Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinky Blinkerson
May 9, 2006
may I present the Boatrolla, or is it the Corboata ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

35 mpg aerodynamic front end, no mention of if it does that while running a water temp of 250 degrees?

blambert
Jul 2, 2007
you spin me right round baby right round.

Make sure you play the jazz.

quote:

Put your legs up. Loosen your tie. Pour yourself a cool refreshing glass of whiskey and light up that favourite cigar. Your in a for a real treat. The following attempts to document a car that defines its own genre of style and character. The article below is best read while listening to some smooth jazz such as the provided by clicking on this link. http://youtu.be/9C-8u5KH6kU

Man has climbed mount Everest. Gone to the bottom of the ocean. Has fired rockets to the moon. Split the atom. Achieved miracles in every field of human endeavour. And the pinnacle of his success is certain. The 1997 Volvo V70 2.0 Litre Petrol. In Blue.

But not everyone has the opportunity to own the car they always wanted. Only one lucky buyer amongst you will cruise away in a automobile that is almost guaranteed to get the neighbours talking.

This might just be the opportunity you have been looking for to get your very own world renowned Volvo V70.

Its the kind of car that’s the last thing you think of before you go to sleep. You get up before breakfast to look at it again. You inspect it daily- not for its obvious and numerous scratches but you inspect it with your own hands for the curved rugged feel of its steel and the aging grace of its body, the distinctive smell of its upholstery, the simple cheap honesty of its comfort and the feel of a easy riding seat that holds you like your favourite chair.

What’s more it has all those extras you need to be in pure luxury driving heaven.

Lets start with the power accessories- the perfectionist in you will love them all.

Electric Sunroof- a wonderful new way of giving a hardtop the character of a convertible.

Signal Indicators- an ingenious signalling system that allows those drivers behind you to know of your intention to turn either left or right.

Electric mirrors- confirm those second glances you will surely receive as you drive through town by adjusting not only the driving side mirror electronically but the passenger side too.

Heated Mirrors- just when you thought the Electric mirrors could not get any better.

Electric Windows- you are the captain as you choose which of the four windows receives fresh country air.

10 CD Disc changer- it may not work but that’s beside the point as it’s the image of it drilled it to the back of a seat that says you are a gentleman of simple taste and means.

But enough about its numerous electrical features lets discuss the unique and memorable interior.

The first thing you will notice as you step inside the Volvo V70 is the richness of character that only comes from a car with unknown numerous owners and over 135,000 of possibly genuine miles. Its saturated in history that lets you know instantly that this car has seen it all and lives to tell the tale. Seats and carpets boldly state alike that they too have seen 15 years of frontline action. Words can not describe the many surprises that awaits the new proud owner.

Features such as the always open petrol cap panel hint at the relaxed atmosphere of yesteryear. Fold down chairs in the back mean you can choose to convert the automobile into a perfect carrier of leisure equipment after only a couple of strenuous awkward movements. A retractable sun visor for the rear storage area means your Dom Perignom champagne stays chilled as you drive towards the sunny beaches of south France with your lady friend.

Just when you though the Volvo V70 could not get any better it also comes with the following FREE extras:

A worn spare tyre- A memento to the cars extensive history of driving pleasure.

Jack- A perfect companion to the worn tyre as without the jack you would still be driving the worn tyre.

Miscellaneous items such as golf balls and office stationary prove that its always been the vehicle of choice for mixing business with pleasure since its purchase many years ago.

Impossible to fully describe without first hand experience I have attempted above to capture the feel of what’s it is like to own a car that likes to chart its own road. You rediscover it everyday. Its all part of owning the worlds most glamorous car. This is how it can be for you.

But why trust a stranger you have never met? So let me provide you with actual quotes from some neutral source passengers and onlookers who have been graced with its presence in the two days I have owned it…

‘Well it runs’ - Previous owner

‘Its comfortable anyway’-Brother

‘Has it been crashed before?’ -Friend

‘At least its got an NCT for the next few months’ Father

‘Wow’ -Potential Romantic Interest

So if you’re a gentleman of renowned style and not afraid to make a bold statement call me today to discuss the particulars.

The Blue 1997 Volvo V70- It’s a simple choice.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2987879203.html

AHAHAHAHAH!

I guess the appeal of Craigslist to some posters is the possibility of finding people dumber than they are and hoping that they'll get those dumb people to buy their mistakes. Often by using the same sales pitch that they fell for in the first place.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

blambert posted:

Make sure you play the jazz.

I've never wanted a V70 so much in my life. :aaaaa:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Genuine gold:

Emailed the seller 1.5 hours after it was posted, but that was far too late of course. Sold already. :(

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

quote:

The ad, titled "Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ," has already been flagged for removal from the popular classifieds site, but not before it's exploded all over the internet.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
This would've been better with no text other than the ad title:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2992567061.html

Unfortunately, the hubcap logos spoil the fun.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2968405065.html

quote:

1996 Audi A4 Quattro for repair or parts.
Needs timing belt and power steering pump.
2.8 6cyl, 5 speed gets 27+ mpg hwy (I averaged 24 with 50-60% city)
Bose Stereo, All Wheel Drive, Heated Front Seats, Door Locks, Exterior Temp. Thermometer, etc.
Silver Color
Web site for specs- http://www.audiworld.com/model/a4/96/a4.shtml
Extensive recent repairs including new:
Water pump(1200.), 3 of the 4 wheel bearings(1080.), front steering control arms-rf(900.),
Radiator and fan(1000.+), etc, etc., etc. Comes with spare ac compressor, which cost more than what I'm asking
for the whole car. Body is in very good shape. New tires.
Although at some point I will have repaired/replaced the entire car, I am a student on disability and can't afford this
anymore, as much as I love the way it drives. Need to get something cheap and inexpensive to fix.
Although this is an amazing car that handles like a dream, with full time all wheel drive,
and has helped me avoid more accidents with idiot drivers than I can count, I just don't have any more money left to keep driving it.
A mechanic or student with financially secure parents would be perfect new owners.
They tell me the timing belt is out now, along with the power steering pump, which is leaking, and I just don't have the money to fix it.
I need money for a down payment on something else or to
trade it for a cheap functional car, truck, or even motorcycle. Anything that will get me to school and back.
The car is currently at a shop in Houston.
God willing, someone will give it a new home, and appreciate it as much as I have.

Dammit, I don't need another project.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Tremek posted:

Genuine gold:

Emailed the seller 1.5 hours after it was posted, but that was far too late of course. Sold already. :(

Yeah good deals on craigslist move way too fast sometimes.

Speaking of which, I just picked up this beauty:

It's clean as can be for a 22 year old vehicle. 220k on the frame and body, engine and tranny swapped from a 93 4runner with 120k AND HE HAS THE PAPERWORK TO PROVE IT!! No chips in the glass, new bigfoot tires, matching aluminum rims, I hit the loving jackpot.

:woop:

DrPain fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 3, 2012

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tremek posted:

Genuine gold:

This post made me check my own local Kijiji. I don't think this one is as good of a deal:

At least it's not that rusty, but it is gutted, has a busted transmission and is massively overpriced. Not to mention that I'd have to bring it into my province and get it inspected to be able to register it.

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This post made me check my own local Kijiji. I don't think this one is as good of a deal

I did the same. Think I found the jackpot, too! Have any of you ever even seen this trim level?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'd buy that, restore it to stockish and then coat the entire underside in as much oil as I could find. The ZC motor alone is probably worth $300.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
This would be genuine gold, if not for the "what the gently caress have you been smoking?" price.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Q_res posted:

This would be genuine gold, if not for the "what the gently caress have you been smoking?" price.

Appointment only!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Funny thing is, that's the 5th or 6th time it's popped up in the last two weeks. He hasn't budged on the price at all, it's making it very hard not to send a taunting email.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
lol 18k for an automatic conquest that's been sitting for over 20 years if not longer.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

DrPain posted:

It's clean as can be for a 22 year old vehicle. 220k on the frame and body, engine and tranny swapped from a 93 4runner with 120k AND HE HAS THE PAPERWORK TO PROVE IT!! No chips in the glass, new bigfoot tires, matching aluminum rims, I hit the loving jackpot.

:woop:

Small world man, my uncle was eyeing this exact same 4runner. :)

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

FIRST TIME posted:

Am I missing something that suggests that there is even really a car for sale? I just figured that everything in the ad was completely made up.

She does own a Lincoln LS. She is wanting to sell it, but not for 2800. She wants 5800. I told her thanks but no thank you.

For content.

Has rust and bondo.
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2968095408.html

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 3, 2012

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/cto/2993684474.html

Someone, please save it.

Dogtanian
Jan 31, 2007

This space intentionally left blank

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Oh boy. Would drive this everyday unironically and without shame.

I would drive this.
Would I drive this? I would not say no.
I would drive this in the snow.
I would drive this everywhere I go.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
^^Gonna need a new steering wheel, though

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

^^Gonna need a new steering wheel, though

Maybe not, depends on how far you can get that thing before it rubs. It is a little troubling that the wheel appears turned but the tires don't.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Now, I like Daytonas. I have one myself I have been slowly bringing back from the dead.

But who the hell restores a V6, Automatic, 3rd Gen Daytona? Let alone has the balls to ask 15K for it?

It wouldn't even be worth that with a DOHC T3 motor and a 5 Speed.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

MiniFoo posted:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/cto/2993684474.html

Someone, please save it.

God damnit who bought it - post deleted by author.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

keykey posted:

Small world man, my uncle was eyeing this exact same 4runner. :)

Ha! Wow that's a trip.

Just got the title transferred and registration today. I'm planning on it being my daily driver for at least 3-4 years then hopefully I'll be in something nice(er) and new(er). Then I'm going to do stupid, stupid things to it. Exterior roll cage, snorkel intake, lift kit, 33" tires, roof lights, etc... The full mad max treatment.

:hellyeah:

DrPain fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 4, 2012

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Dogtanian posted:

Oh boy. Would drive this everyday unironically and without shame.

I would drive this.
Would I drive this? I would not say no.
I would drive this in the snow.
I would drive this everywhere I go.

If this were in Texas, it would be mine.
Rolling to work would feel so fine

Parted out brings many dimes.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Whoa

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

:argh: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGh :argh: it's only 1600 miles away! :mad:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I honestly have no loving idea what to say about this:

http://richmond.craigslist.org/ctd/2983926864.html

It looks like they used a demotivational poster generator for the boarders and just failed. The sparkle text gifs are just the icing on the cake.

I saved the html so you can view in all of it's glory:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7wTHkLEPnewdVhRNHBJU24wOGM

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 6, 2012

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It looks like they used a demotivational poster generator for the boarders and just failed. The sparkle text gifs are just the icing on the cake.

The best are the framed pictures that say
TITLE
Body

Obviously they used the generator to make the frame, but didn't enter any text, just left it blank and that's what the generator spewed out.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I do not think that word image means what you think it means.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
No way in hell did I pay his asking price. Project thread shall show why.

extreme_accordion fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 6, 2012

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
I can't say I see these pop up all that often around here.
'78 Lancia Beta

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Oh wow, I didn't know Saleen made a Bullitt.

Yeticopter
Nov 19, 2004

Everybody's favorite urban legend, now airborne.

Plek posted:

Oh wow, I didn't know Saleen made a Bullitt.

I don't think they did, the Bullit was a slightly faster special edition Mustang for 2001 only- just about the only thing that makes it "Saleen" is the ridiculous body kit. FORD GT SUPPER POWER!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

IOwnCalculus posted:

I do not think that word image means what you think it means.

It was instructions, not an explanation.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

chrisgt posted:

The best are the framed pictures that say
TITLE
Body

Obviously they used the generator to make the frame, but didn't enter any text, just left it blank and that's what the generator spewed out.

I also like the horsepower estimate since 265hp is what a stock 2001 GT makes. That's either extremely conservative or shockingly honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Abominable! posted:

I can't say I see these pop up all that often around here.
'78 Lancia Beta

Now you, too can have a Lancia Beeta Coupay...SUPERLEGGERA.