Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Clearly what we're seeing here is that City Face is Kat's new boyfriend. I always knew things would work out for him.

Kat also appears to be aging in the artwork now. That's pretty excellent!

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

TheNork posted:

So about a week ago I decided to do a little mini project to flex my drawing muscles a bit. I settled on Gunnerkrigg Court, because I love the comic, and I figured I could spread the word a bit. Here are the results:

Hopefully it's obvious who's who in those pictures. :shobon: Thank you, Tom, for all your efforts.

Added these astounding pieces to the OP. I think Eglamore is my favourite, but I can't stop looking at all of them. Beautiful work.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dodgeball posted:

"Kat, you've got head pigeons. Go see the school nurse."

I hope she doesn't start stealing people's organs. :ohdear:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Ah, yes. The pigeon of self-consciousness. An ancient and well-recognized mythological being.

We really should have expected this based on the title page.

e: and one with Kat.

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 2, 2012

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Good job everyone who called Kat trying to act like a not lesbian.

Also Zimmy this isn't the time or the place.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I hope Zimmy gets on with helping Annie now. Because I find the idea of teasing someone when you can read their mind to be a bit mean spirited.

Though it's certainly in Zimmy's character.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
This was not something I was expecting; Kat is literally a bird brain.

"Kat, is there something you should be telling us?"

Foomin
Feb 14, 2005

Talorat posted:

Good job everyone who called Kat trying to act like a not lesbian.

Also Zimmy this isn't the time or the place.
It looks like Zimmy is talking about something else entirely (maybe the bird thing?!), though I guess we'll find out for sure on friday. Somehow I don't think the circles Zimmy runs in are concerned with the same kind of gossip.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

What if Zimmy is not there to help Annie, but to help Kat?

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Gee, I hope Zimmy doesn't try to convince Kat's mind to jump into her awesome mouth filled with many super-sharp fangs. :ohdear:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Sinnlos posted:

Well then I hope Annie's just resting her eyes in that hospital bed while hooked to an ECG.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Well then I hope Annie's just resting her eyes in that hospital bed while hooked to an ECG.

But what if it is not actually Annie? We have precedent for this sort of thing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sinnlos posted:

Sinnlos posted:

But what if it is not actually Annie? We have precedent for this sort of thing.

But what if this has all been a dream by Renard and he actually never left the forest?

vvvvvv drat you, Kismet!

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 2, 2012

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

What if it's all a dream by Coyote and Renard doesn't exist!

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Kismet posted:

Annie was caught in the fire at the hospital and has been in a coma ever since. The court and forest are just manifestations of her subconscious built on fairy tales and the promises of a school she'd never attend

:can:

Nice try guys, I called all this months ago.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kismet posted:

The last update, Annie wakes up and sees a pair of birds perched on her windowsill, one of whom looks remarkably Kat-like.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I wish I could just empty post with my avatar, as that was pretty much my reaction to this page.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Mince Pieface posted:

I wish I could just empty post with my avatar, as that was pretty much my reaction to this page.

This is going to be one of those chapters, isn't it?

:tinfoil: option: Everyone has a secret pigeon, but only Gamma and Zimmy can see them.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Oneiros posted:

This is going to be one of those chapters, isn't it?

:tinfoil: option: Everyone has a secret pigeon, but only Gamma and Zimmy can see them.

Maybe it's more generic: Everyone has a secret head-animal that says their owner's thoughts out loud. Kat and Paz have pigeons, Annie has a little wolf cub or fox kit, Eglamore has a dragon whelp...

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

OriginalPseudonym posted:

The last update, Annie wakes up and sees a pair of birds perched on her windowsill, one of whom looks remarkably Kat-like.

Nnnnope. It's gotta end with it all being a day-dream of an Autistic Kat/Annie, looking into a snowglobe of what kind of looks like Gunnerkrigg Court.

That would have been an awesome April Fools Day joke. Or a rage inducing one. One or the other.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

So why did Kat mute the ECG machine? She says it's just a precaution and that Annie doesn't really need it, but if it's not important then why make such a big point of showing it to us? And having Kat say she "couldn't stand the drat noise?" I don't have any wild theories about this, it just seemed weird to mention it so prominently.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

feetnotes posted:

So why did Kat mute the ECG machine? She says it's just a precaution and that Annie doesn't really need it, but if it's not important then why make such a big point of showing it to us? And having Kat say she "couldn't stand the drat noise?" I don't have any wild theories about this, it just seemed weird to mention it so prominently.

I got a wild theory! It's actually Gamma in the bed, and Kat is Zimmy and she turned off the alarm because Zimmy's crazy right? 'Zimmy and Gamma' are actually Kat and Annie and the pigeon is Eglamore.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Eventually Tom's going to start captioning pages "The man on this page is Mr.Elgamore" when he wasn't even in the chapter, just to gently caress with us...

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

feetnotes posted:

She muted it from going boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop beep boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop beep bop zippity zop boop boop boop boop boop all the time. Now it will just make noise in case of alarm.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

The Missing Link posted:

She muted it from going boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop beep boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop beep bop zippity zop boop boop boop boop boop all the time. Now it will just make noise in case of alarm.

Now I want to hear a Bill Cosby ECG machine.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Kuros posted:

Now I want to hear a Bill Cosby ECG machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPbWUHu13M&sns=em

Family guy African American heart monitor. Just The last 15 seconds, really.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Am I alone in thinking Zimmy is about to tell Kat about Robot's cult?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Unlikely. It just doesn't seems to be relevant here. Might be wrong, though, given we don't know how Annie landed in that hospital bed.

e: Though now you mention it, the chapter's name is Divine, so that's maybe more likely than I thought.

And since it's my first post in this thread, I'd like to express my anger at the jerk who have a link to this fine webcomic in his avatar. I had things to do those past few days, drat you! Anyway, Am I the only who's a bit nostalgic of the very beginning, and more particularly the atmosphere? I really liked it back then, it was pretty overpowering and eerie, mixing both a pretty kiddy fear (being lost in a huge, unknown place), some seriously otherwordly setpieces, at least to me (in particular the division between the forest and the Court as it is shown in the beginning), and setting of he court itself as a huge, derelict sprawling city with no end in sight, which I like quite a lot. Now that we know a bit more about the world, it seems a bit of that ambiance is gone. On the other hand, it have been replaced by a quite awesome cast of likable characters, so no complaint from me.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

So when Zimmy and Gamma communicate psychically are they just talking with each other's mind pidgeons?

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
:doh: Oh jeez, when I first read the page I wondered why Kat had brought City Face into the hospital room with her and thought Zimmy was reading his mind. Granted, it was 5:30 in the morning and I hadn't had my coffee yet, but that still makes my mind pigeon's excellence super below average. I am the one asking which guy is Eglamore. I am the one who wonders whether The Girl In The Picture is a robot.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

All I can think is that the pidgeon just pooped on Kat's head there.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I think the pigeon is just symbolic for what's going on with Kat right at this moment, like Zimmy's eye-gunk is symbolic. Although of course symbols tend to behave in unexpected ways when Zimmy is in the vicinity. Still, I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

Also: Zimmy, disturbing the poo poo.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I think Kat is asleep.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kismet posted:

Coyote was really a crazy janitor that would come into Annie's room and babble on and on about nonsense.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She's just a big fan of Portlandia.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Fatkraken posted:

Apparently the more dramatic the chapter, the fewer avatars it generates.

This is looking to be a zero avatar chapter :ohdear:
Bet you're feeling silly for saying that right about now :smug:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
The third panel is the best

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've been noticing a lot of profile shots like that lately.

(and by a lot I mean more than zero)

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 3, 2012

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Been meaning to post this since Plan Theta and Divine were posted, didn't turn out as good as I hoped, but I think someone will still enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heliotrope posted:

The third panel is the best

This looks like a reference to laughinggirls.jpg :v::allears: