Hit the ball or got on base?

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit

MindlessHavok posted:

Hit the ball or got on base?

Hit the ball. It didn't exactly go far so I got tagged out before I made it to first. But considering I've never really played, I didn't even expect to hit the ball!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Today is awesome because I met H. Jon Benjamin after his show last night in Chicago and I came into work today to a tiny pretty box of chocolates on my desk from my coworker! :buddy:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ace944
Jan 28, 2009
I work for the red bulls eye and my district Assets Protection boss made me Top contributor for the first quarter and I got a letter signed by all the higher ups in in my group out of the blue, not bad for my store being in the middle of nowhere.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm going on holiday to Amsterdam with my friends next Friday until next Monday. Today I found out that I won't be coming back to the UK with them - I'll be staying an extra 2 days for some work and having a colleague come out to join me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Today is Intergalactic Star Wars Day, The Avengers comes out today, and I am a year older. I also have dinner plans with my brother and girlfriend later today, so this is going to be the best birthday ever (until I am 21 at least).