Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I wondered what "SS" stands for when he's not leading a gang of vicious mobsters or slaying sovereigns. I think that it would suffice to call him the Surly Sociopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Bobulus posted:

And now, your regular Homestuck LiveBlog status update:

There's also Dante Basco's tumblr, which is a mix of Homestuck reactions and his other personal projects. Supposedly the quadrants actually made sense to him.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

A good poster posted:

There's also Dante Basco's tumblr, which is a mix of Homestuck reactions and his other personal projects. Supposedly the quadrants actually made sense to him.
The joke is that they all are supposed to make sense, they're all just dressed up in a very alien way.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

JT Jag posted:

If Hussie is dead who is narrating this?

I was wondering the same thing.

Yeah Man
Oct 9, 2011

And if you had, you know, a huge killer robot at your command, yeah, that would just clutter things up; and a lesser person might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but you know - where's the challenge in that?

Bobulus posted:

And now, your regular Homestuck LiveBlog status update:

The only update on Homestuck liveblogs should be that there are too many Homestuck liveblogs (i.e. more than 0).

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
At this point, I think Jack is going to kill half of Prospit from his jail cell.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

JT Jag posted:

If Hussie is dead who is narrating this?
Blue arrow candies.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah Man posted:

The only update on Homestuck liveblogs should be that there are too many Homestuck liveblogs (i.e. more than 0).

Aw, if they bug people, I'll stop mentioning them, but I love 'em! Watching people experience Homestuck for the first time is almost as fun as experiencing it for the first time yourself!

(It helps when they speculate, in both totally right and totally wrong ways)

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Yeah Man posted:

Pssst.

Hey, guess what has even less entertainment value than Homestuck liveblogs?

YOUR SHITPOSTS!

:thumbsup:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I had a friend who I got into HS a while back, and it was pretty entertaining to listen to him going through and trying to catch up, with his own thoughts and theories. But then he lost interest or time or something, sometime before [s] Descend, which is unfortunate both because it was a great game-changing flash, and his favorite character was Jade.

That said, I'm glad we finally got to see a bit more variety of Prospitians, who so very rarely have any sort of limelight or focus. Too bad they're all going to have the misfortune of dealing with Jack. :ese:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I enjoy the liveblogs. Sometimes even send in asks/comments (I was the guy that told MvH to watch the mapplehoof flash because it would turn out to be plot-important).

closeted republican posted:

At this point, I think Jack is going to kill half of Prospit from his jail cell.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Bobulus posted:

Aw, if they bug people, I'll stop mentioning them, but I love 'em! Watching people experience Homestuck for the first time is almost as fun as experiencing it for the first time yourself!

(It helps when they speculate, in both totally right and totally wrong ways)

Please don't! I'm addicted to other peoples' reactions to things I enjoy; it's why I joined SA in the first place. Your selfless mentioning of which are worth note saves me and countless others from having to drudge through the minefield that is Tumblr's Homestuck tag.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Raider posted:

I had a friend who I got into HS a while back, and it was pretty entertaining to listen to him going through and trying to catch up, with his own thoughts and theories. But then he lost interest or time or something, sometime before [s] Descend, which is unfortunate both because it was a great game-changing flash, and his favorite character was Jade.

You should casually mention in conversation that it's too bad he didn't get far enough to see Jade die. I tried that on a friend and that got them up to Hivebent pretty fast.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I don't think it can be said enough but I've really missed this version of Jack. This regular, down-to-earth, working class stabeveryman.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

I don't think it can be said enough but I've really missed this version of Jack. This regular, down-to-earth, working class stabeveryman.
Feels very old fashioned, this Jack. Hearkens back to when stabbing everyone all of the time really meant something, y'know?

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 3, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Defiantly displaying the severed heads of huge guards to royalty? Why, it's as if Dirk Strider were alive and with us today.

No wonder that conversation with Jake implied some meeting between the two characters. My confidence that time bullshit was afoot in that regard has increased.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Guess that sound drubbing Jack got from the White Queen gave him black feelings for her instead this time around.

This totally won't backfire hilariously.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Jack, that was possibly the smoothest thing you've done this whole jailbreak. You didn't even stab the control panel off, you managed to actually pry it. Good job?

DrakePegasus posted:

Please don't! I'm addicted to other peoples' reactions to things I enjoy; it's why I joined SA in the first place. Your selfless mentioning of which are worth note saves me and countless others from having to drudge through the minefield that is Tumblr's Homestuck tag.

Oh, good! You might like the new one I just found, treestuck. She starts slow (and doesn't tag her posts correctly for using the /chrono/ trick) but she freaks out in a great way to stuff. And her friends are heckling her about it the whole time.

quote:

WAILS

SO THE TROLL I LIKE DESPITE MYSELF, AND DESPITE THE FACT THAT SHE’S KIND OF EVIL

USED THE TROLL WHO IS PROBABLY MY SECOND FAVORITE SO FAR

TO MURDER MY FAVORITE TROLL. AND HER LUSUS, I ASSUME.

GREAT. THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP HUSSIE.

GDFDFKHDKFHGFHGH

FLINGS SELF OFF THE FACE OF HOMESTUCK BRB IM HAVING A MOMENT

quote:

I would just like to protest that no one warned me about the fact that homestuck will destroy you in multiple ways. No one warned me about anything beyond the fact that the beginning is slow.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Hussie's banging out a dozen or so panels a day to make up for a TCAF-related hiatus this weekend, isn't he?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
More importantly, Hussie is practically word for word rewriting a set of comics he already wrote and we are wildly entertained by it. The man knows no bounds.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Another update, I think Jack might have a few communication problems. Jack, I really don't think that pumpkin shows the solemn respect that you most clearly have for your captors. In fact I think it may piss them off just a tiny bit. :ohdear:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Jack.

Jack.

Jack.

AVeryLArgeRadish posted:

Another update, I think Jack might have a few communication problems.
Jack knows precisely what he means to say. Take that as you will.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Look at how thoughtful and considerate Jack is. We could all learn a lot from his example.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Unlike Spades and Snowman, this burgeoning :s: between Jack and WQ will pay off when they use their respective genetic material to make little gray babies that grow up to be UU/uu. UU takes after the mother, uu after the father.

There is no way this will be what actually happens, but still.

Yeah Man
Oct 9, 2011

And if you had, you know, a huge killer robot at your command, yeah, that would just clutter things up; and a lesser person might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but you know - where's the challenge in that?
I just love how dignified and thoughtful the narration is trying to sound while Jack is performing horrible atrocities.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Unlike Spades and Snowman, this burgeoning :s: between Jack and WQ will pay off when they use their respective genetic material to make little gray babies that grow up to be UU/uu. UU takes after the mother, uu after the father.

There is no way this will be what actually happens, but still.

Never say never. Just remember TavrisSprite.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Rose Spirit posted:

Never say never. Just remember TavrisSprite.

But that was actually possible from knowledge we already had, and was very likely to happen. Hussie doesn't just make random stuff up and try to make tortured explanations afterwards.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Man I know it's just played for laughs, but the garish murders are pretty... garish. The story tends to treat Bec Noir as a villain for his various genocides and Spades Slick as more of an anti-hero (even if he'd do the exact same things if he only had the opportunity). I'm finding I'm hoping this Jack Noir is being set up to be some sort of mid-range antagonist the reset players get to bring down, because I'd really like to see him get his.

Then again this is Homestuck where no one gets what they want (unless what they want is hilarious stabbing, which it should always be, in which case one is always happy).

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

I wondered what "SS" stands for when he's not leading a gang of vicious mobsters or slaying sovereigns. I think that it would suffice to call him the Surly Sociopath.

The Surreptitious Stalker? The Slovenly Slaughterer?? Savage Steward?????

It was always in my ~~~***headcanon***~~~ that all the carapace people have actual names, they just use the initials because of their role as game constructs, but because Jack is REBELLIOUS he just uses his name. All the other carapace people refer to him by some variation of SS.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Dolash posted:

I'm finding I'm hoping this Jack Noir is being set up to be some sort of mid-range antagonist the reset players get to bring down, because I'd really like to see him get his..

I thought it looked like diamonds droog was the new leader of the midnight crew based on that one dirk animation, so maybe jack will die and DD will take over, and all terrier fancy magazines will be swapped for grey ladies.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Rooreelooo posted:

I thought it looked like diamonds droog was the new leader of the midnight crew based on that one dirk animation, so maybe jack will die and DD will take over, and all terrier fancy magazines will be swapped for grey ladies.

I'm pretty sure that was just because Jack had him overseeing the assassination effort on Derse while he himself was off on Prospit.

(Specifically, the whole HB's head on a pike thing happened before Jack got arrested.)

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

what's in the pumpkin

WHAT"S IN THE PUMPKIN???

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I'm posting this in the main thread rather than the fanart thread because gently caress it, I worked hard on these. Over the past many months, I've been knitting Prospit and Derse pajamas, and finally finished them. These are actual pajamas that I actually wear, because if you're going to make embarrassing costumes that you would never ever wear in public, you might as well get some use out of them.

As always, linked for pictures of a super awkward looking goon wearing the most embarrassing pajamas this side of A Christmas Story.

I wear my Prospit nightie in the summer when it's hot.

I wear my Derse pajamas in the winter when it's not.

in my dream i am the star. its me

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Olivia42 posted:

Two things:

You did an amazing job on those.

-and-

They must never, ever be seen in public. Ever.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Boogaleeboo posted:

Two things:

You did an amazing job on those.

-and-

They must never, ever be seen in public. Ever.

Hahahahaha this is so true. They look GREAT and will simultaneously have you locked up in a loony bin for life if anyone ever finds out.

Seriously though, that must've been a ton of work, awesome job!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Ever.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

nerdbot posted:

The Surreptitious Stalker? The Slovenly Slaughterer?? Savage Steward?????

It was always in my ~~~***headcanon***~~~ that all the carapace people have actual names, they just use the initials because of their role as game constructs, but because Jack is REBELLIOUS he just uses his name. All the other carapace people refer to him by some variation of SS.

It is really weird that all the other carapacians hold fast to their initials, but Jack Noir's initials aren't the same as his title, ArchAgent, and he only starts going by SS when A2 becomes the Scurrilious Straggler and then Spades Slick. After B2 Jack becomes the Sovereign Slayer, he starts being called Bec Noir, breaking the initials rules even more, despite still being referred to as "the Slayer."

Interesting that WV, PM, and AR don't appear in the trolls session, even if to point out that they were ignored due to the trolls' tendancy to slaughter first and pay attention to story never. WV's rebellion, like Jack's, seems like it could be a constant that players in various sessions could take advantage of.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Dr Christmas posted:

Interesting that WV, PM, and AR don't appear in the trolls session, even if to point out that they were ignored due to the trolls' tendancy to slaughter first and pay attention to story never. WV's rebellion, like Jack's, seems like it could be a constant that players in various sessions could take advantage of.

Much like how the Denizens weren't actually supposed to be defeated in combat, I wonder if the Black King and Queen both had non-violent options of dealing with them as well? Not peaceful really, but better than a final showdown.

Jack's coup against the queen and WV's rebellion against the King?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Dr Christmas posted:

WV's rebellion, like Jack's, seems like it could be a constant that players in various sessions could take advantage of.

I am vaguely recalling someone talking about this, where in the infinite pool of Universes, there are only a few WV's who actually get fed up enough to rally the troops for a rebellion. It compared it to Jack, where he doesn't always get fed up enough with the BQ to actually attempt to kill her.

Maybe one of the Doctor Scratch interludes? I don't want to have to troll through all of Homestuck to try and find something that could have just as easily been a Hussie quote.

Basically, there does not seem to be any real constants in Skaia. B2 here doesn't even have the Kings and no Black Queen! Just as easily there could be no Jack in certain sessions, or by some awkward (player instigated) series of events, White could win over Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There's always a WV and a Jack Noir and countless other Dersites and Prospitians, but the players' actions determine whether they amount to anything or not. The butterfly effect applies to this, of course.